Maintained all responsibilities of Assistant Bursar and assumed additional responsibilities. Responsible to manage five staff members. Work with Registrar and Dean of Financial Aid/Registration to ensure account activity is current and correct for multiple term enrollments. Work with Argos reports to ensure enrollment activity for College Credit Plus and non-pay drop reports. Work with Vice President of Operation and Budget Manager to report correct enrollment activity to college President, Provost, and Vice President of Student Enrollment Management. Assist with yearly audit controls for all student account activity. Assist with Veterans audit account. Work with One Stop Shop to assist students with registration, financial aid, and student account questions. Refund through Touchnet. Reconcile daily web payments through Touchnet integration with Banner. Work with Comptroller to assist with account reconciliation for grant accounts, federal loans, scholarships, electronic transfer funds, and general student account information. Responsible for term set-up to include proper refund schedule, drop codes, current financial aid codes, current fee codes, installment plan, and scholarships. Work with financial aid and registration specialists to ensure registration and financial activity is current and correct. Established an open door policy with all staff members to create an efficient and effective team work environment. Assistant is crossed trained in all areas and functions of my duties. Cashiers and assistant staff accounts are trained to assist students with refund process, registration, transcript requests, and third party payments.
- Bursar at Stark State College
- Assistant Bursar at Stark State College
- Asst. Accountant-Cashier at Stark State College
- Office Manager at Canton Graphic Arts
4 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting
- Associates of Science
July 2015 - present
• Mission: Developing leadership and governing local Squires Circles throughout the state
• Offices: Marshall, Bursar
- Marshall, Bursar at State Columbian Squires
- Marshall, Notary, Deputy Chief Squire at Columbian Squires Circle #2645, Massillon Chapter
- Team Member at KFC Kendal House
- Freelance Home Service at
3 years, 6 months at this Job
Responsible for collecting student and department payments, distributing checks, processing departmental deposits, prepare cash bank deposits and assist students with inquiries on their student account.
• Assist Bursar in the management of departmental daily activities at the Edinburg Campus and provide instructional support to Bursar staff
• Oversee the processing of Departmental Deposits and ensure accuracy of posting to correct departmental accounts
• Process batch updates daily from CORE Onestep (cashiering system) and Ipayments (Online Payments) to Oracle
• Daily distribute the startup money to cashiers and pick at the end of business day
• Assist cashiers with cash shortages or overages
• Daily verify cashiers checkout sheet, cash and ensure accuracy of deposits
• Daily prepare bank deposit bags for Armor Truck
• Process daily electronic deposit of checks to the bank
• Oversee the distribution of Student Refund Checks, Payroll Checks and Bank Pay Cards
• Prepares daily financial transaction reports for all payments taken at the Bursar Office
• Reconcile 25 Banner Fee Accounts on a monthly basis
• Coordinate work schedules of part time cashiers on a semester basis
• Provide guidance to cashiers when questions and issues arise with either disgruntled students or conducted research on an issue with the student account
• Provide customer service to students and staff whether it be in person, by phone or email
• Oversee the department email and conduct research on inquiries from students or departments
• Conducts Cash Handling Trainings when departments were approved to handle cash payments, when a new clinic opened or when needed
• Conduct cash counts for Departments that had a Change Fund Account (Petty Cash) on a monthly basis
• Conduct weekly cash counts of money in vault at Bursar Office
• Submit requests for Credit Card Refunds and Check Stop Payments when requested by student or department
• Direct Supervisor of 3 Full Time Cashiers, 2 Part Time Cashiers and 1 Accounting Technician at the Edinburg Campus
- Assistant Bursar at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Accountant II at University of Texas Pan American
- Labor Distribution Accounting Technician at University of Texas Pan American
- Labor Distribution Clerk (Part Time) at University of Texas Pan American
3 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Applied Technological Management - Applied Technological Management
- Associates of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
- High School Diploma
• Student accounts receivable monitoring, reporting, and collections
• Perkins Loan monitoring, reporting, and collections
• Collection agency placement, monitoring, and reporting
• Staff supervisor
- Assistant Bursar at Roger Williams University Bursar's Office
- Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist at Roger Williams University Bursar's Office
- Office Assistant at Roger Williams University Registrar's Office
- Graduate Assistant at Providence College Special and Archival Collections
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Modern European History
- Bachelor of Arts - History
• Process students account closeout for drops and graduates.
• Meet with students as needed to ensure on-time payment and/or payment arrangements.
• Ensure that all students have sufficient funding to cover their term tuition charges and track receipt of third party billing (WIA, TA, and Vocational Rehabilitation).
• Process all necessary exit paperwork (bursar exit letter, refund exit form)
• Schedule and track all cash paying student accounts.
• Monitor all Title IV credit balances.
• Process all accounts payable and forward to Director for signature.
• Order all supplies for the school.
• Prepare deposits weekly.
- Campus Bursar at Aviation Institute of Maintenance
- Partner at West Corporation
- Customer Service/Retention Specialist at GE Money Bank
- Account Receivable Specialist, Cash Applications at Automated Clearing House
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
Direct administrative and operational activities of the Office of the Bursar, including student accounts, collections, and compliance efforts.
• Plan, develop, and implement policies and procedures related to student financial matters.
• Engage with university academic, student service, and auxiliary departments on related issues.Serve on committees that impact student financial matters.
•Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws (i.e. Federal Title IV, FERPA, loan and grant programs, etc.), Florida Board of Regents regulations and reporting requirements, and institutional rules and policies.
• Oversee student accounting, billing, receivables, reconciliation, and collections in a timely manner
• Oversee disbursement of student financial aid accounts, tuition refunds, return to lenders, and third-party billings.
• Prepare department budget and approve operating expenditures.
• Provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff.
• Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Head Bursar at Everglades University
- Account Receivable Specialist at National Oak Distributors, Inc Headquarters
- ACCOUNT SPECIALIST at GARDAWORLD CASH LOGISTICS Inc Headquarters
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) Assistant Supervisor at United Healthcare Group
at this Job
Duties: Debt collection. Attend to all account queries from parents. Manual record of school fees per learner, complied and sent to bookkeeper for invoicing. Complete the deposit book for cash payments and did the banking. Maintained a manual record of payments for each learner (no access to pastel). Allocated account numbers for payments on bank statement, scanned and emailed to bookkeeper. Captured payments on business online for director to release. Responsible for the admission of new learners and transfer of learners. Printing of school fee statements and issued to each learner at month end. Filing and serve relief at reception. Purchase of stationery, staff tea refreshments and sundries. Contact: Mr Baijnath - Principal (031 5397296/8) Mrs V. Naidoo - HOD
- Admin Clerk at Mount Edgecombe Private School
- General Admin Assistant at Berea Plumbers cc
- Admin - Debtors Clerk at Pakco (Pty) Ltd
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- - English
Bursar Coordinator/Certified Passport Agent
• Counsel students in meeting college financial obligations including current tuition, prior receivables and methods of payment; respond to student account inquiries
• Post student payments, respond to inquiries, assist at the request for a supervisor
• Perform collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables including cashier activities; review and process refunds
• Complete daily reconciliation of cashiering for deposits
• Advise students on tuition payment options including third party payment plans and other related activities, currently via Nelnet, Inc. and Affiliates.
• Participate in office-wide student outreach for collections and maintenance of student receivables
• Serve as a liaison for University contracted external collection agencies and assist in semi-annual placement of delinquent accounts
• Respond to inquiries from third parties regarding student accounts: itemized billing, delinquent accounts, collection agency disputes
• Provide support to ensure smooth flow of business operations and completion of required administrative tasks within the office
• Prepare analytical and statistical reports for management: payment plan tracking, collections, third party payments
• Provide excellent phone and in-person customer service
• Learned and lead out-of-county student billing; monitor the process for payments
• 1098-T data review, testing and required corrections
• Strive to comply with University and College policies
• Participate in College workshops and student orientation events to assist in college-wide goal of student recruitment and retention
- Bursar Office at QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Independent Sales Representative at QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Bank Teller at CAPITAL ONE BANK
- Bakery clerk/ Cashier at WALDBAUM'S
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters in Educational Psychology - Educational Psychology
- Bachelor in Business Administration and Human Resource - Human Resources
- Associates in Business Administration - Business Administration
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Student Accounts Receivable
• Non Student Receivables
• Allowance for Doubtful Accounts
• Fee Waivers
• Fee Assessment
• GL Reconciliation
• Bank Reconciliation
• Contracts and Veteran Deferments
• Year-end closing accruals
- Bursar at State University
- Assistant Bursar at State University
- Accountant at Heartland Payment Systems
- Accountant/Office Manager at Link Hills Country Club
6 years at this Job
- Master of Accountancy - Accountancy
- BS in Accounting - Accounting
10. Bursar Resume
Manage, on a University-wide basis, all student tuition accounts (Accounts Receivable).
• Primary responsibility for University billing, collection, and payment processing efforts for tuition and fees.
• Responsible for all legal issues related to collections activity, including interaction with the University's General Counsel as well as outside Collection Agencies and Attorneys.
• Provide leadership and vision for technological advancement to meet operational needs and to ensure best business practices.
• Primary liaison with Academic Community, Registrar's Office, Financial Aid and the Controller's Office.
• Supervise directly and indirectly all Billing/Collection Department staff, including all student employees.
• Develop accounts receivable reports in order to monitor and evaluate department performance.
• Acting as University Data Steward - responsible for the accuracy, security and integrity of data within my respective area.
- Bursar at Lincoln University, Lincoln University, PA
- Bursar at Saint Joseph's University
- Expert Global Solutions Company at NCO Group, Inc
- Regional Director of Reimbursement at PHARMERICA
6 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration