Business Architect, University of Kansas Health System, Mission, Kansas Plan, integrate, and translate operational guidance and strategy from Enterprise leadership into tactical directives within business elements to achieve desired results. - Specialized in business service/ capability design, management, and alignment to Enterprise and Departmental strategy. Key Achievements
• Developed and published over 50+ deliverables for strategic partners across the Enterprise
• In 12 months, designed and implemented an enterprise level Continuous Delivery capability
• Mentored leaders to define, organize, and continuously improve capabilities/services
• Designed and integrated Architecture services and deliverables into enterprise strategy and planning initiatives
Business Architect, University of Kansas Health System, Mission, Kansas
Plan, integrate, and translate operational guidance and strategy from Enterprise leadership into tactical directives within business elements to achieve desired results.
- Specialized in business service/ capability design, management, and alignment to Enterprise and Departmental strategy.
- Business Architect at Univerisity of Kansas Health System
- Logistics Operations Manager at Geiger Ready Mix
- Logistics Operations Manager and Executive Director at US Army
- Training Project Manager at Booz Allen Hamilton
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Enterprise Architecture
- Master's - Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- B.A. - History
• Playing a major role as a PEGA Business Architect in leading and assisting to identify and optimally define process flows, user stories and requirements.
• Conducted JAD sessions with various stakeholders, and tracked leads to elaborate on the developed requirements, discuss, and resolve open issues Environment: PRPC 7.1.8 (BPM Tool), Confluence, Rally
- Lead Pega Business Architect at Health Net Inc
- Lead Pega Business Architect at Health Net Inc
- Lead Pega Business Architect at Health Net Inc
- Lead Pega Business Architect at Wellpoint Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
Global Digital Billing and Payments Serve as the Business Architect for a Fortune 75 company tasked with defining and executing new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and deliver a digital global payments network that enables rapid innovation and generate millions in revenue. Collaborate with all business units across the organization to create and implement global enterprise solutions and business capabilities in support of the business strategy. Engage and assist global business teams, product leaders, engineering, and other applicable groups, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with business and technology leaders to drive performance and continually meet and exceed organizational goals.
• Conceptualize, develop, and implement a new enterprise billing solution and global pricing structure; including research, vendor selection, POC creation, and a Universal Payment Gateway; moving Chubb from manual checks to ACH resulting in an immediate $10M savings.
• Create and define a next-generation B2B and B2C payment strategy leveraging a modernized network; develop and manage new payment product designs, specifications, transaction flows, and performance criteria.
• Develop and present compelling executive-level presentations conveying the strategy, business case, and recommendations across key stakeholders within Product, Digital, Technology, and Compliance.
• Foster strong relationships with business and technology leaders to drive cohesive solutions; demonstrate expertise in executive communications and stakeholder management including ability to convey complex topics and translate between business and IT stakeholders.
• Work across various LOBs including Consumer, Small Business, Wealth, and Commercial to define and deliver on the Enterprise Payments Strategy.
- Enterprise Business Architect at CHUBB INSURANCE
- at SALESFORCE
- sales at SALESFORCE
- Director, Data & Digital Product Management Group at PENTON MEDIA
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), English
Cox Communications (Client)
• Led a team of 5 to create a brand new Pega Mobility application
• Performed stockholder analysis to help identify my business analysis approach
• Analyzed 'As-Is' processes to define activities that could be automated using Pega
• Led requirement gathering intiatives for mobility project as the Lead Pega Business Architect
• Created Process Flows, Business Requirements and Wireframes using PRPC and VISIO in a DCO setting
• Created various field mapping documents using Excel functionality (V-Lookup) for development team understanding of matching fields
• Facilitated cyclical meetings with various business group stakeholders to document requirements, establish dependencies w/other systems, and agree on completion timelines
• Led demonstrations of new applicaton functionality to invested stakeholders while incorporating stakeholder feedback into a robust backlog
• Coordinated with various technical streams to discuss existing API functionality and discuss new API's that need to be created
• Led QA and UAT intitatives
• Created multiple test case scenarios for QA and UAT testing
• Acted as Product Owner to efficiently manage backlog content and worked with stakeholders to prioritize and categorize backlog items
- Sr. Pega Business Architect at Capgemini
- Lead Pega Business Architect at Cox Automotive
- Sr. Pega Business Architect at SEDGWICK CMS
- Business Development - SaaS Sales at Instart Logic
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
First and only IT Enterprise Business Architect at company; defined role, engagement model and multi-year
• Designed and delivered workshops to teach business unit and functional leadership teams to define and measure business capabilities, rating current capabilities versus capabilities needed to support strategy.
• Led IT architect team in rating applications on different levels tied to capabilities, uncovering duplications and opportunities for system retirement to be added to each architect's roadmaps. Generated heat maps to quantify application risk, both operational and strategic, presented to CEO team.
• Owned 5-year IT Strategy with Gartner Group, led sessions with executives, owned management and presentations of strategy including a ground-breaking Virtual Reality experience presented to CEO team. VR used to provide ability to see commonalities across Business and Functional units by strategy, business capabilities, and rated applications.
• Implemented MEGA Application Portfolio Management System from vendor selection through contract, design, training of architects and business owners and roll-out. Process for architects to store and update application capabilities, risks, known costs and capabilities data for their individual portfolios. Partnership with CIO and Finance groups for future automation with Apptio IT costs per application and ServiceNow IT Service Management to create a richer view of true business application costs.
• Worked with Office of the CIO to create physical space in Innovation Lab to allow guests to experience the customer, agent and claims current-state and future-state realities. Used to educated internal and vendor stakeholders from executives to front line.
• Facilitated various multi-day workshops, both remote and onsite, with IT teams, business units and suppliers for solution architecting and IT issue resolution.
• Automated process to manage global IT Supplier Management processes for 80 vendors; removing all manual activities and 7 days from the vendor project onboarding process. All resources diverted to higher-value activities.
- Enterprise Business Architect at FARMERS INSURANCE GROUP
- Business Model Development Coach at INTUIT
- Principal Business Analyst- Finance Operations at INTUIT
- at INTUIT
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics, Latin
- D.F. - México
The Key Bridge Solutions LLC is a small, self-owned company that serves a wide variety of commercial and government clients. As a senior Enterprise & Business Architect, I provide consulting services to various clients including Veterans Affairs, Meliã Hotels International (Spain), Delaware North, & Mangalis Hotel Group (Spain). Veterans' Health Administration: As a senior member of VHA Business Architect (BA) group, I provided consulting & architecture services to internal and external BA groups. Some key highlights are as follows: Melia Hotel International: Performed assessment for the current on-property architecture to support securely accepting payments within the clients' hotels, and developed a Target Architecture that when implemented would reduce the risk of payment information loss, better protect the guests, and reduce the on-going costs associated with meeting the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). Performed market assessment for the Payment Gateway solutions to meet clients' global credit card requirements and provided detailed assessment documentation including a short-list of recommended products. Created a target architecture designed to minimize the cost of making major systems changes based on the desired business direction of the company. Used TOGAF Architecture Development Methodology (ADM) for analysis to achieve the following: Delaware North and Mangalis Hotel Group:
• Supported the implementation of Troux, and Unicom System Architect modelling tools
• Maintained a catalog of Business & Information Architecture repository and complex data mappings in Troux, Unicom System Architect (SA) and Rational Software Architect (RSA)
• Managed the Planning and Integration Architecture group to deliver a set of integrated architecture tooling environment and change management mechanism to solve a complex cross-team artifact maintenance problem
• Collaborated with other internal BA units, so as to support tooling environment and various BA artifacts that were consumed by internal and external groups/federal agencies
• Developed comprehensive set of analytical views and dashboards in Tableau including integrated mashup of business process and information models from RSA and BA content from SA
• Designed a new BA artifact, including process, to generate BA Landscape report during pre-concept/concept phase of a project
• For the Business and Information Architecture, developed a new BA artifact that captured "as-is" and "to-be" architecture for strategic initiatives. This new architecture artifact was developed using architecture development methodologies extracted from various industry leading EA frameworks such as TOGAD, DoDAF, and VAAF
• Captured the current state architecture, assessed the changes and recommended target architecture for all systems impacted by planned changes including Reservations, Customer Profile, Loyalty, Property Management, and Point of Sales systems
• Performed risk assessment, gap and overlap analysis and created detailed architecture documents and summary presentations
• Provided the customer with an understanding of the cost impact of architecture choices on development, deployment and operations of existing and new systems
• Provided a framework for coordinating between teams and stakeholders making IT architecture decisions
• Assisted in capturing business and functional requirements for new capabilities being explored
• Assisted clients in the technology evaluation and selection of various software solution and created a scoring mechanism for comparative analysis purpose
• Provided security assessment of a new Property Management System (PMS) deployment
The Key Bridge Solutions LLC is a small, self-owned company that serves a wide variety of commercial and government clients.
As a senior Enterprise & Business Architect, I provide consulting services to various clients including Veterans Affairs, Meliã Hotels International (Spain), Delaware North, & Mangalis Hotel Group (Spain).
Veterans' Health Administration:
As a senior member of VHA Business Architect (BA) group, I provided consulting & architecture services to internal and external BA groups. Some key highlights are as follows:
Melia Hotel International:
Performed assessment for the current on-property architecture to support securely accepting payments within the clients' hotels, and developed a Target Architecture that when implemented would reduce the risk of payment information loss, better protect the guests, and reduce the on-going costs associated with meeting the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS).
Performed market assessment for the Payment Gateway solutions to meet clients' global credit card requirements and provided detailed assessment documentation including a short-list of recommended products.
Created a target architecture designed to minimize the cost of making major systems changes based on the desired business direction of the company. Used TOGAF Architecture Development Methodology (ADM) for analysis to achieve the following:
Delaware North and Mangalis Hotel Group:
- Enterprise and Business Architect at Key Bridge Solutions LLC
- Enterprise Architect at PCAOB
- Enterprise Architect at Fannie Mae
- Enterprise and Technical Architect at Marriott International
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Information Systems
• Advised companies in the use of the Mega HOPEX tool and associated methodologies for Application Portfolio Management (ITPM), Business Process Modeling (BPMN), Business Architecture, Capability Modeling, IT Strategy Planning and ArchiMate 3.0. Companies supported included Chevron, KBR, Ford, Biogen and Farmers Insurance.
• September 2017 - February 2018, six month project to support an albabet implementation at Wells Fargo.
• March 2018, returned to Farmers to continue support of their application rationalization project and Mega implementation.
- Business Architect at Mega North America Inc / Farmers Insurance
- Business Systems Analyst at First Republic Bank
- Business Architect at Casewise Inc
- Business Systems Consultant at Bank of the West
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- B. Sc. (Hons. - Ergonomics & Systems Engineering
- Diploma - Project Management
• Initiated the use of IBM Blueworks Live to supplant MS-Office for modeling all business processes throughout the servicing division of a $750 million loan servicing client.
• Developed all standards for blueprinting, process applications, change control, training documentation, and user stories.
• Trained 20 business architects on Blueworks Live to provide uniform business architecture deliverables utilized for training, analytics for Leadership, and user stories for software development and integration.
• Lead a team of 5 tasked with revamping a Non-Performing/Re-Performing Loan process resulting in the business partner providing all development funding and saved the client $5 million.
• Developed Python code to extract process milestone and activity measurements to report on head counts, costs, cycle & wait times.
• Pioneered exporting processes from Blueworks Live and importing into IBM BPM to cut development times
• Developed Python code to extract Process App work and task data to report on user acceptance of process artifacts Highpoint Solutions East Norriton, PA Business Architect/Project Manager
• Managed order management system and Model N integration projects; create budget, forecast, and project requirements, delivering comprehensive information to key stakeholders regarding project status, milestones, and critical updates.
• Defined technical strategy to outline and schedule project goals and deliverables, including budget estimates and controls.
• Developed and implemented standardized testing templates and plans while building testing architecture for integration projects. Select Projects
• Trained business process team to effectively leverage IBM/Blueworks Live. Created training materials for consultant to effectively model terms and define business requirements.
• Increased firm presence tenfold during two-year assignment as Lead Consultant by convincing the client that the firm had the best toolset, architectural philosophy, and Leadership to extract, document and define the current & future state processes to inform User Acceptance Testing.
• Stryker: Built and managed 4-member team of business process analysts and software testers to support software implementation for Stryker's Instruments & Craniomaxillofacial Divisions; developed distributor process for holistic integration. ◦ Contributed to 200% reduction in errors by introducing business process modeling to unite multiple functional areas under cohesive process that facilitated detailed functional tests; executed change management activities for three-phased user acceptance testing approach.
• ICU: Created framework and project plan to conduct performance testing for multinational cloud-based software implementation. Established testing approach to ensure functionality and requirement adherence.
• Shire: Introduced IBM Blueworks Live Business Process Modeling to six-member team. Defined rebating programs and created Microsoft Project sub-project to plan functional/technical tasks, dependencies, and resources for Phase II of implementation.
• AstraZeneca: Led meeting to assess requirements and reporting needs for implementation project; created reporting matrix deliverable linked to master requirements traceability matrix.
- Lead Business Architect/Process Analytics Developer/Trainer at Mr. Cooper
- Business Process Architect/Project Manager (Contract) at AbbVie
- Business Process Architect/Project Manager (Contract) at Baxter Healthcare
- Business Process Architect/Project Manager (Contract) at EmeriCon
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information & Decision Sciences
while Designing/Developing more than half a dozen Projects. Some applications like EDW-GL-ABOR (Accounting books of Records), EDW-Position-IBOR (Investment book of records) are being heavily used across Fortress and its subsidiaries.
➢ As Business Architect, played a leadership role in influencing and negotiating with broad range of stakeholders firm wide from Credit Shared Services, Liquid Shared Services, Private Equity Shared Services of Alternative Investments and Fixed Income of Traditional Investments, front to Back office which includes , Portfolio managers, Controllers, Global head of Operations, Accountants, Chief Risk Officer in creating organizational vision, presenting strategic architectures, Business Policies, roadmaps and creating business case for getting sponsorship.
➢ Worked with Non-Agency (CMO and MBS) Trading Desk and built applications like cashflow modeling using Intex to support Pre-Trading process.
➢ Have huge expertise in designing Business process, Data Design, Application Design, System Integration, Service Design, Architecture Principle and Solutions Modelling for Buy side firm including Alternative and Traditional Asset Management.
➢ Showcased top level capabilities to manage Data and Information Assets taking into reference Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Life cycle management, Data security, BI, Datawarehouse, Data Integration/ETL, Master Data Management MDM, Enterprise data Model, Content Management and Data infrastructure management.
➢ Broad software development process expertise with demonstrated experience in requirement analysis, solution architecture, configuration management, and quality assurance. Broad technical knowledge in the areas of cloud computing, networking, security, application modernization, and data center with demonstrated in-depth knowledge.
➢ Demonstrated experience in a significant senior technical leadership position such as a chief engineer, chief technology architect. Large technical project experience involving high-dollar-value technical projects above $10 million USD, with delivery and performance periods exceeding two years.
➢ Participation in all phases of software development life cycle, including analysis, design, coding and testing
➢ As a Team Lead have experience in managing teams both onsite and offshore.
➢ EDW Position: IBOR (Investment Book of Records) Budget: $2M/Year Team Size 10: Delivery of accurate intraday position data to portfolio managers - in a more reliable, controlled, and efficient way than common custom solutions. IBOR helps portfolio managers in decision making process in a timely manner and support functions such as portfolio analysis and construction, including unconfirmed transactions and projected movements of cash and investments. IBOR Implementation: Logan Circle Partners, New Residential Investments Logan Circle Partners (40B AUM)
• Core Architect to design and develop all the moving parts such as ETL, Databases, Multidimensional cubes, MS-Excel Plugin, Middleware Report Service, Scheduler, Admin Website, Various Infrastructural services and SOA layer for IBOR Application.
• Designed the application in such a way that business have a generic way of analyzing multi Strategy position data. Strategies such as High-Yield, Core Plus, Long Credit, Multi Sector etc.
• As Data Integration Specialist written many cron SFTP jobs, C# CLR and developed many ETL Procedures to bring in different Data Sets from Market Data Vendors such as BlackRock Aladdin, FACTSET for Cash inflows and Outflows.
• Developed C# vstor/Excel-DNA Excel-Addin and WPF/Win Forms for Client Interface.
• Designed and Developed MDX-Builder at Middleware Reporting Engine to generate dynamic MDX queries based on interpretation from frontend.
• Designed and Developed the API Layer (Common Business Services) using C# WCF REST.
• Designed and Developed WPF-XBAP Silverlite Admin and Schedular Websites and then migrated to HTML5.
• Designed and Developed the multi-threaded Task/Report Engines by avoiding common pitfalls when writing concurrent applications.
• Designed and Developed Data Contracts, XML Schema, JSON at Transportation Layer and respective serializers and De-serializers.
• Designed and Developed the Enterprise Caching Application Block for Memoization using Enterprise Practices Library. New Residential REIT
• Designed and Developed MBS/CMO analyzer application: Stress scenarios using Monte Carlo simulation of prepayment risk, default risk and interest rate risk for a pool of MBS/CMO to make pricing and trading decisions using C#, Intex automation and Monte-Carlo simulations.
• Worked with various parts of the trading desk on projects to improve analytics, risk, cash flow modeling and data quality controls for RMBS, Whole Loans (NPL/RPL), MSRs, Reverse Mortgages and Consumer Loans.
• Built an analytic framework for pricing and risk analysis of non-agency RMBS based on the Intex API. Created tools for pre-trade analysis and end-of-day portfolio risk reports.
• Developed methods for modeling Callable MBS arbitrage strategy for a large portfolio of clean-up calls by generating custom Intex CDI files to simulate and price the collapse and re-securitization of MBS deals.
• Enhanced and helped to build and maintain in-house cash flow models using C# QuantLib API for MSR, NPL and Consumer Loan portfolios.
• Helped Users to automate their Footnotes Building for their 10Q/10K Process.
➢ EDW GL ABOR (Accounting Book of Records) Budget: $1.5M/Year Team Size 10: is the investment book that supports the back-office operations and is typically the official book of record which will be the basis for financial statements The ABOR supports back-office business functions such as daily NAVs and other unit valuations, regulatory reporting, fund administration, transfer agency, and custodial services. Used by entire Fortress and its subsidiaries (Permanent Capital Vehicles, Leverage Buyouts, Venture Capital vehicles). Receive accounting & financial data that is tagged for certain categories: Account, Legal Entity, Function, Location, Application organizes, stores, and aggregates the data as you need it. Extract data directly into your existing Excel reports: Expenses by location, Revenue by Cost Center, Total Assets by Legal Entity. ABOR Implementation: Fortress Corporate, FTAI, NRZ, Drive Shack, SNR, Fortress PE, Fortress Credit etc.
• Core Architect to design and develop all the moving parts such as ETL, Databases, Multidimensional cubes, MS-Excel Plugin, Middleware Report Service, Scheduler, Admin Website, Various Infrastructural services and SOA layer for ABOR Application.
• Designed and Developed C# Calculation Engine which can evaluate the expression at the runtime, using this user can execute functions like Sum Products, Group-By Aggregations, Time-Series functions like XIRR etc.
• Implemented Revenue Model Simulating Hedge Fund 2/20 (2% Management fee and 20% Incentive Income) Model across all the funds using C#.
• Implemented Expense Allocation Models (G&A Accounts, Operating Expenses and Shared Services Allocations) based on Headcount and time% people worked using C#, C#-CLR stored Procedures.
• Played a key role in reference architecture for the Data domain i.e. Data infrastructure management, Content Management, Enterprise data model, MDM, Data governance, Data quality and life cycle management.
➢ Logan Circle Partners spinoff to MetLife:
• Played a key role in making it happen with the smooth transition of EDW-LCP IBOR application to MetLife.
• Performed different Cloud assessment steps like Financial assessment: TOC (Total cost of Ownership) Calculation, Compliance, security and technical assessment, identifying tools that can be re-used and the once that need to be procured, Creating migration plans and measure success through metrics.
• Proof of Concept: Built pilots and validate the technology solutions
• Moving Data: Understanding different storage options in the cloud, Migrating fileservers, RDBMS and OLAP.
• Moving Apps: implemented different Forklift and hybrid migration Strategy.
➢ Artificial Intelligence:
• Predicting real estate housing prices and Predicting borrower defaults in Mortgage servicing rights, Forecast revenue projections for new restaurants.
- Business Architect, Solution Architect and Technical Architect at Fortress Investment Group
- Project Lead at XL at XL Capital
- Agent bank at UBS
- at Architected Datawarehouse for Financial
8 years at this Job
Enteprise Holdings August 2014 - PRESENT Responsible for managing a team of 7 people working on 2 mobile and 3 web applications for 3 brands with a combined revenue over $3.8 billion dollars. Accomplishments include: a paired-comparison methodology in order to define a multi-year strategic roadmap developers in delivering on the client's multi-year strategic roadmap United States Air Force January 2014 to August 2014 Responsible for managing a minor and major release from requirements gathering to delivery. Accomplishments include: CDRL system Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines January 2013 to March 2013 Responsible for managing a team of two analysts to ensure that all functional definition was sufficient to successfully design and develop a Web application for one of the world's largest cruise line operators. Accomplishments include: middle-tier development activities including handing-off over 1,100 functional requirements to developers
● Leading a team of 11 business analysts supporting 3 web platforms, 2 mobile applications, and 3 brands
● Identified opportunities to create efficiencies across a large program and within projects by utilizing, standardizing, and creating best-in-class processes and templates
● Identified business analyst staffing needs in order to support waxing-and-waning development efforts based on a yearly sales cycle and the client's vision
● Partnered with Experience Strategy and Design discipline to ensure the product vision and main business strategy was and aligned with user-centered design principles.
● Defined a capability maturity model as part of the initial strategy phase for the Enterprise.com web platform
● Facilitated a 4-hour prioritization exercise with senior marketing executives to review 450 pair combinations using
● Facilitated multiple business rules elicitation sessions for several lines of business across 7 geographies
● Partnered with business stakeholders to understand vision, wrote user stories and acceptance criteria to guide
● Worked very closely with client Product Managers to regularly groom and prioritize Product Backlog setting the priorities for a large development team
● Lead Sprint Planning sessions on a bi-weekly basis acting as the main source of product knowledge
● Created Web Analytics System requirements based on existing Development Requests working within the USAF's
● Developed and managed the Quality Assurance Testing schedule, plan, and scripts for two different releases which included testing page and modal tagging in addition to custom broken-link checking capabilities
● Provided business analyst support during development and acted as the project manager for all phases from project initiation to delivery
● Established a framework to document the necessary level of requirements and logic needed for the UI and Java
● Facilitated client workshops including 10 business rule elicitation sessions with various stakeholder groups
August 2014 - PRESENT
Responsible for managing a team of 7 people working on 2 mobile and 3 web applications for 3 brands with a combined revenue over $3.8 billion dollars. Accomplishments include:
a paired-comparison methodology in order to define a multi-year strategic roadmap
developers in delivering on the client's multi-year strategic roadmap
United States Air Force
January 2014 to August 2014
Responsible for managing a minor and major release from requirements gathering to delivery. Accomplishments include:
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
January 2013 to March 2013
Responsible for managing a team of two analysts to ensure that all functional definition was sufficient to successfully design and develop a Web application for one of the world's largest cruise line operators. Accomplishments include:
middle-tier development activities including handing-off over 1,100 functional requirements to developers
- Business Architect at Isobar, US
- Senior Consultant at Centric Consulting, LLC
- Senior Associate at PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Business Process and Requirements Analyst at Mercer Consulting, LLC
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts