• Organized and led workshops and initiatives around modernizing integral database tables, conducting stakeholder analysis and interviews to ensure a smooth transition to modernized systems
• Utilized ARIS to develop conceptual business architecture artifacts such as business discovery maps, business process models, and other data models to drive strategic efforts and change
• Interviewed subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather requirements and document details for current-state and future-state change management processes
• Developed and maintained program level roadmap for the core modernization project to encompass all future work, updating as new dependencies are identified
• Assisted in an architecture driven modernization effort by leading the adoption of The Open Group’s Archimate Modeling Standard with various agile release trains, facilitating working sessions to drive continuity in model creation
• Cofounder of Dallas Fort-Worth Business Architect Network, a group that allows for business architects to represent their companies and share best practices, network, and develop their own personal skills
- Business Architect at BNSF Railway
- Information Management Business Analyst Intern at CHRISTUS Health
- Supply Chain Management Logistics Intern at CHRISTUS Health
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology and Systems
United States Census Bureau Lead Business Architect on the Census project. I lead a team that supports several developments teams (20+ developers) performing construction on the same product backlog. The Pega 7.2 application uses Pega Survey on a mobile device and must be completely operable a disconnected state. * Lead DCO, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Product Backlog grooming sessions. * Identify Epics in existing and proposed business processes. * Elaborate requirements into implementable User Stories. * Create User Stories in Pega Project Management Framework (PMF) with supporting documentation (process flows, data matrices, and UI Mock Ups). * Map Epics to User Stories in PMF. * Coach business architects and Scrum Masters on Scrum methodology and Pega best practices. * Influence Product Owner/Client to implement requirements using Pega 7 vanilla solutions. * Attend UX training sessions and apply best practices to UI Mock Ups. * Provide traceability from requirements to user stories/specifications. * Forecast and manage deliverables as per contractual agreements. * Present and demo developed application to key stakeholders, branch chiefs, and senior client leadership. * Support the creation of potential new work streams by white boarding existing processes and identifying opportunities for Pega automation. * Import user stories as specifications into PRPC. 1|Page
- Lead Business Architect at Software Premier, LLC
- Lead Business Architect at Health Care Payer Firm
- Lead Business Architect at Pegasystems
- Senior Business System Analyst at PricewaterhouseCoopers
9 months at this Job
USA CLIENT: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, LA, US 10/2018 - Present
ROLE: Enterprise Business Architect
Worked as an Enterprise Business Architect analyzing enterprise level impacts on ideas and demands submitted by senior management team and prepared business architecture for impacts at an enterprise level. Documented Business Capabilities; Value Streams; Processes that are impacted for each idea and prepared Architecture Blue Prints for the Baseline and Target State Business Architecture. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provided strategic consultation to assigned line-of-business (LOB) or assigned functional area(s) of business in defining or designing business capabilities and processes, functions and organizational structures.
• Participated in divisional enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
• Acted as an advocate for business needs while in parallel providing ongoing feedback on developments and initiatives within IT
• Communicated IT SLA metrics to respective areas of assigned business functions.
• Collaborated, facilitated and consulted with business stakeholders of the areas of responsibility in planning, business case development and proposal of business initiatives in alignment with desired business capabilities.
• Worked with other peer business architects and EA architects to identify shared capabilities and processes and opportunities to create efficiencies across the enterprise and facilitate development of cross-functional solutions
• Provided consultation to business analysts on an ongoing basis in communicating divisional capability plans
• At the project execution level, collaborated extensively with Business Analysts to ensure a tight alignment between the business capabilities and high-level use case scenarios identified in the Solution Blueprint document and corresponding detailed requirements identified in the Business Requirements Document (BRD) that support them.
• Participated in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.
• Collaborated with the enterprise program & project management office on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits regarding areas of responsibility.
• Explored ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes; research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned LOB or assigned functional area(s) of business customers.
• Assessed near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
• Collaborated with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform LOB customer management of progress; conversely, keep IT's technology and service managers aware of key LOB customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
• Developed, motivated and directed staff to create a team environment, and enable staff to fulfill the LOB customer operating objectives. MY DELIVERABLES: Business Architecture Blue print; Capability Mapping; Value Stream Mapping; Business Process Flow Diagrams; Business Need Analysis Document; Data Requirements Specifications; User Interface Specifications; Gap Analysis; Prototypes; Storyboarding; User Interface Screen Flow Diagram; Business Rule Definitions. DELIVERABLES CONTRIBUTED TO: Non-Functional Requirements Specification; Logical Data Model; Business Need Analysis Document; Work Breakdown Structure; Test Data Sheet; Test Plan; Test Scripts; Test Strategy; Test Results Summary; Information Architecture; Project Deliverables List; Risk Register; Implementation Plan/Checkout activities; Design Specifications; Technical Requirement Specifications; SSO Specifications.
- Enterprise Business Architect at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Lead Business Analyst at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Business Analyst Lead/ Senior Corporate Business Analyst at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Lead Business Analyst & Scrum Master at Aetna Inc
5 months at this Job
- Master's - Master of Business Administration- MBA
- Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Extensive experience in all phases of SDLC
Experience in Insurance, Manufacturing
Government, Telecommunications, Financial
Services, and HealthCare Industries
Facilitating SAFe efforts & Risk Assessment
TEKsystems - Business Architect / Project Manager Bloomington, IL 6/17-Present
• Managing Agribusiness Underwriting effort for new business and conversion Policy Administration System implementation through product vision definition, project charter, and scope development
• Creating executive stakeholders and communication plans for SAFe development efforts
• Developing project plan in MS Project, project timeline in MS Excel, and milestones documentation
• Facilitated decision process for AAIS vendor and product selection of bureau program
• Conducting multi LOB product definition & timeline recommendation for all SAFe Product Managers
• Managing DRIVE Portfolio Program to identify prioritizations using Business Intelligence Tableau dashboards and ranking criteria factors
• Capturing resource allocation in MS Excel by functional area and role across multiple LOBs by comparing individual LOB plans using defined tasks and activities to determine overlaps in work deliverables and team member assignments
• Submitting budget business case to ensure ITS development is approved for upcoming implementation
• Defining risk analysis assessment and impact through creation of a MS Excel RAID log with formulas and macros to score priority and severity
• Facilitating bi-weekly Portfolio Steering Committee meeting with Executive VP, LOB VPs & Directors, and LOB Product Managers to review outstanding risks, portfolio health, project baselines, resource utilization, and budgetary plans
• Managing RAID log to capture and drive resolution for risk management, outstanding action items, identified issues, and determination of decisions
- Business Architect / Project Manager at TEKsystems
- President at Hilt Enterprises
- Senior Business Architect at STA Group, LLC
- President at Alexander Enterprises
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Engineering
Responsible, Energetic, Passionate, Cross functional biz domain expert, Analytical, Diligent, cooperative, Hard-working, and proven in the industry and at Cisco. EXPERIENCE: I have been working in the industry at various roles for over 16 years, with a specific focus on NPI, SW Licensing Management, Product Life Cycle Management, Costing, Sourcing, SC Finance service areas. Currently leading Digitization to Orchestration and Blockchain initiatives that transform business and create new opportunities for organizaiton. My previous transformation lead/Architect positions have afforded me the opportunity to organize and develop the entire solutions process from start to finish. My experience in cross functional service areas, knowledge in Cisco Supply Chain Services Framework and Business Processes, and visionary and holistic approach to the problem allows me to identify gaps and define business architecture to enable Cisco’s supply chain strategic initiatives. Strengths: I bring excellent data analytical skill, biz domain knowledge to perform cause and effect analysis to spot patterns and identify process gaps. I have ability to translate the business strategy to business goals, business goals to capability road map, capability road map to deliverable scope or projects. Excellent communication skills, ability to partner with cross functional teams allows me to serve as a liaison between Business Operations and IT to launch capabilities that are aligned with business strategy and goals. With a Master's Degree in Business and 16 years of proven Business Architect experience, and my extensive business process knowledge can offer the visionary and innovative approach needed in the role.
- Business Architect, SCT at Cisco Systems
- Cisco Blockchain Experimentation, Product Owner, Jan at Cisco Systems
- Bsiness Architect, Consultant SCT at Cisco Systems
- PLM Architect, Consultant, PLM at Cisco Systems
1 year, 9 months at this Job
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Managed the transition of agency technology modernization. Provided Strategic direction for Gennie Mae EA Program Offices Business needs.
• Conducted analyses of Business Architecture Models currently documented by the department and provided recommendations for inclusion in the target architecture using the principles from FEAF and DODAF.
• Created communications Strategy for stakeholders buy-in on value and benefits of Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management and CPIC and Configuration Management.
• Carried on assessment, review and audit the EA environment for existing tools and documents related to the information gathered in support of EA. The task involved review of the current state of the Business Enterprise Architecture and Technical architectures that provide the "authoritative source" of the data, including how the data is gathered, captured, and stored within different systems.
• Provided presentations and on-going communications to agency's stakeholders.
• Reviewed the existing documentation of the IT processes related to the EA like System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management Office (PMO), Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Configuration Management (CM), Portfolio Management (PPM) and the Governance structure(s) associated with these processes.
• Based on key stakeholder interviews, surveys, and work sessions, developed a list of high-level requirements for the EA tool set and processes.
• Identified risks, dependencies across multiple teams.
- Business Architect at 22nd century technologies
- Business Analyst at IPN Medical Inc
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Information Systems - Information Systems
- Master of Human Resources - Human Resources
Link corporate strategies to IT initiatives to deliver current and future business imperatives in an efficient, sustainable, agile manner. Provide business architecture support and methodologies to delivery teams.
• Partnered with IT delivery and technical architecture teams to assess current capabilities and future needs for CIO review process, informing IT strategies
• Facilitated (PM/BA/PO roles) the design phase of UI redesign for e-commerce platform, to drive adoption and improve customer experience
• Lead POC initiative to explore capability potential for automated testing, preventing spend of approximately $200k annually for 3rd party vendor
- Business Architect at Syngenta
- Business Process Consultant, North America Commercial Functions at Syngenta
- Lead Business Architect, Enterprise Strategy at Target Corporation
- Business Development Consultant at Target Corporation
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Strategic Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance and Marketing
As a Principal Business Architect, I worked with clients including Amazon, CISCO and Hewlett Packard Enterprises to apply business experimentation processes and approaches to core business problems, including information security. Key Accomplishments: - Led a mapping project across 110+ businesses at Amazon, including Robotics, Kindle, Alexa, etc. - Designed and launched 7 behavioral security experiments at across Amazon CDO. - Built a de-centralized security program, bridging the needs of 150+ business clients.
- Principal Business Architect, Experimentation Team - Salesforce at EXPEREINCE
- Member, Board of Directors at EXPEREINCE
- Guest Lecturer at Big Ideas @ Berkeley
- Competition Judge at Big Ideas @ Berkeley
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Comparative Social Policy
- B.A. - Political Science and Rhetoric
Documented high-level business solutions for a wide variety of solution requests across the enterprise, including process workflows, project scope, impacts, risks, dependencies, value, background, and target dates. Managed team procedures, templates, job aids, and knowledge repository. Provided support to a large-scale corporate development program, including managing development change requests and supporting business architecture efforts within the program.
- Business Architect at Blue Cross Blue Shield NC
- Tools Developer and Software Reuse Technical Lead at Nortel
- at Bank of America
- Lead Business Analyst (at Syngenta) at Consultis
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- M.S. - Computer Science
- B.A. - Computer Science
Assisted in the implementation of Sales Force case management for call center use. Developed roadmap for dashboards and reporting to improve management insights and 360 view of customer to streamline customer experience. Drove user adoption by developing actionable reporting and practicable change management communications. Established process to capture user feedback and coordinated with product owners for continual improvement. Secretary of enterprise community practice of business architects, developed and promoted architectural standards.
- Business Architect at PNC Financial Services Group
- Business Architect at Northern Trust Corp.
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Operations Management
- BS - Industrial Engineering