Providing support to Capital Finance and Wholesale Banking Technology Business Continuity Planning and Business Continuity Administration and Management. Obtained Wells Fargo BCA and BCM Certification. Review RTO and RPO and Risk Assessment. Planed, facilitated and participated numerous standalone and integrated business and technology simulations and walkthrough exercises. Provide documents to senior management and work with stakeholder to resolve any compliance issue. Great experience with the Living Disaster Recovery Planning System (LDRPS) and Global Alert Link (ORS). Using documentum to revise BC Plans, Recovery Script (RST) and annual simulation credentials. Certification by the Wells Fargo BCP program. Interact with all levels of an organization and my technical backgroup inable me to interact with LOB, service providers and end users to address any BCP compliance issue.
- Business Continuity Manager at Wells Fargo Bank
- Information Security Specialist / IT Incident Response & BCDR Manager at Intel Corp
- at Intel Corp
- Information Security Specialist / BCDR Manager at Intel Corp
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Completed full Data Center Recovery simulations annually, including scenarios for both full data center destruction and Ransomeware recovery
• Product Owner for a 90-day data center recovery redesign that created an isolated network segment, VMWware virtualization and replication, and VMWare Orchestrator and Powershell scripting that allowed us to spin up a DR clone of our data center from scratch in under 4 hours, without disrupting production systems.
• Participated in a corporate-wide GLBA true-up, gathering GLBA details on 80 applications in two weeks, both at a global risk level and at a detail level.
• Created company-wide Incident Response Plans (and tested them) for: ◦ Full Alternate Data Center Disaster Response ◦ Business Impact Analyses (BIAs) ◦ Risk Analyses ◦ Business Continuity Incident Response Plans ◦ Crisis/Emergency Response Plans (including Tornados, Fires, etc) ◦ Public Relations Incident Response Plans ◦ Employee Awareness Training ◦ Pandemic Incident Response Plans ◦ Alternate Work Center Recovery Plans, and more.
• Oversaw Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity tabletops for Cyber Attacks and Cyber Threat Response
• Reported vulnerabilities in internal systems discovered during DR testing, leading to increased overall security
• Participated in incident response efforts Hurricane and Tornado events (including response to Puerto Rico offices during Hurricane Maria)
• Participated in and passed two Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Audits
• Led a robust three-month effort to document entire Disaster Recovery department in a new corporate standard, including not only Runbooks/Recovery procedures, but the policies, process, and procedures, work papers and templates, and became the first fully documented IT department under the new standard.
• Participated in IT Operations Incident Response and Risk Mitigation and to WannaCry, Spectre, Meltdown, and threatened attacks by Anonymous
• Completed annual DR testing for 116 critical applications and 9 critical vendors annually for 10 years, never missing a KPI
- IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Manager at Santander Consumer USA Inc
- at Santander Consumer USA Inc
- Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Coordinator at Santander Consumer USA Inc
- Technical Writer PMO at Santander Consumer USA Inc
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English, Creative Writing, Film
I contribute experience and leadership in all Business Continuity initiatives throughout the organization. As a professional with more than a decade experience in business continuity and risk management, I successfully implement Business Continuity initiatives utilizing a collaborative approach. I am successful at implementing enterprise-wide Incident Response Programs that establish a coordinated and centralized response throughout an enterprise. I am an effective collaborator that enjoys partnering with people across all business segments towards achieving common, often complex, goals. I leverage the power of people and quickly adapt to changing environments, business needs and methodologies to implement and successfully execute program initiatives that often require multiple "buy-ins" and commitments. While I am very proficient in all Business Continuity disciplines, which include Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Response and Pandemic planning, I am most skilled and experienced in managing people and processes - I am a people person! My strong communication and presentation skills, along with other intangible "soft skills" yield positive results within organizational environments! I work diligently within traditional platforms and personal networking relationships to align objectives, consolidate resources, motivate and build up people to execute with confidence and persistency towards successful outcomes. 4/2017 - Present Green Dot Corporation Pasadena, CA Business Continuity Manager Primary Business Continuity manager for the Green Dot fintech enterprise Business Continuity Program (BCP). Developed and enhanced the BCP framework that includes Incident Response, Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery, Business Resiliency, Emergency Action and Pandemic planning. Primary engagement manager for all Business Impact Assessments (BIA) with business leaders and subject matter experts throughout the organization. Primary lead and support coordinator for internal audits and regulatory examinations (FFIEC and FRB). BC Third-Party Risk Vendor Manager for vendor BC/DR contract assessments and ongoing due diligence. I coordinate with external partners for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery alignments and initiatives. Develop and maintain BC policies for board approval and implementation. Manage all BC testing, change management and After-Action Report (AAR) routines throughout the enterprise. I partner and coordinate with technology units in developing and maintaining the disaster recovery program. I lead quarterly BC/DR and Pandemic steering committee meetings with leadership partners and perform enterprise testing and administration for the (MIR3/Onsolve) emergency notification system.
- Business Continuity Manager at Green Dot Corporation
- Business Continuity Consultant, AVP at Operational Business Continuity
- at Bank of America
- Business Support Manager at Servicing Operations organization
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Business Continuity Manager at John Hancock
- Graduate Distance Education Facilitator at Boston University
- Business Continuity Consultant at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Emergency Medical Technician - Basic at Eascare Ambulance
3 months at this Job
- AAS - Emergency Management
- MS - College Student Personnal Administration
- BA - American Studies
Business Continuity Manager for the Americas and APAC Directed the completion of Business Impact Assessments to identify essential business functions; conduct threats and vulnerabilities assessments to analyze corporate risks; implement mitigation strategies to reduce the impact or likelihood of identified risks. § Coordinate the implementation of technologies to document critical corporate functions, identify actions to be implemented in the event of a business interruption. § Inform staff about program objectives, outline their roles and responsibilities for assigned tasks and during a disaster. § Stay up to date with new or changing regulations, market solutions and trends that influence the direction of program objectives and goals. § Coordinated a group of business unit contacts that serve as subject matter experts within their respective area to raise awareness of the business continuity program. § Conduct Post Incident Review to identify positive outcomes and necessary improvements after and event.
- Business Continuity Manager for the Americas and APAC at Williams Lea Tag
- Risk and Compliance Specialist at Covestro, LLC
- Risk Project Manager - Wastewater Treatment Division at King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks
6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Business Administration - Project Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Textile Manufacturing - Textile Manufacturing
Managed the Business Continuity (BC) program for the company as well as the global Incident Response team. Managed direct reports located in the US, Costa Rica and India, through daily interactions, one-on-one meetings and annual and quarterly reviews including coaching and career planning.
• Led the implementation of the continuity plan through the unplanned disaster of hurricane Irma in 2017, resulting minimal down time surpassing the plan goals.
• Engaged the team in continuous process improvement exercises and managed the annual BC exercises and disaster recovery for all products.
• Managed the general Business Continuity program by maintaining global office and application BC plans; developing, exercising and maintaining the response, recovery and restoration plans; maintaining the accuracy of internal BC application tools; ensuring contractual compliance of BC best practices; and participating in tabletop exercises with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
• Created and presented weekly Incident Reports for the ELT.
• Trained the organization on BC processes best practices.
- Global Business Continuity Manager/ Manager Incident Response Team at SYNIVERSE TECHNOLOGIES
- at SYNIVERSE TECHNOLOGIES
- Sr. Applications Systems Engineer - Incident Management at SYNIVERSE TECHNOLOGIES
- Technology Manager at SYNIVERSE TECHNOLOGIES
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - B.A. Psychology
• Lead corporate wide contingency planning/business continuity efforts.
• Established a framework and methodology for commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results.
• Identified potential business continuity management exposure and ensured risks were accurately mitigated.
• Coordinated training, communication and testing of business unit/enterprise continuity plans.
• Designed and implemented business impact analysis tools and performance measurement standards.
• Guided and delivered effective business continuity strategies to support, in time of disaster, orderly restoration and recovery of the company's critical business functions.
• Knowledge and understanding of NIST and ANSI BCMS standards as well as business continuity software and emergency communication systems.
- Business Continuity Manager at Windstream (fka Earthlink)
- IT Compliance Manager, at Earthlink (fka One Communications)
- Records Retention Manager at One Communications
- Project Manager, RR Donnelly at Moore Wallace Industries
10 months at this Job
- CBCP - Business Continuity
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Leads a team to support the development of risk assessments, compliance documentation and training/policy related methods, procedures and content for implementation to over 70K employees within the Entertainment Group. Serves as liaison between Corporate Compliance team and business units to ensure compliance process meets the needs of the business and prepares reports summarizing analyses of compliance programs for leadership review. Ensures engagement from each of the reporting Executive Vice Presidents and their organizations to comply with any federal and internal compliance requirements for end-of-year attestations. Sr. Business Continuity Manager Supervised a team of Business Continuity Analysts in the development and maintenance of business continuity plans for the support of 400+ global call centers and 83K internal and external employees. Coordinated recovery strategies for utilization during events impacting the normal business operations. Worked with leadership to ensure Consumer organizations were fully prepared and able to respond to impacting events. Developed a series of business continuity training sessions for all Plan Stewards. Recent audit of business continuity plans reported less than 2% discrepancies for the organization. Develop performance goals for the team and manage annual compensation and completed performance reviews. Regional Business Continuity Manager Facilitate and provide leadership and continual direction to business continuity team and other teams to ensure successful implementation of enterprise-wide projects and programs. Coordinate recovery efforts with the Regional President and Crisis Management Team during work stoppages, mergers of store personnel and disaster events to ensure safety of employees and efficient recovery of assets and the restoration of the network. Events have included hurricanes, wildfires, power outages, winter storms, earthquakes, tsunami warnings, tornadoes and violence in the workplace. Create and execute regional exercises to ensure Regional Crisis Management Team is prepared for recovery operations as needed. Develop and execute policy for all Sales personnel to insure safety during events. Previous roles at AT&T in Enterprise Risk Management included developing formal business plans, projects, presentations and program reports for executive management and overall employee awareness of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Responsibilities also included the negotiation of financial, physical and human resources to support the projects and programs for switch locations and regional and national data centers in the event of an incident. Performed detailed assessments providing continuity overview of health, safety, environment and security issues for Data Centers, Mobile Switching Centers, Distribution Center, Call Centers and people-occupied facilities.
- Associate Director, Compliance and Business Continuity at AT&T
- Senior Program Manager, Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Planning at Loudcloud Inc
- Senior Consultant for Client Services at USA.NET at ORUS Information Services
- Senior Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Specialist, Enterprise Continuity & Recovery Planning at MCI WorldCom
17 years at this Job
- BA - Sociology
- BS - Journalism
• Established governance that formed a program to control business continuity for a global technology manufacturer.
• Conducted business impact analysis to reveal critical activities within existing processes.
• Created an operations center to manage supply chain disruptions that occurred around the world and domestically.
• Authored the company crisis management procedure and deployed communications systems across the enterprise.
• Provided current situational awareness to leadership and stakeholders that provided recognition of the all-hazard environment with analysis and actionable recommendations.
- Business Continuity Manager at Plexus Corp
- Senior Managing Associate / Project Manager at Hagerty Consulting
- Incident Management Assistance Team (IMAT) Planning Section Chief at FEMA
- Senior Emergency Management Planner - Independent Consultant at Presidential Inauguration National Special Security Event (NSSE) Consequence Management Plan
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Agriculture Business
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science
Falls Church, VA: April 2018 - Present
Representing NikSoft Systems as a contractor for the USPS - CISO Service Continuity team. The mission of the Service Continuity team is to ensure all identified High Value Services within CISO are able to function following a disaster or disruption.
Senior Business Continuity Specialist:
As a Senior Business Continuity Specialist my duties are to support the USPS Cybersecurity program. As a lead for the Preparedness Planning, Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Team, I am responsible for the development of CISO's capability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from any event that disrupts, or threatens to disrupt, normal operations. My duties to support the mission include:
• Implement the CERT Resilience Management Model to align with multiple industry standards inclusive of NIST, DRII, ISO.
• Developed the standard by which the USPS determines criticality of applications and recovery efforts.
• Provide coordination support to the CISO Continuity Coordinator in the management of crisis and serious incidents affecting the welfare of CISO's people and/or CISO's critical business operations.
• Develop and maintain Business Continuity Plans for all identified High Value Services.
• Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of product and department Business Continuity Plans, working with business owners to ensure these plans remain valid and fit for purpose.
• Conduct regular functional assessments with teams and business owners to quantify Business Continuity requirements and identify required Business Continuity Plans enhancements.
• Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of technology Disaster Recovery Plans for core infrastructure services, working with IT technicians and Infrastructure management to ensure these plans remain valid.
• Coordinate the emergency communications system used by CISO and ensure that all staff are appropriately covered by this system. Conduct regular testing to validate the effectiveness of this system.
• Work with functional partners to manage incidents that affect or may affect business operations.
• Promote awareness of Business Continuity policy, standards, plans, processes and arrangements.
- Senior Business Continuity Specialist at United States Postal Service - CISO
- Business Continuity Specialist at Common Securitization Solutions
- Principal at Computer Sciences Corporation
- BCP Manager/Business Development at Standfast Global, LLC
9 months at this Job
- BA - Economics