Reporting to the regional CFO and the SVP for the US Projects Division. Responsible for the financial oversight and control of a $200 million US Projects Division, consisting of three business units. Achievements: * Prepared and presented monthly financial reviews to Americas board of directors. * Standardized revenue and accruals reports allowing for clear visibility of key financial indicators. * Directed and provided guidance to the business unit vice presidents and their direct reports on their respective business unit financials. * Managed the month-end closing activities, including variance analysis (budget vs. actual), profit margin and product and customer profitability analysis.
- Business Controller at AGILITY LOGISTICS
- Controller at STOLT-NIELSEN LIMITED
- Division Controller at CEVA LOGISTICS
- USA Assistant Controller at CEVA LOGISTICS
3 months at this Job
- Master's - MBA
- Bachelor's - International Business & Management
• Manage financial planning and forecasting ($90+ million) on an annual to daily level to drive profitability.
• Maintain financial models and reporting to analyze data to make proactive problem-solving decisions.
• Develop store management knowledge on financial planning which improves efficiencies and service levels company wide.
• Manage P&L including payroll, salary budgets, travel and all expenses through partnership with district and store management.
• Develop district and store management knowledge on financial planning which improves efficiencies and service levels.
• Create and communicate financial and operational strategies to team. i.e. foresee a negative impact to business, create strategy through analysis to overcome situation.
• Responsible for continuous measurement, analysis and improvement of KPI's including conversion, ADS, pieces/receipts, reductions, damages and visitors.
• Forecast cost development and take proactive actions to maintain budget commitments.
• Managed and evaluated the garment delivery schedule per store to enable smooth garment flow in order to maximize selling.
• Work extensively with excel and IBM Cognos Analytics to analyze business and create reporting tools.
- Business Controller at H&M
- Operations Manager at Henri Bendel
- Operations Manager at Barneys New York
- Operations and Communications Coordinator at Intermix
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS) - Retail Management, Fashion Merchandising
A North American cutting tool manufacturer and distributor. Part of the SMS Group - Sandvik AB Group in Sweden.
Business Controller February 2002 - June 2018
Oversaw the accounting, tax, operational, banking, auditing, secretary-treasurer functions for all companies in US, Canada, and Mexico. In addition, maintained authority for managing and leading special projects, leading to increased sales and profitability. Improved the financial acumen of leaders at all levels. Led legal and risk management, including company-wide risk/mitigation plans.
• Managed general accounting, credit and collections, business risk and insurance, compliance, tax filings, internal controls, external and internal audits, transfer price studies, and international accounting issues with Mexico, Canada, and Europe.
• Established and maintained control of all Company assets by verifying the integrity of all systems, processes, and data to facilitate growth of the business. Drove value throughout the organization and facilitated business decisions by promoting value added work by all departments, especially accounting/Finance.
- Business Controller at SECO TOOLS, LLC
- Hired and served as Manager at ENKEI INTERNATIONAL, INC
- Manager of Accounting Operations at
16 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Management
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Responsible for controller functions in support of the Full Line Store and Kmart Operations
• Responsible for monthly close processes for Kmart and Full Line Stores
• Responsible for the income statement and balance sheets for Retail Services
• Assist in 10-K footnote disclosures
• Accounting liaison for senior management on strategic business decisions
• Liaison to external auditors on the store quarterly/annual audits, and interim analysis
• Communicate daily with stores and Store Operations to assist in financial literacy and financial issue resolution
- Manager, Business Controller Retail Services at SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- at SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- Manager, Business Controller Full Line Store Operations at SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- Manager at SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Duties and responsibilities Planning, controlling and making of reports concerning the Beauty business e.g. DMS data, T&E, Block costs, COM reports, PD reports. Cost monitoring Price determination of products before selling them to the market Price comparison of competitor products and making adjustments to our products accordingly Advising the marketers on proper marketing strategies Monitoring the market and advising accordingly Any other duties as requested by my supervisor Reconciliation of key Laundry distributor accounts Invoicing and invoice processing Sales and cost analysis Reconciled credit card accounts, analyzed GL accounts and prepared month-end closing entries, filed multi state sales tax reports, and produced multi departmental sales analysis and business metric reports. Month-end, year-end close, analysis and reconcilement of balance sheet accounts. Analysis of cost centers coImplemented procedures to streamline work flow between departments, and worked closely with Department Managers to ensure accuracy and timeliness.mpared to budget. Analyzed month-end financial statements and performed adjusting and correcting entries Reconciled balance sheet accounts and ensured account balances were supported with appropriate documentation Helped and took over extra duties/responsibilities during terminations and whenever help is needed in various departments Reconciled operating account on a monthly basis
- Assistant Business controller at HENKEL KENYA LTD
- at Moi University
- Financial Advisor at OLD MUTUAL
- Accountant at OURU POWER
2 years, 11 months at this Job
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
• Prepare, maintain, and follow budgets/ledgers for personnel operations. Reconciled banking accounts and maintain expense ledger using QuickBooks.
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
• Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
• Created LOI, MOU and Contracts as needed for business arrangements using software programs such as Form Swift.
• Gathered and Request all documentation need before and during due diligence processes of business negotiations.
• Communicated with business mandates, intermediaries, brokers, and escrow agents to transfer confidential property between all parties in a safe and efficient manner to expedite deal closing.
- Business Controller at COMPREHENSIVE CONSULTING INTERNATIONAL, LLC/CCI GLOBAL INC
- Support Services Level II for Deputy Warden of Administration and Deputy Warden of Security at Lee Arrendale State Prison
- Support Service Specialist - Timekeeping/Booking/Workers Compensation at Lee Arrendale State Prison
- Certified Correctional Officer at Lee Arrendale State Prison
8 months at this Job
- Associates of Arts in Business - Business
- High School Diploma
Review the renewal process, revamping the quote system and setting up deal desk is significant contribution. Educated the leadership team to improvise win ratio, SaaS metrics reporting and improving performance against the industry benchmark. Implementation of the new billing system and revenue restructuring for possible venture investment.
• Started the renewal and upsell process which generated $1.6M recurring revenue.
• Set up core metrics reporting against industry benchmark which lead to foundation path to revamp pipeline.
• Restructured the accounting of overhead allocation which improve the gross margin by 3%.
• Set up the deal desk which shorten the closing of proposal by 10 days.
• Designed and implemented metrics dashboard with 50+ client that enable data driven decision making.
• Prepared financial analysis for Qtr. BOD meetings. In depth margin analysis by product line that was used by leadership to realign resource. Vastly improved sales forecasting reducing margin error to +-5%.
• Client retention ratio was improved by 2% by redesigning of the communication and service implementation.
• Revenue leakage was improved by $10K monthly by setting up process of review of backlog, sales tie outs.
• Structured deals with product mix to bring higher returns on deals which added $0.5M of recurring revenue.
• Reviewed cost structure and implement contingency to reduce Opex by $3M in annual savings.
• Weekly review of pipeline call with Sales Director to improve projection of client won success ration.
- Business Controller at Smartlinx Solutions LLC
- Director of Financial Planning & Analysis at Namely Inc
- Senior Finance Manager at Tata Technologies Inc
- Asst Controller at Opera Solutions LLC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Accounting and finance
- Chartered Accountant - Accounting and finance
• Led a comprehensive review of internal processes for management, advancing systemic suggestions to improve profitability and efficiency of Commercial Real Estate processes and teams for the Miami Design District. Resulting initiatives in progress have improved the accuracy of risk grading, required capital reserves, and profitability.
• Evaluated construction budgets, hard & soft costs, interest reserves, contingencies, earn-outs, construction hurdles and developer risk. Analyzed project viability across market conditions. Structured partnerships.
• Managed the debt portfolio and refinanced the existing projects of commercial real estate valued at $2.2 billion. Performed comprehensive analysis of acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. Developed a comprehensive valuation model for projects including construction, acquisitions and partnerships.
• Review and analyze monthly and quarterly financials including all supplemental lead schedules.
• Produce detailed weekly and monthly cash flow reports as well as determine cash contributions and distributions.
• Engage external auditors for year-end audits spanning various legal entities.
- Business Controller at L CATTERTON REAL ESTATE / GROUPE ARNAULT - LVMH
- Financial Controller at HEAFEY GROUP
- Controller at BOWATER FOREST PRODUCTS OF CANADA INC
- Accountant/Financial Analyst at BOWATER FOREST PRODUCTS OF CANADA INC
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Actual Job Tax Profesional at H&RBlock 11/16-Actual Job
- Business Controller at MVP Trading Corp
- Server at Daerden Restaurant Inc
- Economic Director at LABIOFAM SA, Production Department
- Specialist in Economic Management at Empresa Comercializadora
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics - Economics
- Bachelor's degree in the field - accredited institution according to Josef Silny
- Graduate Diploma in Business Management - Business Management
- Graduate Diploma - Leadership and Teamwork
• Responsible for analyzing account receivable reports.
• Assist account receivable executive
- Business Controller at Admiral Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Accountant at E. I Freight (Taiwan) Ltd
- Sales Representative at Symbio Inc
- Budget and Finance Corporal at Army 137 Brigade
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business - Accounting