Business Data Analyst
Business Data Analyst
- Business Data Analyst at UPMC Health Plan - Los Angeles, CA
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - preparation of technical specifications
- - insurance
- - Medical
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
FLORIDA SURPLUS LINES SERVICE OFFICE (FSLSO) Serve as Tableau analytics site administrator and lead business data analyst providing advanced data and statistical analysis. Provide analytics training and mentoring for internal staff. Complete beta, regression and user acceptance testing for FSLSO apps and software. Create technical documentation including test plans, business rules, pseudo code and data dictionaries. Provide data driven solutions to upper management to improve office efficiency and effectiveness. Create and certify advanced BI calculations and data sources. Identify software enhancements, process improvements and work with consultants on developing solutions. Create dashboards and data visualizations using Tableau software. Provide advanced calculation verification on technical reports.
- BUSINESS DATA ANALYST at FSLSO
- QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST at ATKINS/PBS&J
- ACCOUNTING MANAGER at CCT
- MANAGEMENT REVIEW SPECIALIST at FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Statistics
Worked as Consultant on healthcare domain as a business/data analyst. Performing data analysis, querying data bases, and utilizing SQL query tools. Report comparison and compilation and Quality Assurance Uncover new opportunities to optimize and drive the business through business intelligence reporting Coordinated statistical data analysis, design, and information flow.
- Business Data Analyst at Core Software Technologies Inc
- Business Analyst Intern at Mach Group Inc
11 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Health Science- Health Profession Leadership
- Master of Science - Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management
• As a business Data Analyst I am responsible for the design of models, reports and data analysis that allows the organization to effectively utilize the volume of historical data to help the company make decisions regarding accounts profitability, client trending, process non-conformance, strategy effectiveness, staff allocation and help establishing enhanced internal management and external client reporting to further differentiate The CCS Companies in the market place.
• Managing projects of big capacity from beginning to end.
• Assure that all different teams that are part of this project are meeting deadlines and maintaining work quality.
• Verifying & assuring delivery of the final products.
• Using dimensional insight's diver application and Taking full advantage of the Diver application functions and capabilities to optimize reporting.
• Using SQL to pull data from the different systems that the company uses to develop reports for our clients and for the executives to help them make informed decisions.
• Developing models and customizing reporting for analytical review using data obtained from all the CCS's information systems.
• Scheduling, managing and maintain reporting distribution lists.
• Designing graphical reporting methodologies for presentation that can support internal and external partners.
• Serve in perpetual consulting capacity, mining data and drawing inferences based upon supportable evidence.
• Work with internal business partners to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
• Presenting management with findings.
• Provide support to the entire CCS enterprise; including ownership and executive team as analytical needs dictate.
• Researched and resolved issues regarding integrity of data flow into [Type] databases.
• Developed metrics derived from raw company data to track improvements in organizational efficiency.
• Applied honed problem-solving skills to analyze and resolve issues impacting business operations and goal achievement.
• Built library of models and reusable knowledge-base assets to produce consistent and streamlined business intelligence results.
- Business Data Analyst at THE CCS COMPANIES
- Sr. Teller at CITIZENS BANK
- Shift Manager/ Customer Service Manager at LANDAU JEWELRY
- Customer Service Specialist at HALLMARK CARDS
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
- High School Diploma
• Partnered with cross-functional teams to analyze all production data in order to implement reporting tools. Highly adaptable to change, with ability to identify opportunities for new business processes.
• Reviewed business process documentation for accuracy prior to distribution to senior management and end users. Transformed business knowledge into useful business solutions and minimized gaps in daily production processes.
• Analyzed and comprehended business requirements to create visual illustrations as guides for application end users. Utilized appropriate business analyst tools to demonstrate business cases, as well as accomplish business objectives.
• Communicated with multiple operating areas to ensure all requirements are met, while preparing for minor and major application implementations.
- Business Data Analyst at Altria - Richmond, Va.
- Risk & Compliance Analyst - Intermediate at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Business Systems Analyst II at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
- Associate of Science
in Treasury Technology team which focuses on supporting treasury business for all the reports that get generated for regulatory and liquidity risk and liquidity credit reporting 2052a.
Senior Data Analyst
• Created and maintained Business requirements document (BRD), USE Case Specifications, and Functional Specifications (FRD).
• Working with multiple teams (Business and IT) gathering information on how to source data into OFSAA (Oracle Financial Services Analytical Application for upstream to consume.
• Working with business SMEs to implement NSFR (Net Stable Funding Ratio) for reporting due in JULY, 2020.
• Work with business and the information gathered to create data mapping document which has (source tables / fields and target tables/ fields) for IT to implement for 14Q, 14M, and for 5G reporting.
• Writing simple to complex SQL syntaxes to generate customized reports requested by Business Stakeholders.
• Work with Business to identify Key Data Elements for new report generation.
• Work with business stakeholders to implement new requirements provided by FRB to be implemented for next report release. And coordinate with IT /QA to for them to be implemented and test before it gets submitted to FRB.
• Experience in Data Lineage using Excel.
• Experience in creating Data Governance Policies, Business Glossary, Data Dictionary, Reference Data, Metadata, Data Lineage, and Data Quality Rules. Working closely with the data quality team and data stewards.
• Perform a thorough Data profiling using EXCEL and provide recommendations to Business for robust solutions that makes it convenience for business to access data to be extracted for reporting purposes.
• Get input from high-level business concepts and discussions with project stakeholders and was responsible for the creation and maintenance of documentation required for a successful development effort.
• Applied technical skills in systems and data analysis to provide a high level of detail in requirements documentation.
• Created multiple Schemas and views for efficient data analysis.
• Create data mapping documents by performing an end to end data analysis using Toad Data Point.
• Worked with business stakeholders to perform a thorough gap analysis.
• Created data models to be implemented in UAT and Production Environment.
• Work with key business uses to identify between Credit and Liquidity Facilities and provide impact analysis on how it Impacts US LCR, EU LCR, IFRS reporting.
• Work with Business and IT teams to identify if the logics that currently exist in production and make recommendation to correct the issues.
• Identified and facilitated meetings with multiple Lines of Business (LOB) to correctly identify if the data that is in the repositories is enough to report on.
• Work with the IT teams to find and fix production related issues.
• Organize and facilitate meetings with the management and the development team, conducting requirements gathering sessions with the purpose of defining the functional, business and system requirements.
• Write clear, concise detailed system requirements specification (SRS) documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret and design and develop the application with minimum guidance.
• Utilize Toad Datapoint for writing and executing SQL queries to fetch data.
• Conduct GAP analysis and created AS- IS and TO- BE workflow to better understand the mechanics of the existing system and future system also for Analysis to identify key areas of concern and addressed them with the Business team.
• Creating user manual for new systems getting implemented within the organization.
• Work with different business teams within wells Fargo to create control documentation for audit purposes pertaining the regulatory reporting.
• Work with business team (ALMT) to update the 5G reporting decision tree.
• Conduct Impact Analysis to provide data and information to the business on how the new changes would impact the upstream and downstream systems.
• Work with (Risk, Finance and Reg Reporting) teams to get their inputs on analysis that is done to see if it has any impact on their reports.
- Business/Data analyst at Union Bank (MUFG)
- Business System Consultant at
- Data Analyst/ Business Systems at Bank of the West (BNP Paribas)
- Data Analyst/ Business Systems at Wells Fargo, Financial Services & Technology
5 months at this Job
- Associates Degree in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering
As a Business Analyst Volunteer, I am currently undertaking following duties and functions.
• Analyzes data, conducts research, identifies trends, and conducts business plan analyses and feasibility studies.
• Participated in requirement gathering, analysis and brainstorming sessions with business for enhancements of non-capital projects.
• Provided recommendations by analyzing the existing business scenarios and provide proactive value adds.
• Schedule and taking basic & advanced training for volunteers
• Provide support for projects and operations including, but not limited to analyses, reporting, budget and scheduling.
• Create monthly spread sheet using Microsoft Office 365 excel of all volunteers and send to Divisional manager
• Created training documents for volunteers using MS office power point
• Conducts risk, resource, cost-benefit, variance, impact and/or other complex analyses.
• Coordinate certain operational support activities on behalf of unit such as human resources, logistics, contract administration, budget tracking and business information systems.
• Typically has project and/or unit-specific responsibilities within the scope of the job.
- BUSINESS / DATA ANALYST at AMERICAN RED CROSS
- MANAGER ASSISTANT TRAINEE at KERALA STATE WARE HOUSING CORPORATION
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- MBA - HUMAN RESOURCES AND MARKETING
- MASTER'S IN BIOTECHNOLOGY - BIOTECHNOLOGY
- BSC IN BIOTECHNOLOGY - BIOTECHNOLOGY
Contracted under NTT Data on behalf of the State of Texas to perform business data analysis work gathering, eliciting, and documenting requirements to modernize legacy systems under the Modern Portfolio and Project Management Initiative by Texas Department of Transportation. Business Analysis Responsibilities: · Elicit data requirements from workshops, interviews, and documents · Plan, conduct, and scribe requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders · Produce business analysis documents: test cases, user stories, swim lane diagrams, and source to target maps · Develop, plan, execute, and review testing for quality assurance and functional requirements adherence Other Responsibilities: · Write computer programs in SQL performing exploratory analysis tasks against DB2 and Oracle
Contracted under NTT Data on behalf of the State of Texas to perform business data analysis work gathering, eliciting, and documenting requirements to modernize legacy systems under the Modern Portfolio and Project Management Initiative by Texas Department of Transportation.
Business Analysis Responsibilities:
· Elicit data requirements from workshops, interviews, and documents
· Plan, conduct, and scribe requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders
· Produce business analysis documents: test cases, user stories, swim lane diagrams, and source to target maps
· Develop, plan, execute, and review testing for quality assurance and functional requirements adherence
· Write computer programs in SQL performing exploratory analysis tasks against DB2 and Oracle
- Business Data Analyst at NTT Data Systems
- Systems Analyst IV at Texas Education Agency
- CRM Administrator / Business Data Analyst at e-MDs
- Help Desk Analyst, Sr. at Siemens Business Services
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business IT Management
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
- Nanodegree - Data Analysis
The project with Santander is too develop a data warehouse and enhance the data quality by data remediation for Federal reporting, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR). I am supporting the project team by studying the current system, identify the flaws and work for system enhancement. In this project, I am working as Data Analyst to elicit & analyze the to be system requirement for development of a dedicated data warehouse for compliance reporting to improve the quality of current data. Responsibilities:
• Analyze the as is situation of the system & processes, conducted GAP analysis to define system flaws ( GAP or Defects) against business requirement.
• Worked on Strategic development of a Data Warehouse and in Performing Data Analysis and Data
• Facilitate Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Operational Meetings with RCRD (Regulatory Compliance Reporting Department), Risk Analyst, Business/Operational SMEs to document user stories for gathering business requirements for to be System (Data warehouse) for CCAR FRY 14 Q Reporting.
• Executed ETL operations for Business Intelligence reporting solutions using Excel.
• Used SQL to query Oracle Database and resolve data issues, also compiled business intelligence reports based on results
• Involve in Conceptual design for data warehouse development.
• Extensively use SQL queries for accessing and manipulating database systems (SSMS).
• Document data quality and traceability documents for each source interface.
• Work with project team representatives to ensure that logical and physical data models were developed in line with corporate standards and guidelines.
• Analyze the current data issue within current system and work on its remediation.
• Perform the RCA (root cause analysis) for current data defects/previous reported period failed attributes submitted to Federal Reserve.
• Remediate the failures and suggest solutions (Business Exceptions, IT Enhancement etc) for an efficient system for next reporting period.
• Leading identification and resolution of data issues by promoting collaboration with SMEs, Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and other stakeholders.
The project with Santander is too develop a data warehouse and enhance the data quality by data remediation for Federal reporting, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR). I am supporting the project team by studying the current system, identify the flaws and work for system enhancement. In this project, I am working as Data Analyst to elicit & analyze the to be system requirement for development of a dedicated data warehouse for compliance reporting to improve the quality of current data.
- Business / Data Analyst at Santander Bank
- Business / Data Analyst at
- Business / Data Analyst at UBS -SFO, CA
4 years, 8 months at this Job
40% Business Analyst specializing in translating business requirements to IT and Dev Teams, developing technology project plans and assisting in execution with moderate programming/database hardskills. 60% Data Analysis and Reporting with a focus on Customer, Transaction, Business Performance and Systems monitoring. SQL and Excel based ad hoc and routine reports, along with in house Business Intelligence dashboards (along with Tableau). Planned and executed report automation processes with Python and Front End developers.
40% Business Analyst specializing in translating business requirements to IT and Dev Teams, developing technology project plans and assisting in execution with moderate programming/database hardskills.
60% Data Analysis and Reporting with a focus on Customer, Transaction, Business Performance and Systems monitoring. SQL and Excel based ad hoc and routine reports, along with in house Business Intelligence dashboards (along with Tableau). Planned and executed report automation processes with Python and Front End developers.
- Senior Business Data Analyst at Retrieval Masters Credit Bureau
- Business System Analyst / Data Center Ops at USAlliance Federal Credit Union
- E-Delivery Specialist and Special Projects at USAlliance Federal Credit Union
- Call Center Representative at Banking/Credit Union
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Politics, Economics and Law