Overstock.com (Salt Lake City - US) Role: Business Intelligence Analyst (Aug 2018 - present) Responsibilities: 1. Work closely with partner care team to gather business requirements and converting them into technical specifications (including SRS, Use Cases, DFD, HLD and LLD and Test Cases) 2. Creating user stories and assigning them to the relevant development team using Jira tool. 3. Responsible for creating standard requirement documents, design documents and data flow diagrams for business processes. 4. Conducting peer reviews and following up with partners to get the QA reviews completed. 5. Designing dossiers based on end user requirements and providing them to development team. 6. Writing SQL queries for backend testing and data analysis for user deliverables. 7. Production support for existing business processes (including issue resolution and delivery).
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Overstock.com
- Project Lead at Syntel Inc. (USA)
- Project Lead at American Express
- Senior Software Engineer at IBM (India)
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Computer Science
Toledo, OH Fresh Products is the leading supplier of odor control and air freshening products in North America Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst , 12/18-Present Responsible for strategic alignment and solution delivery as a shared Business Analytics platform to Sales & Marketing, Finance, Operations and HR functional organizations. Continuous Improvement advocate and data strategist to multiple internal executive partners. Core Focus 1. DELIVER Business Intelligence shared service across operational, ad hoc and dashboard data visualization and reporting needs; manage project planning and solution delivery lifecycle from requirements through design, development, testing and rollout; apply best practices in ETL, data modeling, cube development and Power BI design to meet the needs of the business. Leveraging Microsoft SQL Stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS SSAS) for ETL, cube development & report design 2. MANAGE Data warehouse and Power BI application environment and system performance; implement upgrades, improvements. Test and apply regular upgrades, patches and bug-fixes in coordination with infrastructure and application staff. 3. SUPPORT functional areas by providing user-friendly, timely data analytics and right level of visualizations for a self-service BI and decision support system across various levels, i.e., End Users, Managers, Executives; ASSIST in interpreting data and deriving insight. 4. ENFORCE data governance and information security policies, standards, procedures, and processes including security configuration and design. 5. DOCUMENT methods, tools and procedures; TRAIN organization in Business Intelligence tools, usage.
Fresh Products is the leading supplier of odor control and air freshening products in North America
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst , 12/18-Present
Responsible for strategic alignment and solution delivery as a shared Business Analytics platform to Sales & Marketing, Finance, Operations and HR functional organizations. Continuous Improvement advocate and data
strategist to multiple internal executive partners.
1. DELIVER Business Intelligence shared service across operational, ad hoc and dashboard data visualization
and reporting needs; manage project planning and solution delivery lifecycle from requirements through design,
development, testing and rollout; apply best practices in ETL, data modeling, cube development and Power BI
design to meet the needs of the business. Leveraging Microsoft SQL Stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS SSAS) for ETL,
cube development & report design
2. MANAGE Data warehouse and Power BI application environment and system performance; implement
upgrades, improvements. Test and apply regular upgrades, patches and bug-fixes in coordination with infrastructure and application staff.
3. SUPPORT functional areas by providing user-friendly, timely data analytics and right level of visualizations
for a self-service BI and decision support system across various levels, i.e., End Users, Managers, Executives;
ASSIST in interpreting data and deriving insight.
4. ENFORCE data governance and information security policies, standards, procedures, and processes including
security configuration and design.
5. DOCUMENT methods, tools and procedures; TRAIN organization in Business Intelligence tools, usage.
- Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst at Fresh Products, LLC
- Head Boys Soccer Coach (Varsity) at OTTAWA HILLS LOCAL SCHOOLS
- SALES AND MARKETING at Fresh Products, LLC
- Data Analyst at OWENS CORNING
6 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Education - Business and Marketing Education
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
Financial professional with strong analytical skills who can interpret operational needs and propose as well as create software based solutions. Consistent high achiever in a dynamic business environment SPECTRUM HEALTH CORPORATE, Grand Rapids MI
Business Intelligence Analyst - September 2017 - Present
• Received certification in data analytics for EPIC healthcare billing system
• Use business intelligence tools such as SQL, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to extract data based on user requests
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Spectrum Health
- Advisor, Financial Informatics at SPECTRUM HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP
- Senior Financial Analyst at BUTTERWORTH HEALTH SYSTEM/HOSPITAL
- Financial Analyst at BUTTERWORTH HEALTH SYSTEM/HOSPITAL
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Business Administration
Current Role: Onsite Business Intelligence Analyst/Lead Current Team Size - 10 Current Roles and Responsibilities tuning, production support
• Responsible for analysis, development, system integration, debugging & testing, performance
• Project Coordination - Planning, Execution and Closing
• Business analysis / Requirements Determination
• High Level Design (HLD)
• Low Level Design (LLD)
• Code Review
• Unit Testing
• UAT Co-ordination with Business Users
• Deployment and Post-Production Support
• Direct reporting/interaction with Client Managers
• Involved in the complete life-cycle of the project
• Ensuring high quality/standard of code with minimal defects.
• Ensuring completion of audits (Internal and External) related to the project
Current Role: Onsite Business Intelligence Analyst/Lead
Current Team Size - 10
Current Roles and Responsibilities
tuning, production support
- Business Intelligence Analyst/Lead at MoneyGram
- Current Position - Technology Analyst at Infosys
- Intern at Infosys
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- B-Tech - Computer Science Engineering
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst for the BI Team supporting analytics for the company with an emphasis on Workday HR data and implementation of data models utilizing the latest front end tools for dashboard and reporting for the company. Major Projects have included SAP HANA Digital Boardroom, Lumira, Resource Planning, and Microsoft Power BI where I established a foundation for the Center of Excellence as part of the IDES Project. Currently acting as Senior Analyst, Team Lead, and Project Manager for the BI Team. My main responsibilities include resource planning, SCRUM Master, data modeler, dashboard design, and CAM for most of our Tier 1 Projects that include Analytics for the company. Heavy emphasis on SQL, SSAS Model creation, Crystal, WEBI, and Power BI support. Human Resources Operations Analyst III Human Resources
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - Product Realization at International Game Technology
- Business Analyst at Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Human Resources Information Systems Analyst III - Human Resources at International Game Technology (IGT)
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Business and Computer Science
Operations Trending-Prepare charts and business dashboards based on metrics like payroll, inventory, compliance & discovered
methods to reduce cost and increase profit.
• Financial Integration- Aid in the performance evaluation for the company by pulling yearly data reports and converting them into visualizations using data analysis tools (DataMart tool). Ranked them based on performance. Providing business insight and assisting the data analyst team to target the outlets that have potential scope of improvement.
• Revenue Projection- Analyzed the dataset of past claim received from various insurance companies and predicted future payment trend for the accounting department using MS Excel, Microsoft Access and the pharmacy analytical and reporting tool.
• Integration Process- Expediting the reconciliation process by giving new and efficient ideas to the company. Documented processes by gathering requirements for acquiring more pharmacies each month.
• Process Improvement- Gained expertise utilizing in-house tools like the DataMart tool, Adherence tracking tool, ERP system & project management tool. Communicating with customers, competitors, suppliers to stay abreast of industry and business trends.
• Key Performance Indicators- Created a centralized warehouse with the Business intelligence team to automate business processes that has reduced human efforts by 40%. Performed data cleaning, data manipulation to prepare the data set for weekly & ad-hoc reports.
• Certification- Earned the Lean Six Sigma white belt and the Project Management Essentials.
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Pharmfood group of Companies
- Research Assistant at University of Florida
- Student Assistant at University of Florida
- Business Analyst Intern at Coffee Table Inc
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Information System and Operations Management - Business
- - Information Technology
Report Conversion, Tableau, ThoughtSpot & Narrative Science Projects
Led the development of clear and well-structured analytical plans and analyzed large data-sets to include critical and sensitive data-sets. Shaped the business's data infrastructure, inclusive of data-warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms. Investigated and reported on complex data interactions to facilitate data research in support of analytics development efforts. Documented all relevant upstream and downstream processes and or system gaps to ensure the fulfillment of business functional requirements and technology goals were successfully executed. Managed day-to-day operational activities responsible for ensuring timely data-loading and Real-time Analytics were available and accurate for reporting requirements.
• Served as Project Lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME), efforts involved designing, building, testing, deploying and maintaining interactive analytic products and features using designated Business Intelligence solution.
• Compiled and translated business requirements into meaningful narratives to support report visualization.
• Leveraged existing Sybase SQL to convert Microsoft Access databases to Tableau, a friendlier Business Intelligence tool. Efforts resulted in faster querying performance, uniform Dashboards, drilldowns, and filters and provided the business teams with a consistent format for lender presentations.
• Partnered with Product Owners, and other Business Intelligent (BI) analysts and engineers to establish setup connections, created new tables, build internal processes that offered a more robust approach with data extractions. As a result, this reduced numerous of redundant queries and the continuing reporting errors that we were encountering.
• Managed and designed over 25+ interactive Tableau Dashboards to support Divisional goals to eliminate manual End-User Computing (EUCs) applications. Results produced a yearly savings of $65(k), 35% overall inventory reduction, eliminate several manual workarounds and provided a centralize repository for reporting.
• Exercised independent judgment while working with various teams to define and create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the organization, team, analyst and client performance. The new indicators provided senior management and its clients with a holistic portfolio volume, market diversity, peaks, training opportunities and highlight alerts.
• Served as the business liaison to define and implement a user-friendly ThoughSpot platform to service the business end-user. In addition, built several complex formulas and provided direction to infrastructure team on process gaps.
• Triage incoming issues and enhancement requests from customers for various BI tools.
• Responsible for the creation of multiple complex tables, field calculations, filters and parameters.
• Published workbooks and data sources on servers for end user access.
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Fannie Mae
- Data /Business Intelligence Analyst - Variable Resource Allocation Project at Fannie Mae
- Business Analyst at Fannie Mae
- User Acceptance Tester - Loan Delivery Application at
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Provide senior leadership and training to a team of 5 analysts
• Performed data mining of customer data to provide decision support and recommendations for meeting goals for company growth.
• Provided expert guidance to team members in the application of data science and predictive model building.
• Created and developed demand for data science from senior executives through data analysis projects that helped guide strategy and decision-making.
• Collaborated with senior marketing personnel to provide insight into developing effective campaigns to increase products per customer through customer segmentation, cluster analysis, customer profiling and analysis of customer transactions.
• Designed, coded and implemented a comprehensive database schema of commercial and retail customers for data mining projects using SSIS that enabled complex analysis of customer history.
• Identified patterns in branch network traffic and demographics that provided crucial information needed for decision-making regarding investments in opening new branches,
• Presented a comprehensive analysis to senior banking executives regarding customer retention rates after acquiring new banks.
• Delivered weekly analysis of trends to Asset and Liabilities Committee that determined the statistical significance of changes in income and balance sheets.
• Provided analysis of customer behavior that informed decisions made regarding the introduction of new banking products. Data Analyst II Provide key data mining capability to company Executives from within the Business Intelligence department.
• Data mining of customer data to provide decision support and recommendations for meeting goals for company growth.
• Developed multiple predictive models including one that predicted potential demand deposit charge-offs.
• Researched commercial client data to establish a baseline for growth and developed system for scoring and ranking commercial clients according to weight of product mix and profitability.
• Analyzed commercial clients by industry, percent usage of lines of credit, total deposits versus average daily balance to estimate cash flow and created customer segmentation based on total deposits.
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at REPUBLIC BANK
- Marketing Analyst at ACCENT MARKETING/ACCENTƒ(x)
4 years at this Job
- B. A. - Psychology
San Diego, CA 2012 - Present
$350M enterprise workflow software provider to the property and casualty insurance and collision repair industries Senior Business Intelligence Analyst II
● Design custom data visualization and architecture solutions to support emerging business needs. Lead junior analysts and developers in solution design, development and implementation.
● Design and program a scalable SQL Server database platform to bill customers internally versus using a third-party solution; enabled revenue recognition 3 weeks earlier, freed up $1.5M in reserves, and reduced bill discrepancies by 5% ($200k) monthly.
● Hired and trained 4+ Business Intelligence Analysts
● Develop multi-tenant Tableau data mart and ETL routines which integrate data from 60 discrete databases to track financial metrics for Mitchell's Auto Casualty book of business.
● Create Tableau dashboards that provide actionable insights into claims metrics across automotive and workers compensation lines of business.
● Develop statistical models to find deeper insights in claims management.
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst II at MITCHELL INTERNATIONAL
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager at MEDIMPACT
- Data Management & Business Intelligence Consultant at CAREFUSION
- Lead all aspects of the delivery at Business Objects Solution Architect
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics
01/2017 - 05/2019 Richardson, TX Retail Courses Achievements/Tasks Database Foundations (Access, SQL) Maintained and optimized the reporting system of Store Data Warehousing (MYSQL, Tableau, ETL) Management Suite database (LOC SMS, one of the most popular Spreadsheet Modeling and Analytics (Advanced Excel- ERP software for retailers) with SQL Server, which has 355 Pivot Table, V-Lookup, Financial Modeling) tables and more than 1 million records, according to ad-hoc Statistics and Data Analysis (Standard Statistics Methods) requests Operations Management (Supply Chain Management) Built independent real-time dashboards with Power BI by ETL to Business Analytics with R support ad-hoc requests for management Predictive Analytics using SAS Analyzed sales data with standard statistical methods to explain Programming for Data Science (Python) the reasons of declining or increasing Presented analytic findings and recommendations to management to improve sales strategy B.S. Accounting
- Business Intelligence Analyst at M.S. Business Analytics
- at Huaiyin Institute of Technology
1 year at this Job