· Result driven professional Business Intelligence practitioner with 17+ years of rich experience in the software life cycle in analysis, design, development, testing and deployment for many applications in DWH Business Intelligence as DI (Data Integration), DM (Data Migration), Data Design/Data Architect (Data Modeling), ETL Architect (ETL Process Design) with the roles Project manager, Architect, Technical Lead and Developer. Expertise in IT Project Management which including project scoping, finalization of requirements, planning, estimation, resource utilization, quality processes and project closing.
- Business Intelligence Architect at CVS CAREMAK
4 years, 10 months at this Job
• Hired and mentored junior development staff.
• Regularly interacted with Senior VP staff to gather requirements and design solutions to meet the business needs.
• Helped train our senior user base on critical business intelligence features, and data management process flows.
• Senior designer and team architect for all warehouse and data structures.
• Successfully upgraded MicroStrategy Intelligence Server from Version 9.4 to 10.4 Service Pack 7. Implemented a 4-tier architecture with fresh install, upgraded all existing metadata databases and warehouse objects. This was a significant upgrade that ported over all existing reports to now render as HTML 5 instead of Flash.
• Designed and implemented a totally new business venture for MSN as they have become a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) that tracks and reports to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) annually. Designed and implemented a performance solution that calculates and reports Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) points for MSN clients to comply with the Quality Payment Program (QPP). Designed OLTP database backend, and OLAP reporting solution dashboards for Clients of the QCDR to track their performance throughout the year, and the data warehouse officially reports Clients performance to CMS annually as a QCDR.
• Re-designed fundamental existing data warehouse structures to make the enterprise solution more structured and uniform designed so we can bring on more warehouse developers and scale out easily.
• Documented existing warehouse design so there is a repeatable documentation process to be more scalable.
• Designed and implemented new clients into the business intelligence reporting solution.
- Business Intelligence Architect at MSN, Healthcare Solutions
- Data Systems Manager (Business Intelligence) at
- Business Intelligence Lead -Sr. Datawarehouse Developer at Innova Systems International
- Database Administrator at Dominion Enterprises
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
Designed data warehouse and business intelligence solutions using the Microsoft SQL Server database platform including conducting business analysis, building the Kimball model data warehouse, dimensional data modelling, developing ETL (SSIS) packages, building multidimensional cubes (SSAS), developing reports (SSRS, Excel), building Power BI reports and dashboards, and providing mentoring/training to IT and business staff.
- Business Intelligence Architect at Hobart Service
- Business Intelligence Architect at Jackson-Hewitt
- BI Consultant at Celerity
- Business Intelligence Software Engineer at InfoMC
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
• Project Management
• Leading the Business Intelligence Architecture
• Leading the projects as Technical Lead for Business Intelligence and Data Integration technologies
• Brainstorm Business requirements and determine the solution roadmap
• Leading BI Production operations
• Program Management
- Business Intelligence Architect at Cognizant Technology Solutions
10 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Engineering
CPO is an on-line retailer that essentially invented the concept of serious, quality marketing of reconditioned tools. It has regularly been on the INC list of fastest growing small businesses, seeing revenue expand from under a million dollars in 2005 to $80m in 2013. In 2009, data needed for decisions was cobbled together haphazardly from disparate sources by whoever needed it, and creating a handful of regular company reports was someone’s fulltime job. Now CPO has easy to access data marts for Sales Analysis, Inventory Management, Payables Prediction, Promotion Effectiveness Analysis, and Web Traffic Analysis. Additionally, we are moving the company into data mining and advanced visual presentations. Primary duties: Design and build an Enterprise Data Warehouse business intelligence environment in as inexpensive and expeditious manner as possible. Manage and mentor two additional members of the BI team. Work intensively with the various business units to understand the business and design reporting and analytical solutions that are consistent across business units. Define ETL and reporting standards. Determine data governance standards. Maintain a comprehensive model of the data warehouse infrastructure. Build structures to manage data loading and processing. Provide some degree of more advanced predictive analytics (primarily using the R based data, but also implementing data mining in SQL Server. Mining tools: Rattle and SQL Server). Accomplishments: Analyzed and built data acquisition mechanism. Designed and built data warehousing environment incorporating feeds from eight internal and external data sources to support analytical reporting needs for finance, marketing, merchandising, pricing, purchasing, operations, accounting using exclusively free, open sources tools (the PostgreSQL and Infobright databases, and the Pentaho data analysis suite). Reworked the Business intelligence delivery mechanism to use Microsoft SQLServer Business Intelligence Edition, which provides OLAP and dashboards via SSAS and Excel, standardized web reporting via SSRS, and uses SSIS for ETL. Designed and developed a new approach to the data warehouse using the Data Vault approach on Snowflake. Provided some more sophisticated data analysis on a special project basis (e.g., analyzing the effect of the changes in sales tax collection policies in different status, data mining analysis to try to identify customers who are more likely to become repeat customers).
- Business Intelligence Architect at CPO Commerce, Inc
- Oracle DBA at GE Energy
- Technical Architect, Data Warehouse at New York State Office of Child and Family Services
- Data Warehouse Architect at New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- MS - Information Systems and Technology
- BA - Economics
- BA - Business Administration
• Aligned staff per skill set and experience to support the project work, monitored staff performance by rewarding positive behaviors and addressed negative behaviors accordingly
• Supervised work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensured quality, and Maximized efficiency of assigned project team members through strong leadership, organizational and motivational skills. Mediated and resolved project team conflicts.
• Utilized creativity and resourcefulness in identifying and implementing team-building techniques.
• Installed and configured SAP Lumira server, Lumira Desktop, Predictive analytics
• Upgraded/ applied Lumira 2.x patches to BIP, migrated SAP Lumira Lums to Lumx files.
• Utilized SAP Lumira Discovery, SAP Lumira Design Studio, built SAP Lumira Storyboard and Data Visualizations, utilized data from Universes, Hana, Excel data sources, uploaded to BIP, shared with business users, set security.
• Created hierarchies, measures, enhanced with illustrations, worked with multiple data sets, massaged data, blended data, added charts, filtered data in visualizations, stories.
• Utilized geomaps, conditionally formatted. Published documents to Lumira server, HANA.
• Worked with Business Users, upgraded, enhanced and modified data Visualizations and distributed via Enterprise.
• Performed Environment analysis of SAP BI, DS Servers for enterprise wide Reporting, ETL, and fixed issues, suggested, implemented best practices, augmented team, helped reporting, data mining teams meet their deadlines
• Analyzed existing SAP landscape, BI content, performed BI system sizing, hardware sizing, worked with Network operations, hardware vendors, application owners, content owners, Business users and prepared Business Intelligence upgrade plan as a SAP Business Objects Administrator
• Hands on experience as a Primary Business Objects Administrator in upgrading SAP BI from Version 4.0 to 4.1, 4.1 to 4.2 version, Installed, Configured and setup Business Intelligence Servers, setup security groups, migrated content between environments, suggested and introduced Process improvement best practices
• Utilized Promotion management tool, life cycle manager, migrated Crystal reports, Webi Intelligence documents, Universes, Connections and other BI content, ATL files and VM tools and migrated content
• Performed weekly code deployment, utilized multitenancy and deployed BI content to multiple customers located geographically in different cities with very complicated security requirements
• Configured BI, DI cluster, load balanced systems, setup probes and monitored system performance
• Setup and configured SAP Business Intelligence SSO for users to auto logon, designed and developed application level and profile level security for BI content, setup and configured open doc, integrated BI into company portal in a highly complicated SaaS environment.
• Designed, defined and implemented SAP BI mobile, SAP Business Objects Explorer Mobile, Setup document retention policy and restrictions
• Version controlled BI, DI content, database code, also utilized central repository, star team for managing code, Performed system backups, maintained system health, performed regular system health checks
• Planned, implemented, installed and upgraded SAP Data Services version 4.1 to 4.2
• Deployed application and web tier components, configured application server, troubleshoot system issues, worked with SAP support, users, DBA's and other teams
• Customized BI Launch Pad web page, set default user landing pages branded BI content
• Monitored BI scheduled report jobs, data extracts, fine-tuned processes, troubleshoot BI and DS Servers issues
• Supported Business Intelligence and Data Services Servers, provided support to users located geographically in different countries and continents
• Managed and monitored Data Services environment, setup server groups, configured Job Servers, setup batch jobs, configured repositories, setup security
• Monitored system for errors, collected trace files and performed root cause analysis
• Designed, build and setup SAP HANA databases, security, users, built analytic, attribute, calculation views
• Fine-tuned SAP HANA landscape, performed system maintenance, backed up systems, planned and applied Service pack stack 08 upgraded HANA databases
• Performed regular system auditing, looked for anomalies, usage, load, maintained licensing and compliance
• Performed project management activities, managed key aspects of project, implemented the projects and delivered BI/ DS solutions in a timely manner
• Worked with various team members across different departments both internal and external customers, partnered effectively with the business departmental leads
• Provided expert guidance on Business Intelligence (BI) technologies and helped junior team members
• Lead data governance strategy and ensured policy adherence, developed scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives.
• Addressed customer queries and issues in a timely manner, worked effectively with virtual teams both off-shore and onshore, listened to and communicated effectively with business leaders, end users and technical teams.
• Developed reporting and analytics business team capabilities, strategy and roadmap. Motivated team members, resolved issues.
• Facilitated meeting with various teams for defining reporting and analytics business requirements, Worked towards a companywide acceptable Business Intelligence release strategy.
• Performed root cause analysis work, troubleshoot issues, applied fixes and work around, helped stabilize BO environments
• Developed complicated universes, fixed existing universes, utilized Information design tool and Universe Design tool, rich client, built Web Intelligence reports, Lumira stories, Explorer Info spaces.
• Worked with members from multiple teams, DBA's, UI developers, data modelers, participated in design review meetings and worked on troubleshooting data mart issues
• Provided production support, created Adhoc reports, Conducted WebEx sessions with the business teams, discussed and trained users. Environment: SAP Business Intelligence 4.2/ 4.1, Universe Designer, Information Designer, Webi, Sap Explorer, Web Intelligence Rich Client, BI Launchpad, SAP Data Services 4.2/ 4.1, Crystal Reports 2013, SAP Information Steward, SAP HANA 1.0 SPS09/08, SAP Lumira Server, SAP Lumira Desktop 1.25, SAP Lumira 2.0, SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0, SAP Lumira Designer, SAP Lumira Design Studio, SAP Predictive Analytics, Python 3.6, Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop 2018.2,10.5/10.3/ 8.2, SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, Oracle 12c/ 11g, PL/ SQL, Splunk, Sales Force, Star Team, Hadoop, EMR, Spark 2.0, AWS Redshift, Hive, Ambari, Hue, Flume, Splunk
- Principal SAP Business Intelligence Architect at Xifin
- Principal SAP Business Intelligence Lead Architect/ Consultant at Arbonne International
- Principal SAP BI Administrator/ Lead at Memorial Health Services
- Sr. Business Objects Architect/ Lead at Insurance Company of West
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Science - Computer Science
- BS - Engineering
• Digital Analytics - Business Intelligence Migration to Google Cloud
- SAS PM/Business Intelligence Architect at Cisco Systems, Inc
- Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst at Softerinox, Inc
- Sr. SAS Architect/Developer/Team Lead at Wells Fargo Bank
- Sr. Developer (Contract) at PCBANCORP
2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Economics
- - Personal Financial Planning
• Performed data analysis and collaborated with business partners to determine and document their requirements for changes to the existing environment as well as new systems needed.
• Documented current system ETL flows, and database schemas.
• Modified and enhanced existing databases, SSIS packages, SSRS and Excel Reports.
• Established connectivity and created data flows from Nova Time, Workday, Great Plains, IVR, and MailChimp into the warehouse.
• Developed dashboard reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Model and ad-hoc reporting using Report Builder.
• Developed Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) solutions using SSAS as an online analytical and transactional processing (OLAP) and data mining tool.
• Presented data in SSRS reports and SSAS cubes to the business that allowed them to visualize the data and make key business decisions that benefited the organization.
• Analyzed and data which was spread out across multiple databases, and in disparate tables or files. Environment: Erwin, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Management Studio 2016, Visual Studio 2016a, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint, Teradata, Informatica, Cognos, QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau 10.2, Perl, Excel VBA/Macros
- Senior Business Intelligence Architect at Community Health Center, Inc
- Senior Database Developer and ETL Architect, and Data Analyst at The Farmington Company
- Technical lead, database developer, and data analyst at Robert Half Technologies
- Data Warehouse and SQL Server System Data Integrator and Report Developer at United Technologies
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
Created BI strategy for rapidly changing and growing business, including diverse acquisitions and fast turnarounds. Designed and implemented 9 distinct data warehouse environments for multiple lines of business and department needs. Pioneered framework to automatically generate SSIS packages and table changes massively reducing development time and increasing scalability. Created self-service reporting interfaces using SSAS and Business Objects. Streamlined deployment process using TFS and VS 2012 DB projects.
Key accomplishments / duties:
• Designed QuickieMart, a code generation framework for rapid data warehouse development. Design used system views and dynamic SQL and to generate TSQL for select, update, and delete statements. Using C#, authored code library to automatically create sophisticated SSIS packages for data warehouse ETL.
• Developed and maintained enterprise data warehouses for a variety of lines of business and department analysts.
• Managed conversion of acquisition data into propriety systems with a business requirement of 8 hour turnaround.
• Created SSAS multi-dimensional cubes, giving business users powerful self-service analytical capabilities. Helped integrate data warehouses into Business Objects Universes for specialized finance analysts.
• Integrated real time 3rd party data by consuming vendor web services with SQL CLR, including weather data, customer surveys, Experian profiles, and crime information.
• Supported advanced data mining for Marketing customer profile models using SSAS, naive bayes, and logistic regression, leading to record direct mail profitability.
• Improved quality and reliability with a robust strategy for utilizing development, quality assurance, staging, and production environments, including coordinated backups and restores.
• Implemented Visual Studio 2012 database projects integrated with Team Foundation Server, streamlining the deployment process and enforcing change control.
• Optimized maintenance plans for updated statistics and efficient index rebuilds. Configured tempdb design for increased performance.
• Identified and fixed numerous performance issues using Ignite (now Solarwinds DPA), SSMS, and community scripts.
- Business Intelligence Architect at Defender Direct
- Senior SQL Developer at Wells Fargo
- Senior Database Analyst at Valtim Marketing Solutions
- Database Analyst at Positive Alternative Radio
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Information Technology
- Associates - Information Systems Engineering
- - Air Force JROTC / ROTC
American Eagle Outfitters, is an American clothing and accessories retailer, headquartered in the Southside Works Neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The brand targets male and female university students, although older adults and teenagers wear the brand, with 933 American Eagle Outfitters stores, 109 Aerie stand-alone stores, and 4 Tailgate stand-alone stores. Some of the brand's popular products are jeans polo shirts, graphic T-shirts, sweatpants, henley shirts, vanity boxers, boxer briefs and briefs, outerwear, and swimwear. American Eagle Outfitters looked to upgrade their aging Informatica PowerCenter environment from Informatica 9.1 to Informatica 9.6.1 and ultimately Informatica Cloud. This required the conversion of many Informatica Mappings, Unix scripts and a POC on the feasibility of a near Informatica Cloud Upgrade.
• Created Business Requirements and Use Cases
• Managed Informatica Cloud, PowerCenter 9.6.1 and PowerCenter 9.1 working environments
• Analyzed requirements and provided input on the feasibility of upgrading Informatica Repositories to Informatica Cloud
• Began work on an Informatica Cloud Proof of Concept which would replace the current Informatica PowerCenter Environment
• Wrote and updated several Unix scripts for file movement and archiving
• Reviewed Functional Requirement Documents.
• Provided various ETL, and data warehouse redesign recommendations which provided greater efficiencies while adhering to best practices
• Provided peer training on data warehousing topics and advanced Informatica functionality
• Rewrote several Informatica PowerCenter jobs so that they would properly execute in Informatica Cloud
• Rewrote several Informatica PowerCenter 9.1 Jobs so that they would properly execute in PowerCenter 9.6.1
• Acted as a liaison between business and IT for development and deployment
• Translated business analyst requirements into traceable milestones
- Business Intelligence Architect at American Eagle Outfitters
- Business Intelligence Architect at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Metadata and MDM Solution Architect at Newell Brands
- Business Intelligence Architect at J.M. Smucker Company
9 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration in Management Information Systems - Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems - Computer Information Systems