• Responsible for building the business intelligence department from the ground-up and help pave the way for Miami Dade College to be a real contender in the descriptive, predictive and prescriptive data space.
• Saved the college over $300K in software upgrade expenses, by designing a new BI infrastructure that took a stale and underused OBIEE environment into a new, cheaper, and homegrown Microsoft BI stack solution.
• Built up and manage a team of business intelligence developers and analysts, which develop new reports and dashboards that show off dynamic datasets across the college.
• Work closely with the CIO of the college to strategize new BI efforts and present our new business intelligence solutions to all campus presidents, vice-provosts and provost.
• Train power users and leaders across the college to understand self-service BI using Power BI, and train them to understand our data models for optimal analysis
• Architect all data warehouses/data marts, which are ultimately consumed by our SSAS tabular models and feed all Power BI reports.
• Designed the data infrastructure to support a robust business intelligence environment integrated with Oracle PeopleSoft.
• Prioritize and organize all data requests for new development and existing improvements across multiple projects and platforms.
• Administrator for our new data governance initiative across the college to help streamline all data definitions throughout departments and schools.
• Work with other departments, such as Institutional Research, to help provide data that is clean and usable for state and federal reporting.
• Train new team members in advanced data warehouse methodologies and approaches.
• Serve on the data management committee and the leadership screening committees.
- Director, Business Intelligence Architect at Miami Dade College
- Senior Business Intelligence Consultant/Lead at Lennar/UAMC/EagleHM
- Senior Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst at Open English
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect/Developer at Independent Living Systems
10 months at this Job
NEW JERSEY Leading a team of developers developing critical Business Intelligence initiatives for a leading International Publishing organization supporting Sales and Marketing and Editors. Created the first data warehouse for the Publishing Industry using Talend and Informatica(ETL), Cloudera Hadoop(Hive and Impala), Amazon RedShift and Oracle and reporting through Tableau. Administrator and developer for multiple web analytics products including Adobe Analytics and IBM NetInsight. I support Sales and Marketing teams and Managing Editors to develop new products and provide standardized reporting. Evangelist and developer for cyber-security solutions for combating illegal downloads and gaming. Have developed a comprehensive suite of Tableau reports for cyber security like Misuse Tracking, Gaming detection and real-time reporting and remediation.
Leading a team of developers developing critical Business Intelligence initiatives for a leading International Publishing organization supporting Sales and Marketing and Editors. Created the first data warehouse for the Publishing Industry using Talend and Informatica(ETL), Cloudera Hadoop(Hive and Impala), Amazon RedShift and Oracle and reporting through Tableau.
Administrator and developer for multiple web analytics products including Adobe Analytics and IBM NetInsight. I support Sales and Marketing teams and Managing Editors to develop new products and provide standardized reporting.
Evangelist and developer for cyber-security solutions for combating illegal downloads and gaming. Have developed a comprehensive suite of Tableau reports for cyber security like Misuse Tracking, Gaming detection and real-time reporting and remediation.
- SENIOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ARCHITECT at IEEE
- CONSULTANT at QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
- CONSULTANT at CHC
- SENIOR STAFF SPECIALIST at BASF. MT.OLIVE NJ
14 years, 4 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY - MECHANICAL ENGG
- - ROBOTICS
Responsibilities Top technical resource for the enterprise business intelligence organization. Provided architectural services in the creation of an enterprise data warehouse. Worked with enterprise leaders to define Gold Copy data elements and definitions and then defined replication processes to synchonize the EDW. Utilized BIML / Myst and SSIS in the development of synchonization processes. Developed new SDLC policies and procedures for the development, testing and implementation of products and packages using the TFS system as a base toolset. Worked with numerous teams in the promotion of systems from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 / R2 and SQL Server 2012. Accomplishments Successfully moved the APD system from Sql Server 2000 to 2012. This system was heavily scripted and this project had been attempted 3 times in the past and failed. Mentored teams on advanced SQL topics including SQL development and tuning as well as the Microsoft BI Stack. Skills Used Microsoft BI Stack as well as SQL tuning and performance optimization
- Senior Business Intelligence Architect at Protective Life
- Business Intelligence Architect at STEIN MART, INC
- Manager, Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing at ACOSTA, INC
- Manager, Data Warehousing & Distributed Systems at BOOKS-A-MILLION
5 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
* Managed full life cycle development from ground up including requirements gathering, design, estimation, prototyping, implementation, testing, and QA * Designed and developed database models, ETL engines and OLAP cubes using BI technologies * Designed and maintained numerous reports for on time delivery of critical information to management and customer * Steering rapid model creation in Python using Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, NumPy, SciKit-Learn & plot.ly for data visualization * Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI * Utilized Power BI personal and enterprise gateways to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources * Designed efficient Power BI solutions to make daily business data talk to end users in form of key performance indicators (KPIs), dashboards and interactive graphs and charts * Created data solutions to support business requirements for targeted initiatives and analytics * Maintained TFS code repository for DEV, QA, UAT and Production environments * Performed database monitoring / performance tuning and database security * Designed and implemented complete set of operational scripts to perform scheduled maintenance jobs Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2014/2017, SSIS, SSRS, Python, Business Objects 4.1, Power BI
- Business Intelligence Architect at AmerisourceBergen Corp
- Report/Exports Team Lead at AmerisourceBergen, USBioservices
- Database Administrator/Team Lead at Centex Corporation
- Database Developer/DBA at Tyler Technologies Inc
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- MS Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Commerce - Commerce
- Diploma of Computer Science - Computer Science
Managed and Spearheaded a Business Intelligence Startup for Birch Resources by building a Datawarehouse from scratch utilizing SQL Server Suite(SSIS for ETL), SSMS 17.9 and Installing and Configuring TIBCO Spotfire 10(X) & POWERBI, Azure DEVOPs for Data Analysis
• Developed, Managed and Supported over 20 Oil and Gas POWERBI and SPOTFIRE, Reservoir, Operations, Completions and Land infographics, Reports and Dashboards
• Utilized Azure Pipelines as a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) service. Configured Git provider to deploy to Birch cloud services using Azure services like GitHub, GitHub Enterprise Server, GitLab, Bitbucket Cloud, or Azure Repos
• Used SSIS in designing the application as a middleware between the third-party source systems and the end system.
• Created inbound and outbound flows as well as transformations and orchestrations by using SQL Server SSIS.
• ETL of data from multiple External Data Sources. PROCOUNT, WELLEz, AFENav, BOLO for accounting.
• Created and Registered Multiple Data functions utilizing IRON Python, R and TERR scripts
• Regression Modelling used for Statistical And Predictive Analysis utilizing Residual vs Fitted Models, Scale Locations and Normal QQ
• Utilized ThoughtSpot to generate and develop search-driven oil and gas analytics for the enterprise. ask questions, analyze data, and build reports and dashboards - all in seconds.
- Business Intelligence Architect at BIRCH RESOURCES
- Business Intelligence Lead (Spotfire, Tableau & PowerBI) at PARSLEY ENERGY
- Senior Business Intelligence Architect at CONOCO PHILLIPS
- Senior BI Architect at KBR
1 year, 1 month at this Job
Architecting ground-up effort to implement a Business Intelligence (BI) capability using MS series of products that include SSRS, SSIS, Power BI, Data gateway, Oracle and SQL Server for the Data Analytics and Integration Support Platform supporting the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Infrastructure.
- Business Intelligence Architect at Favor TechConsulting
- Project Manager at BAE Systems
- Programmer / Analyst at BAE Systems
2 months at this Job
- BA - Mathematics
• Analyzed and conducted financial and material impacts in the integration of Business processes using SAP- ERP. Database Management and Implementation Winter 2018
• Designed and implemented information systems within a database management system environment. Enterprise Systems Configuration Winter 2018
• Managed changes to processes in SAP and configured an Enterprise Resource Planning system to implement business process changes. Customize ERP Solutions Winter 2019
• Customized Enterprise Resource Planning software using programming languages like ABAP, SAP's proprietary language. Business Intelligence Development Winter 2019
• Developed customized business intelligence systems to support data analytics and decision making in modern businesses.
- Business Intelligence Architect at Enterprise Information Systems
- Business Intelligence Architect at Task Force Tips, Inc.
- Provide technical support at Audio Visual Tech
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - International Business & Business Management Information Systems
Domain: Media Project Name: Sports BI Analytics Project Duration: From: February 2018 To: Till date Role/Title: Business Intelligence Architect (Power BI / Tableau) Work Location: New York City, New York Project Description: This project deals with building of data warehouse for Sports finance data and also building the dashboards and reports for business users. This deals with various subject areas of sports media data such as Nielsen Ratings, Affiliate Sales, Ad Sales, Sports Gold, etc., Overall goal of this project is to develop a data warehouse that consists of the sports data from various source systems like Nielsen Ratings, Content Distribution system, Ad Sales, Sports Gold based on EDW standards and generate reports for business out of it Responsibilities: 1. Developed and maintaining more than 15 reports (from simple to complex using Power BI and TABLEAU 2018.2) using Teradata, Azure SQL server, Snowflake and AWS Athena. 2. Published reports to Azure-based Power BI services (Pro) and schedule subscription and various sharing options (workspace and Apps). 3. Expertise in DAX which helps in understanding and analyzing the data. 4. Embed Power BI report using User Owns Data. 5. Submitted white paper to export data more than 30K rows from power BI visual to CSV through power app and Microsoft Flow integration.
- Business Intelligence Architect (Power BI / Tableau) at Capgemini America Inc
- Senior BI Developer at Capgemini America Inc
- Senior BI Developer at iGate Technology Inc
- Senior BI Developer at Cognizant Technology Solutions
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical and Electronics
• Designing data flow and ETL processes for the Data Management Team assigned to the Business Process Management Unit.
• Analyzing data structure of SAP Business Objects environment to recreate reports in MicroStrategy environment.
• Attending daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, spring demos and spring retrospective meetings.
• Analyzing database structure, metadata layer and understand business logic.
• Redesigning metadata layer to use query enhancements of Star schema.
- Business Intelligence Architect at FireTrail - FBI Washington DC
- Senior Software Engineer at NES a CSRA Company/DISA
- Business Objects Developer at TEKsystems
- ETL Developer/Data Warehouse Developer at TWD & Associates
2 months at this Job
* Currently serve as a technical lead in the Data Collections and Support section (formerly Office of Long Term Care Systems) of the Division of Medicaid Services (DMS) * Provide expertise on ETL processes and Business Objects reporting capabilities and provide technical and functional guidance for data mart implementation projects including in requirements gathering * Serve as the lead analyst for the Universal Client ID redesign project and test the likeness of multiple data sets containing millions rows to determine whether the "golden record" is being correctly being identified * Member of a 5-person team that recently initiated a project to formally implement data governance in DMS and will provide a technical voice in the forthcoming Enterprise Data Warehouse procurement and implementation projects * Helped guide the Business Objects software upgrade project and converted several complex Business Objects reports for the Birth to Three program area that utilized Free Hand SQL
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ARCHITECT at Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- VOLUNTEER at Diamond Way Buddhist Centers USA
- BUSINESS LEAD / DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER at DXC Technology
- QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER at RedPrairie
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism