• Provided Business Intelligence Developer services on a contract basis
• Primary data sources were Epic Clarity and multiple external data feeds.
• Functional areas included Professional Billing and Data Extracts
• Technical areas included automation, Crystal Reports, Tableau, SQL Server, SSIS, Slicer Dicer, Caboodle
- Business Intelligence Developer at Acumen Physician Solutions
- Epic Clarity Report Developer (contract) at Kaiser Permanente
- Epic Data Architect/Data Modeler (contract) at Presence Health
- Epic Clarity Report / Data Script Writer (independent contractor) at The Advisory Board Company
4 months at this Job
- Masters - Health Administration
- B.S. - Business Marketing
- - Information Management
SSAS, Visual Studio 2005/2008, SQL Server Profiler
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Crystal Reports
Modeling Tools: MS Project, Visio
Case Tools: Power Designer, ERWin, ER/Studio
SQL Server 2005 - Microsoft Official Courses on SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
PeopleSoft HRMS - People Tools 8.48, SQR, HCM 8.9
SAP - HR/ABAP
Developing Web Applications using Visual Studio.net 2005
Sg2, Skokie, IL July 2010 - Present
Business Intelligence Developer
• Developed SSIS packages for the loading, staging and processing for a large SSAS data warehouse project.
• Designed and Developed DW ETL packages for processing and generating local cubes for analytical support and forecast module.
• Performance tuning of the complex stored procedures using database engine tuning advisor and profiler.
• Developed a number of custom solutions using complex stored procedures.
• MDX scripting for calculated measures.
• Created Cube partitioning and aggregations for better performance.
• Developed SSIS packages for dynamically creating and publishing Tableau reports and Tableau users using web service/WCF services.
• Extensively used VB and C# in SSIS script tasks.
• Designed and Developed cubes from custom database whenever necessary.
- Business Intelligence Developer at Sg2
- Senior SQL Server/BI Developer at Icon Identity Solutions
- Senior Database Developer/Systems Analyst at Icon Identity Solutions
- Database Developer / System Analyst at East Coast Sign Advertising
8 years, 6 months at this Job
• Support and manage Cognos and Tableau Business Intelligence tools
• Develop, train and assist end users
• Create, Update and Troubleshoot deliverables
• Create, assign and manage staff profiles and security access for BI tools
• Assist departments automate business processes using BI tools
• Use SQL Developer to create database accounts and to apply table permissions
• Model data for Cognos data packages and create Tableau extracts
• Document changes and create training manuals
- Business Intelligence Developer at University of Texas at Austin
- Systems Programmer at ECISD
- IT APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR at UTPA
- DATA SPECIALIST at South Texas College
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - MBA - Information Technology Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information Systems
- Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
Major Defense Contractor via Advanced Business Horizons Mar. 2017 – May 2018 Tenable – Included but not limited to the analysis and development of Vulnerability Management. Organizing all incoming security information for potential breaches from machines incoming and outgoing within the organization. Microstrategy: · Daily usage of SQL and Excel to validate and flush out exceptions in data · Documented data discoveries, interacted directly with business team for the most desirable outcome · Implemented view reporting layer to raw data for loading into data-mart · Manipulated data using a composite key to establish a data connection for the visualization to have active and non-active filtering passed · Created aggregate tables to improve project performance due to deficient resources · Developed Microstrategy object consisting of attributes, metrics, filters, reports and Intelligence Cubes · Designed Transaction Documents to append, modify and remove data on the front-end interface · Extensively worked on Document of rolling trends of vulnerabilities with complex user selection capability and granularity of data visualization · Reconfigured URL API to redirect users based on session data to distinct avenues of project Qlik: · Converted and made necessary changes to Tenable project to adapt to a QlikView/Qlik Sense environment · Architected the data model using associations, link tables, resident loads and mapping tables · Worked in depth at the document level using Set Analysis, involving complex expressions to manipulate/aggregate the data FAA Flight (Internal Development) via Advanced Business Horizons May 2018 – Jun. 2018 Microstrategy: · Queried data in Snowflake to validate data consistency · Built metrics to properly aggregate the differences between airlines, airports and locations · Constructed a dashboard displaying the data through diverse visualizations to clarify which factors influenced flight behavior Qlik: · Architected 3 – Tier Hybrid Associative data model for application of flight data from Snowflake Database · Established a bridge table for instances of both originating and departing flight airports down to the lowest granularity · Along with several visualizations, implemented KPI’s using set analysis to display trends and top results Software projects: Twitter API Application (Internal Development) via Advanced Business Horizons Jul. 2018 – Aug. 2018 Python/SQL: · Called Twitter Rest API to pull data as nested JSON · Established Snowflake connection class and database to ingest semi-structured data · Wrote SQL conjointly with arrays and string formatting to structure data with dynamic nested headers Social Networking Application (Internal Development) via Advanced Business Horizons Aug. 2018 – Oct. 2018 Python/CSS/HTML: · Used Python’s Flask Framework in combination SQLAlchemy to establish an application with a Snowflake Database · Scripted user capability including user login/register, editing and viewing user profiles, and posting information · Used CSS/HTML to give application distinct appearance and framework Database Migration Tool (Internal Development) via Advanced Business Horizons Nov. 2018 – Present Python/SQL: · Connect to Oracle database API to filter table data based on user slicing criteria · Query and store table DDL for conversion of initial table into new database table · Store data values from pandas data frame into CSV and load CSV into Amazon S3 using boto3 · Import files into snowflake table using COPY INTO with updated snowflake datatypes Weather Data Ingestion (Internal Development) via Advanced Business Horizons Dec. 2018 – Present Python/SQL: · Make request to NOAA API to gather daily weather data statistics and store into CSV files in S3 using boto3 · Retrieve weather station zip code from latitude and longitude using python zip code package · Iterate through weather station geography data frame to insert zip code for each station · Merge weather data and weather station pandas data frames based on join of station ID and load to CSV · Establish connection to snowflake database and import CSV files into weather data table
- Business Intelligence Developer at Advanced Business Horizons
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
Senior Business Intelligence Developer - SQL Server BI Product Stack - I have over 20 years of experience as a database / business intelligence and .NET application developer, building BI and data management solutions. Most core skills are with building solutions for executive and financial management, sales management and global customer metrics. My experience involves the SQL Server Business Intelligence product stack, including the database engine, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS. In addition, I have significant BI development experience using Business Objects (Crystal Reports) and Oracle BI solutions. I have significant .NET development experience, mostly VB.NET and C# .NET web solutions.
The Hartford Insurance Group, Charlotte, NC - FTE 1/2018 - Present
Business Intelligence Consultant
• Level 2 escalation production support for internally developed reporting tool.
• Extensive development and maintenance of SSIS packages, Stored Procedures and Jobs
• Developed tools for my Team with MTVs and SQL metadata.
• Maintain primary SSAS cube.
- Senior Business Intelligence Developer at The Hartford Insurance Group
- Developer - Contractor at Wells Fargo Bank
- Developer - Contractor at Wells Fargo Bank
- Senior Business Intelligence Developer - Contractor at Microsoft Corporation
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Experimental Psychology
St. Louis, MO, March 2016 - Present
Business Systems Analyst II - Business Intelligence Developer
➢ Coding SQL Server scripts for file processing, troubleshooting, and break/fix
➢ Writing data cleansing scripts involving stored procedures, case statements, joins, if statements, views, and variables.
➢ Building, testing, and deploying SSIS projects and packages for data transformation, loading, emailing and archiving files for Medicaid Eligibility and other health care clients
➢ Performing new client file GAP Analysis (new client file mapping) for ETL implementation
➢ Designing data warehouse architecture to migrate client current ETL to SSIS ETL
➢ Programming Python applications to automate ETL development processes.
➢ Generating file failure metrics with Tableau
➢ Utilizing AGILE methodology for new client ETL implementation
➢ Designing and promoting process improvement and enhancement tools such as Professional Development Guide currently being utilized by senior management and others
➢ Client file monitoring and management with SQL Server
➢ Producing formal documentation and tutorials for file monitoring and ETL troubleshooting
- Business Systems Analyst II - Business Intelligence Developer at HealthCare Corp of America
- Front End Specialist, Configurations at Freedom Health
- Program Specialist at Fairfax Hospital
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- MS - Organizational Development
- MA - Counseling
- BA - Organizational Management
• Effectively interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
• Business Intelligence Developer work with various teams within the company to establish priorities and manage expectations with regards to the collection, review and deployment of data.
• Working Under Product Owner in providing end to end BI solution by configuring metadata and building Analytics Repository, dimensional modeling design, building business models, generating reports and creating dashboards.
• Providing Product Support for the existing Business Intelligence Model, also responsible for Migrating this Model into Cloud Environment.
• supporting the migration from legacy system to new platform
• Old platform: SQL server 2008, 2014, business objects
• New platform: AWS, snowflake and tableau
• Developing schemas in snowflake for Data workflows and customized real-time Power Exchange workflows.
• Working with business analyst for requirement gathering, business analysis and testing and project- coordination using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, scenarios and workflow analysis.
• Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management With services like S3 and Data Pipelines.
• Created and maintained the Shell Scripts and Parameter files in PUTTY for the proper execution of Automated Scripts workflows in Snowflake environment.
• Created and maintained the user defined functions in Snowflake Data Warehouse using the Java Script and Python.
• Creating Unit test plans and did unit testing using different scenarios separately for every process. Involved in System test, Regression test & supported the UAT for the client.
• Performing ETL & database code migrations across environments.
• Creating the Detail Design Documents which have the ETL technical specifications for the given functionality, overall process flow for each process, Flow diagrams, Mapping spreadsheets, issues.
• Co-ordinate with business users in all design, development and testing tasks
• Closely work with business users to troubleshooting and resolve the software environment, user maintenance and deliverable related issues in all DEV/UAT/PROD environment
• Provide production system support and handles prod issues.
• Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
• Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps from SSRS.
• Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's
• Maintain Project Plans, time lines and deadlines and deliverables
• Set up the weekly/daily/on demand business meeting and co-ordination to maintain communication gap between business users and technology Environment: Snowflake, Matillion, Tableau Desktop, Tableau server, Alteryx, Excel, SQL Server management studio, MS SQL Server 2008R2, SSIS, AWS (S3&Data Pipelines), Python Shell Scripting, Sap Business Objects, Stored Procedures, Pl/sql.
- Tableau /Business Intelligence Developer at CONVERSE
- Business Intelligence Developer at HOUSTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Business Intelligence Analyst/ETL Developer at PRESS GANEY
- SQL/ Tableau Developer at EMC CO
11 months at this Job
Netclearance is an IOT leader that provides smart city and workplace management solutions. Mr. Onyango was contracted by Netclearance to develop Power BI dashboards from IOT data.
• Data warehouse design and architecture from IOT data.
• Development Azure stream analytics.
• Develop Power BI reports to present different metrics to users. Business/Technology Value
• The project delivered a cloud solution that enabled clients to track device and people across the facility. End users were presented with intuitive power BI dashboards. CLIENT: Checkmate Checkmate is a saas company that provides order reporting from third party restaurant customers e.g. Ubereats. Mr. Onyango was contracted by checkmate to prepare a data warehouse and reports/ dashboards in power BI. Responsibilities:
• Data warehouse design and architecture.
• Power BI reports/ dashboards development.
• Power BI gateway setup to ensure refresh. CLIENT: Marketing Company - Time2Market. Time2Market is a leading marketing data company. T2M was part of the team contracted to undertake a huge data migration and reporting project for a large insurance company in Texas. Mr. Onyango took part in the integration project and also developed the required reports for management decision making. Responsibilities:
• Data warehouse design and architecture.
• Azure data management.
• ETL and Data warehouse design and development - SQL Server, SSIS.
• Reports and dashboards development - Power BI Business/Technology Value
• The new data warehouse normalized and brought together data from multiple systems. This enable faster analysis of the portfolio clients and also enable for a unified platform of operation. CLIENT: Firestats LLC. Firestats LLC is a leading Carlifornia fire and response software development company. Mr. Onyango consulted for Firestats LLC as a lead architect, designing and developing the data warehouse and tableau reports. Responsibilities:
• Data warehouse design and architecture.
• Development of tableau reports.
• ETL from client source systems to data warehouse. Business/Technology Value
• The solution was a saas platform that provided a multi-tenant environment for users. This enabled the company to reduce its costs and that was easily passed on to the clients. CLIENT: Major Retail Company - Colorado Timberline. Colorado Timberline is a leading printing company, providing services to other corporate companies including shutterfly, Cafepress, Kodak and more. Mr. Onyango was part of the team contracted by Colorado Timberline to streamline its data flow and reconciliation processes. The company was struggling to manage order records coming in the thousands every day, figuring out where an order was in the floor and ensuring that client SLAs were not breached. Responsibilities:
• Project design and architecture.
• Front end application development - C#.
• ETL and Data warehouse design and development - SQL Server, SSIS.
• SSRS development - SharePoint deployment of reports. Business/Technology Value
• The new data warehouse and automated reconciliation reports saved the company thousands of dollars in man hours. Reconciliation efforts that would take several staff members' days to perform are now automated. CLIENT: Cloud Hosting Company - Denovo Ventures LLC Denovo Ventures is a leader in cloud solutions, providing its clients with efficient hosting services and other cloud based infrastructure. Denovo delivers its services with the help of several other third party management systems like Manage Engine and N-able. All these information sits in disparate data sources. To provide a holistic view of its customer processes and performance delivery, it was imperative that Denovo integrates its data and provide insight and intelligence. Godwill helped spearhead the Business Intelligence initiative at Denovo. Responsibilities:
• Project requirements definition, planning and scoping.
• Stakeholder education and information to achieve buy-in into the BI project.
• Data warehouse, ETL and reporting design and development efforts - PostgreSql, SQL Server, Talend, Crystal reports.
• Data clean-up efforts and master data management. Business/Technology Value
• Introduce business intelligence to the company and enable them integrate disparate data sources to achieve a centralized data store for analytics. Provide reporting and analysis capabilities to the business. Other Responsibilities at Pathways International:
• Project scoping and resource management - coordinating both onsite and offshore resources.
• ETL development, reports development and Data warehouse design.
• Provide guidance to developers on the SQL server 2005/ 2008/ 2012 data warehouse and SSIS tasks.
• BI development - ETL, reports, dashboards, data warehousing.
• Clients - North Weld County Water District, North Colorado Health Association, CTAP LLC. Triptiva Inc, Colorado Timberline, Best Time Entertainment, Denovo LLC
- Business Intelligence Developer Developer at Pathways International LLC
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associates - Computer Information Systems
Responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions including database integration, data models, reports and custom applications. Major responsibility is design, development and implementation of new enterprise data warehouse.
- Business Intelligence Developer at Empower Federal Credit Union
- Progammer Analyst at Lifetime Benefit Solutions
- Information Technology Analyst at Syracuse University
- Information Systems Coordinator at East Syracuse-Minoa School District
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MS - Elementary Education
- BS - Elementary Education
- A.S. - Math/Science
Implemented Oracle Business Intelligence to manage K12 Schools data and to support Business Executives in taking quick decisions. The objective is to extract data stored in different databases such as Oracle, SAP, SQL Server & Main Frames and to load finally into the data warehouse repository, which is in Oracle and build interactive reports. Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of data models. Created and implemented BI Publisher reports for different area using K12 Schools data.
• Involved in analysis, requirements gathering, function/technical specifications, development, deploying and testing.
• Designed Star schema for fact & dimensional tables and created alias for the dimensional tables when necessary.
• Developed Physical Layer, Business Model & Mapping and Presentation Layer using Oracle Business Intelligence Administration Tool.
• Specified dimensional hierarchy, aggregate levels for the dimensions.
• Developed different brand level Reports, Filters, and Prompts using Oracle Business Intelligence Answers.
• Created various reports to fulfill the staff needs and customized the views using Oracle BI Answers.
• Designed and Configured Intelligent Dashboards in Analytics for different groups of users.
• Used Analytics Web Catalog to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges.
• Created iBots to alert the Marketing team about business changes.
• Designing data warehouse to support RPD schemas.
• Administration of Siebel Analytics/Oracle Business Intelligence repository.
• Reports development/customization with prompts and various types of pivot tables.
• Communicating with client to understand/clarify requirements and suggest enhancements.
• Extensive SQL coding for data verification.
• Customizing latest oracle data warehouse to meet metadata design requirements.
• As per the requirements, created and implemented BI Publisher reports for different area like K12 Students, Curriculum, Benchmarks, FCAT, Student Behavior, HR Attendance, HR Staff and Discipline. Environment: Oracle BIEE 10.1.3.3.2/3.3.3/3.4.1/11g, XML/BI Publisher, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle 11i/10g, SQL Developer, Unix, K Shell Scripts, MS-Excel, MS- Word,
- Senior Oracle Business Intelligence Developer at Orange County Public School
- Senior Siebel Analytics Developer at Cisco Systems
- Siebel Analytics Developer at Freightliner, OR
- Oracle Developer at DL Informatique Sdn Bhd
11 years at this Job
- BE - Computer Science