Project: Regression Environment Build for DR
Environment: SAP BO4.0 Sp5, BO Explorer4.0 Sp5, BOXI3.1, BO Explorer3.1, SAP BI7.3, SAP ECC6, SQL Server 2008
• Build Regression environment to handle disaster recovery for existing BOXI3.1 and BO4.0 Production Environments that includes Pre-installation, Installation process, server configuration, clustering and security implementation
• Installed and configured SAPBO4.0 Sp4 Server, Client Tools, Crystal reports 2011 and BO Explorer4.0 on windows 2008 in regression environment
• Applied SP5 Patch2 on Enterprise Servers, Client tools, BO ExplorerSp4 and Crystal Reports 2011 and tested fixed issues
• Validated the installation of Business Objects 4.0 and Integrated with the SAP BW7.0
• Worked on Load Balancer Cluster, to distribute the request load equally between all the CMS servers and knowledge on the FAIL OVER functionality
• Distributed and Split BO Servers to maintain the load for better performance
• As per the security Implementation, Working with the security team in identifying and importing User groups from SAP BI7 to BO4.0
• Implemented User Level, Object Level and Data Level Security to appropriate Business Objects groups
• Implemented SSO between BO and SAP Systems
• Configured Windows AD Authentication
• Replicated existing BOXI3.1, BO4.0 Production Content, Universes, Webi and Deski Reports in newly designed Regression Environment for disaster recovery and tested fixed issues
• Served as a single point of contact for technical issues
• Worked with SAP Technical Support to troubleshoot various Deployment and performance issues
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Administrator at Kraft Foods
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Administrator/Business Objects Developer at Lawson Products
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Developer at Alcatel Lucent
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Administrator/Business Objects Developer at Alcatel Lucent
5 years, 11 months at this Job
• 4.2 Upgrade POC
• 360Suite POC
• Production Environment - SAP/BO Enterprise 4.1 SP 3
• Linux Redhat 6.x
• Evaluating, Scaling and Creating Enterprise Architecture Environments - Virtual Servers
• Server installations and configurations ◦ Dev, Test, Prod
• Installed SP's and FP's
• Configured application Servers by splitting up APS to create a stable VM Server/Cluster and manage resources efficiently
• Configured and maintained Enterprise security model
• Configured and maintained enterprise users
• Configured destinations for report delivery
• Configured auditing DB
• Troubleshooting of issues involving Enterprise, Crystal Reports, WebI and Universes
• Communication with BO Sales, Licensing, and Technical Support representatives
• Support business users with issues concerning Enterprise, Crystal Reports, WebI and Universes - .unv and .unx Reports
• Created audit reports used by the Admin team as well as the reporting team.
• Created a POC using 360 Suite to fill in the gaps where BOE lacks
• Assisted reporting team with creating and modifying universes in UDT, IDT as well as WebI and Crystal Reports
• Reports are delivered to users through LaunchPad, Infoburst, and email Documentation
• Create business specific help files for users based
• Create 'Knowledge Base' documentation based on business specific issues
• Create test scenarios and scripts when needed Database Oracle 11g
- Lead Business Objects Administrator/Developer at Rent-A-Center Inc
- Team Lead/Manager at Epsilon
- Lead Developer/Administrator at
- Lead SAP/BO Enterprise Administrator/Crystal Developer/SSRS at DR Horton
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Industrial Design
· Created and modified Business Objects documents and Universes. · Created special documents with unusual formatting and features to illustrate advanced Business Objects reports capabilities and flexibility. · Used Webi, Rich Client, UDT, IDT, CMC, Teradata SQL Assistant, MS Office, and MS Visual Studio. · Led a data migration team in moving data with Informatica from SQL Server, DB2, and mainframe IMS to the Teradata data warehouse. · Completed 6 month project on time and without any data errors found in UAT testing. · Devised means of moving IMS data to a relational database without the special and expensive tools usually employed. · Much reverse engineering was used. Resolved issues with “occurs”, “occurs depending on”, and compressed data formats. · Assisted in the upgrade of Business Objects system from 4.1 to 4.2. · Performed compatibility testing, found and reported 4.2 (SAP Business Objects) bugs, and tested present reports and universes. · Explored new functionality including GeoMaps, Shared Elements, and PageInSection. · Developed annotated examples for other BO report writers and listed administrative issues with the new functionality.
- Business Objects Architect, Business Objects Administrator Assistant, Project Leader at Illinois Department of Health and Family Services – Optum Consulting
- Business Objects Architect at Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC)
- Business Objects Architect and Technical Consultant at Ferrara Candy Company
- Senior Business Objects Consultant at Tyson Foods
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Successfully managed a 30,000 plus user system on Business Objects software for a Global SAP Reporting System. - Architected, installed, implemented, & optimized a 20 server Business Objects 3.1 system from scratch in 3 months. - Oversaw SAPBI system that included 6 environments: Training, Sandbox, Development, Test, Quality, and Production. - Migrated the entire system from Physical Servers to VM Servers with less than 4 hours down time per environment. - Upgraded the system to SAPBI Business Objects 4.1, then again to 4.2 with minimum disruption to the business. - Designed and built Production and QA environments in a classic BO cluster for high availability, redundancy, & fail-over. - Set up RFC connections to SAPBI message server for faster user access and data transfer including SNC and STS. - Reduced administration overhead by defining naming conventions for folders and groups based on SAPBI roles. - Enforced security using folder-level access in BOBJ and row-level access in SAPBI on top of Single Sign On, SSO. - Assigned access to all objects in all environments based on groups to minimize administrative maintenance. - Built and maintained over 500 Universes based on SAPBI BEx Queries and relational databases using UDT and IDT. - Eliminated 2 head counts by writing VBA routine with SDK that changed dates on prompted scheduled reports daily. - Designed, implemented, and maintained global report scheduling for over 300 daily high-level corporate reports. - Developed VBScripts to convert 150 Webi reports into tilde delimited text facilitating FTP to EDI for external delivery. - Overcame a BO software deficiency by automating exception email notifications for scheduled report failure reporting. - Used SDK with Excel VBA to create auditing and compliance reports that pulled metadata from the CMS repository. - Created and generated power-user training videos with local universe content for a system migration to SAPBI 4.2. - Maintained the highest level of service for all operations, reporting requirements, and service level agreements.
- Senior Business Objects System Administrator - SAP Global at INGRAM MICRO
- Sr. Programmer Analyst, Administrator, Developer - Data Analytics & Reporting at CITI RESIDENTIAL LENDING
- BOBJ Programmer, Developer, Administrator - Enterprise Analytics at AMERIQUEST MORTGAGE COMPANY
- Senior Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst –Workplace Resources at CISCO SYSTEMS
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Data Processing / Computer Sciences - Advanced Certificate in Data Processing with High Honors (4.0)
Business Objects Developer & Administrator
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Successfully managed and coordinated with onsite and Offshore teams.
• Performed server administration for Dev, Test and Prod server. Duties included managing user accesses / Access level, Promotion management, management / creation of schedules and events, object and folder security, server patching and upgrades.
• Worked on implementation of Quality Assurance procedures for UAT and regression testing.
• Worked with different Database systems for Operational and Analytical reporting.
• Created reports using formulas fields, parameter fields, Group selection, record selection, and Crystal syntax in complex Crystal reports for different Business groups (Mortgage, Finance, Card, Loans).
• Created report templates for the standardization of reports and maintained the center of excellence and defined best practices.
• Created POCs for Credit Card market Trend and Mortgage default risk dashboards in Tibco Spotfire and Tableau
• Used ServiceNow to track progress on incidents and enhancement and to prioritize tickets by creating and monitoring tasks assigned to incidents and Change Requests.
• Logged in Tickets with SAP support for complex queries and helped resolved issues arising due to Bugs after the upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2
• Created a universe on top of the Enterprise Data Warehouse that utilized conformed dimensions, well defined contexts, parameters and hierarchies to provide drill up and drill down capabilities.
• Created innovative reports Webi Reports that provided visual analysis using element linking and innovative use of input controls for dynamic visibility.
• Scheduled reports to email and file systems and created file and scheduling events on CMC to trigger the report schedules.
• Replicated and enhanced Business reports previously being generated from legacy systems: used Enterprise Data Warehouse universe to create enhanced dashboard reports that provided and more simpler and visual analysis
• Created complex custom queries and stored procedures to be consumed in reports and by web services for internal use or to feed third party systems. Environment: BOE 4.0/4.2, SQL Server 2012, Oracle 10g, Tableau, Power BI, Agile methodology, ServiceNow
- SAP Business Objects Administrator & Developer at Bank of Hawaii, HI
- Business Objects Developer & Administrator at Cerner, KS
- Business Object Developer at M&T Bank, Paramus - NJ
- Sales & Marketing Analyst and Business Objects Developer at Max New York Life Insurance
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Business Administration
MDCHESSIE Project is Implemented on behalf of Maryland Department of Human Resources by Xerox for Social Services Information Exchange of all foster children in the state. This project involves collecting and sorting records of education, health, adoption data of child in order to provide Static (Crystal/WebI) and Dynamic (Ad-Hoc) reports of Financial/Case Management for analysis and critical decisions.
• Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, system analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution and prepare function specification document.
• Involved in gathering requirements from the users, creating spec and layout of the report
• Extensively worked on DeskI and WebI Reports for Ad-hoc requirements and also worked on the functionality to reduce the number of reports needed to a minimum.
• Installed and configured Business Objects 4.1 SP2/SP3/SP4 with Apache Tomcat and IIS as web and app servers on window servers and performed a migration from Business Objects XIR2 and XIR3 across all the 4 environments (DEV/ST/UAT/PROD).
• Migrated Universes and WebI/Crystal reports along with security to 4.1/XI 3.1 from earlier versions using Upgrade Management Tool.
• Implemented security using Active Directory groups in Crystal Enterprise/Business Objects 4.1 and assigned rights to the groups for providing access to the folders for various departments.
• Expertise in working with Business Objects (4.x/XI 3.1/XIR2) modules like Designer, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, CMC, CCM, CMS, IDT and Crystal Reports
• Setup/Implemented Privileges/Security for SAP BO Applications, and content as per Best Practices to ensure maintenance is low
• Created the workflow from multiple source systems to reporting by creating the ETL jobs which loads data into Data ware house and then by creating the file based events which will kick off the reports which will be scheduled and sent to users Inboxes
• Strong Analytics/Data warehouse experience using SAP Business Objects Data Services/ Data Integrator
• Worked with networking team to troubleshoot the firewall/port issues involved in providing network communication between different servers and developer's workstations.
• Applied security features of Business Objects like row level, report level & object level security in the universe to make the sensitive data secure.
• Designed, Developed and Scheduled Various Crystal and WebI reports using universes and promoted across environments to meet Ad-hoc requirement.
• Served as highest level technical resource for on-call support for BO 4.1/3.1/XIR2.
• Designed and maintained complex Universes, resolved loops by creating aliases and contexts.
• Scheduled reports using Events for Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Scheduling of the reports.
• Designed and developed Crystal Reports such as Parameterized Reports, Cross tab Reports based on base tables, views, involving Formulas, Sub Totals, Running Totals, and Sub Reports using universes and freehand SQL.
• Developed various types of Charts and Graphs like Bar Chart (Side by Side, Stacked), Line Graphs, Pie Charts, etc. by using Chart expert of Crystal Reports.
• Created reports that show various calculated values like OCC index, ADR index and RevPAR index, along with % changes compared to last year, for the time periods like Last month, YTD (Year to Date), Running 3 months and running 12 months.
• Extensively involved in using Formula fields, parameter Fields, Group Selection and Record Selection in Crystal Reports.
• Modify the existing reports by adding new logic and deleting existing logic as the line of Business changes periodically.
• Completed six training documentation for 15,000 end users two weeks before deadline.
• Strong experience in T-SQL/PL-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers and functions. Environment: Business objects 4.1/4.0/ 3.1, IDT, UDT, Crystal 2013/X1R2, Info View, Business Objects Designer, BO Web Intelligence 3.1, Crystal Info View XI R2, DB2, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, Windows Server2012R2/Server 2003.
- Business Objects Administrator/ Developer at Maryland Dept. of Human Resources
- Administrator/ Developer at Business Objects
- Business Objects Consultant at Capital One
- Designer at SAP Business Objects BI
1 year, 2 months at this Job
10-2018 to Current ◆ Install Business Objects 4.2 ◆ Migrate objects from Business Objects 3.1 Environment ◆ Create test plan and test/fix universes, webi reports, data source, permissions/securities ◆ Brand Business Objects Launch Pad with state logos.
- at Business Objects
- Developer/ Admin- Amerihealth Administrators at Business Objects
- Lead Crystal Report Developer at UPenn Dental School
- Admin/ Developer at Business Objects
3 months at this Job
- P, G - L and Materials Management
Client: Kaiser Permanente * Installation and upgrading BO server with new version of software (Business Objects). * Install 360 Suite products such 360eyes, 360R4, 360Live and 360Plus on Business Object Environment * Creating additional users and groups in multiple business objects environments. * Assigning rights in multiple business objects environments. * Daily monitoring servers/systems and respond quickly to alerts. * Creating Project Plan and Operational Support document for Business Objects/ESRI ArcGIS Platform * Primary responsibilities included migrating reports, validating functionality, and addressing issues in report * Administer all aspects of ArcGIS Server, Portal including Upgrade, Patching, performance monitoring and tuning, service configuration, security and licensing * ArcGIS User setup using python script. * Health check of SAP BI 4.x0/4.2 environments - Tools usage, potential opportunities to increase end user adoption, current usage, Platform stability, best practices. Administer SAP BI landscape - Resolve production related to SSO. * Implement patches and other day-to-day Business Objects administration tasks including creating folders/reports/users and migrating reports/folders/users from Dev to QA to Production * Work with IT and business users to resolve support and technical questions. * Monitoring in Windows 2008 R2/Windows 2012 R2 server administration. * Resolve Business Objects software related issues on end user computers. * Respond to and resolve assigned any tickets on Business Objects issues in BI 4.1/4.2 production, test and development environments within defined SLA's. * Technical problem resolution for all technology related issues with the BO environments, including trouble shooting server errors and utilizing management console for monitoring, requesting start and stop servers as required from infrastructure team. * Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. * Migration of report, universe and folders from one server to another or one environment to another using promotion management. * Design and implement security by creating of user groups, granting access to BOE applications to users and adding security restrictions (application level, folder level and object level) based on user profile and user groups. * Create access levels (interactive, adhoc, power) based on project needs. Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Environment: SAP BO BI 4.2/4.1, 360, ArcGIS 10.4/10.6.1, Crystal Reports 2016, Oracle 11g, Exadata, SQL Server 2008/2012, Universe Designer/Information Design Tool, Web Intelligence, BI Launchpad, CMC, Windows 2008/2012 Server
- Senior Business Objects/GIS Consultant at Spotline Inc
- Senior Business Intelligence Administrator at Deloitte
- Senior Business Objects Administrator at Calliduscloud
- Architect at Wipro Limited
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics - Electrical and Electronics
Project Description: The client is a leading retailer in the area of fine jewelry, fragrances and accessories. The Retail foundation project is an ongoing effort to implement the Enterprise data hub on cloud combining all EDW and various Pos data. This phase of the project involves the Inventory and Sales Auditing information being added to the hub for Asia region. Roles and Responsibilities: - As a BI Consultant, the daily duties involve, design and development of a dozen reports on Business Objects - Work closely with the Business Analysts to understand the functional requirements to technical specifications - Design enhancements to the existing universes - add new tables, include complex joins, build aliases and contexts, create new objects - Work with the Admins to implement row level security - Perform extensive unit testing and documenting results, work with QA team to resolve SIT issues and UAT defects. - Create a detail training manual for users across globe and provide training on the new reports. - Build and test Tableau dashboards using Tableau 10.1. Used features of Group/Sets, Action filters, Geo Maps, Parameters, Table calculations etc Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.1, AWS RedShift & Tableau 10.1
- BI Analyst/Developer at Business Objects
- BI Developer/Analyst at Benjamin Moore & Co
- BI Analyst Developer - WEBI and Tableau at SAPA HANA Studio
- BI Data Analyst at MUFG - Union Bank
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - Computer Science
Technology Used Tableau 2018.x / 10.x, Teradata 11, Oracle 11, SQL Server
Brief The project involved on planning and support of tableau server 10.x & Tableau 2018.x
• Designed the architecture for scalability / load balancing with high availability
• Involved in sizing / installation / configuration / upgrades / support of Tableau servers
• Worked with other system architects to troubleshoot and tune tableau server performance issues for the heavy loads of peak data usage situations.
• Worked as a go-to person in creating the dashboards / visualizations by interacting with the business users.
• Installed and deployed the Tableau distributed services on AWS Cloud and Linux platforms.
• Troubleshooted the production tableau servers issues on amazon EC2 & Linux OS.
• Involved in setting up the tableau security by creating various groups in the tableau platform
• Scaled up the environment whenever there is more demand for a greater number of cores on the server and memory to speed up the tableau performance.
• Installed / configured Tableau on Tableau with RedShift, Hadoop and Cloud data platforms
• Worked with DBA's to create the backend Datamarts / summarized tables to improve the tableau response times
• Involved in integrating tableau with R to create the visualizations.
• Greatly enhanced the overall productivity if business users by leading Adhoc services team which supports the self-serve business teams by being the go-to person for tableau, data redundancy, high level analytics, Teradata query optimization, performance turning.
• Achieved the reduction of maintenance cost by optimizing the existing environments by developing usage dashboards for business and IT leadership in tableau which provided them insight into the usage patterns of application by the Analysts/user.
• Partnered with the infrastructure team (DBA / Windows team) and projected the growth forecast of the tableau server by analyzing the usage, CPU utilizations patterns and developed multiple tableau applications with advanced visualizations.
• Led a team of multiple developers and contractors for multiple projects and played a major role in collaborating with different teams and helped delivery of projects on time and on budget.
• Upgraded the Tableau environment from 9.3 -> 10.3->10.5.1
• Installed Tableau in Multi-node and Enterprise Deployments
• Connected Tableau Desktop with SQL to extract data from stored procedures and custom SQL to plan refresh timings and publish to tableau server
• Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
• Worked extensively with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
• Worked extensively with Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views.
• Implemented the Proactive Tableau Environment Health Checks and Performance Threshold Alerting using third party tools Interworks and inbuilt TabMon tool
• Implemented SSO/SSL/SAML on QA and Prod & Ugraded of Tableau server 9.3 -> 10.0
• Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
• Review Vendors Status Reports with Project Team and created visualization for budget forecasting.
• Worked on Performance tuning of report with huge queries using concurrent query execution for better performance. Project County Reporting
- Sr. Tableau & Business Objects Architect/ Administrator at Prime Therapeutics, Minneapolis
- Sr. Tableau & Business Objects Architect / Admin at Fairfax County Government
- Sr. Tableau / Business Objects Architect / Administrator at Medtronic, Inc
- Sr. Tableau Architect / Administrator at University of Chicago
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- M Sc - Computer Engineering
- B Sc - Electronics and Communications