Short Term Contract
• Migrated BO 5.0 Deski reports to XI 3.1
• Installed new installation of BO 4.0, set new connections to SQL 2008 warehouse.
• Conversion and migration of Deski XI3.1 to Webi with promotion to Business Objects 4.0 for testing and QA.
- Business Objects Administrator at Steven Douglas Associates
- Sr. Reports/Programming Analyst / Business Objects Administrator at Tractor Supply Company
- Lead Universe Development at Health Insurance
- Senior Programmer Analyst - IT Reporting Applications at Verizon Wireless
3 months at this Job
* Involved in the Full life cycle of Business Objects reporting Application from requirements gathering design, development, and deployment of Reports, Universes and SQL codes. * Developed and maintained multiple universes using the Information/ Universe Design Tool, including universes based on multiple data sources using Information Design Tool. * Expert in working/ creating universes and reports based on OLTP data sources which are also normalized. Used Universe to pivot rows to columns when needed or created flattened tables using ETL process. * Created complex reports using cascading prompts, variables, calculation contexts, complex queries, subqueries, Unions, and Intersection. * Strong Business Objects BI administration skills with complete support from installation through production maintenance. * Created complex folder/ user level security per business requirements, users, groups, access levels, explicit/ implicit rights to objects, applications. * Migrated content across environments (over 2000 jobs) using Life Cycle Management Tool (LCM), Upgrade Management Tool (UMT). * Created Dashboards and Stories with Tableau using Drilldown and Hierarchies, Sorting, Grouping, Sets, Filters, Parameters, Trend, Reference lines, and Maps * Analyzed OLAP (Cube) data sources using Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX). * Used variety of Calculations including Aggregate, Date, Logic, Number, String, Type, Level Of Detail (LOD) Expressions. * Built Visualizations, Composed, Published and Shared Stories using SAP Lumira. Edited and Cleansed datasets for Visualizations from sources like Excel, CSV, Business Objects Universes, Free Hand SQL. Created Measures, Time/ Geographical/ Custom Hierarchies, Sort, Rank, Filters, etc. Published Datasets to Explorer, SAP BI Platform and set schedules. * Designed Information Spaces based on universe and excel spreadsheet. Configured Information Space based on time-based data, geographical data, Scheduled Indexing and search for data. Sort and rank data, created calculated measures, bookmarks, and export data. * Developed complex SQL scripts to support business requirements and convert them to dimension and aggregate tables using Business Objects Data Services (BODS). * Coordinated with offshore team for POC for creating standard reports to external clients using Business Objects SDK (Restful web services). * Sized and configured the Windows Server for optimum performance of Explorer. Environment: SAP BO BI 4.0 (SP4/SP6/Feature Pack 1 &3), Central Management Console (CMC), Universe Design Tool, Information Design Tool, Web Intelligence, BI Launchpad, Dashboard Design, Explorer 4.0, Lumira, Crystal Reports 2011/2013, Crystal Reports for Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2/ 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2008, HP MetaVance, Oracle Revenue and Billing Management (RMB), MACESS, Jira, Oracle 11G R2, BODS XI 3.1/4.2, BODS Designer, SAP BI Platform Support Tool.
- Business Objects Administrator/ Developer Sr at Delta Dental
- Sr. Business Objects Report Developer at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Business Objects Developer/Admin at Ferro Corporation
- Business Objects Developer at Knights of Columbus
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.TECH - Mechanical Engineering
• Business Objects Administrator
• Java application Support
• Assistant Citrix administrator
• Client desktop support on request
- Database Administrator at Invision Inc
- Solution Center Engineer II at The Weather Channel
- BusinessObjects Administrator at Invision Inc
- SMS Administrator at The Weather Channel
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Meteorology
Business Objects Administrator Responsibilities
• Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, developments and maintenance of Business Intelligence systems, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes, Visualizations and Reports.
• Identified and road mapped the Business Requirements (functional & technical) with the Business users, which acted as a base for the project initiation and implementation.
• Installed and configured Business Objects XIR2 and Tomcat servers.
• Implemented single sign on for enterprise users using WindowsAD with Kerberos and Vintela; Configured custom security architecture using access levels for Developers and Power Users.
• Expertise in Resolving the Daily issues in the Daily doc Production Environment.
• Extensively worked with servers and server configurations and on distributed servers.
• Worked with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
• Created repository and security domain with user groups and security implementation multilevel hierarchies are set up enabling the drill down functionality and created Derived Tables.
• In a multi-server environment, implemented load balancing efficiently across multiple machines greatly enhances scalability and end-user response time.
• Scheduling and publishing reports onto WEBI to different destinations
• Trained end users in understanding the reports. Functionalities such as Slice and Dice, Prompt, Drill mode were used for Multidimensional Formatting.
• Tuned Report Performance by creating objects and rewriting the SQL for the report variables at the universe level.
• Implemented java SDK's to improve the performance.
• Expertise in using Import Wizard for taking backups of the universes to BIAR file and migrating the Universes and Reports between different environments like Dev, QA and Production.
• Worked with installations and up gradations in the versions within the project and worked on CCM.
• Installed and Configured BO Software on client machines and created User groups and users for PROD, DEV and TEST environments.
• Providing user support and training in using Report Designer for creating Ad-Hoc reports. Environment: Business Objects XI R2, 3.1, (CMC, CCM, Upgrade Management Tool, Universe Designer, Web Intelligence Rich Client, Import Wizard, Publishing Wizard), InfoView, Windows 2003 R2/ 2008, Oracle 10g, MS SQL 2005
- Business Objects Developer at State Govt of Michigan
- Business Objects Developer at Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Business Objects Developer at Hewlett Packard, CA
- at Business Objects
5 years, 5 months at this Job
Duration August 2018 - Until date
Role Sr. SAP Business Objects / Tableau Architect/ Administrator
Technology used SAP Business Objects R4.2 SP5/SP4 and R3.1 SP7, SAP BO data services 4.2, Teradata 11, Oracle 11, SQL Server
Brief The project involved Analysis and POC to migrate Business Objects 3.1 to 4.2
• Planed & upgraded the tableau versions and troubleshooted the issues during migrations
• Installed the drivers & Work with Database teams / DBA's to set up the connectivity to the backend databases.
• Set up connectivity to the Cloudera Impala and tune the connectivity by setting up different queues before the connections are established.
• Worked on resolving multiple issues during the refresh failures
• Resolved the multiple issues during the publishing the extracts & workbooks
• Set up the tableau repository and built custom views to monitor the server usage
• Supported the users / developers on the day-to- day issues in multiple sites in Tableau server
• Lead the L3/ L2 teams to establish the best practices / guidelines for extracts / workbooks and governing controls around tableau server proactively to mitigate the risks
• Worked as a single point of contact for any production / critical outages in tableau.
• Worked with Business Objects collaboration with Tableau to create the Business Objects universe & reports against the tableau repository.
• Worked with Tableau premium support to resolve the P1 issues
• Set up Load balancer / Kerberos SSO / SSL / SMTP / configuration for tableau
• Worked on configuring Primary / worker nodes, file stores, backgrounders to tune the server performance Project Vendor Management
- Sr. SAP Business Objects / Tableau Architect/ Administrator at Country Financial
- Sr. Tableau & Business Objects Architect/ Administrator at Prime Therapeutics, Minneapolis
- Sr. Tableau & Business Objects Architect / Admin at Fairfax County Government
- Sr. Tableau / Business Objects Architect / Administrator at Medtronic, Inc
7 months at this Job
- M Sc - Computer Engineering
- B Sc - Electronics and Communications
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) preserves and promotes public confidence in the U.S. financial system by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for at least $250,000; by identifying, monitoring and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the economy and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
• Key developer responsible for enhancing and maintaining the Business Analytics Module of key application.
• Key developer responsible for maintaining various other applications. Maintain two operational and 4 data warehouse based business objects universes, tuned them for performance and enhanced as the business rule changed.
• Maintain 100+ operational and management reports which are build using SAP Business Objects technology and deployed to more than 200+ business users.,
• Work with business users on gathering business requirements on their information needs, conducted white board session and build the prototype to solidify the requirements.
• Perform unit testing as well as performance testing, provided user support for user acceptance testing by creating various test scripts.
• Follow FDIC's application lifecycle management methodology and worked with release management team for successful release deployments
• Converting multiple Crystal Reports based out of SQL Server Stored Procedures to SAP Web Intelligence reports. Project Technologies BO product suite v4.2, Information Design Tool, BI Portal, Web Intelligence Rich Client, Crystal Reports 2016 SP3, Oracle 11g, SQL Server Management Studio, Service Now, Sharepoint, Service Now
- Senior Business Objects Developer at FDIC
- SAP Business Objects Developer/Administrator/UAT Tester at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- SAP Business Objects Developer/Designer at Fannie Mae
- Sr. SAP Business Objects Developer/Administrator at Celgene Corporation
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Successfully managed a 30,000 plus user system on Business Objects software for a Global SAP Reporting System. - Architected, installed, implemented, & optimized a 20 server Business Objects 3.1 system from scratch in 3 months. - Oversaw SAPBI system that included 6 environments: Training, Sandbox, Development, Test, Quality, and Production. - Migrated the entire system from Physical Servers to VM Servers with less than 4 hours down time per environment. - Upgraded the system to SAPBI Business Objects 4.1, then again to 4.2 with minimum disruption to the business. - Designed and built Production and QA environments in a classic BO cluster for high availability, redundancy, & fail-over. - Set up RFC connections to SAPBI message server for faster user access and data transfer including SNC and STS. - Reduced administration overhead by defining naming conventions for folders and groups based on SAPBI roles. - Enforced security using folder-level access in BOBJ and row-level access in SAPBI on top of Single Sign On, SSO. - Assigned access to all objects in all environments based on groups to minimize administrative maintenance. - Built and maintained over 500 Universes based on SAPBI BEx Queries and relational databases using UDT and IDT. - Eliminated 2 head counts by writing VBA routine with SDK that changed dates on prompted scheduled reports daily. - Designed, implemented, and maintained global report scheduling for over 300 daily high-level corporate reports. - Developed VBScripts to convert 150 Webi reports into tilde delimited text facilitating FTP to EDI for external delivery. - Overcame a BO software deficiency by automating exception email notifications for scheduled report failure reporting. - Used SDK with Excel VBA to create auditing and compliance reports that pulled metadata from the CMS repository. - Created and generated power-user training videos with local universe content for a system migration to SAPBI 4.2. - Maintained the highest level of service for all operations, reporting requirements, and service level agreements.
- Senior Business Objects System Administrator - SAP Global at INGRAM MICRO
- Sr. Programmer Analyst, Administrator, Developer - Data Analytics & Reporting at CITI RESIDENTIAL LENDING
- BOBJ Programmer, Developer, Administrator - Enterprise Analytics at AMERIQUEST MORTGAGE COMPANY
- Senior Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst –Workplace Resources at CISCO SYSTEMS
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Data Processing / Computer Sciences - Advanced Certificate in Data Processing with High Honors (4.0)
• Created a Webi document which facilitates the Excel requests sent to the reporting queue. This improves to have less manual reporting, thus improving the performance in the office for up to 84%.
• Creating buckets for the Top Associates report, which allows to improve the security of the financial data of the agent without impacting the rankings of the report.
• Convert Agents Closed Transactions to Amazon RedShift Data Source to improve performance.
• Created a report which gets information of multiple resources, reducing redundant data in the environment in 23%.
• Use reverse engineering for Oracle and Amazon Redshift to validate report data and manage customer's questions regarding the reporting data.
• Designed multiple A.I. reports in different levels of the company, thus providing analysis of the impact of the A.I. tool on realtors for their business.
• Manage approximately 200 Crystal Reports by Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Fixing, or Modifying when Requested.
• Created around 30 analytical crystal reports for the membership division of the realtors of the company.
- Business Objects Report Developer at Keller Williams Realty Inc
- Business Intelligence Consultant at DXC
- Programmer Intern at National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science - 1st place
-Responsible for deploying and establishing best practices for Tableau Server in a distributed environment. -Designed and developed Tableau Dashboard for insights in Contact Center call activity and trending for volume so that it would help the business with Workforce Management. Worked collaboratively with stakeholders to define and deliver KPIs that supported the business goals. -Participated in highly visible reporting project, for our new product, as a SME and lead Tableau developer to provide analytics with Dashboards for our executive group. The Dashboards provided information on our product's growth, awareness and education to the public as it was being introduced for the first time since our launch on July 2017. Included in my responsibilities were: Team leadership, mentoring and knowledge sharing as well as requirements gathering, data modeling, scripting and data extracts, testing and QA, and, presentation/demonstration to end users At the end of this project I have been responsible for support on all dashboards for users. -Developed Tableau dashboard that provides gap analysis between our customer's statistics and the production transactional database, this analysis helps the business make decisions on what our centralized data warehouse will be based on, and, it also provides feedback to our customers on variances between what they report and what is being captured, thus minimizing any discrepancies on reporting. -Developed and designed user audit dashboard for Business Objects. This provides all types of activity on reports and dashboards, it helps the EBI department to keep track of report inventory, access permissions, user logs, and user interest with an insight into what our business is more inclined to see and know by looking into which reports are queried the most. -Involved in design and mentored the Project Management team in creation of new dashboards that provide timesheet management and project hour allocation. Guided the users with using advanced formulas and overall look and feel for their charts and tables. -Tableau administration and development, using Tableau 10.2 Desktop/Server, project management and creation as well as permissions and security. Licenses and user administration.. -Business Objects Administrator and Lead Developer using SAPBOBJ 4.1. CMC user management, permissions, versioning, migration. Report Development using WebI/Rich Client. Universe development using UDT/IDT. -ETL using SAP BO Data Services/Data Integrator. -Use of Infoburst tool for reports and document scheduling with SAPBOBJ. Database query, triggers and event based scheduling. -Use of tool 360+ suite for all auditing and administrative tasks for the SAP BO repositories. -Use of Oracle and SQL Server 2014. Data mining and advanced SQL scripting, query tuning and troubleshooting. -Knowledge of Jira and Confluence, Sharepoint. Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Business Intelligence Developer at Early Warning
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Ports America
- Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst at McKesson Specialty Health
- Customer Service Rep at McKesson Health Solutions
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Computer Systems Engineering
Currently focusing on innovation projects researching, implementing, building, and developing solutions related to big-data, data science, ontology, taxonomy, search engines, graph databases, SQL databases, Hadoop, and geospatial functionalities. While mainly working as a developer, I have also worked heavily in architecture, and sysadmin duties. Recent implementations
• Fusion Solr search engine
• Smartlogic Semaphore
• Franz Allegrograph Additional experience:
• SAP Business Objects Administrator
• Microsoft SQL Server DBA
• Crystal report writer
• Spark/Python developer (recent)
• Linux/Windows sysadmin (managed approximately 75 servers)
• Machine learning techniques and methodologies
- Business Intelligence Developer at Sentara Healthcare
- Instructor at ECPI University
14 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Information Systems
- Bachelor's - Network Security