• Supported the business objects infra structure and any related activities.
• Partnered with software and architectural teams to plan and build out new systems, understand scalability and constraints of software, and manage disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
• Acting as systems/software engineer for system architecture planning, technical design, software development and test, and software, hardware, and interface integration
• Extensively worked with security issues and user maintenance in BOXiR3
• Managed project upgrade from XIR2 to XIR3 platform
• Coordinated with SAP support team to resolve issues after upgrade.
• Helped the developers in report conversion from Deski to Webi.
• Configured windows active directory with SSO using Apache Tomcat as Application Server.
• Customized Infoview and CMC portals according to the clients needs (customized messages boxes, color layout, hyperlinks, logos, push buttons)
• Point of contact for separation project involving the isolation of runoff business. Coordinated all related meetings involving move of business objects platform and its associated components which include NAS, repository etc. Involved in full planning and strategize and running POC's for smooth transition.
• Co-ordinated with SAP support team to resolve issues during isolation.
• Worked on customizations of BI Launchpad page.
• Helped the developers in report conversion from Deski to Webi.
• Managed SAP Business Objects nodes and servers Explorer.
• Extensively worked with security issues and user maintenance in BOXiR3.
• Managed/Set Schedules/Publications for end user distribution.
• Created operational reports from audit database to support the application.
• Installed and Configured Dashboard Designer(Xcelsius)
• Good understanding and involved in installing and deployment of Business Objects XIR3.1 on Windows platform.
• Managed/Set Schedules/Publications for end user distribution.
• Created operational reports from audit database to support the application.
- Business Objects Administrator / Developer at The Hartford
- Business Objects Developer at The Hartford
- Business Object Developer/Designer/Admin at Univsion Communications Inc
- Business Objects Developer at Nastech Services Inc
9 years, 4 months at this Job
This project is to build a central cloud system for different New York state agencies and host them on the Cloud Environment. This project supports each and every citizen and related business groups of the New York state.
Lead the team for developing reports that can be accessible on mobile and establishing the link with the BO server with the add on features and mobile app.
• Full cycle development experience with BusinessObjects, Data warehousing and reporting projects.
• Project Management - Experience in managing onshore and offshore teams, prioritizing and assigning tasks, Creating work plans, estimates and status reports. Responsible to delivering on budget on time.
• Experience in Install, upgrade, backup, patch SAP Business tools in windows environment, to support different projects/initiatives.
• Installed and configured Business Object Enterprise XI 4.1 in clustered environments for development, Test and production including installation of BO Tools and Integration Kit. Creating Initial configurations in CMS and CCM.
• Perform capacity planning and Load Balancing of servers to support job loads and suggest infrastructure upgrades
• Exposure to Informatica power exchange and other connectors offered by Informatica SAP.
• Strong Business Objects troubleshooting experience.
• Hands on experience in Web Sphere Administration for Business Objects.
• Installed and Supported the verity of BI tools like Crystal reports, Qwaas, Tableau Reporting tools.
• Documented the issues for the future reference
• Created the guided Environment for Healthcare Management system
• Monitor, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues.
• Used Global variables, Local Variables and Parameters between Work flow and Data flow as per businessrequirements.
• Created batch scripts For to run BODS extracts
• Managed end users, Exporting/ Importing SAP HANA System.
• Managing SAP HANA License, Managing SAP HANA users and monitoring system.
• Managing Tables in SAP HANA, Scaling SAP HANA.
• Involved in production support and fixed the issues on the jobs while running in production. Environment:
- Lead Business Objects Administrator at New York State
- SAP Business Objects Administrator at Mayo Clinic
- Sr. SAP Business Objects Admin/Developer at Deloitte
- Business Objects Admin/Developer at Synermed Insurance
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Information Technology
OWCP/OLMS/WHD/DEEOIC/WHD Integrated Federal Employee Compensation System is the data processing, program management, financial management, and decision support system, supporting DOL users nationwide. It maintains an automated record of all claims filed, the adjudicatory status of those claims and benefits paid and denied to the labor unions. ERDS, Agency Query System and Claimant Query System are labor claims query and reporting applications. These applications which are secure web/intranet based are used by the clients from various DOL offices across the US. Responsibilities Created and tested a comprehensive WebSphere Cluster Environment disaster recovery solution on the Windows 2000/2003 Server, which includes restoring the application functionality with minimum changes. Involved in routine maintenance and supporting of the Prod/Test/Dev environments by applying the required fix packs, securing the environment and troubleshooting the applications/environment using Support Assistant and with the help of different teams. Created various self-signed certificates for the webserver and applications server in all the environments. Researched on the ways WebSphere encodes/stores passwords in various xml, stash files and the class files it uses to encode/decode the passwords. This helps in recovering the lost/forgotten passwords without changing or involving downtime for the environment. Worked on the End of Life Middle Tier DELL servers migration to HP Blade servers. Consolidated various web-servers to create a single server and worked on providing high availability using VMWare. Working on configuring WebSphere EDGE components on the Linux servers to provide High availability for the applications and the Middle Tier Servers. Designed the hardware and software migration solution for the WebSphere Middle Tier applications iFECS, CQS, AQS, ESAAuth from 5.1 to 6.1 according to the new Capacity Planning requirements. Installed and configured the IBM WebSphere Network Deployment 6.1 servers and augmented them with WebSphere Virtual Enterprise and WebSphere Process Server installations. Configured and Administered BO XI R2 and BI 4.0 dev/test and production servers Environment: Windows 2000/2003 Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5, IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124/8.0, IBM WebSphere Virtual Enterprise 6.1, IBM WebSphere Process Server 6.1.0, IBM WebSphere Edge Components 6.1/8.0, IBM WebSphere Client 6.1/8.0, IBM Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager 6.1, Java, J2EE, JDBC, JMS, SQL/PSQL, IBM DB2 8.1, Adobe Document Server 6, VMWARE ESXi 4/5, Tivoli Directory Server, IBM AIX 5.1, IBM HTTP Server 1.3/6.1, IBM Support Assistant, JIntegra, Business Objects XI R2/BI 4.0, Tivoli Performance Viewer, Netcool Web Monitoring, Groundwork Monitoring, Windows XP
- WebSphere/Business Objects Administrator at SUPREMESOFT INC
- Systems Analyst at IGATE MASTECH
- Programmer Analyst at GLOBAL COMPONENT TECHNOLOGIES
11 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor - Technology
Project: Regression Environment Build for DR
Environment: SAP BO4.0 Sp5, BO Explorer4.0 Sp5, BOXI3.1, BO Explorer3.1, SAP BI7.3, SAP ECC6, SQL Server 2008
• Build Regression environment to handle disaster recovery for existing BOXI3.1 and BO4.0 Production Environments that includes Pre-installation, Installation process, server configuration, clustering and security implementation
• Installed and configured SAPBO4.0 Sp4 Server, Client Tools, Crystal reports 2011 and BO Explorer4.0 on windows 2008 in regression environment
• Applied SP5 Patch2 on Enterprise Servers, Client tools, BO ExplorerSp4 and Crystal Reports 2011 and tested fixed issues
• Validated the installation of Business Objects 4.0 and Integrated with the SAP BW7.0
• Worked on Load Balancer Cluster, to distribute the request load equally between all the CMS servers and knowledge on the FAIL OVER functionality
• Distributed and Split BO Servers to maintain the load for better performance
• As per the security Implementation, Working with the security team in identifying and importing User groups from SAP BI7 to BO4.0
• Implemented User Level, Object Level and Data Level Security to appropriate Business Objects groups
• Implemented SSO between BO and SAP Systems
• Configured Windows AD Authentication
• Replicated existing BOXI3.1, BO4.0 Production Content, Universes, Webi and Deski Reports in newly designed Regression Environment for disaster recovery and tested fixed issues
• Served as a single point of contact for technical issues
• Worked with SAP Technical Support to troubleshoot various Deployment and performance issues
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Administrator at Kraft Foods
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Administrator/Business Objects Developer at Lawson Products
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Developer at Alcatel Lucent
- Sr.SAP Business Objects Administrator/Business Objects Developer at Alcatel Lucent
6 years, 4 months at this Job
• Business Objects Administrator
• Java application Support
• Assistant Citrix administrator
• Client desktop support on request
- Database Administrator at Invision Inc
- Solution Center Engineer II at The Weather Channel
- BusinessObjects Administrator at Invision Inc
- SMS Administrator at The Weather Channel
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Meteorology
• Participated in admin activities including improving the scalability of the Tableau Server environment by distributing server components across several machines.
• Configured distributed Tableau Server environment for real-time replication and failover support.
• Converted WEBI Reports to Tableau Dashboards for Advanced Visualizations.
• Performed Tableau Admin duties that comprised configuration, adding users, groups, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks on Tableau Server
• Developed formatted and complex reusable formula reports and reports with advanced features such as conditional formatting, built-in/custom functions usage, and multiple grouping reports in Tableau.
• Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
• Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
• Involved in designing, developing, maintaining new and existing universes by required tables, creating joins and checking cardinalities responsible for creation of the universe with classes, objects and condition objects.
• Responsible for creating reports using Webi (Web Intelligence), Desktop Intelligence and Dashboards
• Delivering reporting for company clients Monthly reports, Summary reports, Detail reports, created graph reports such as Bar charts, 3D charts and Pie charts.
• Developed complex reports in Webi standard reports, ad hoc reports. Setting up report schedules daily, weekly and monthly
• Dashboards from Tabular Models to help managers to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
• Worked on building queries to retrieve data into Tableau from SQL Server 2008
• Designed and developed the most suitable User Interface such as Dashboards, multiple charts types, Trends, custom requests for Excel Export
• As Business Objects Administrator managing users and groups, including access rights and security, instance manager on BO Central Management Console (CMC) and monitoring BO services
• Developed report using Desktop Intelligence (Deski) Free-hand SQL report and Ad Hoc report developed in Webi
• Installed Business Objects XI 3.1 Enterprise Suite on Windows 2003 server on SQL Server, complete backend server administration from installation to deployment
• Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
• Generated Tableau Dashboard with quick, context, global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
• BO Administered users and groups using LDAP authentication and monitor server activities using Auditor
• Prepare Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
• Deployed all the reports and deployed on production environment.
• Trained end users to use Infoview with various functionalities of Business Objects and provided support.
• Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Requirement Documents (BRD). Ensured all requests complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
• Build reports based on Remedy environment as well
- Reporting Analyst/Tableau Developer/ Business Objects Analyst at GE Capital
- Senior Data Analyst/Data Analyst Manager (Contract) at Dell
- Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst/Consultant at Capital One
- Business Objects Developer/ Data Analyst at CAMBRIA
1 year, 3 months at this Job
Client: Kaiser Permanente * Installation and upgrading BO server with new version of software (Business Objects). * Install 360 Suite products such 360eyes, 360R4, 360Live and 360Plus on Business Object Environment * Worked with development team and DBA to migrate the database from Oracle to Exadata migration. * Proactively identify areas for optimization and troubleshoot database performance issues. * Creating additional users and groups in multiple business objects environments. * Assigning rights in multiple business objects environments. * Daily monitoring servers/systems and respond quickly to alerts. * Creating Project Plan and Operational Support document for Business Objects/ESRI ArcGIS Platform * Primary responsibilities included migrating reports, validating functionality, and addressing issues in report * Administer all aspects of ArcGIS Server, Portal including Upgrade, Patching, performance monitoring and tuning, service configuration, security and licensing * ArcGIS User setup using python script. * Health check of SAP BI 4.x0/4.2 environments - Tools usage, potential opportunities to increase end user adoption, current usage, Platform stability, best practices. Administer SAP BI landscape - Resolve production related to SSO. * Implement patches and other day-to-day Business Objects administration tasks including creating folders/reports/users and migrating reports/folders/users from Dev to QA to Production * Work with IT and business users to resolve support and technical questions. * Monitoring in Windows 2008 R2/Windows 2012 R2 server administration. * Resolve Business Objects software related issues on end user computers. * Respond to and resolve assigned any tickets on Business Objects issues in BI 4.1/4.2 production, test and development environments within defined SLA's. * Technical problem resolution for all technology related issues with the BO environments, including trouble shooting server errors and utilizing management console for monitoring, requesting start and stop servers as required from infrastructure team. * Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. * Migration of report, universe and folders from one server to another or one environment to another using promotion management. * Design and implement security by creating of user groups, granting access to BOE applications to users and adding security restrictions (application level, folder level and object level) based on user profile and user groups. * Create access levels (interactive, adhoc, power) based on project needs. Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Environment: SAP BO BI 4.2/4.1, 360, ArcGIS 10.4/10.6.1, Crystal Reports 2016, Oracle 11g, Exadata, SQL Server 2008/2012, Universe Designer/Information Design Tool, Web Intelligence, BI Launchpad, CMC, Windows 2008/2012 Server
- Senior Business Objects/GIS Consultant at Spotline Inc
- Senior Business Intelligence Administrator at Deloitte
- Senior Business Objects Administrator at Calliduscloud
- Architect at Wipro Limited
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics - Electrical and Electronics
Developer The Vanguard Group is an American investment management company based in Malvern, Pennsylvania, that manages approximately $5 trillion in assets. The Vanguard Group of Investment companies is the world's second largest mutual fund company. Vanguard is widely recognized as a premier provider of financial services, as well as top quality service to both individual and retirement investors as well as investment plans. Securities Lending involves the lending of assets from vanguard mutual funds, to broker dealers in exchange for cash collateral. Cash collateral is invested to generate income for funds, benefiting the sharesholders. - Migrated Business Objects XI 3.1 content (user groups, Universes, reports, securities) into Business Objects XI 4.1 environment using the Upgrade Management tool - Installed the BI 4.1 platform on newly assigned Windows 2012 servers - Manage the User rights on Business Objects Applications like Web Intelligence, Designer and Folder Security for different groups of Users using Central Configuration Manager. - Use Central Management Console (CMC) in setting up security in BO XIR4 and also manages security configuration for various reports and universe in development, test, and production environment. - Involved in developing, designing and maintaining new universes by creating joins and cardinalities responsible for creation of the universe with Classes, Objects and Condition Objects - Connected three data source (SQL, Oracle and DB2) to create new reports in Business Object using client tools - Created Variables, User defined objects, Drill mode, Prompts, and Conditions to make reports accurate and easier for analysis - Make changes to parameters settings of universe and export universe to the repositories to make resources available to the users. - Deploying Universe / Reports from Dev / QC environment to Production environment using Promotion Management - Prepared unit test cases before executing the application into the SAT environment - Involved in day to day Business Objects Server maintenance. Schedule the Reports using Business Objects Enterprise to validate the promotion of objects. Take backup of objects in production before promotion of objects. - Install Client tools and resolved the connectivity issues for WebI Rich Client, Dashboard Designer. - Make changes in the report settings in CMC and rerun the reports after failure or as per the request for the users. - Analyze, Design, Implementation and administration of security models with row level data security, role based security etc. in Business Objects Universes and Central Management Console (CMC) - Resolved major challenges during upgrades. Environment: SAP Business Objects BI4.0/ XIR3.1 ( BI Launch pad, CMC, Designer, WebI, Rich Client, Infoview), Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, DB2, Sharepoint, Service Now
- SAP Business Objects Admin at Vanguard
- SAP Business Objects Administrator at AT&T Inc
- SAP Business Objects Admin at International Solution Sources
- Portfolio Management Analyst at International Solution Sources
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Management-Finance - Vice President of Finance
- Masters in Entrepreneurial Biotechnology - Commercialization of Pre-Clinical Cardiac Safety Using Stem Cell Derived Human Cardiomyocytes
• Creating reports using Java infoview and Xcelsius
• Optimizing existing universes to get them up-to-date and fast
• Resolving universe issues related to loops and closed circuits
• Adding new users and groups and maintaining three levels of securities on them
• Cleaning up universe clutter and orphaned connections and universes
• Setting up weekly and monthly reports to be emailed to end user
• Creating and cloning new servers to ease the workload and thus making generating reports quicker and efficient
• Using SQL's to create aggregate tables and make universes faster and more ideal
• Using Central Console Manager to help resolve end user's submitted tickets and problems
• Interacting with other team members to come to a united decision and helping work production increase
• Communicating with end users to ensure efficient universe design in order to meet their ends
• Using complex formula's to create canned and ad-hoc reports with the use of drill down, graphs, and charts
• Creating reports using @Prompt Function and defined various Formula Variables
• Using Migration Tool / Import Wizard to migrate the Universes, BO Reports, WebI Reports and Users from BOXI
• Using Alias's and contexts to resolved loop issues and improve Query speed
• Using Web Intelligence to generate rich and complex reports for end users
• Restricting certain data from end users using profile security
• Using Report Conversion Tool to convert deski formatted reports to .wid formatted reports to help create better, and more efficient reports
• Monitoring BO licenses and transfers issues by creating Users with either named or concurrent connection types
• Installing patches and upgrading Business Objects to the latest software version to eliminate any problems or issues
• Preparing different report layouts and blocks like Tables, Cross Tabs and Charts
• Making sure all connections are connected to proper universes and databases
• Maintain connection security to ensure only authorized connections are used
• Training nontechnical end users how to properly use Webi and Java infoview to create accurate, and optimal reports
• Monitoring servers and making sure all are running and are enabled
• Using query and report filters to ensure appropriate data is being flowed into reports
• Creating advance reports using sub-query and merge dimensions
- Business Objects Developer/Administrator at METLIFE, Inc
- Jr. Business Objects Developer at Citigroup
- Jr. Business Objects Developer at Zurich NA
7 years, 11 months at this Job
• Support and administration of Tomcat web servers and application servers hosting BOXI 3.1 Premium. Maintain the following services: InfoView, Web Intelligence, Crystal, Xcelsius Dashboards, Publications, Voyager Cubes, QaaWS, Lifecycle Manger (Subversion), Landscape Manager, and Java SSO. Maintaining systems by applying OS patches, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting
• Implement and maintain a thorough onsite/offsite backup and disaster recovery plan
• Upgrade application servers and web servers to current service level and fix packs
• Creation and maintenance of documentation for all configuration points, CMC settings, fixes, networking, etc.
• Researched and resolved many issues/bugs that Mirum experienced with their initial BOE deployment
• Implement customizations for InfoView
• Compliance of DIACAP (Department of Defense Guidelines) for all government related servers
• Creation of Universes to support automation of outdated Crystal reports and Xcelsius Dashboards
• Work closely with MS SQL server administrator, Crystal reporting team (phased out), and analytics team to develop better strategies and methodologies for reporting and best practices documentation
• Tibco Spotfire server administrator and creation of analytic visualizations
• Implented virtualization of Business Objects Servers to save on hardware overhead costs
• Experience with many BI visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.
- Senior Business Objects Administrator / System Architect at Mirum Agency
- Business Objects Administrator at The Receivables Exchange
- IT Reporting Architect/Business Analyst at IBM
- Business Analyst at IBM
3 years, 11 months at this Job