Responsibilities: * Developed new Compliance reports and Dashboards which were to identify and report security breaches and change in Suspicion status of suspected breaches. Customized the Tableau landing page with site listing as icons and descriptions. * Connected to DB2 by IBM as a database engine * Constructed the reports page for internal strategy group with standardized custom right and left side sections within Tableau. * Used Tableau API to customize the views, selects, filters, date and time. * Generated tableau dashboards with combination charts for clear understanding. * Interacted with users to gather and analyze requirements for the new Compliance Reports. * Acquired the understanding of the complex logical and physical design of the reporting system. * Data blending implemented on CITAM databases and generated interactive dashboards for Conduct Risk and Conduct Rules Reporting * Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently. * Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it. * Integrated Tableau Dashboards/Story Points views with SharePoint * Created complex universes using IDT on Compliance Data Repository for multiple projects * Optimized SAP BO universes designed and developed a series of complex Business Intelligence solutions using Business Objects Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports. * Secured sensitive data by applying a security feature of object level security in the Universe and the report level security in the CMC. Scheduled recurring daily, weekly and monthly reports. * Set Row Level Restrictions to different user groups based on their profiles. * Created predefined conditions in the universe level to restrict the volume of data to be pulled in the report. Connect to Oracle directly, created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop. * Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a tableau administrator. * Conducted thorough unit and System Integration Testing of the reports and dashboards prior to handover for the User Acceptance Test. * Effectively used JIRA for Defect Management during System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing. * Created User Manuals and conducted training to the User Group prior to Go live Environment: Tableau/Server 9.3, Windows XP, Linux, Windows 7, Oracle 11g, Business Objects XIR4.1 SP1, Business Objects 4.2 SP2, Xcelsius, DB2, SQL Server 2012
- Senior Tableau Developer/SAP Business Objects Developer at Senior Tableau Developer/SAP Business Objects Developer
- Tableau Developer /Visualization Expert at Chase Bank
- Tableau Developer/Data Visualization Consultant at Bank of America
- Tableau Developer/ BO Developer at Southern Ohio Medical Center
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
• Involved in designing, developing, and testing of BO web intelligence reports and their corresponding universe for 5/15 minutes, daily, weekly & monthly reports.
• Extensively used Business Objects reporting functionalities such as Input Controls, Hyperlink, Merge Dimension, Drilling methodology, Filters, Ranking, Sections, Graphs and Breaks.
• Work in co-ordination with ETL developers to understand and fetch data correctly.
• Investigating, troubleshooting and finding the workarounds for the issues which was faced by the customer during fix pack up-gradation.
• Data validation of reports from backend database.
• Following Agile guidelines properly to meet the project deadlines
• Used advanced universe functionalities like Derived tables, Index Awareness, custom LOVs.
• Created custom hierarchies to aid in Drill-Through analysis of WebI documents and built cascading prompts.
• Created several complex Web Intelligence and Desktop Intelligence reports to help management to track and monitor contract, commodity and price compliance.
• Created user Prompts, Conditions and Filters and used Alerts to improve the readability of the report. Extensively used Calculations, Variables, User Objects in the creation of reports.
• Scheduled Reports using scheduler Infoview as well as CMC.
• Consolidation of reports by groups/regions and designing templates catering to the needs of sourcing/financial analysts & material and cost specialists.
• Providing support for the users on application usage and conducting training walk through of salient features of the application. Environment: Oracle 10G, Business Objects XIR2, Web Intelligence and Infoview XI R2, Desktop Intelligence, CMC, Import Wizard, Universe Designer, PL/SQL Developer, Windows 2003 advanced server.
- Sr. Business Objects developer at Sr. Business Objects
- Sr. Business Objects Developer at Sr. Business Objects
- Developer at Sr. Business Objects
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
Working as Lead Business Objects Developer/Administrator across multiple projects.
- Senior SAP Business Objects Developer/Administrator at Deloitte
6 years, 2 months at this Job
• Provide Business Objects technical consultation and support at Administrative Office at US Courts.
• Install and Configure SAP Business Objects XI 3.1 and SAP Business Objects XI 4.0 on Linux servers.
• Cluster SAP Business Objects XI 3.1 servers as well as SAP Business Objects XI 4.0 servers.
• Import data from one environment to another environment using SAP Business Objects Import Wizard.
• Configure JBOSS on Linux servers.
• Use Central Management Console (CMC) to perform administration tasks such as create/delete user, apply users security (folders, groups, users, universes, connection).
• Monitor scheduled reports and investigate when scheduled reports failed to run.
• Modify WSDLs using Query As a Web Service (QaaWS) from different Data sources.
• Troubleshoot Business Objects issues, support, and resolve application issues in production.
• Analyze and document business requirements, functional requirements, and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
• Collect requirements, design solutions, and implement reports according to the specifications.
• Create and modify Business Objects universes, add and re-define objects.
• Modify Business Objects Audit universe from version 3.1 to work in SAP Business Objects XI 4.0 using Information Design Tool.
• Extensive testing and migrating reports from Development to Production system.
• Deploy universe from Development to Production system.
• Develop reports in Web Intelligence XI 3.1 and schedule them to run daily, weekly, or monthly.
• Responsible to search for any patches to fix bug issues within SAP Business Objects XI 3.1
• Create Business Objects XI 3.1 User Guide document.
• Modify SQL Server stored procedure to add additional columns to the table.
• Run scripts to pull Business Objects universes/reports and databases information to MetaCenter.
• Create Impact Analysis Report from MetaCenter.
- Senior Business Objects Developer at SRA International Inc
- Senior Business Objects Developer at Computech Inc
- Senior Business Objects Developer at Buchanan & Edwards
- Business Objects Administrator at Meekle Inc
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
- BS - Biochemistry
Responsibilities: ♦ Performed an initial study of the current reporting application, to finalize the data elements required for reporting. ♦ Interaction with users & management, performance of analysis, designing, coding, testing & implementation. ♦ Involved in understanding the end-user requirements and business processes in creating and designing universes, queries and reports. ♦ Extensively worked with BOXI 4.1 for creating complicated reports including sub-reports, parameter based reports, graphical reports, formula based, well-formatted reports, drilling reports, analysis data reports along with LOV. ♦ Designed Universes using (IDT), incorporating all the business requirements. ♦ Implemented object level security universe to incorporate security for sensitive information. ♦ Worked in migration of universe and reports between environments. ♦ Designed universes, solved loops by creating aliases, contexts and resolved traps. ♦ Created complex variables, breaks, sorts, filter and conditions for various reports. ♦ Created complex reports involving master/detail and cross-tab and Combined queries and sub-queries ♦ Linked multiple data-providers and Used calculation contexts/extended contexts ♦ Created multiple contexts for catering different functional areas in a single user query. ♦ Used Aggregate awareness function of Business Objects to route the query objects through the appropriate path while selecting from multiple contexts. ♦ Extensively worked on ETL, created Informatica workflows and sessions to write the data into the Staging tables. ♦ Used prompts in the reporter as well as in the universe to create more interactive reports for running different kind of campaigns. ♦ Extensively used scheduler for report scheduling and deployment ♦ Generated various report templates for standardizing the reports throughout the organization. ♦ Involved in end user training and documenting the procedures. ♦ Involved in developing the financial reports for the Financial services Dept and successfully published the highly formatted reports and met with the end user requirements ♦ Resolved Year Ago Variance Calculation, Percentage Calculation in Cross Tab in Web I XI R2. ♦ Scheduled pre-canned reports through Scheduler for distribution and printing. Environment: Business Objects XI4.0, SAP BI 7.0, ECC6.0, Business Explorer 7.0, Informatica, Crystal Reports, Lunch Pad IDT, Xcelsius 2008 Oracle 9i, HP Quality Center 9.2, Windows NT
- SAP Business Objects Developer at General Dynamics (GDIT)
- SAP BI/BO Developer at BCBS
- SAP BO Developer at TWD Associates
- SAP BOBJ Developer at MetLife Insurance
4 years, 5 months at this Job
Business Objects Developer
- Senior Business Objects Developer at PepsiCo
- Senior Business Objects Developer/ Business Analyst at Monsanto
- Tableau Developer at Kaiser Permanente
- at Business Objects
4 months at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
Project: Customer Knowledge System:
It is a data warehouse and business intelligence application for marketing and sales department of Ford Motor Company to provide data on campaign based sales and service of Ford and Lincoln cars and trucks at different geographic levels (National, Region, District, Zone and Dealer) within the country.
• Involved in all phases of software development like requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment of business intelligence reporting applications on an enterprise environment.
• Interacted with business users to analyze the business requirement.
• Prepared the technical specification documents for reporting applications.
• Created detailed user acceptance test plans and deployment plans for reporting applications.
• Collaborated with Data Architects, Database Administrators and ETL team for designing data marts for enterprise reporting.
• Established Teradata, Oracle and SQL Server databases connections for Universes.
• Developed the semantic layer Universe using Business Objects Designer tool.
• Defined cardinalities, joins and resolved the loops in the universe using table aliases and contexts.
• Created classes, objects, hierarchies, list of values, aggregate awareness and filters in the Universes.
• Checked the Universes for integrity and published them to the corporate repository for users to create ad-hoc reports
• Used Derived tables & Views and changed the universe parameter settings to optimize the performance of universes.
• Implemented row level and column level securities using Business Objects Designer to make data secure.
• Designed, developed and deployed WEBI and DESKI reports by linking data from multiple data providers using merged dimensions.
• Provided Slice and Dice, Drill up, Drill Down, Filters, Ranking, Sections, Alerts, and Breaks in the reports.
• Created different types of reports such as tabular, graphical, master-detail, sectional, and cross-tab with complex layouts, breaks and sub-totals, graphs and prompts.
• Created WEBI reports using database-delegated measures.
• Scheduled the reports and delivered to different user groups in different formats.
• Communicated all the identified risks to project stakeholders during different phases of the project and resolved it in timely manner.
• Performed BO upgrade for universes and reports from Business Objects version 5.1 to 6.5 to XIR2 to XIR3 to BO BI 4.0.
• Converted Desktop Intelligence (Full Client) reports into Web Intelligence reports using report conversion tool.
• Migrated users, groups and securities from Business Objects Enterprise XIR2 to Business Objects Enterprise 3.0.
• Maintained access control and user security by creating user groups and report folders.
• Maintained versions control for universes and reports using AccuRev and Serena Version Manager tools.
• Collaborated with Database Administrators to implement indexes on tables to improve the performance of major reports.
• Developed universe documentation for end users to build ad-hoc reports.
• Established standards and best practices for report development in an enterprise environment.
• Investigated the campaign data anomalies and addressed it in timely manner.
• Provided production and business support to enterprise reporting application users.
• Involved in providing operational support to enterprise data warehouse development team.
• Performed capacity planning for enterprise data warehouse.
• Utilized Information Technology Infrastructure Libraries (ITIL) for problem and incident management. Environment: SAP Business Objects XI 3.1/R2/6.5/5.1 Universe Designer, Web intelligence, Web Intelligence Rich Client, Desktop Intelligence, CMC, Info view, Broadcast Agent, Teradata 12/13, SQL Server 2008 R2/2005, Oracle 9i/10g, SharePoint 2007.
- SAP Business Objects Developer/Analyst at Ford Motor Company
- SAP Data Warehouse Analyst at Department of Transportation, State of Wisconsin
- SAP Business Objects Developer at Lipari Foods
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science in Computer and Information Systems - Computer and Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Physics - Database Administration and Business Intelligence
* Sole Business Objects Resource for an automotive parts company * Handled all BOBJ related efforts in the migration from BOBJ 3.1 to 4.2 * Fixed and maintained previous universes, along with the creation of new ones as needed, querying off a 2005 SQL Server DB * Collaborated with different departments to gather requirements and identify their reporting needs, then used creative analysis to enhance the product beyond their expectations. * Updated and/or delivered new BOBJ reports while working hand in hand with the business to tailor it to their specific needs. * Played an Administrator role, such as controlling security of users and groups, promotion of reports and universes from Dev to Prod, and creating instances, triggers and notifications around report schedules. * Created a standard of BI best practices for the company * Managed my own queue of requests and tickets for BOBJ work in coordination with customers * Worked remote, utilizing video and phone conferencing tools to meet with customers
- Lead SAP Business Objects Developer at Interamerican Motor Corporation
- Lead SAP Business Objects Designer and Business Objects Advocate at Rent-A-Center
- Lead SAP Business Objects Universe Designer and BI Developer at Rent-A-Center
- Business Objects Software Instructor at Training 'N Technologies Inc
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Acting
Collaborated with Business and Technical teams on requirements gathering, development, and implementation of Business
Objects reports. A 5M engagement, comprising of 15 members.
• Developed test plans, use cases, scenarios and scripts to guarantee that the technical product solutions meet business standards and ensured delivery of Business reports on time.
- SAP Business Objects Developer at Cognizant Technologies Solutions
- SAP Business Objects Support Analyst at Business Objects
- SAP Dashboard Developer at
- Migration Specialist at SAP BO
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Business Analytics - Business Analytics
- B.E. - Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Involved in creation of High level design document for new requirements.
• Analyzed requirement changes for enhancements and included them in existing HLD
• Designed and documented Universe and Report Requirements Definition, Security strategies, and Report Distribution strategies
• Created relational and Relational connections using Information design tool.
• Implemented universes using IDT.
• Created connections, data foundation and business layer in universe.
• Created Joins like equal-join, theta-join, outer joins, short cut join, set join cardinalities in data foundation layer of universe.
• Involved in gathering, analyzing, documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
• Involved in interacting with Business Users and Business Owners to know their Business views in developing and modifying Universes and Reports accordingly.
• Gathered and captured all existing Customization/enhancements in available BO system. Involved in preparation of BRD (Business requirement document) and GAP analysis in order to include each and every enhancement during Upgrade. Understand the business data flow.
• Responsible for Designing and building Universes using Universe Design Tool (UDT).
• Resolved Loops, Chasm and Fan Traps using Contexts and aliases in Universe Designer.
• Used Prompts, Conditions to restrict the data returned by Query and used Filters to restrict the unwanted data to be displayed on the report.
• Created Web Intelligence Reports with different functionalities like cascading prompts, drilldown, charts, graphs, ranking, Scope of Analysis and alerts.
• Created parameterized Crystal Reports and customize existing reports for presentations using Cross-Tab reports, sub-reports, Running Totals, used Crystal syntax to create formulas for the reports.
• Created Ad-hoc reports using BO functionalities like Master Detail, Formulas, Breaks, Calculations, Alerts, Slice and Dice, DrillDown and @Functions.
• Developed reports by linking different data providers in a single report, and made all possible incompatible objects as compatible by merging the common objects.
• Created Explorer Information Spaces for Sales and finance metrics.
• Built Dashboards with high variation of data using Live Office, QAAWS and BI Web Services.
• Implemented security features of Business Objects like row level, object level and report level to make the data secure.
• Developed BEx Queries for reporting on InfoCubes, InfoSets and Multi Provider by defining Structures, Variables, Formulas, Exceptions, Selections, Navigational Attributes, conditions providing drill down functionality in reporting.
• Extensively worked on Query building, filtering, Restricted Key figures, variables and query variants using BEx Analyzer.
• Created virtual key figures and calculated Key figures to satisfy the reporting requirements.
• Involved in displaying data from legacy systems and relational databases and in creating, modifying reports using tables, views, functions and stored procedures.
• Provided end user and production support after deploying the application into the production environment, also provided extensive support for the users on application usage and trained users in the functionality of the software. Environment: Business Object 4.1, Xcelsius, Dashboards, Crystal Reports 2011,Designer, Web Intelligence, CMC, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2008, Teradata, TOAD, Erwin 6.1
- Sr. Business Objects Developer at Johnson & Johnson
- Business Object Developer/Crystal Reports Developer at Terra Information Group, Inc
- Business Object Developer at Apex Systems, Inc
- Business Objects Consultant at Lincoln Financial Group
2 years at this Job