Conceived and launched robust analytics environment for 400-person global Marketing organization. Translate complex data into easily consumed formats. Standardized key performance metric reporting and cadence. Critical member of team that transformed new customer generation process. Manage seasoned team of analysts.
• Launched weekly metric reviews, resulting in 10% increase in ROI and greater organizational agility.
• Improved processes and insights leading to 15% year over year increase in new customer acquisition.
• Streamlined and enriched forecast reporting resulting in greater accuracy in deal closure projections.
• Devised department-wide training focused on making data driven decisions.
• Created clear and detailed operating plans and KPIs tied directly to company growth.
• Trusted business partner to all levels of organization, interacting with front line staff and C-Suite.
• Spearheaded effort to move to an always-on dashboards using SalesForce Einstein platform.
• Collaborate with Finance to implement Allocadia spend tracking platform.
• Initiated collaboration with Product, Partner, and Sales reporting groups to drive enterprise-wide analysis.
• Facilitated move from centralized organizational model to a geographical based organizational model.
- Senior Manager Global Analysis, Strategy & Planning at AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES
- Director of Sales at EF EDUCATION
- at EF EDUCATION
- Director of Operations, Americas at EF EDUCATION
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
• Manage all Finance and Controller/Accounting functions, including financial statement creation, month end closing and financial health reporting
• Perform financial and accounting analysis, sales pricing and promotional feasibility pricing, operations and business strategy analysis by extracting data from NetSuite to develop a company culture and drive data backed decision-making
• Developed weekly and monthly inventory on-hand status reports, inventory aging reports, cash flow projection reports, accounts receivable (AR) aging reports, dealer and distributor sell-through reports, product return rates, and sales pipeline reports
• Provide training to functional employees for NetSuite Reporting
• Customize report, saved searches, custom fields, and custom forms within NetSuite to align with business needs
• Previous position held as NetSuite ERP Business Analyst - 6 months
• Promoted to Manager, Finance Business Partner - 2 months
- Manager, Finance Business Partner at YUNEEC
- Supply Chain Planning Manager at CIRCOR AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
- Supply Chain Manager at NELLSON NUTRACEUTICAL
- Director of Operations and Supply Chain at WAIAKEA
8 months at this Job
- Master's - MBA - Operations and Strategy
• Recruited directly by the Executive Vice President of Strategy to directly support and present analyses from the executive leadership team while influencing key business areas and providing thought leadership and a strategic point of view pertaining to business unit performance, brand strategy, internal growth initiatives, and functional performance
• Developed and executed restructuring strategy of $2.3M business by partnering with key business unit leaders and analyzing industry, customer, and financial data; forecasted future business trends; led post-restructure efforts including change management, organizational design, talent management, and training; developed tool to monitor performance
• Created and managed cross-functional customer segmentation strategy of declining business to achieve cost savings and drive growth; developed price elasticity model to establish customer spend tiers and introduced formalized discount structure; developed growth stabilization plan to increase customer retention by partnering with merchandise and customer support teams to identify appropriate product mix and create customer outreach strategy
• Assessed partnership opportunity with global retailer, including quantifying $400M total profit to TCS, identifying category adjacencies and opportunities leveraging industry data and customer data to highlight overlapping customer segments and customer growth opportunities; opportunity analysis was presented to CFO and CEO for future implementation
• Identified and introduced priority target markets for $100M go-to-market strategy through assessment of U.S. single-family and multi-family housing market development trends; developed print and digital marketing strategy; analysis and framework were used to institute selling territories for internal and external sales representatives and inform hospitality go-to-market strategy
• Analyzed impact that store performance, size, and location had on displays that featured products from $214M core business to determine optimal display count and size needed to achieve desired ROI
• Worked in conjunction with senior and executive leadership team to shape and create materials for Board of Directors presentations and strategic planning sessions
• Consistently demonstrated value by monitoring market, socioeconomic, and competitor trends that may impact company performance and strategic planning; credited by leadership with consistently identifying opportunities within key growth areas
- Senior Manager, Strategy at THE CONTAINER STORE
- Manager, Corporate Strategy & Business Development at JCPENNEY COMPANY, INC
- North American Brand Management MBA Intern, Upper Upscale Brands at STARWOOD HOTELS AND RESORTS
- Senior Associate at KPMG LLP ADVISORY
9 months at this Job
- - Luxury Strategy & Luxury Brand Management
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics
Assist upper management in coordinating and implementing Mizuho's North American Corporate Banking strategy
● Project lead on migrating multiple sources of internal data into data warehouse and build out of Qliksense to be deployed bank wide
● Worked closely with CEO and COO to prepare 2017 recap, 2018 business plan, & 2021 3-year plan
● Lead Tier 1 balance sheet review, providing actionable items to improve revenues with Tier 1 clients, follow-ups reviewed quarterly
● Analyze market data to understand trends, market share, and competitive positioning
● Coordinated multiple full day conferences acting as co-lead on logistics and execution:
- Senior Associate - Investment Banking COO Strategy & Business Development at Mizuho North American Banking
- Senior Associate - Global Investment Banking Business Management at RBC Capital Markets
- Associate - Sales & Trading Client Strategy & Business Analytics at RBC Capital Markets
- Analyst - Sales & Trading Reporting & Data Analytics at RBC Capital Markets
11 months at this Job
- BA - Economics
• Performed financial audits and reviews as part of an audit team using a risk-based and process focused approach that encompasses business strategy analysis
• Assisted in audit planning, risk assessment and materiality and documented audit procedures
• Performed testing and analytical procedures of various accounts including cash, accounts receivable and fixed assets
• Completed risk assessment procedures such as financial ratio analysis and trend analysis
• Awarded BKD WOW award after participating in complicated engagement and playing a role in helping meet the deadline
- Audit Intern at BKD, LLP
- Server at Oak Park Country Club
- Accounting Assistant at Oak Park Country Club
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at Oak Park Country Club
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Manage category and all development within category; manage categories pipeline and receipts
• Provide in depth comp and business strategy analysis for category; provide recommendations to cross functional partners
• Create product content including names and descriptions
• Minitor on-line sales performance and provide analysis on a weekly basis to determine inventory opportunities
• Analyze marketing performance and communicate with cross-functional partners
• Monitor site for errors and brand enhancements opportunities
- Assistant Buyer at Francesca's
- Merchandisers Assistant at Francesca’s
- Assistant Manager at Hollister Co. (A&F)
- Sales Associate at Kate Spade New York
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Fashion Marketing and Marketing
- - Duel Enrollment
• Lead the multi-currency annual budgeting process by designing & implementing the ERP planning analysis tool: Adaptive Insights. Partner with business unit owners and present a bottoms up strategic budget identifying $1.1 million in cost savings opportunities YOY.
• Prepare key M&A due diligence for the $5M China/Singapore acquisition. This complementary investment has keyed our 10% increased revenue penetration in the APAC region.
• Evaluate & present monthly MD&A summarizing KPI dashboard metrics such actuals vs. budget for P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, customer revenue churn, headcount variances affecting growth for the CFO, CEO, and investment board.
• Create a $2 million EBITDA cost savings plan initiative through field office optimization, financial process improvement, and key vendor contract renegotiation to comply with our $150M+ leverage & fixed ratio bank ratios.
• Construct multi-layered financial modeling reports in order to analyze risk and pricing trends for new and existing strategic product development. Edgenuity: Private equity backed education software firm. - $45+ million annual revenue 02/2012 - 08/2014 BUSINESS ANALYST Scottsdale, AZ
• Produce monthly financial reporting package highlighting KPI's: profitability & expense variances, 30, 60, 90 day cash flow analysis, and balance sheet adjustments derived from the NetSuite ERP system.
• Analyze territory demographics and market infiltration in order to partner with Product Managers and the Sales VP to produce strategic territory pipeline penetration analytics for the new licensing products; resulting in 40% YOY bookings increase and helping grow revenue from an initial $20m to $45M.
• Data architect & implement Adaptive Insights software to centralize the company budget improving efficiency by 65%. Manage a 3-person team completing the project on time and 10% under budget. Sage: A global business management software solutions firm. - £1,435 million annual revenue 08/2010 - 02/2012 SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST - FP&A Scottsdale, AZ
• Work with the GM, Sales, Operations, Marketing, R&D, and HR departments to develop worldwide short and long term strategically aligned revenue growth budgets; while mitigating product costs for the $28+ million ACT! business. Resulting in YOY revenue growth of 6.7%.
• Generate new SOP's for the implementation of the SAP financial system which increased monthly efficiency by 60%. Beta tester working with the Atlas team for the rollout of SAP software.
• Develop and recommend a business case to increase unit price and decrease warranty support period; derived from in depth customer buying behavior analysis for the connected services product. Resulting in a 10% gross profit improvement and reduction of annual COGS by $50k. ArgonST: An international software systems firm. - $367 Million annual revenue 01/2008 - 01/2010 FINANCIAL / BUSINESS ANALYST San Diego, CA
• Supervise and train two entry level analysts to develop critical financial analysis skills.
• Restructure financial business operations by creating dashboard reports: cash flow, labor utilization, revenue analysis, bookings, and P&L metrics outlining key metrics that increased efficiency by 15%.
• Lead cost analyst responsible for developing optimal cost efficiency strategy along with calculating RFP's that have accounted for 85% of new overall sales initiatives.
• Identify and produce proficient cost savings solutions to potential customer delay variances which resulted in $75k of savings. Stanley, Inc: Employee-owned software IT Engineering firm. - $780 million annual revenue 04/2007 - 12/2007 PROGRAM CONTROL ANALYST Arlington, VA
• Create strategic budget planning forecasts while interfacing with the program manager, technical task managers, contracting officers, and senior executive management.
• Streamline cost efficiency 50% by constructing variance breakdown analysis of all incurred expenses and revenues using pivot tables. Fair Isaac: Global leader in decision management software. - $630 million annual revenue 09/2005 - 01/2007 FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS ANALYST - REVENUE San Diego, CA
• Provide key business analytics and comprehensive planning support for the EMEA, APAC, & Japan business unit Vice President's.
• Investigate over 50+ quarterly domestic and international contracts for technical language in order to ensure the adherence of all current federal compliancy codes.
- GLOBAL MANAGER - FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS at AFS Technologies
- GRADUATE STUDENT at Alliant International University
- ANALYST at
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- MA - International Relations
- BBA - International Business Management
• Preference Prediction [SQL, SAS – EM | Association Analysis | Target Marketing]: Improved download rates, from 3% to 9%, in the Galaxy Wallpaper Store by predicting personalized preferences for target marketing
• Analysis of Application Usage [SQL | EDA | Target Marketing]: By analyzing app usage log data in Galaxy smartphones, increased the use of banking with Bixby voice command approximately by 20% and Samsung Pay users by about 10% by supporting target marketing
• Credit Card Recommendation [SQL, SAS-EM | Clustering | Customized Advertising]: Improved the click rate of credit card recommendation banner ads on Samsung Pay from 7% to 13% by predicting user’s preferences related to credit card usage (e.g: owner-driver, shopaholic, a movie fan, and so on)
• UX Analysis [SQL | EDA | UX Improvement]: Collaborated with UX team to design on device ‘Swipe Up’ functionality — enabling users to open Samsung Pay even when the display was off — by analyzing UX logs to identify usage patterns
• Business Strategy Analysis [SQL | EDA | Negotiation Support]: Worked with Samsung Pay Business Development team on negotiation strategies with Australian banks by analyzing bank app users and Samsung Pay, resulting in Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Westpac, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group, and National Australia Bank signed partnerships
- Data Scientist at Samsung Electronics Global HQ
- Billing System Operator at Samsung Electronics Global HQ
- Troop Information and Education Officer / Second - First Lieutenant at Republic of Korea Army
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- MS in Applied Analytics - Applied Analytics
- Bachelor's - Sociology
· Led developers for new version of the mortgage loan state transition models. These suites of models are foundations of mortgage portfolio pricing, which utilized logistic regressions with spline, interaction, and Monte Carlo simulation methodology to forecast loan status, revenue, cost and loss month over month. · Contributed to business strategy analysis (e.g Cash for key) and built models that can reduce loss by 10% · Architecture for reverse mortgage modeling and cash flow logic which provided important numbers for company quarterly loss reserve. · Improved model performance by enhancing variable selection process. Wrote a series of macros for model development and model validation. Macros increased Somers’ D by 25% on average · Supervised senior analysts on coding and process issues. Led offshore and BI teams on model dual validation and model monitoring process · Prepared and presented decks to Executive VPs once per month
- AVP, Quantitative Analytics at Mr. Cooper (formerly nationstar mortgage)
- Senior Analyst at Citi
- Commercial R&D Statistician at Farmers Insurance
- Lifecycle Pricing Analyst, at Mazda North American Operations
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Economics
- M.A. - Economics
- B.A. - Economics
October 2018 - December 2018)
Project Scope: Project - Eagle Data Strategy (Eagle Investment Systems)
Deliverables: Data Strategy - Help to isolate issues, define problem statements and suggest changes to current data strategy
Role: Business Analyst - Eagle Data Mapping / Start of Day / Data Quality Analyze current system usage and data structure, suggest industry best practices and data solutions.
• Interview client to define problem statements
• Analyze competitors to determine progressive data management structures
• Develop comprehensive data strategy presentation recommending best practices
• Present recommendations to CTO and business managers
- Senior Business Analyst at Charles Schwab
- Business Analyst - Data Integration Team at Federated Investors
- Business / Data Analyst on Interim Data at SWIB - State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- Senior Consultant at Citisoft
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance and Management
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration