Bürkert Group - Germany & USA
Promoted to a series of increasingly responsible positions
during 28-year tenure with the company (14 years in the USA)
GAS HANDLING BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER
• Bürkert Contromatic Corp. - Irvine, CA Manage a wide variety of responsibilities for this German-based, ISO-certified company that manufactures solenoid valves and sensor controls for industrial machines, medical devices, appliances, dental equipment, bio-pharmaceutical products and fuel cell equipment. Oversee the development, final assembly and testing of all products for the Gas Handling Division. (2009 to Present)
• Built division from start-up to $7 million in annual sales.
• Achieved 10-20% yearly growth.
• Supervise 7 direct reports in Engineering, Technical Services, Sales and Assembly Departments, with indirect oversight to a staff of 40+. CROSS-DEPARTMENTAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• R&D - Develop both customized and general interest products, such as pressure controllers and electronic gas mixers.
• Production - Research vendors worldwide for machine parts, electronic components and sheet metal, and engage in price negotiations.
• Quality - Manage all equipment calibration and testing.
• Sales - Oversee all sales in the Western USA. Visit major clients monthly, and participate in key trade shows to promote the company. PROMOTED FROM:
• Director of Engineering (2005 to 2009), and
• Senior Project Manager - Mass Flow (2004). PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
- GAS HANDLING BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER at Bürkert Group
- MANAGING DIRECTOR / R&D at Bürkert Group
- Product Manager for Control Valves at SYSTEMS BRANCH
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Mechanical Engineering
- None - Fine Mechanical Devices
Hired as member of Sales Team for start-up packaging company in November 2017; promoted to Business Unit Manager for Viking Packaging in April 2018 after company acquisition; oversees manufacturing of insulated shipping coolers; hires, trains, and supervises employees; source vendors; negotiates pricing; researches potential clients; coordinates trade show participation (ex: promoted new branded products at Pack Expo); gains and follow up on leads from trade shows; conducts sales presentations; calls on distribution to attain new business partnerships.
- Business Unit Manager / Business Development-Sales at Axis Packaging/Viking Packaging
- Division Manager at IPS Packaging
- at IPS Packaging
- Commercial Sales Team Leader at IPS Packaging
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Effective Sales Management
- - High Performance Sales
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Liberal Arts
- Auburn, Alabama 2012 - Present
A global provider of injection molded custom polymeric solutions and specialty protective packaging (vials) primarily serving the pharmaceutical industry. Using a patented advanced desiccant polymer technology, CSP Technologies manufactures innovative protection solutions that enhance the stability, shelf life, performance, and convenience of customer products. Business Unit Manager/Site Leader
Manage overall functions at this FDA compliant, ISO 9001 registered facility monitoring inspection/testing, assembly and warehousing labor, engineering, and shipping activities and budgets. Lead a group of eight managers and engineers, and 90 associates ensuring quality products are planned, scheduled, inspected/tested, and delivered on time. Specific Accomplishments:
• Maintained 100% customer on-time delivery
• Initiated and championed efficiency improvement and labor cost savings project totaling $250,000 annually
• Increased product throughput by 20% leveraging existing equipment resources
• Maintained direct labor and overhead expense favorable to budget
• Led two separate facility expansion efforts increasing capacity by nearly 30% and 25%, respectively
• Maintained customer quality acceptance to six-sigma levels
• Decreased scrap level by 20%
- Business Unit Manager/Site Leader at Aptar CSP Technologies
- Director of Operations at Hygia Health Services
- General Manager, Alabama Operations at Magnetech Industrial Service
- A worldwide developer at Boston Scientific Corporation
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
Business Unit Manager Injection Molding and Assembly
• (17) Injection Molding Machines – 250 ton to 1500 ton
• (18) Assembly lines – roof racks and side rails for Toyota / Honda / Ford / Nissan / GM
• (3) Shift molding operation / (2) shift Assembly operation
- Business Unit Manager at JAC Products
- Group Plant Manager at Decostar Industries (div. of Magna International)
- Plant Manager at Lear Corporation
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Industrial Engineering Technology
• Trained Merchandising Managers and Part Time Seasonal Merchandisers on executing each MSCO project perfectly.
• Controlled a ten million dollar budget for both regions, and increased profits for MSCO by adding new clientele.
• Assembled planograms and reset convenience stores' frozen beverage modular in the Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
• Created spreadsheets, graphs, and professional documents on financial reports concerning the supplies budget, traveling expense budget, and salary and wages budget for the Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
• Executed the hiring and firing of teams within the Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
• Monitored and recorded the Southeast and Gulf Coast teams' performance and provided daily reports on the conditions of the team's work in the convenience stores to Division Manager.
• Communicated with all Business Unit Managers, Merchandising Territory Managers, Division Managers, Circle K executive officers, Coca Cola executive officers, PepsiCo executive officers, Red Bull executive officers, Circle K District Managers, and Circle K Store Managers.
• Traveled and worked throughout all states that is within the Southeast, Coastal Carolinas, and Gulf Coast states.
• Created new Standard Operating Procedures for each reset program, and ensured that all teams understand the objective of each project.
- Business Unit Manager at MERCHANDISING SERVICES COMPANY
- Center Consultant at FEDEX OFFICE
- Retail Merchandiser at ACOSTA
- Marketing Manager at ZICO
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Business Unit Manager Program Director
• Product Specialist
• Marketing Committee Lead
• Key Account Presentations
• Sale training and support R & D
• Graphic Designer
• Artist/Illustrator Author for internal/external training manuals Public Speaking
• Community Outreach Workshops
• Translation of technical/engineer language into actionable sales and marketing strategies
• Managed multiple programs simultaneously
• Trade Shows
• Presentations for both B2B and B2C
• Retail presentation & strategy
- Product Director • Business Unit Manager at IMAGINATION INTERNATIONAL
- Freelance Graphic Designer at
- Senior Artist/Illustrator at Our Craft Lounge
18 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - MBA - Management, graduated with honors
- BFA - Multimedia Design
Responsible for the operations of the Tube Milling and Coatings Business Unit. Ensured policies and procedures were followed as I demonstrated a model behavior for safety, quality, cost, productivity, delivery, continuous improvement, and employee relations. Directed supervisors and engineering on day-to-day operations and projects. Responsible for meeting annual budget requirements including direct and indirect labor, scrap, cost of quality, and overtime. Evaluated, trained, and disciplined direct reports.
• Responsible for establishing business unit manpower requirements and adjusting manpower based on sales forecasting, turnover, and productivity improvements.
• Responsible for equipment, process, tooling capacity planning.
• Ensure 6S initiatives are implemented.
• Created production schedules. Key Achievements:
➢ Improved safety culture in the Milling and Coating BU, achieving 215+ days without a recordable incident.
➢ Increased OEE by 36% and OAE by 15%.
➢ Assisted reduction of plant scrap by $320,000 per month.
➢ Assisted the plant in increasing plant monthly efficiency by 20%.
➢ Increased production in CB department by 2.5M feet per week.
- Superintendent / Business Unit Manager at Cooper Standard Automotive
- Quality Engineer – Solutions Engine Team at Miba Sinter LLC, USA (MSUS)
- Quality Engineer I at Cooper Standard Automotive
- Engineer, Quality Associate at COOPER STANDARD AUTOMOTIVE
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate's - Industrial Systems Engineering Technology
Global sales of over $36M in utility automation products within a business unit: Managing direct reports, to include field sales engineers, product managers, and engineers. Multiple acquisition integration projects. Multiple site locations. Remote employee management. Direct pricing; corporate positioning; product launches; advertising; sales collateral and tradeshow marketing; Profit and loss responsibility; sales negotiations; regional strategic plan directives; quota setting/management; annual business planning.
● Maintain monthly orders vs quota reports for field sales engineers. Currently achieving 20% growth in orders vs 2017 and 4% growth in billings vs 2017.
● Achieved global sales exceeding $36M in Utility products by end of year 2018.
● Increased Recloser sales growth from $8M to $12.5M and improved margins from 38% to 48% through developed sales plans, dashboard/metric management, and customer satisfaction.
● Performed customer/market research and demographic profiling to identify and capitalize on potential market growth areas, customer buying patterns, and future expansion opportunities to drive product innovation and development.
● Multiple new product launches in the Utility Automation products. New product sales grew from $540k in 2017 to over $2.4M in 2018 YTD.
● Redesigned trade show booths to better display full capabilities of products.
● Managed the internal and external branding of catalogs, course guidelines, and training brochures
● Managed P&L statement, increased operating profit from 2.5% in 2017 to 10% YTD 2018
● Developed employees for promotions from applications engineers to product managers and engineering managers.
● Experienced as a hiring manager for multiple sales, marketing and engineering positions.
● Created customer playbook through data analysis to focus growth in key regions/products/markets.
● Created distributor performance report for added focus of field sales engineering team.
● Developed sales training materials, customer training material, and distributor training material.
- Business Unit Manager at Hubbell Inc
- Product Line Manager at Intelligent swtichgear organization
- Operational Excellence Director at Intelligent swtichgear organization
- Inside Sales Manager at Intelligent swtichgear organization
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Business Management - Business Management
Global leader in Industrial Automation (flow and pressure instrumentation), enabling precision process control for industrial and semiconductor applications. Responsible for Purge Business Unit (BU), producing and selling products through direct sales channel, manufacturers' representative network and distribution. Drove return on sales and revenue growth through continuous improvement and process improvement coupled with new product development, OEM growth and pricing strategies.
• Oversaw $18M revenue BU with full P&L responsibility consisting of multinational sales channel and 95 employees in three production facilities.
• Originated, prepared, and directed $600k capital expenditure for site rationalization. Upgraded capital equipment, fixed assets and building improvements delivering 20% YOY profitability improvement with payback period of less than two years.
• Delivered YOY operating income improvement of over 23%.
• Created and executed short and long-term operating plans reducing overhead percentages by 12% with a forecasted additional reduction of 7%.
• Researched, designed and implemented improved production process that increased efficiency and eliminated 8 production operations utilizing new equipment, new tooling and custom-engineered work-holding fixtures. Reduced delivery time from 8 weeks to 2 weeks.
• Evaluated and determined production locations for products considering facility expense, local wage rates, tariffs, and capital equipment requirements. Reduced delivery times by 1 week and material cost by 25%.
• Evaluated global go-to-market-strategy and hired four direct sales industrial account managers for key accounts in strategic territories and industries.
• Established e-commerce distribution channel for low dollar, high touch time orders for end users, universities and MRO accounts. Instituted minimum factory purchase requirement eliminating 500+ transactions annually.
• Negotiated volume-based pricing for key OEMs and end users. Established annual price list for standard products delivering 14% revenue increase.
• Collaborated with Marketing efforts to develop sales collateral (Brochures, Ap Notes, Product Guides) highlighting unique value propositions, addressing customer pain points and attracting new customers.
- Business Unit Manager at BROOKS INSTRUMENT, an ITW Company, Hatfield
- Director of Operations at BROOKS INSTRUMENT, an ITW Company, Hatfield
- Operations & Engineering Manager at KEY INSTRUMENTS
- Engineering Manager at KEY INSTRUMENTS
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - ITW Toolbox Training, Illinois Tool Works
- - Leadership for Today's Managers
• Reduced External Quality Escape PPM's by 80%
• Certified first Manufacturing Process in HS Puerto Rico - Control of application of adhesive on laminations, resulting in a reduction of 91% in lam separation defect
• Reduced Scrap Rework and Repair by 36% representing $299K per year
• Implemented first Quality Clinic On-Time Delivery
• Improved OTD from 81% to 95%
• Implemented Release to TAKT and Stock to TAKT metrics as leading indicators to OTD Safety
• Implemented over 12 projects reducing ergonomic and safety risks to acceptable levels per JHA Gold Standard
• Eliminated safety risks at the stockroom related to handling of inventory Total Manufacturing Cost
• Reduced TMC index in hours from 1.15 to 1.00 representing a reduction of over $200k per year in Variation
• Reduced Standard Hours on PRE3 top assemblies representing more than $300k per year in savings for ES and AMS enterprises
• Increased Productivity from 81% to 86% Communication
• Presented Puerto Rico's performance and achievements on Monthly Operations Reviews with ES and AMS Enterprise customers
• Held Monthly Skip Level meetings with DL associates to discuss performance, initiatives, events, needs and opportunities Process Excellence / ACE
• Achieved ACE Silver Level Performance for the Business Unit
• Reduced Aged Work Orders from over 160 to under 10
- Operations Business Unit Manager at HAMILTON SUNDSTRAND AEROSPACE
- Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager at
- Lean Transformation Manager at Process Excellence
- Manufacturing Superintendent at UNITED STATES SURGICAL CORPORATION
11 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Industrial Engineering