• Issue purchase orders for all departments
• Provide daily updates to management on open orders and shortages
• Buyer/planner for domestic & international suppliers
• Lead initiative to review spend on lighting/electrical usage, resulting in $45,000 annual savings.
- Buyer/Planner at Velvac, Inc
- Marketing Assistant at Accelity Marketing
- Marketing Internship at W.M. Sprinkman Corporation
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing and Supply Chain Operations Management - Marketing and Supply Chain Operations Management
Buyer Planner for a distribution company. Order materials from principles to replenish stocking levels in warehouses. Set pricing for sales. Work with CSR on customer orders to get materials to customers on time. Run MRP reports and overalocated reports. Work with accounting on any credits and rebills.
- Buyer/Planner at Monson Companies
- Temporary contract Senior Buyer at Milacron Systems Incorporated
- Temporary contract Senior Buyer at Cobham Corporation Exeter NH
- Temporary contract MRO Buyer order and negotiate all MRO at Teledyne Technologies DGO Portsmouth NH
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
• Team Leader or Co-Leader on 7 Lean Transformation Kaizen events within past 12 months.
• Reduced inventory dollars in designated cells by ~ 47% by properly applying Lean tools.
• Create Material Plans for designated areas as a means to reduce cost.
• Assess late, current, and future demand and create a production plan to meet customer demand.
• Build and maintain relationships with suppliers on a local and global scale. Production Planner
• Calculate plant capacity and assist in determining resources needed to meet committed delivery dates.
• Create production schedule to meet customer delivery requirements and maximize productive capacity.
• Compile data and analyze past productivity and potential points of improvement.
- Buyer/Planner at Juno Lighting Group by Acuity Brands
- Manufacturing Engineer at Acuity Brands Lighting
- Operations Analyst I at Ingram Micro Mobility
- National Accounts Sourcing Specialist at Fastenal Company
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Management
Buyer & planner for a retail eyewear distributor. Primary representative for the materials management and procurement for retailers Gap, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Boscov's, Dillards, Nordstrom, and Hudson Group.
• Manage and monitor inventory levels for all accounts
• Generate reports and spread sheets to analyze sales data, sales forecasts and plan purchasing of goods
• Communicate with the development team regarding specifications, design issues and approval of goods for production
• Generate purchase orders, confirm pro-forma invoices, and follow up with vendors to ensure on time delivery
• Communicate with logistics company to ensure on time deliveries and expedite as needed
• Create and maintain skus/UPCs for each account per season
• Prepare debit memos for incorrect shipments
• Assist in negotiating costs and fees with factories
• Determine when goods should be moved to closeout status
• Communicate daily with factories in China to produce eyewear and eyewear accessories, track, and ship orders.
• Manage supplier relationships and quality control service issues
- Buyer/Planner at Safilo USA
- Purchaser at Heliodyne, Inc
- Purchaser at Interstate Oil Company
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Worked as a Buyer / Planner in Procurement Department for 2 years. Ramped up very quickly and became a leader within the team. Improved processing while balancing production and compliance requirements. Accomplishments included:
• MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) and scheduling of raw materials for manufacturing of radiation detection equipment. Supported a complex device (TLD - thermoluminescent dosimeter).
• Used Infor XA as MRP system and utilized Kanban method for planning.
• Submitted Purchase Orders to 200+ international and local suppliers, and expedited when needed.
• Was Purchasing Lead for successful RoHS compliance transition for Oakwood site. Had aggressive targets and supported all products.
• Built strong relationships with Engineers, Technicians, Accounting, Customer Service as well as Suppliers. Received recognition for knowledge of job and impact on other groups.
• Controlled inventory by working with suppliers and reducing purchasing quantities where feasible.
• Complied with Engineering Change Notification (ECN) and request (ECR) processes.
• Participated in Sourcing decisions and worked closely with vendors.
• Partnered with Quality department to address defects per the NCMR (Non Conforming Material Report) and take necessary action. Performed an ISO internal audit.
• Proactively communicated order status with customer service, to ensure good customer experience.
- Buyer / Planner at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Assistant Buyer at Venture Lighting International
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts - History
Buyer / Planner
Willis Machine, 200 Kinetic Drive, Oxnard CA 93030,
December 2016 – Present
• Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, outside processing services, special tools and equipment repair
• Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
• Verifies data accuracy parts numbers, BOMs, Part Costs in MRP reports.
• Expedites delivery of goods to users and follows up with complete communication of action taken.
• Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control and management, negotiates prices and delivery terms.
• Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with MRP requirements. Assist in scheduling the shop floor and maintain shop floor control on production board.
• Coordinates quality issues and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
• Visits suppliers facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality andor delivery problems.
• Ensures that procurement records and operating system are maintained to document items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Operates in compliance with all company policies and procedures business ethics, export and compliance.
- Buyer/Planner at Willis Machine
- Production Control Specialist at Parker Hannifin
7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Buyer / Planner Responsible for the Injection Molding production plans and attainment, raw material planning, purchasing and inventory levels, Rough-Cut Capacity Analysis and plant’s chemical inventory planning, purchasing and inventory control. Ø Reduced to zero manufacturing down time due to raw material shortage. Ø Created and updated on a weekly basis a two-week rolling manufacturing plans for the 23 Injection Molding Machines. Ø Planned for 65+ molds production demand based on order dates for internal and external customers. Ø Responsible to establish and review the Safety Stock levels of raw material and sub-assy. Components. Ø Planned, organized, directed and controlled daily work order operations. Ø Analyzed and controlled the flow of inventory.
- Buyer/Planner at Baxter Healthcare
- Supply Chain - Consultant at MERCHANDISER RETAIL SOLUTIONS
- Manufacturing Planner-Buyer at ST. JUDE MEDICAL
- MRO Buyer at ST. JUDE MEDICAL
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Business Administration - (IP) – APICS CPIM and CSCP Courses completed, able to focus on the technical details of production and project needs.
Automotive Raw Material Buyer/Planner Process all Purchase Orders for Raw material components, review for accuracy, send to Suppliers, and confirm receipt and delivery Anticipate raw material requirements for Floor Mat and Fabric departments Communicate purchasing needs to material Suppliers. Responsible for Supplier forecasting Manage Inventory Levels Analyze impact of material price increases to inventory value as well as to monthly/annual purchase. Analyze effects of material price increases to profit margins Decreased rolling monthly inventory values by 3.5k within first six months Negotiate Inventory terms with domestic suppliers Work with multiple Freight brokers to advise delivery status of overseas materials
- Buyer/Planner at Suminoe Textile America
- Administrative Assistant at KEG Technologies, Inc
- Office Manager at Mike Varner Plumbing, Inc
- Safety Coordinator / Administrative Team Leader at Tegrant Corporation Alloyd Brands
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school
Planner for multi-machine work cells. Assessed long term machine and personnel requirements through rough cut capacity requirements. Purchased and maintained inventory to meet production, inventory level, and customers' needs. Held positions as Buyer/Planner, Operations Manager, and Supply Chain Sourcing Specialist.
- Senior Buyer/Planner at LAI INTERNATIONAL
- INFORMATION ANALYST at ATLANTIS TECHNICAL SERVICES
- PIC MANAGER at KURT MANUFACTURING
- PIC COORDINATOR at PARAGON LABELING SYSTEMS
10 years, 7 months at this Job
- CERTIFICATE - PROJECT MANAGEMENT
As the Supply Chain Buyer/Planner my responsibilities are as follows:
• Material Purchasing ◦ Communicate and build relationships with vendors ◦ Plan and create purchase orders for production materials ◦ Control inventory levels for all production materials.
• Inventory Control ◦ Maintain proper inventory levels ◦ Continue to monitor and maintain warehouse material locations ◦ Develop reports to assess material usage ◦ Negotiated stocking programs with vendors
• Planning ◦ Forecasting material demand and usage ◦ Strategic Operations planning ◦ Develop and maintain weekly, monthly, and annual load plans
- Supply Chain Buyer/Planner at Paperworks Packaging Corp
- Private Tutor at
- Cooling Tower Regional Sales and Construction Manager at Cyrco, inc
- Information Systems and Supply Chain Manager at DBJ Corporation
3 months at this Job