● Create new items in database as they are approved for sale
● Coordinate the buying process between suppliers and the buying team
● Use multiple spreadsheets to issue in-store order pick-ups and send email notifications to alert customers of ready to pick up items
● Prepare sales reports and status reports
● Support team with long-term projects
● Update Total Wine website to reflect changes to products
- Buying Assistant at Total Wine & More
- Coordinator Assistant at TEGNA INC
- Interviewer at Healthstream Research
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration - Marketing
For over a year I was the Manager, Calendar Admin, and Talent Buying assistant at Resident DTLA which is an up and coming venue located in Downtown Los Angeles. Throughout my time as Resident I used Ticketfly to create, maintain, and manage various events. While working side by side with our in house talent buyer, we were able to efficiently streamline all event experiences for staff, talent, and audience. My duties also included closing the bar nightly, cash management, cash handling, and staff management. I was also responsible for dealing with talent. Some of my duties included hospitality, settlement, guest list management, and production management. My goal is to help talent have the best experience possible while keeping them comfortable and attending to any needs they might have. Along with all of the aforementioned duties, I was also acting production and stage manager. My responsibilities included advancing events, collecting stage plots and W9's, and making sure events ran on schedule. I did all of this by listening to the talents needs and working with them to make the events run as smoothly as possible.
- Venue Manager, Calendar Admin, Production Manager & Talent Buying Assistant at Resident DTLA
- Box Office Manager at Resident DTLA
- eCommerce Coordinator/Project Manager/Customer relations/Social media coordinator at Rev Distribution
1 year, 5 months at this Job
New car sales. Assisting buyers in making a decision.
● Telephone marketing, as a way of developing business.
● Intimate knowledge of business acumen, as it pertains to negotiation.
● Partnering with desk managers. to insure guest satisfaction.
● Financial applications, handling sensitive information.
● Writing contracts, ensuring all proper documents are submitted..
● Staying on top of a pipeline of leads.
● Following up with guests who bought as a way of guaranteeing satisfaction.
- Buying Assistant at Van Chevrolet
- Retail Sales Associate at Ashley Furniture
- Director of Sleep at Revive
- Assistant Manager at Conn's Home Plus
3 months at this Job
* Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met * Report project plans, progress, and results. * Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks, and service agreements. * Collaborate with other departments as necessary to meet customer requirements, to take advantage of sales opportunities or, in the case of shortages, to minimize negative impacts on a business. * Direct team activities, establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources. * Redesign the movement of goods to maximize value and minimize costs. * Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends * Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies; send them to the suppliers. * Review inventories and order as required * Track the status of orders. * Deal with non-supplied, back orders, under orders, over orders and damaged goods. * Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment. * Took the initiative to create SOPs * Generally, help out with smaller purchases, reviews and inventory matters.
- BUYING ASSISTANT/FREIGHT PLANNER at RESTAURANT DEPOT
- INVENTORY CONTROL/WAREHOUSE ADMIN at SMART &FINAL
- AUTOMATED LOGISTICS SPECIALIST at US ARMY
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- BA OF ARTS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE - CRIMINAL LAW
• Support the Buying Director to oversee the product life cycle of a sub-group of products.
• Act as a liaison between the Buying Director and vendors while maintaining positive vendor relationships.
• Responsible for various computer applications, database management, report generation and tracking spreadsheets.
• Request and obtain product samples from vendors.
• Organize, draft, and manage company documents in paper and electronic files.
• Prepare materials for Buying Director for vendor meetings and/or product samplings.
• Maintain Buying Director's calendar by coordinating and scheduling calls, appointments, meetings and/or travel arrangements.
• Collaborate on additional ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Produce Corporate Buying Assistant at ALDI
- Designated Service Coordinator at DayOneNetwork
- Salon Manager at L.A. Tan
- Training Intern at Squalus, Inc
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
• Traveled with the Director of Sourcing/Purchasing on buying trips & jewelry shows (AGTA, GJX, & AJS)
• Created and analyzed reports to analyze sales and inventory levels
• Scheduled meetings with suppliers and introduced new vendors to the company
• Price per carat negotiation on gemstones and finished goods
• Reviewed incoming products for and promoted items to sales staff
• Assisted on Buying trips & jewelry shows (AGTA, GJX, & AJS)
- Buying Assistant at Gem Shopping Network
- Product Specialist at Gem Shopping Network
- Sales Representative (Live Chat Rep) at Gem Shopping Network
- Hostess at California Dreaming
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Marketing
• Responsible for 150 products at one time and handling them through every stage of development.
• Working with supplier's by negotiating costs in order to hit a margin. Also work with artwork agencies in completing projects.
• Scheduling food samplings, meetings, and phone calls. Handling director's calendar and travel schedules.
• Responsible for writing contracts, communicating with 24 divisions, putting together cost analysis, and collecting all information needed to finish a project.
• Pulling sales reports, keeping up with competitive retails, and projecting possible sales.
• Utilizing my strong organizational skills to meet deadlines and see all projects through.
- Corporate Buying Assistant at ALDI
- Spa Director at Massage Envy
- Managing Partner at L.A. Tan
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
• Processed high volume of high-end furniture special order SKUs and purchase orders using specifications provided by designers accurately and in a timely manner
• Reviewed sales orders to ensure deposits were paid and correct lead times were quoted before processing purchase orders
• Communicated with designers, store managers, and vendors regarding discrepancies on furniture specifications, details, quoted lead time and pricing
• Trained new employees in buying department on how to process special order SKUs and purchase orders accurately
• Assisted in organizing wood finish, leather, and fabric samples, calculating retail pricing and discounts, and generating high-end furniture stock SKUs
- Buying Assistant -Special Order Processing at Cantoni
- Purchasing Assistant at Cool Glow, LLC
- Retail Loan Closer at PeirsonPatterson
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Science - Management Science
Responsible for various computer applications such as database management, report generation and tracking spreadsheets. Liaison between Buying Director and Suppliers/Manufacturers on a daily basis. Responsible for a set area of products from concept phase to on store shelves. Manages, records and drafts company documents in paper and electronic files. Manages multiple projects at once by prioritizing, setting deadlines and coordinating the flow of information internally and/or externally. Prepares materials for Buying Director as needed for meetings or product samplings. Maintains Buying Director's calendar by arranging and coordinating calls, scheduling appointments, and meetings arrangements. Planning and coordinating events such as potlucks, life events, and group outings.
- Corporate Buying Assistant at ALDI
- Branch Coordinator/Onsite Coordinator at Volt Workforce Solutions
- Recruiter at Transtechs Oakbrook, IL
- Staffing Specialist at The Job Store
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business of Commerce
- Ran and processed daily regional merchandise and financial reports . - Handled purchase order management including writing, cancelling, and making changes. -Ensured deliveries were shipped and processed on time. - Maintained effective relationship with vendors.
- Buying Assistant at Ross Dress For Less
- General Manager l at Cotton On
- Supervisor l at H&M
8 months at this Job
- AS - Business Administration ,
- AS - Social and Behavioral Science
- AS - Fashion Merchandising