Position Title: National Category Manager
Location: Pharmasave Drugs (National) Ltd. (Langley, BC)
Type: Full time starting February 2020
Pharmasave is one of Canada’s leading independent community pharmacies. Founded in 1981 and now with more than 700 stores across Canada, Pharmasave has focused on building a national platform of community-based retail outlets designed to provide exceptional patient-centred healthcare, medication advice, drug store products and customer service. We are looking for an energetic and detail-oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and takes pride in their career to work in our fast-paced National office in Langley, BC.
The successful candidate will join our close-knit team on a full-time basis and become a key contributor to our Category Management team. The Category Manager works under the direction of the Senior Category Manager & Director of Merchandising and manages categories, coordinates promotional activity, negotiates contracts and spend agreements, analyzes category data, develops planograms, maintains accurate records for finance and attends trade conferences to improve category knowledge.
- Manages assigned categories as per the Category Manager Job Description.
- Works in conjunction with Pharmasave teams, stores and vendors to develop and communicate strategies in support of the national Strategic plan.
- Ensures that established practices, and procedures are maintained and followed.
- Manages the growth, sales and profitability of assigned categories.
- Coordinates promotional and pricing programs.
- Analyzes category performance and adjusts plans accordingly.
Skills, Experience & Education:
- Strong attention to detail and planning.
- Able to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proven analytical, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in MS Office suite including Word and Excel.
Category management and retail sector experience an asset.
- Minimum 12 years of general education or equivalent.
- University or College certificate in related field is an asset.
If your profile matches our requirements, please forward a résumé stating wage expectations in confidence to the Merchandising Department via email: [email protected] by January 10, 2020.
Note: Please identify the complete position title in the subject line of your email.
Please do not fax or mail your resume, email online only. This position is only open to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.