We are seeking a Planner (Real Estate Development) to join our growing team! You will be providing assistance in managing the multiple aspects of the development process – from feasibility analysis, land and servicing research, concept plans, development applications, to project occupancy and registration.
About this opportunity:
- Analyse planning status and prepare concept plans for potential projects.
- Prepare all materials necessary for submission to the regulatory bodies for the property development.
- Prepare municipal development applications, including determination of information requirements, official plan amendments, zoning by-laws, site plans, severances, minor variances, draft plans of subdivision, draft plans of condominium, and condominium registration, Committee of Adjustment approval, Conservation Authority approvals, Ministry of the Environment approvals, etc.
- Co-ordinate with municipal staff and other approval agencies.
- Co-ordinate Tarion registration, securities, and clearances.
- Co-ordinate residential/condominium/industrial/commercial registration.
- Assist in the project budget preparation. Track project actual costs against forecast and budget and resolve discrepancies.
- Review of consultant reports and design work, provide input from a technical, practical and marketing perspective.
- Prepare building permits, and other municipal permits relating to servicing, construction, access, encroachments, tree removal, etc.
- Assist in the selection and hiring process of project consultants.
- Manage relationships and interface on a daily basis with engineers, contractors, architects and colleagues on a variety of projects.
- Develop, manage and update project schedule incorporating all phases of the project cycle.
- Experience in land use planning with demonstrated knowledge of complex projects (i.e. subdivision plans, official plan and zoning amendments, sites plan approvals, plans of condominium etc.)
- A thorough understanding of the Planning and Development processes, including Draft Plan of Subdivision and Condominium, Zoning Amendments, and Site Plan approval
- In depth knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- University degree
Why JD Development:
- Amazing team environment
- Hands on management
- Unique office environment and supportive culture
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- We will inspire you, challenge you and support you on your path to growth and success