Alexander Lumber Co. is seeking a Cabinet & Counter Sales Associate for our Champaign, Illinois lumber yard.
This position will work directly with our Customers at the lumber yard and focus on selling Cabinets. Experience and knowledge of the building material industry would be helpful and retail sales experience is desired, as the key to success in this role lies in being able to answer customer questions and selling lumber, building materials and supplies. Willing to train someone who is eager to learn about the industry and position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Strong customer service and focus on sales.
· Provide customers with product information, pricing and delivery schedules.
· Writes orders, resolves problems, and relays information for customers.
· Generates quotes, coordinates purchases of special products and reviews vendor acknowledgements for accuracy.
· Schedules deliveries, creates accurate and complete sales tickets.
· Stocking & maintaining shelves and displays.
· Processes credits and returns as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY & PERFORMANCE MEASURES
· Must be responsible, self motivated and take ownership of tasks and training.
· Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
· Required to be a good team member and work well with others.
· Verbal and written communication skills are essential.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
– Need to be reasonably skilled at typing.
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
– Background Check and Drug Screening is performed on all new hires.
A family-owned organization, Alexander Lumber Co. has been active in the lumber industry since 1891; the company has been helping build communities for more than 128 years. With a dozen locations, including two truss plants, across Illinois, southeast Wisconsin, and eastern Iowa, Alexander Lumber offers general contractors, custom builders, professional re-modelers, and project-minded consumers a wide selection of high-quality materials and supplies, including lumber, decking, cabinetry, windows, siding, doors, and much more, to complete building projects of any size.
Alexander Lumber takes great pride in the level of customer service and quality of products we provide. We always are looking for high-energy people who want to join a dynamic team that strives to make a difference to our customers and in our communities. Learn more about our legacy at www.alexlbr.com