Senior Architectural CAD Engineer for the development of a new Vehicle Quality Facility and Engine Assembly Duties included the complete design and coordination of automobile assembly line machinery. Responsible for all phases of checking details, dimensions and evaluation of design and drafting standards.
- Senior CAD Engineer at AEROTEK ENERGY SERVICES for HONDA MANUFACTURING OF ALABAMA
- Senior CAD Technician at CHARLES WILLIAMS ASSOCIATES ARCHITECTS
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
L&W Engineering Group, Huron Charter Township, MI Sep 2012 ~ Aug 2018
CAD Engineer ~ Data Coordinator ~ ECN Analyst
Daily Duties: Support All OEM engineering Teams and quoting groups with customer CAD data. Facilitated CAD data transactions from each OEM customers and translate files for our engineers.
To include : Light design modifications, drafts, working layouts, master drawings of automotive vehicle components, assemblies, and systems from specifications, sketches, models, prototype or verbal instructions by performing the following duties. CAD Engineer Duties:
Analyze specifications, sketches, engineering drawings, ideas and related design data to determine critical factors affecting design of components.
Create draft and master sketches and performs mathematical computations to develop design and work out detailed specifications of components.
Applies knowledge of mathematical formulas and physical laws and uses conventional and computerized work aids to make calculations.
Performs preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings adequate for detailing parts and units of design.
Makes revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design.
Confers with Automotive Engineer and others on staff to resolve design problems.
• Facilitated various types of CAD Data Transfer’s both internally, externally and abroad to support customers requirement for: Quoting, Tooling, Quality and Program Management Teams.
• Executed Data Translations: IDEAS, UG and CATIA Software : UG Para-Solids, EXP files, IGS, .model files, STP files, IDEAS Import / Export (.pkg files)
• Create & Maintain FTP site (L&W Group Secure Data Exchange & issue and or reset FTP login credentials) new user accounts as well as provided customer service to where needed to resolve any issues with data compatibility, login issues and or assisting with other miscellaneous tasks when necessary to send or receive CAD data and required documents via the customer : Ford Tce/Teamcenter. LD Annotations Via Digital Buck Covisent ~ Stannard/Requirements Details BMW Group Partner Portal: Prisma DXM For Business Partner: b2b.bmw.com Rocket/TrueSource/Tribiquity (GM/FCA) Nissan TCPassion/Import~Export:Study & DesignNote Data HondaWeb: Data Portal Tesla Supplier Portal Brose Supplier Portal CATIA/NX/I-Deas specific knowledge Ability to design in surfaces & solid models using the latest version of CATIA/NX/I-Deas software. Ability to export/translate math data for use from CATIA/NX/I-Deas for use in other CAD software Ability to create Standard Engineering drawings in relation to American Society of Engineers using CATIA/NX/I-Deas software Working knowledge of die building in conjunction with CATIA/NX/I-Deas software Ability to create and analyze data from CATIA/NX/I-Deas software and create reports for customer presentations FMEA and DFMEA knowledge GD&T knowledge A working knowledge of the ANSI Y14.5m standards and drawing application. Extensive knowledge of customer drawing and design standards: History/TitleBlockDetails.
- CAD Engineer at L & W Engineering
- Quality Recourse Coordinator at The PIC Group
- Sales Administration at Alcoa
- CAD Designer : U222/228 Program at Alcoa
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associates of Science - Industrial Drafting Technologies
• Draft detailed CAD drawings based on the field engineers' photos and notes E.I.T.
• Map planned modifications to existing structures verifying their feasibility
• Create reports analyzing tower conditions for prospective buyers ABOUT ME
• Work with project managers to meet deadlines, filling in on field work whenever necessary Self-motivated and
• Streamline steps in common jobs to increase department hardworking, seeking a output career in Aerospace with a focus on design CONTACT ME SENIOR DESIGN PROJECT 7003 Valerie Anne Dr GE Turbine Repair, Greenville, SC Raleigh, NC 27613
• Identified bottleneck in gas turbine nozzle repair process to reduce labor costs and improve worker experience [email protected]
• Designed unique cooling port masking process
• Performed load analysis and thermodynamic calculations (615) 719-1898 to verify feasibility of designs
• Requested quotes from suppliers. Collaborated with suppliers on design compared with their capabilities to Achievements ensure best product and price.
• Certified Engineer in Training by passing SKILLS the Fundamentals of
● Proficient with AutoCAD, MATLAB, Mathematica, Creo Engineering exam Parametric, Working Model, and R
• CITCA certified for
● Excellent communication skills tower climbing and
● Extensive use of Microsoft Office products rescue
● Significant background in customer service roles
• Launched and
● Experience coordinating with suppliers recovered a high-
● Basic construction and automotive repair experience altitude weather
● Well-traveled domestically and internationally balloon for a Midlands Technical College funded project
- CAD Engineer at Engineered Tower Solutions
7 months at this Job
Reverse engineer and create manufacture drawings for semiconductor equipments. Interacting and consulting with manufacturing, and engineers to develop drafts. Strond 3D CAD modeling skills. Create 3D assemblies using Solid works and Auto Cad. Manage Part control System.. (M2M) (Quantum)(MRB). Create Assembly procedures to facilitate assembling of product. Operate Manual and Automatic CMMs Mitutoyo 7106 (QC inspection) Use micrometers, calipers, pin sets and optical comparators. Responsible for designing all of our packaging. Support project for new facility. (Updating Auto Cad floor plan dwgs.) Detail representations of product using word documents (word, exel) Familiar with steel welding fabrication practices
- Mechanical Cad Engineer at Clean Part
- at Scott Lamp
- Engineer and design Auto Cad drawings for Surgical chairs at Dexta Corporation
- at Vintage Ranch Properties
19 years, 2 months at this Job
- Cams - Gears
Design and detail 3D components and assemblies of steering columns using Catia v5 and NX.
• Design components using experience in different manufacturing processes; castings, forgings, stampings, powdered metal, machine turned components, molded plastics
• Assist in Product Engineering with packaging concept designs in various customer environments to meet customer requirements.
• Preparing detailed drawings of new and existing product components and assemblies.
• Insure that all drawings / data comply with customer appropriate standards, as well as global data management criteria.
• Apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Lead in all data management for Ford and Nissan Teamcenter and Enovia Smarteam
• Operation of 3D Printer machine including CAD Support for design and preparation of parts for rapid prototype processing
• Identify possible quality issues and suggest the corrective action needed according to quality assurance system. PLANSEE MITSUBISHI GLOBAL: RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT, Livonia, MI New Project Designer / Detailer Created all Unigraphics NX, Catia v5, Inventor, and I-DEAS part modeling and drafting for the Research and Development department. Communicated with Application Engineers to complete customer quotes using CAD data and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Aided R&D group with preliminary carrier part models and prints for a large GM planetary gear carrier program that was later awarded to the company.
• Developed CAD data for Sachs Torque Converter 300mm cam and race program awarded to the company
• Provided CAD support for the GM 300mm One-Way Clutch race program that was awarded 2006 MPIF Design Excellence Award
• Collaborated with customers and supplied all CAD data for Exedy F27 One-Way Clutch assembly program awarded to the company
• Designed the Valvetrain and Transmission Department website.
- CAD Engineer at NSK Steering Systems America
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- BS - Computer-Aided Design & Manufacturing
- MS, Mechanical Engineering - Technology
• Generated 3D models of patient knees from diagnostic CT images, and used commercial and research software to design patient specific orthopedic instruments and medical devices.
• Defined and implemented updated work instructions to improve conformance rates without increasing design times.
• Utilized imaging software and DICOM datasets to determine patient anatomy and isolate non-conforming materials.
• Participated in research programs, quality assurance, and quality improvement projects carried on in the company.
• Executed paperwork and Conformis Information System functions as necessary for each implant.
• Managed development projects following existing design and manufacturing standards.
• Trained manufacturing and imaging support teams to identify and address deviations.
• Designed femoral implants and surgical jigs using proprietary modeling software.
• Assisted the development and review of software validation test protocols.
• Performed under the company FDA and ISO-conforming quality system.
• Worked as part of an interdisciplinary team of imaging specialists, software and mechanical engineers, and surgeons to facilitate and implement new designs, engineering changes, and software development for CAD processes.
- CAD Engineer at Conformis Inc
- Teaching Assistant at Parsons School of Design
- Design Associate at LIGHTSHED
- Studio Assistant at LIGHTSHED
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- BFA - Architectural Design
design and develop tools to meet customers' needs and specifications
• manufacture prototype tools, reverse engineer tools to improve design
• create CAD data drawings of parts, establish/eliminate quality variations in manufacturing process
• establish and improve manufacturing processes, design and build fixtures for tools/manufacturing
• train personnel in manufacturing processes
• customer and plant technical support
• create job packets/travelers for production
- Design / CAD Engineer at H.E. Parmer
- Design/Cad Engineer at Davert
- Quality Technician at Davert usa
- Quality Inspection at Bowling Green metal forming
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- AAS - Machine tool technology. Cnc and manual machining
• Reviewed all drawings for errors and inconstancies
• Created Key Point Indicators for the Drafting team
• Liaison between Drafting and Engineering
• Lead contact for all outgoing Engineer Change Orders
• Backup to the drafting supervisor and the drafting manager
• Communicate all closed ECOs to both Engineering and Manufacturing
• Developed an engineering manual to standardize all part descriptions
• Helped rewrite out of date drafting standards
• Coach other less experienced drafters about processes and Siemens policies
- CAD Engineer at Siemens Mobility
- Wayside CAD Engineer at National Signal Technology
- CAD Engineer at System One LLC
- Counselor at Dynasty Security
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Management and Leadership - Management and Leadership
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Support all OEM Engineering Teams and various departments with customer CAD data. Facilitated CAD data transactions from each OEM customer and generate detailed CAD packages for release to our ECN Data tracking system. To include: Light design modifications, drafts, working layouts, master drawings of automotive vehicle components, assemblies, and systems from specifications, sketches, models, prototype or verbal instructions by performing the following duties. CAD Engineer:
• Analyze specifications, sketches, engineering drawings, ideas and related design data to determine critical factors affecting design of component crash conditions.
• Utilized the 'Digital Buck' Vis software to conduct various study and design reviews.
• Create draft and master sketches and performs mathematical computations to develop design and work out detailed specifications of components.
• Applies knowledge of mathematical formulas and physical laws and uses conventional and computerized work aids to make calculations.
• Performs preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings adequate for detailing parts and units of design.
• Makes revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design.
• Confers with Automotive Engineer and others on staff to resolve design problems.
• CATIA & NX Ability to perform light design modifications using the latest version of CATIA/NX-UG
• Ability to create Standard Engineering drawings in relation to American Society of Engineers.
• Working knowledge of TCe Teamcenter.
• Ability to create and analyze data and create detailed reports for customer presentations.
• Generate 3D-GDT pdf using customer 3D Annotations for presentations & CAD package release.
• A working knowledge of the ANSI Y14.5m standards and drawing application.
• Extensive knowledge of customer drawing and design standards: History/Title Block details. Data Coordinator:
• Executed Data Translations: IDEAS, UG and CATIA.
• Create & Maintain FTP new user accounts as well as provided customer service where needed to resolve issues with data compatibility, login issues and or assisting with other miscellaneous assistance.
• Facilitated various types of CAD Data Transfer's both internally, externally and abroad to support customer(s)requirements & internal dept/teams: Quoting, Tooling, Quality, Dimensional, Engineering and Program Mgt.
• Ford TCe/Teamcenter
• GM Teamcenter
• FCA Teamcenter
• Covisent ~ Stannard/Requirements Details
• BMW Group Partner Portal: Prisma DXM For Business Partner: b2b.bmw.com
• Rocket/TrueSource/Tribiquity (GM/FCA)
• Nissan TCPassion/Import~Export:Study & DesignNote Data
• HondaWeb: Data Portal
• Tesla Supplier Portal
• Brose Supplier Portal ECN Analyst:
• Preform extensive cross reference of ECN/Notice Number before creation of each new CAD Design Change/ECN Release data package.
• Ensure all necessary documents have been accounted for (Weld Details/GDT/Annotations/DWG, Material Spec, E-Coat) so that each customer manufacturing expectations are being made via their specific direction.
• Developed strategy of numbering system to incorporate vital details of ECN into file name.
• Developed bump-chart tracking matrix to ensure the highest level of accuracy for each CAD release package either physical math data change and or clerical for accountability of costs. Maintained by continuous cross-referencing ECN sequencing for each issued component/asm with a new version/revision or level bump.
- CAD Engineer ~ Data Coordinator ~ ECN Analyst at L&W Engineering Group, Huron
- Quality Recourse Coordinator at The PIC Group
- Sales Administration at Alcoa
- CAD Designer at Alcoa
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associates of Science Degree - Industrial Drafting Technologies
Ran a small team programing CNC machines using alphaCam, which is a 2d/3d CAD software. Includes drawing the kitchen after receiving measurements, creating a digtial layout and communicating with the customer to insure the details are to their satisfaction, and programming a fusion CNC machine to cut the countertop accurately. Followed a production schedule to insure deadlines were met. Measured countertops with a laser templator.
- Head CAD Engineer at Urban Stone
- Delivery Driver at Your Pizza Shop
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - general