Place: Pune, India
Duration: August 10th 2011 to December 24th 2012
Designation: Production/Calibration Engineer. Responsibilities:
* Monitoring & management of production floor.
* Testing and calibration of products which include Indicators, Controllers, Scanners, Data Acquisition Systems (DAS), Alarm Annunciators, Transmitters, Simulators, Flow Indicator Totalizer.
• Testing ofTemperature Sensors (Thermocouples, Multi Spot Temperature Sensors, Platinum Resistance Bulbs (Pt-100)), * Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, Discuss with staff, and management personnel regarding procedures, product specifications, and project status * Ensuring the quality of materials & the manufacturing processes are in accordance with the project-specifications * Product Dispatching. * Giving training to the technicians related to the masters and how to calibrate the equipment's with these masters * Coordinate with store department for necessary spare parts & inventory control. * Reporting periodically to Manager; preparing reports.
- Production/Calibration Engineer at Electronics Systems and Devices
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Instrumentation and Control Engineering
ZL1 Camaro/ T1 Pickup Truck and SUV/ FWD SUV
● Lead Clutch Control Calibration Engineer for multiple new product launches for 10 speed RWD car and truck and 9 speed FWD crossover, meeting all calibration milestones and deliverables
● Supported durability and engine calibration teams to root cause and resolve transmission related uses
● Optimized transmission calibrations through in vehicle data collection and analysis to produce world class shift quality and achieve best in class JD Power scores
● Represented transmission and powertrain on local buy off rides and development test trips
● Actively participated in calibration peer reviews and provided technical direction to support personnel and management
● Coordinated calibration activities with Vehicle and Powertrain personnel to maximize resource efficiency
- Lead Transmission Clutch Control Calibration Engineer at GENERAL MOTORS LLC
- Lead Development Engineer at GENERAL MOTORS LLC
- Engineering Consultant at NATURAL DESIGN
- Mechanical Engineer at UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Senior Capstone Design Project
• Successfully calibrated Air Measurement and Engine Thermal Management for 2018 / 2019 Chevrolet Volt, Chevrolet Equinox, and GMC Terrain
• Conducted chassis dynamometer tests using changing elevation, speed, and temperature settings
• Customized new engine control modules for each vehicle program
• Analyzed warranty data to guide continuous improvement of algorithms and calibrations for multiple vehicle programs
• Organized and hosted Lunch & Learn seminars for the GM Calibration and Engine Controls organizations
- Calibration Engineer at General Motors
- Algorithm Design and Development Engineer at General Motors
- System Safety Engineer at General Motors
- Summer Intern - Electronic Integration and Software Dept at ECU Statistics
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Engineering - Global Automotive and Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Reviewing internal and external calibration certificates to assure for data Accuracy
• Work within Maximo Data (AMS) to generating, opening and closing work orders such as Calibration and PMs as a Manager Role approval.
• Revised and management SOP's
• Investigate and provide technical expertise to QA in completing deviations, CAPAS and Observation that are raised via Trackwise data base.
• Assigning calibration test points/calibration tolerance via calibration critical risk assessment review.
• Executing Instrumentation Life Cycle Management (Commissioning to Decommission Assets)
• Generating change control when Decommission and Commissioning instrumentations.
• Inspect and review instruments that are calibrated that conform to 21CFR PART 211 and Subpart G-Production and Process Controls, USP 41, NIST Handbook 44, User Requirements, and Governing SOPs.
• Selecting instruments based on Process Controls /Process Ranges and Tolerance to assure calibration is scientifically valid and the correct standards are used when performing in-house calibrations.
• Provide technical training to internal Calibration Technician as required and to assist in executing the calibration in accordance to the Calibration SOPs and Manufacturers SOPs.
• Generating and Maintaining Maximo Preventative Maintenance schedules via uploading completed work orders that are done internal and externally as per Guidance Document Annex and Equipment C and cGMP.
• Generated on demand work orders via AMS (Maximo), generating Job Plan Tasks.
- Calibration Engineer at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Calibration Specialist at Almac
- Calibration Test Technician Level III at Tektronix
2 years at this Job
- Master in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associate in Computer Engineering Technology - Computer Engineering Technology
· Performing equipment/instrumentation calibrations and generating certificates. · Performing preventive maintenance and repair equipment and instrumentation. · Responsible for updating the calibration database/equipment history. · Responsible for training new employees. · Trained and proficient in ISO 17025 principles and NVLAP principles and compliance. · Maintaining good housekeeping practices and cGMP/GMP. · Active member of the Health and Safety Committee and responsible for managing hazardous waste compliance for Calibration lab. · Managing new Employees Training and compliance with GMP. · Utilize MS Excel for basic calculations including inventory data.
- Calibration Engineer at Masy Bio Systems
- Instrumentation Technologist (contractor) at Townsend Associates (Pfizer contractor)
- Owner/Operator at GSR Labs
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- Associate - Medical Technology
Responsible for the calibration and testing for a prototype 3.0L single cylinder heavy duty opposed piston diesel engine.
• Developed a solid understanding of opposed piston two stroke diesel combustion and power cylinder development.
• Worked with a team to develop test plans for different engine builds.
• Reviewed, summarized and reported all test data to management.
• Gained experience reviewing CFD and GT-Power results in the early design phases.
• Responsible for the direction of the test engineer and dyno technician when the engine was in the dyno test cell.
• Completed different engine tests; Engine break-in, rail/boost/airflow/injection timing sweeps, durability cycles, DOE's, fuel system troubleshooting, full mapping, etc.
• Tracked friction torque and FMEP for multiple engine builds over time.
- Senior Calibration Engineer at Achates Power, P&E and Dev. Group
- Engine Bench Team Leader, Senior Engineer at Toyota Motor Corporation
- Powertrain Systems Engineer at Toyota Motor Corporation
- Powertrain Systems Engineer- Prototype Calibration Lead at Chrysler
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Master's - Mechanical Engineering
In powertrain systems development for the GMET4 engine program. Working on base engine calibration and hardware development for a four-cylinder turbocharged direct injection engine
- Powertrain Calibration Engineer at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Research Assistant at Fermilab
- Research Assistant at Combustion Laboratory
- at Johnson Controls Inc. Project
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S.E. - Mechanical Engineering
• Calibrated engines for optimum balance between drivability and emissions using ETAS INCA
• Conducted testing of engine calibrations using sensors and data analysis software
• Calibrate catalyst and exhaust thermal models with an accuracy of 20oC from actual temperature
• Use MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow to understand the logic behind the models and write scripts to develop calibrations
• Develop training material, such as calibration guides, and prepared presentations for flex fuel and transient fuel calibrations as part of Center of Excellence (COE) group at FCA
• Lead training of engine calibration engineers on drivability assessment and development software AVL Drive
• Conduct vehicle configurations, data collection, and score validation of vehicle events using AVL Drive
- Powertrain Calibration Engineer at InDepth Engineering Solutions
- Mechanic at Self Employed
- Sales Intern at E-Commerce Influx
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
This position was a transition from my time as a co-op student with expanded responsibilities on two major projects: Faraday Future - Worked in the chassis controls team at both Bosch and Customer sites for in-vehicle testing and development. Responsible for vehicle debug and test coordination for the duration of the project. Collaborated with the customer to develop performance requirements and then validate compliance. Harley Davidson - Primary responsibilities included Traction Control Calibration and in-vehicle software checks
requested by the software team. Maintained and updated test vehicles with updated parts and software as available.
Coordinated vehicle test timing and validation based on program timing constraints.
• Collaborated with cross-functional teams to determine impacts of software and calibrations changes to highly innovative vehicles
• Organized and executed safety critical vehicle tests and created a final report for internal and external use which included graphics and detailed data analysis
• Uploaded validation results into quality control software providing both subjective and objective analysis of vehicle performance across a wide range of test maneuvers
• Flashed and updated various vehicle controllers (powertrain controller, brake controller, etc.) as necessary, including multiple solo trips to customer test/build sites in Arizona and Pennsylvania
• Volunteered to assist project leadership by analyzing technical government requirements documents for a unique vehicle class
• Recognized a need for, compiled internal resources, and then created an instrumentation reference guide for beginner to advanced calibration and software engineers
• Performed extensive vehicle debug processes with both internal associates and customers
• Participated in joint test rides with customers on-site to evaluate vehicle performance milestones and gather feedback for future improvements
• Coordinated vehicle instrumentation build timing with Bosch technicians according to internal and external parts availability
• Conducted vehicle testing at proving grounds in Baudette, MN, Kinross, MI, Los Angeles, CA and Yuma, AZ
- Associate Calibration Engineer at Bosch Engineering Group (BEG) - North America
- at Bosch Engineering Group (BEG) - North America
- Co-op Calibration Engineer at Bosch Engineering Group (BEG) - North America
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Certification - Training for Chapter Executive Officers
Lead Clutch Control Calibrator on multiple applications per model year.
• Created Common Calibrations to ease the workload and prevent costly cal mistakes.
• Organized and ran weekly meetings with clutch control calibrators working on same transmission.
• Participated in cross-transmission meetings to unify strategies and processes.
- Calibration Engineer at General Motors LLC
- Test Engineer at Bauer Controls
- Project Engineer at ETAS Inc
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Electrical Engineering