During my first two years working for Nock-A-Mixon I was a camp counsellor. My responsibilities included, running sporting activities, coaching, looking after 11 to 25 children who were in my bunk and I was responsible for. This meant making sure all children were happy and if they weren't finding out what I could do to help solve that. During my last year I was a supervisor. This meant I was responsible for an entire division of children, around 80, and their counsellors, around 20. This meant I would organise the days activities and where and what activities needed the councillors, dealing with disciplining issue, organising activities, helping counsellors with issues in their bunks and liaison with other supervisors to make sure the camp ran as smoothly as possible.
- Camp Counsellor/Supervisor at Camp Nock
- Physical Education Teacher at Perth and Kinross Coucil
- Retail Assistant at River Island
- Child Care Worker at Highland Fling Childcare
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Physical Education
My Job role entailed looking after a division of children taking them to the different activities they had over the course of the day. Having to sleep in a bunk with the kids as well meant the job really was 24/7. It was an unbelievable experience and gave me a whole new sense of responsibility, looking out for the safety of the kids. I enjoyed it so much I will be returning to the camp this coming summer.
- camp counsellor at Camp Wah-Nee
- at Mace Convenience Store
- at The Red Lion Pub and Restaurant
7 months at this Job
- Theatre and Performance - Education
- GCSE's - English Literature
- - mental and physical
Being a responsible, dedicated role model to the campers and other
• providing organized, punctual and intentional leadership, creativity, direction and supervision during activities, trips and around the camp
• Living, working with and having charge of a group of campers
• Assisting and/or leading on or off-camp trips, activities, programs and special events.
• Being responsible for table supervision at meals.
• Being flexible, in response to current and emergency situations and to shifts in responsibilities when camp is underway. o Sanborn Western Camp - Out Camp/Trip Logistics Coordinator - Summer 2018
• Ordering, organizing, packing & managing food for all camp trips.
• Being a responsible, dedicated role model to the campers
• Working with and managing counselling staff
• Providing organized, punctual and intentional leadership
• Encouraging creativity, giving direction & supervision during activities
- Camp Counsellor at Sanborn Western Camp
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Social Work
- High School Diploma - interdisciplinary
- - General Education
Supervised groups of up to 30 children attending a residential summer camp. Coached daily activities including Soccer, Archery, Kayaking, and Fishing while maintain a safe, productive, learning environment. Organized numerous events such as carnivals and family gatherings.
- Camp Counsellor at Pine Tree Camps
- Customer Service Advisor at Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Professional Soccer Player at Northern Conference League
- Soccer Coach at Nottingham Forest Academy
2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Sport Science - Applied Sport Science
08807 Non-profit, community based organization providing child care and summer camp programs Responsible for approximately 20 second and third grade students; responsibilities included planning physical activities and sports, training students in various sports and games, improving skills and sportsmanship.
- Camp Counsellor at Martin Luther King, Jr. Youth Center
- at Hillsborough High School
- Camp Counsellor at Oak Crest Day Camp
2 months at this Job
Leader, Assistant Leader, Junior Leader, Aide
● Camp Dudley's Mission: We strive to develop moral, personal, physical, and leadership skills in the spirit of fellowship and fun, enabling boys and girls to lead lives characterized by devotion to others.
● Experience managing boys ages 10 - 15 for eight weeks out of the summer.
● Participate in daily leadership building activities and help develop young boys into passionate people who strive for the best.
● Experience working as a leadership team with two assistant leaders who meet daily to work through issues within the cabin.
- Camp Counsellor at Camp Dudley
- Crowd Control and Alcoholic Beverage serving supervisor at Camp Dudley
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Finance
Responsible for approximately 12 children (ages 4-12) each day
● Coordinated and executed countless activities ranging from scavenger hunts to white water rafting.
- Camp Counsellor at Yellowstone Club
- Events Coordinator at The Exponent Newspaper
- Elementary Speech Instructor at Voices of Joy
- high school junior at
2 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
- - leadership
- CS - Design
• Plan, coordinate, and execute activities while guiding campers in personal growth and building relationships
• Supervise campers at all times to ensure safety and enjoyment.
• Provide leadership to campers and acted as a role model in all areas of camp activities.
• Assist in setup and tear down activities, guiding campers to and from classes and reinforcing camp and program rules and regulations.
• Successfully perform conflict resolution between campers
• Escort and monitor children on field trips to amusement parks, swimming pools and outdoor recreational parks.
• Mentor and tutor children on math, reading and speech
- Camp Counsellor/Tutor at College Bound
- Analyst at College Bound
- Event Operations Coordinator at College Bound
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Managed the barn of 26 horses, overseeing the daily routines Responsible for any medical attention the horses should need Managed a rotating schedule for barn staff to run morning saddle crew Taught girls aged from 7 to 17 years how to work safely with horses Co-ordinated lessons and trail rides to ensure everything ran smoothly Facilitated the pack up and winter-isation of the barn for winter Took care of any maintenance issues as they arose and liaised with the maintenance team on bigger projects Outside the barn was responsible for ensuring campers aged 15 years old had the best possible time at camp
- Barn Manager/Camp Counsellor at Camp Lincoln Camp Lake Hubert at Camp Lincoln Camp Lake Hubert
- Gondola Operator at Sunshine Village Ski Resort
- Barn Manager/Camp Counsellor at Camp Lincoln Camp Lake Hubert
- Farm Hand at Jomar Farms Ltd and Kent Smith Farming
3 months at this Job
- Diploma - Rural Veterinary Technicians
Uganda Worked for 2 summers at Vienna College, a camp for disadvantaged children Responsible for a group of 5 children aged 5 to 15 with various behavioural and emotional difficulties
- Camp Counsellor at Vienna College Summer Camp
- cell leader at Watoto Church, Kyambogo University
1 month at this Job
- - planning
- Bachelor of Science - Education
- - Mathematics, Physics and Economics