Program Director - Camp Thunder Ridge, Utah National Parks Council, 2017 Summer
- Camp Director at Camp Oljato
- Single Week Volunteer Commissioner at Camp Geronimo
- Program Director at Camp New Fork, Trapper Trails BSA
- Lead Commissioner at Camp Geronimo
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Youth Agency Administration
- - General Studies
• Promoted to Camp Director.
• Planned activities for 50 children while insuring health and safety of participants, motivating 8 staff counselors and managing camp administration.
• Restructured the pool safety policies to improve safety and efficiency.
• Managed daily accountability of all participants and led weekly staff development programming.
• Communicated camp activities with newsletter and individual parent meetings.
• Continue to support Park District activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Camp Director at Glenview Park District
- Camp Counselor at Glenview Park District
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
As a camp Director, it is my responsibility to provide a fun and safe environment for children to attend each summer (ages 11-13). Daily tasks include a brainstorming a variety of games and activities in order to guarantee that each child has a unique, worthwhile experience during the summer season. Chaperoning field trips to places like the zoo, water park, beaches, etc. was a regular piece of my supervision role.
- Camp Director at Barnstable Recreation Leisure Program
- Waitress at Tequila Charlie’s
- Volunteer at Hundred Nights
- Manager of Phonathon at Keene State College
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Holocaust and Genocide Studies
I was a camp director for the recreational sports program, I worked with small children and strived to provide an environment that is focused on fun and learning, while teaching them the fundamentals, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
- Camp Director at Jump Start Sports
- Sales Associate at Fashion Ten
- Sales Associate at Carter's Youth Clothing
- Lifeguard / Swim Atlanta at Towne Lake Hills East
3 months at this Job
Started the job as a volunteer position in a summer camp program with children on a horse farm. Eventually I worked my way to be camp director. My responsibilities include teaching children to care for, work with, and ride horses. Set up and design different crafts and other activities for children daily. Play games that involve riding with the children. Lots of interaction with parents and other guardians of the children.
- Camp Director at Grubb Grove Horse Farm
- Team Member at Farm Fresh
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Therapeutic Recreation
- Some college
I worked as a camp director/ counselor in an islamic university in Nairobi Kenya over summer break. I was able to meet new people, make new experiences and work hard at the job and that is exactly what I want to do with all my future jobs.
- Camp Director at Al Jamea TUS Saifiyah
- Al Jamea TUS Saifiyah University at
2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Over the course of three years I have been working with Jaycee Park. My first year I was apart of the Raleigh Summer Youth Program, also known as RSYEP. During this position my role was to be attentive, and observant of the kids and their surroundings while at play. Since then, I have been able to practice patience by being around kids all day of all different ages playing games, demonstrating, and also being a role model to the youth. I was also able to practice time- management by coming into work on time, being prompt and finishing games and/ or art projects in a timely manner. Organization was also something I gained from this job, labeling things, cleaning up after others, etc. As my position changed over the years, first, a Camp Counselor after an Raleigh Summer Youth, and then a Camp Director I took on a lot more responsibilities such as administrative work that included, making schedules every week, attending meetings, and trainings to help prepare my staff for any upcoming events or incidents that may occur, talking to parents, being a go to source for kids mentally, physically, and emotionally, also being able to be flexible and a helping hand to other staff members by stepping in when necessary or even just for support.
- Camp Director at Jaycee Community Center
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- - Jaycees
- - Pharmacy
- - pharmacy
I was the day camp director for 3 summers. I supervised 30+ counselors and over 100+ campers.
- Day Camp Director at WORTH TOWNSHIP
- Receptionist at WORTH TOWNSHIP
- Receptionist at Midwest Primary Care
- Customer Service Representative at Conway Freight
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General
CAMP DIRECTOR, DC SPORTS
• Developed and organized the planning of activities for children.
• Communicated with parents regarding registration, issues and questions.
• Sustained an account balance in reference to children's weekly attendance and recorded information in paperwork.
• Implemented given budget for food and activities. TEACHER ASSISTANT, NEIGHBORHOOD DAYCARE
• Worked with others to plan activities that will develop important childhood milestones
• Comforted parents with daily information.
• Completed and filed paper work as needed.
• Cleaned, answered phones and used organization. CUSTOMER SERVICE CASHIER, ZIDDY KIDSTORE
• Worked close with others to greet all customers and maintain organization.
• Multi-tasked to input and balance all sales, answer phones and reach sell goals with a positive attitude. FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST, DUTCHESS DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP
• Answered calls ensuring the correct department would receive them, left messages and scheduled appointments for service work.
• Processed repair orders and logged them into database.
• Submitted petty slip vouchers and balanced cash drawers.
• Entered warranty claims and filed all paperwork precisely.
- Camp Director at DC Sports
3 months at this Job
- Associate - General Studies
The receptionist reports directly to the Director of Support services (DSS). The position is the first point of contact for the customer therefore it must provide exceptional service by greeting people as they enter, assist in answering questions, process payments for events, opening and closing register daily and preparing deposits, while answering the phone and transfer calls to appropriate colleagues. The position is required to have a knowledge of computers, ability to multi task, problem solving while upholding the values and mission of the Boy Scouts of America. 2005 -present Boy Scouts of America, Minsi Trails Council (Pocono Summit, PA) Camp Director, Camp Minsi The Camp Director is responsible for vision and mission implementation through the management of the entire camp. The Director is responsible for day to day operations: resource allocation, budget accountability, overall supervision of the camp program; and, has focused accountability to the Boy Scouts of America - National Camp Accreditation Procedure (NCAP), program design and sales strategies, policies and procedures, customer service, and supervision and development of seasonal staff. The Camp Director reports to the Council's Director of Support Services.
- Camp Director, Camp Minsi at Boy Scouts of America
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at Boy Scouts of America
- Director of Housekeeping at Staybridge Suites
- Executive Housekeeper at Holiday Inn Conference Center
14 years at this Job
- High School Diploma