• Abstract all reportable cases
• Proficient in EPIC EMR
• Proficient in CNext Software
• Proficient in Metriq Software
• Perform quality improvement projects to assure data accuracy
• Attend cancer conferences
• Prepare and fulfill data requests both internal and external as assigned by manager
• Prepare and submit data monthly to Rapid Quality Reporting System
• Assist in special projects
• Maintain confidentiality and function in a professional and ethical manner.
• Maintains tumor conference records (20 conferences per month)
• Cancer Registry Data Coordinator for Hartford HealthCare Network
• Performs audits as required by MSK Standard of Care Projects
- Cancer Registrar at Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute
- PRN at
- Cancer Registry Manager at nThrive
- Cancer Registrar at Hartford Hospital
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Criminal Justice - Medical Assisting
- BA in Health Information Management - Health Information Management
• Abstracted- Researched and collected complete and accurate complex cancer data on history, diagnosis, treatment, disease status and survival data of cancer patients
• Reviewed case finding, pathology reports and follow-up on patients
• Helped teach co-workers on EMERSE (electronic medical record search engine) through PPT
- Cancer Registrar at University of Michigan, Rogel Cancer Center
- Cancer Registrar at McLaren Flint
- Hair Stylist at MI, KY
- Graphic Designer at Banacom Instant Signs
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree of Science - Health Services Administration
- Associate - Health Information Management
• Abstract all primary sites in a timely manner, using multiple electronic medical records.
• Use all required manuals including ICDO, FORDS, Athena, Multiple Primary & Histology Rules and AJCC Staging Manual.
• Collate all documents for requested patient presentation at the weekly Lung Conference. Record recommendations for treatment and stage. Record Attendance for CME. Up until April 2016 I also ran the weekly Multidisciplinary Conference for four years, also held weekly.
• Review physician new patient list and if reportable enter into data base.
• Download pathology reports daily using Epath and enter analytic cases into suspense. All non-analytic pathology is reviewed for follow up.
• All follow up for cancer registry with reference year of 2000, including review of multiple electronic medical records, printing and processing physician and patient letters.
• Run Social Security Death Match Report and expire all that match in the data base.
• Helped train students to prepare for the CTR exam. Achievements:
• Maintained Five Year Follow up Rate at 90%
• Maintained Registry Reference Follow Up at 87.36%
• Maintained CAP at 100% Compliance until March 2016 when the pathology department became responsible.
- Cancer Registrar at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
12 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Cancer Registry Management
• Under direct supervision, identifies, registers and maintains records of patients treated for cancer to provide data for physicians and research studies, utilizing a tumor registry data system. Selects patients to discuss at Tumor board weekly, gathering pathology, x-ray, and PET to present to physicians, pathologist and surgeons
- Cancer Registrar at Holy Family Hospital
- Office Coordinator at Holy Family Hospital/wound care clinic
- Transcriptionist at Holy Family Hospital at Merrimack Valley Campus
- Transcriptionist per diem at Lawrence General Hospital
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Associates - Information Technology
- Locate and identify all cancer cases diagnosed and/or treated at our facility. - Analyze clinical cancer information, independently completing patient abstracts. Enter information into facility's data base and ensures accuracy and integrity of medical record abstract data. - Work with physicians and patients to get complete records and report findings related to the cancer disease process such as: diagnosis, treatment, staging, progression and follow up to maintain Oncology Program through the Commission on Cancer Standards. - Participate in tumor registry quality initiatives, development and process improvement initiatives. Manage information of a highly sensitive nature, while maintain confidentiality and exercising sound judgement. - Provide administrative support to physicians and nurses; assessing level of priority in determining urgency. Oversee calendar and daily schedules, scheduling patient appointments, meeting, etc.
- Cancer Registrar/Tumor Registrar at MID-OHIO ONCOLOGY, INC
- Marketing and Catering Specialist at COSI
- Human Resources Coordinator and Payroll Administrator at HEIBERGER PAVING, INC
- Manager at COOL CRAVING
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Communication - Communication
• Responsible for coordination of data collection and data entry for cancer admissions into The Cancer Registry.
• Submit data in a timely manner to the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
• Perform reconciliation on past year charts.
- Cancer Registrar at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Trauma Data Abstractor at
- Abstraction Consultant at IOD INC
- Cancer Registrar/ Appeals Assistant at Roxborough Memorial Hospital
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Health Information Management
• Translate medical terminology into diagnosis and treatment standardized codes
• Utilize internal and external resources to clarify coding/data collecting inconsistencies and create resolution
- Cancer Registrar (CTR) Abstractor II at Cancer Registry Department
- Temporary additional Support AV Services at Mayo Clinic
- Broadband RF Engineer at Pace Electronics, Inc
- Installation & Service Technician at Reliance Teleservice Inc
10 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Health Information Technology
Abstract oncology patient's charts for the Cancer Center of Kansas for the State of Kansas.
- Cancer Registrar at Contract work
- Cancer Research Associate at Via Christi Health System
- Medical Secretary/Medical Transcriptionist at Wesley Medical Center
- Medical Secretary/Medical Transcriptionist at Pathology Consultants
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- AAS in Medical Coding
- Certificate in Medical Coding
- Certificate in Medical Secretary/Medical Transcriptionist
- High School diploma
Abstract cases, case-finding, data entry, release of information.
- Cancer Registrar at University of Louisville Hospital and Brown Cancer Center
- Medical Records Clerk at University of Louisville Physicians
- Substitute Teacher at P.E.S.G, Clark County Indiana
- Cafeteria/Student Monitor at Maple Elementary School
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- AS - Health Information Management
Serves as the data information specialists to capture complete history, diagnosis, treatment, and health status for cancer patients in compliance with Commission on Cancer (CoC) and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) accreditation standards, and reports cancer statistics as required. Analyzes core information from the medical record(s) including demographic data, diagnostic procedures, and extent of disease as specified by CoC and NAPBC standards for cancer program accreditation. Coordinates, with supervision, cancer related meetings and conferences in accordance with CoC and NAPBC standards for frequency and content.
- Cancer Registrar I at Inova Health System
- Credentialing Specialist at Health Net Federal Services
- Revenue Cycle Coordinator at Johns Hopkins Healthcare
- Administrative Staff Coordinator at Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Information Management
- Associate of Applied Science - Health Informatics Information Technology