30-40 hrs./week Abstract patient's charts for the Cancer Center of Kansas. Retrieve and collect information from the patient's electronic records (name age, sex, occupation, date of diagnosis, primary site, type of cancer, pathology and operative reports, treatment regimen, family history, date of last contact) and entered it all on a data base that the State of Kansas uses for Statistics and research purposes,
- Cancer Registrar at Cancer Center of Kansas
- Cancer Research Associate at Via Christi Health System
- Medical Secretary/Medical Transcriptionist at Wesley Medical Center
- Medical Transcriptionist at HIM Dept
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Applied Science
- Certificate in Medical Coding
• My primary responsibilities include case-finding and abstract coding utilizing hospital systems such as Elekta (Metriq and Mosaiq), CareNet, AMG Clinicare, Allegra, MRView, Aria, and Care Connection Office (Electronic medical system).
• Assist in weekly Tumor Board Conferences. Maintain follow-up, update expired patients, update DeathMatch from the state to our database. Assist in performance improvement projects.
• State reporting
• SAR (Equips)
• Quality Control
• Annual report
• Cancer Committee (Quality Improvement)
• State Registry special studies
• NAPBC application process & Survey
• Cancer Program Survey
- Cancer Registrar at Advocate Christ Medical Center
- Cancer Registrar at Little Company of Mary Hospital
- Cancer Treatment Registrar at Swedish Covenant Hospital
11 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science degree - Applied Science
• Abstract all reportable cases
• Proficient in EPIC EMR
• Proficient in CNext Software
• Proficient in Metriq Software
• Perform quality improvement projects to assure data accuracy
• Attend cancer conferences
• Prepare and fulfill data requests both internal and external as assigned by manager
• Prepare and submit data monthly to Rapid Quality Reporting System
• Assist in special projects
• Maintain confidentiality and function in a professional and ethical manner.
• Maintains tumor conference records (20 conferences per month)
• Cancer Registry Data Coordinator for Hartford HealthCare Network
• Performs audits as required by MSK Standard of Care Projects
- Cancer Registrar at Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute
- Cancer Registry Manager at nThrive
- Cancer Registry Manager at NThrive (formerly Precyse)
- Cancer Registrar at Hartford Hospital
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Criminal Justice - Medical Assisting
- BA in Health Information Management - Health Information Management
28601 Cancer Registry activities: Casefinding, Abstracting, Follow-up, Reporting through CNExT Registry software; Cerner electronic medical record (EMR) Data submission to National Cancer Data Base (NCDB) and NC Central Cancer Registry (NC CCR). Scheduling with outsource workers to complete projects. Assisting with Program Application Record, Survey Application Record, Resolutions and National Accreditation Program for Breast Center application/maintenance. Policy and procedure development for Cancer Registry and Cancer Program as needed. Cancer Conference/Breast Conference improvement; assist with audiovisuals as needed. Minute preparation for conferences. Participate in collection and reporting of Commission on Cancer (CoC) Cancer Profile reporting(CP3R) and Rapid Quality Reporting System (RQRS) to Cancer Committee. Rapid Case Ascertainment for state reporting, CAP protocol reviews for pathology Assist in collections of clinical trials for facility, Quality Improvement studies and report on registry data. Statistical reporting for annual reports, Cancer Program Committee, as requested. Fulfill requests for state reporting, national data reporting and hospitals seeking diagnostic and treatment information. Serve on Cancer Program as Coordinator of Registry Data, Coordinator for minutes and data input for concurrent survey standards.
- Full-time Cancer Registrar at Frye Regional Medical Center
- Certified Cancer Registry Manager at
- Served two years as secretary and one year as Membership Chair at Association of NC Cancer Registrars (ANCCR)
- Part-time Contract registry work at Frye Regional Medical Center
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Business Administration
Coordinating functions of the Cancer Program to maintain accreditation by the American College of Surgeons
• Prepare and present Cancer Registry report for quarterly Cancer Committee meetings.
• Attend all Cancer Committee meetings, documenting all aspects of meetings for support of ACOS standards.
• Prepare graphs, reports and other documentation as needed for presentation at Cancer Committee.
• Monitoring and updating Cancer Committee goals and achievements and documenting progress.
• Assist Senior Director of Oncology Services in maintaining necessary functions for compliance with ACOS Standards and maintaining appropriate documentation. Assist with preparing and monitoring the Cancer Program for successful American College of Surgeons survey..
• Maintain Policies and Procedures for Cancer Registry functions.
• Coordinate and prepare necessary documents, agendas, physician CMEs and ACOS Standards documentation for weekly Cancer Conference, twice monthly Breast Cancer Conference, monthly GI Cancer Conference, weekly M.D. Anderson Multidiciplinary Planing Conferences .
• Responsible for abstracting all sites and quality assurance review of abstracting - including abstracting by contract personnel and on site registry personnel.
• Responsible for case finding and assignment of cases for abstracting by registry & contract personnel.
• Coordinate with other departments and physician offices to request and obtain necessary documentation.
• Communicate with physicians to obtain clarification and/or further information for abstracting as necessary.
• Responsible for follow up and quality assurance of follow up for Registry.
• Responsible for gathering patient treatment at other facilities and maintaining that information in abstracts.
• Responsible for QA of all NCDB and LTR data elements.
• Perform Data submissions to NCDB and LTR.
• Assist with registry software [Elekta-Metriq] updates.
- Lead Cancer Registrar at East Jefferson General Hospital
- Cancer Registrar at Norman Regional Health System
- Cancer Registrar at Norman Regional Health System
- Pathology Transcriptionist at Norman Regional Health System
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Medical
- - Emergency Medicine/EMT
Served as Cancer Conference Coordinator; organizing and facilitating conferences for physicians Prepared documents for physician speakers Developed data spreadsheets for information discussed at tumor boards Reviewed hundreds of cases monthly to determine eligibility status in the cancer registry Maintained patient contact information in accordance with the requirement of the state Updated policy and procedures for the department Reported attendance and tumor board data at the Cancer Committee Assisted patients over the phone and in person in the Richard A. Henson Cancer Center Greeted and directed as many as 75 patients per day Created appointments, ordered tests, updated records, and maintained files Cross-trained in 7 different positions, used 5 electronic medical records including epic, mosiaq, star Interacted with outside agencies for information and patient care Assisted billing department with insurance verification and authorizations Created accounts and charts for new patients Managed schedules for 4 doctors
- Administrative Assistant/Cancer Registrar at PRMC
- Respected as team leader and "go-to" person by peers at Community Support Advocate - Go-Getters
- Verbal Behavioral Therapist - VB at Dr. Carbone
- Merchandiser at Walt Disney World
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Reviewed patient documentation and diagnostic information to analyze and abstract tumor data. Assigned and reported codes for diagnosing and treating cancers for reporting and regulatory compliance. Extracted cancer related data according to established policies and procedures, including summarizing patient records, demographic data, diagnostic procedures, data of diagnosis, histological diagnosis, and treatment.
• Assigned codes for treatments, procedures, and diagnoses according to classifications systems, including ICD-9-CM; ICD-10-CM; ICD-O; American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC) Guidelines; Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS); American Joint Commission on Cancer (AJCC) Tumor, Nodes, Metastasis (TNM) & Collaborative Staging/Coding; and Surveillance of Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) guidelines.
• Contacted patients, providers, and registries to gather follow-up information and verify or correct patient information.
• Maintained compliance with Cancer Registry policies and managed clinical documentation requirements.
- Certified Cancer Registrar at Harris Health System
- Independent Certified Cancer Registrar at Ellis Medicine Radiation Oncology Department
- Remote Contractor at American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Certified Cancer Registrar at Albany Medical Center Hospital & South Clinical Hospital
1 month at this Job
- AAS - Business
- Cancer Registrar at University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Student Researcher II-Cancer Research and Registry at University of Mississippi Medical Center
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Health Information Technology
- Associate - Medical Billing and Coding
Identify, code, and abstract all hospital cancer incidences. Electronically submit all reportable neoplasm's to Illinois State Cancer Registry in compliance with state mandates. Maintain data repository and preserve cancer registry database for reporting compliance.
• Prepare reports, spreadsheets, graphics and registry statistics.
- Cancer Registrar at Westlake Hospital
- Manager at Methodist Hospital
- HCAHP Coordinator at HIM
- Oncology Program Coordinator at Advocate Trinity Hospital
4 years, 5 months at this Job
Abstract reportable cancer cancer cases from all cancer sites. Perform case-finding. Efficiently abstract cases with Metric, Onco EMR, and One Content soft- ware programs.
- Cancer Registrar at Gwinnett Medical Center
- Lead Sonographer at University of Tennessee Medical Cen
- Cancer Data Abstractor, Tempus Genomics at Harmony Healthcare
- Cancer Data Abstractor Student at University of Tennessee Medical Cen
7 months at this Job
- MS - Healthcare
- BS in Psychology - Psychology