• Provide quality care to a wide range of cardiac and non cardiac patients. Including post CABG, STEMI, post heart catheterization, CHF, post chest tube placement, ESRD, CVA and more.
• Respond quickly to emergencies and initiate life saving responses
• Monitor patients on telemetry
• Administer IV therapy such as heparin, cardiac drips, and blood
• Educate patients and collaborate with families to help patients make a positive lifestyle change
• Collaborate with physicians to ensure positive outcome for patients
- Cardiac Nurse at Bay Medical Sacred Heart
- Registered Nurse at HealthSouth Emerald Coast Rehabilitation Hospital
- Home Care Aide at Pediatric Services of America
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
I have nearly 2 years experience as a Cardiac RN who cares for patients in an acute care setting that are mostly there for CHF exacerbation, acute coronary syndrome, pre and post op open heart surgery, new arrythmias, and post cardiac arrest. I have experience with caring for patients who need to be on IV drips such as cardizem, amiodarone, lasix, and dopamine, I am competent and very familiar with sheath pulls post angiogram, and I am also part of the ICU float pool so I have exposure and experience with critical patients as well.
- Cardiac Nurse at
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Provide monitoring of patients with acute and or chronic cardiac disease in a homecare setting and provide continues teaching regarding cardiac disease and prognosis Monitor effects of medications on body system and assess for adverse reaction. Maintain continuous hemodynamic monitoring and support for all critically ill patients, with an overall goal in delivering this care to minimize morbidity and mortality as well as to facilitate optimal patient outcomes Assess patient s/p surgical procedures for wound care, teaching, and follow up procedures. Administer oral and IV Lasix as prescribed by physician based clinical changes reported during assessment.
Provide monitoring of patients with acute and or chronic cardiac disease in a homecare setting and provide continues teaching regarding cardiac disease and prognosis
Monitor effects of medications on body system and assess for adverse reaction.
Maintain continuous hemodynamic monitoring and support for all critically ill patients, with an overall goal in delivering this care to minimize morbidity and mortality as well as to facilitate optimal patient outcomes
Assess patient s/p surgical procedures for wound care, teaching, and follow up procedures.
Administer oral and IV Lasix as prescribed by physician based clinical changes reported during assessment.
- Cardiac Nurse at Interim HealthCare
- RN II Tele Float at St. Francis Medical Center
- PACU RN at Bloomfield eye surgery center
- RN at The Pines of Bristol CT
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates of Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
Duties: Provided comprehensive services to patients throughout their care working in collaboration with physicians, nurse practitioner and other disciplines to decrease hospital readmission, decreasing hospital length of stay and promotion positive patient outcome. I collected, extrapolated and track data related to length of stay and readmission of Open Heart Patients and reported the outcome monthly. Assessed, monitored, and managed acute care of cardiac patients; performed admission and discharge evaluations, administered scheduled and as needed medications, managed pertinent IV fluids and IV medications, performed medication reconciliations, evaluated EKG rhythm strips, prepped patients for cardiac procedures/surgeries, monitored patients during perioperative period for complications, monitored continuous telemetry reading, managed various chronic cardiac conditions as well as treatment for other medical ailments.
- CARDIAC NURSE NAVIGATROR at NAVICENT HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER
- LICENSED NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR at ROSE WOOD NUSING CENTER
14 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Nursing
- - BATCHELOR OF SCIENCE
• Demonstrated high quality nursing care for a diverse demographic group of patients, including, but not limited to specialties such as: pre/post-operative patients with multiple diagnosis, charge nurse of step down, cardiac care unit, pre/post cath lab, orthopedic patient, transgender sensitivity and transformation, oncology, sepsis, and in neurology specializing in stroke.
• Educate, communicate, and comfort patients and family members during their critical situation including: diagnosis, treatment, procedures, medications, pain management, prevention, and daily living activities.
• Demonstrated leadership, commitment, and professionalism while using therapeutic communication and centered care. Being the patients advocate and promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family experience. ♦ Received over 20+ "Daisy" awards recognizing outstanding service provided to patients ♦ Received a "U-Shine" award presented for excellence recognition ♦ Charge Nurse 4+ years. Handled unexpected situations, used problem solving approach, calmly and with confidence. Responsible for an average of 6 nurses, 3 certified nursing assistants, and unit secretary. 30 patient bed unit. ♦ Nurse preceptor for incoming nurses 5+ years.
• Experience in administering, monitoring, and tapering per MD order: PCA/epidural pumps, blood products, cardiac drips: dobutamine, amiodarone, tikosyn, lasix, and heparin drips.
• Inserting and/or monitoring, and/or removing or assisting with removing: peripheral intravenous catheters, midlines/power glides, central lines (PICC/Port), nasogastric tubes, trach care, foley catheters, Jackson-pratts and chest tube monitoring, ostomy care, wound care.
- REGISTERED CARDIAC NURSE at UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI HOSPITAL
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE - Registered Nursing
- ASSOCIATES - ART
- Associate Arts degree
- Cardiac Nurse at Methodist Hospital
4 years, 4 months at this Job
• Assisted patients with ADLs
• Inserted and removed Nasogastric tubes, testes blood sugars,
• Inserted and removed foley catheters as directed
• Took vital signs and charted them into the hospital's computerized system
• Transported patients to different procedures
• Collected samples to be sent to the lab From March, 2011 to 2013 then from 2013 to May, 2018, Cardiac Nurse Technician, Presbyterian Health Services on the Cardiac Progressive Care Unit. Manager Lisa Bearly 505-841-1072
- Cardiac Nurse Technician at Presbyterian Health Services on the Cardiac Progressive Care Unit
- Lead patient's groups and activities at ICU
- Behavioral Health Technician at Behavioral health Unit at Presbyterian Health Care Services
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Cardiac Nurse at Providence Health & Services
- Registered Nurse at Burbank Aesthetics Medical Spa
- Kids Club Attendant at LA Fitness
- Starbucks Barista at Starbucks
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- RN - Nursing
- Associate - Communications
* Educating and counseling patients about treatments and disease processes. * Other responsibilities include recovering patients from coronary artery bypass surgery, and a wide variety of med surg responsibilities.
- Cardiac Nurse at Oklahoma Heart Institute Med
- at Oklahoma Heart Institute Step Down ICU
11 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree in Nursing - Education
- - Nursing
- cardiac Nurse at Telemetry
- Clinical Teaching Associate at U of M Flint for Libby Bell
- In-patient Rehabilitation Nurse at Telemetry
- Delegate Instructor at C.N.A. Program
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Nursing
- - Nursing