Responsibilities As a career advisor i help place applicants with the right job. Accomplishments I help raise conversion rates by 42% Skills Used Listening, overcoming rejections and great phone communication.
- Career Advisor at Noble Voice
at this Job
- HSD - Imformarltion word processing
NC Dept. of Commerce/DWS, Cary, NC & Fuquay Varina, NC – NCWorks Career Center - Case Manager (Talent Development Advisor) Consultant Services Provided – Re-employment Assessment Consultant (RESEA); Eligibility Assessment Interview (EAI) & (Recruiter Activities) WIOA (Workforce Innovation & Opportunities Act) - Intensive Work Search Services - Assist Participants with Resume/Cover Letters and coach/mentor with Mock Interview sessions - Guide Participants into and through Education Trainings/Certifications, delivering excellent customer service by being knowledgeable about Labor Market Information & Educational Resources available - Assist clients in applying for Scholarship funds under WIOA (Federal Training Program) & ensuring successful completion of the program and/or returning to work - Referrals to open jobs, workshop trainings, and community resources - Guide Clients including Claimants & Employers, in using the NCWorks Job Searching system - Enter confidential information into to UI Benefits System - Interviewing Job Applicants to match their qualifications with employer’s needs, recording & evaluation applicant experience Educational training & skills - Train/Coach/Mentor Team Members to deliver seamless service to Clients - Train/Coach/Mentor Front Desk Staff to have a welcoming environment for Clients entering the center
- Career Advisor at NCWorks Career center
- Talent Development Advisor at ResCare for NCWorks
- Employment Consultant at Department of Employment Security
- Staffing Administrator at Veritude for Fidelity Investments
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
As a Career Advisor for Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency I serve as the primary point of contact in the American Job Center resource room, assisting clients with the completion of intake paperwork, unemployment claims, and job searches. I was entrusted with creating a training curriculum to cover such subjects as resume building and basic computer skills which I teach to clients bi-weekly. I was recently selected to conduct Reemployment Services Eligibility Assessments for chosen clients in Overton County, identifying barriers to employment and making referrals to the appropriate programs
- Career Advisor at Mid Cumberland human resource Agency
- Photographer at The Picture People
- HOSTESS/ RETAIL at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Orlando, FL 2010 to 2012 Successful in promoting student achievement by providing academic resources and institutional support with a professional level of customer service. Career Advisor - Orlando Campus Conducted individual and group counseling sessions to promote student achievement of career goals. Developed career advising events, internships and outreach workshops. Established and maintained external relationships with area employers to facilitate employment opportunities. Collaborated with Program Director and Instructors to share best practices and support student development.
- Career Advisor at Southern Technical College
- Flight Chief/Area Recruiting Supervisor/Recruiter at The United States Air Force
2 years at this Job
- M.S. - Human Resource Management
- B.S - Business Administration/Human Resource Management
- A.S - Criminal Justice/General Studies
- A.S - Human Resource Management/Allied Health Science
I am a career advisor that works with teenagers and young adults ages 16-24. I assist the students with finding a positive, realistic career path for their future. I assist them with jobs search and furthering their education goals.
- Career Advisor at Shreveport Job Corps
- Mental Health Professional at Healing Hands & Hearts -3H
- Case Manager at Youth Challenge Program Camp Beauregard
- GED Instructor at Central Louisiana Technical Community College
5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Education
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood Education
WIOA Career Advisor working with youth population. Assisting with GED enrollment, basic skill training, curriculm classes, community supportive services and guidance and counseling on their career path.
- Career Advisor at Lenoir Community College
- Case Manager at Friends of the Homeless
- Telecommunications Technician at Lenoir County Emergency Services
- Store Manager at Goody's Department Store
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - NCFast Training
- MA - Organizational Management w/Specialization in Human resources
- BA - Organizational Management w/2minors Public Adminstration and Social Criminal justice
- - Early Childhood
• My role as a Career Advisor is the first step in the sales process for LeaderQuest, an IT training center, which is reliant upon cold calling candidates and bringing them in to tour the campus with a specialist.
• Utilize resume data bases (Clearance Jobs, Zip Recruiter, Career Builder, Monster, and many more) to find candidates that fit our specific market by using Boolean searches.
• Top performer of the company last year accounting for over $3,000,0000 in bookings.
• Cold call over 100 people per day building relationships in short periods of time in order to start the sales process.
• Knowledgeable in DoD 8570 compliance, certifications, and DoD clearances.
- Career Advisor at LeaderQuest
- Manager of Sales and Marketing / Operations Manager / Service Coordinator at
- East Coast Sales Representative & Warehouse Manager at
- Manufacture Representative to Inside Sales at
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Business Management
• Identified efficient techniques to improve consumer relations.
• Developed career and educational plans based on individual needs.
• Posted personal quotas in order to exceed daily and monthly requirements.
• Established excellent sales ability and strong interpersonal skills with a confident and persuasive approach.
- Career Advisor at CAREER CONNECT LIVE
- Outside Sales Asst. Mgr at R.A.B COMMUNICATIONS
- Outside Sales Assistant Manager at 2020 Companies
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Engineering Science
Career advisor, sales, and recruiting for an IT education organization. Work with student prospects for career training in IT, Cyber Security, and Project Management.
- CAREER ADVISOR at LONE OAK MULTIMEDIA LLC
- OWNER & CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER at LONE OAK MULTIMEDIA LLC
- DAVID C COOK at MINISTRY SERVICES
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER/IT RECRUITER at CLIENTSOLV TECHNOLOGY
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BS - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- CompTIA Security+ (In Progress)
• Communicating with prospective students via telephone or email to help them make informed decisions by providing ethical, timely, accurate information regarding general information about the school's accreditation, education programs and importance of career consultations.
• Identifying prospective students' professional and educational goals, pairing them with the correct campus and scheduling options.
• Ensuring a positive student experience by establishing a professional rapport with prospective students, helping resolve any challenges or issues they may encounter prior to attending their career consultation.
• Responsible for a monthly quota, while managing his/her lead pipeline, and reporting personal performance to their supervisor. Key Competencies:
• Customer focused.
• Excellent computer skills and commitment to use of technology.
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
• Confidentiality is a must for this role.
• Ethical conduct at all times.
• Positive, helpful attitude.
- Career Advisor at My Computer Career
- Intern at Wake County Juvenile Detention Center
- Cashier and customer lead at Food Lion LLC
- Servant Leader Intern at Children's Defense Fund
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice