Career Coach to customer seeking employment or counseling for upgrading skills through On the Job Training or in school training. Staffing and recruitment for areas of manufacturing, IT, healthcare and education.
- Career Coach at Jobworks
- HR Representative at Jeffboat ACL
- Substitute Teacher at Kelly's Educational Staffing
- HR Specialist at Humana Inc
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Secretarial/Office Administration
As a career coach i am responsible for assisting young adults between the ages of 16-24 who are out of school, or work. I help the young adult population attain a positive outcome, with teamwork of the entire career workforce team (Career coaches, Workforce development specialist), such as the military, college, long term advanced training, and employment.
- Career Coach at Eckerd Connects/Paxen
- ABA Paraprofessional at Proud Moments
- Wrap around facilitator at Eckerd Kids
- Mental Health Specialist at Rehabilitation services of Acadiana
2 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- BFA - Acting in Performing Arts
Provide encouragement and support to clients as they work toward achieving personal and professional goals. Develop action plans. Faciliate the discovery of core values. Utililize worksheets, guides and other tools to help career coaching clients develop themselves professionally and seek new career paths and options. Help clients with job interview practice, resumes and cover letters.
- Certified Life/Career Coach at Mike Doria Life | Vegas Career Coach
- Media & Marketing Consultant at MIKE DORIA MEDIA
- Morning Reporter at Meredith Corporation
- Digital Content Manager at CBS Radio
9 months at this Job
- BS - BROADCAST JOURNALISM
Daily I use tools to skip trace and get into contact with people who have delinquent balances with one of the two banks my company represents. I cold call and take incoming calls occasionally. I work with Avaya, Web Collections, TLO, Google, Innovis, and White Pages Pro I have also taken a stretch role, as a Career Coach to coach new hires during training and nesting. As a coach I produced the top class in collections, ranking higher then senior representatives. I have also accepted a role as a peer mentor. In this role I work one on one with an individual from my team who is currently struggling with their metrics and not producing adequate results.
- Career Coach at COLLECTIONS ADVIOCATE, ALLIANCE DATA
- COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST at VAN RU CREDIT CORPORATION
1 year, 8 months at this Job
• Administer VPT to students
• Process student schedules
• Help students register for ACT and SAT
• Help students fill out FAFSA
• Counsel students on career choices
• Counsel students on college choices
• Help students fill out college applications
• Help students fill out scholarship applications
• Certified Career Coach (Global Credential)
• Resume, cover letter workshops
• Interview workshops
- Career Coach/Career Services at Dabney S. Lancaster CC
- Records Assistant III Admissions Office at New River Community and Technical College
- Registrar Assistant at New River Community and Technical College
- Part Time Registrar Office Assistant at New River Community and Technical College
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Career Coach/Workshop Instructor responsible for maintaining a career coaching caseload and facilitating advancement workshops for adult learners assuring that participants secure employment and then continue to receive coaching for skills building and advancement opportunities.
- Career Coach/Trainer at Towards Employment
- Youth Resource Center Coordinator at Towards Employment
- Case Manager at Towards Employment
- Recruitment and Retention Specialist at Towards Employment
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology
• Recruited, interviewed and enrolled out of school youthIi
• Conducted an assessment and developed an individualized service plan per youth
• Monitored goals according to service plan
• Provided Case Management and crisis intervention
• Attended monthly Career Coach meetings and on-going case management training
• Provided necessary services, resources, and or referrals according to individual needs
• Provided support and guidance to assist youth with barriers
• Referred parenting youth/pregnant youth to new moms programs
• Referred felons to programs that assist felons in obtaining employment
• Established positive working relationship with teachers, parents and other staff to adequately address students' learning needs
• Provided and/or refer students for tutoring
• Provided leadership development and intervention
• Maintained youth confidentiality and secured the privacy of confidential information
• Conduct home visits to retrieve absent students
• Facilitated student planning and placement into job, college, advanced training or the military, prior to graduation or GED attainment
• Supervised 11 employees/students for 2014 Sumer Youth Employment Program
• Developed jobs and descriptions to provide work base learning experience for students/customers
• Facilitated job orientation for student employees
• Assigned students to a job mentor
• Supervised students
• Conducted post graduate follow-up
• Submitted monthly customer update report, loading plan and time study
• Networked with other agencies to establish either social or employment services, internships, trainings and/or paid work experience
- Career Coach at Chatham Academy Alternative High School
- Administrative Assistant at Mandy's Tiny Tot Baby Shop
- Live-in Caregiver at Homewatch CareGivers
- Live-in Caregiver at Horace Brown
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Diploma - Business Administration/Accounting
As a career coach, working underneath a grant from the Department of Labor, for Goodwill Industries of Kentucky I manage an active caseload of 30 to 40 clients. I maintained records and documentation for all clients as well maintaining good working relationships with all clients. I assisted my clients with job placement, medical appointments, living arrangements, child care, higher education services, and counselling services. I created and implemented new programs and classes to help all of my clients better succeed in their chosen career paths.
- CAREER COACH at GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF KENTUCKY
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR at TOTAL NETWORK DESIGNS
- CLIENT LIAISON at TRANSFORMATIONS
- BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN at A NEW START, LLC
8 months at this Job
- - Certified Nursing Assistant
- License - Nursing
• Coach mid-career clients to become effective at conducting information interviews to land their ideal jobs.
• Discuss interview strategies for professionals in various stages of their careers.
• Discuss ways to optimize LinkedIn for their job searches.
• Teach clients how to effectively negotiate salary offers.
• Provide support to motivate individuals facing challenges in reaching out to their network.
- Career Coach at The Job Sauce (remote)
- Founder/Owner at KTS Career Coaching
- Career Counselor (contract) at University of Southern California
- Career Advisor (contract) at Occidental College
4 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Industrial Psychology
- Bachelors of Arts - Psychology
Managed an intensive caseload to provide one-on-one customized coaching to unemployed and underemployed adults. Assisted clients with molding their career pathway and creation and implementation of career plans to improve socioeconomic status and employ self-sufficiency. Supported students with attainment of industry recognized credentials in high demand fields. Served as mentor and assisted clients with career exploration, resume building, soft skills, interviewing techniques and other workforce/job services. Participated in job fairs, community outreach and other public speaking engagements. Assisted with job and internship placement. Served as full life-cycle student recruiter.
•Interpreted and applied Federal Laws, Regulations and procedures to process applications for workforce training and non-credit financial aid.
•Served as program recruitment, selection committee and interview coordinator. Interviewed clients, screened and processed applications, and implemented case management techniques to determine student eligibility for training programs and overall career success. Served as program orientation coordinator.
• Coached and mentored students and prospective students to ensure successful completion of workforce training, job placement, and employment retention.
• Conducted workshops, informational sessions and other outreach initiates to market workforce-training and recruit potential students.
• Successfully managed and implemented the FastForward Career Coach Program at CVCC to ensure compliance with state required policy and directives.
• Assisted clients with overcoming barriers to their success by collaborating with supportive services and community partners and referring clients when applicable.
- Workforce Career Coach at Central Virginia Community College
- Support Enforcement Specialist at Virginia Department of Social Services
- Workforce Services Representative/Tax Rep Assistant at Virginia Employment Commission
- Business Service Group/Administrative Assistant at Accountemps
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Human Services Counseling
- Master's - Business/Human Resources
- Bachelor's - Business/Computer Information Management Systems