(Campus Closing) Assist Director with developing strategic plans and vision for career services, including the writing of the department vision statement. Advise Director on counseling of staff including proper documentation for corrective action, and accountability to metrics. Coach Director in interviewing candidates for open Alumni Advisor and Career Services Advisor positions including conducting the initial resume review and making suggestions for interview of viable candidates. Participate in interviews, ask questions, make notes and provide feedback on each interviewee. Meet all metrics as required; daily and weekly call volume goals, cohort placement goals, entry of observation notes to Career Center, Campus Vue databases. Familiar with CARS program and accountable to corporate compliance verification/reverification verbal and written requirements. Assisted students and graduates with entry - level job searches, reviewed and wrote resumes and cover letters, conducted mock interviews and developed career plans to meet long term goals. Assist 100 to 120 graduates from 3 cohorts at a time. Assist team in meeting their placement goals. Establish and build relationships with local employers including attending networking events. Provide customer-centric, responsive and accurate information to internal clients through phone, in-person and email interactions.
- Career Services Advisor at The Art Institute of California
- Career Services Advisor at Charter College
- Executive Counselor at The Raving Resume
- HR Generalist/Recruiter at Keiro Senior HealthCare
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Psychology and Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts - Art Studies
As a career services advisor, I have fine tuned my skills in customer service, leadership and operations management. In this role I am tasked with building multiple relationships with employers and the graduates to ensure the right matches are made for employers looking for staff. I assist with the on boarding portion of new hires for my employers including, scheduling of drug screens, ensuring documents are completed in a timely manner and other various new hire procedures are completed. I have become a team lead meaning my supervisors utilize me in coaching team members, running various production reports and leading meetings about quality and production.
- Career Services Advisor at Ultimate Medical Academy
- Lead Customer Service Representative at Nordstrom Rack
- Sales Associate at Kohl's
- Cashier at Dixon Wig and Beauty Supply
2 years, 8 months at this Job
* Provides Job Placement Assistance * Advises Students Regarding Career Search * Conducts Career Services Training * Externships * Student and Alumni Employer Outreach * Collects, Maintains and Reports on Data
- Career Services Advisor at McCann School of Business & Technology
- Administrative Assistant at McCann School of Business & Technology
- Waitress at Frankies Pizzeria
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate in Specialized Business Degree in Administrative Office Technology - VOLUNTEER WORK OR PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
career counseling and department/community engagement.
- Career Services Advisor at University of Arkansas at Little Rock Career Center
- Customer service and Counter Sales at Ed's Supply Company
- Boys soccer coach at Arkansas Soccer Club
- Beer specialist and clerk at O'Looney's Wine and Spirits
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Masters - Applied Communication
- Bachelor's in Applied Communication - Full-time caregiver for ailing father
- - psychology
• Supervise and manage Career Services department
• Teach Career Services workshops and related coursework (Professionalism, resume writing, mock interviews, communication, LIRN)
• Retain and cultivate relationships for employers looking to hire graduates
• Collaborate with all departments to ensure placement and placement documentation of all program graduates
• Organize and execute new student orientations, career fairs, workshops, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, CampusNexus
- Career Services Advisor at HEAVY EQUIPMENT COLLEGE OF OKLAHOMA
- Director of Career Services at Platt College
- Career Coach at Platt College
- LRC Coordinator/Student Resources Coordinator at Platt College
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Public Relations
o Support advertising, recruiting externs and placement sites, marketing to the medical community, communications and public relations. o Provide students with the job search skills, professionalism guidance, resume writing and interview techniques necessary to gain employment in respective fields. o Support Education department with monitoring student progress during externship and developing a strategic plan to employ graduates at the completion of program. o Aide in the coordination of special events and outreach activities including Graduation ceremonies, Open House, Alumni gatherings, and Student Volunteer Projects (Blood Drives, Christmas Angel, Keep McAllen Beautiful, Salvation Army Soup Kitchen, RGV Food Bank Empty Bowls). o Keep accurate records in an organized manner. o Ensure compliance with all state, federal and accrediting rules and regulations o Coach and build a positive relationship with students throughout the educational process to promote the services and availability of the career services department.
- CAREER SERVICES ADVISOR at THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONS
- MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE / COMMUNITY LIAISON at HOPE THERAPY CENTER
- SENIOR DONOR RECRUITER REPRESENTATIVE at UNITED BLOOD SERVICES
- EDUCATION SUPERVISOR at CITY OF MCALLEN
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business Management - LEADERSHIP
• Works in conjunction with recruiters and employers by matching most qualified graduates with job's requirements and matching skills to meet quarterly placement goals.
• Attends job fairs and represents Eastwick College to prospective employers.
• Provides policy and implementation of services such as career counseling, job search techniques, and employer relations.
• Teaches Professional & Career Development and Freshman Seminar courses.
• Reviews and approves students' portfolio and other professional forms of employment assisting graduates and current students with job search and placement.
• Strategically partners with Campus Director, Director of Career Development, Student Services & Externship Committee, alumni, faculty, employers, and colleagues in all aspects of career planning and placement for Eastwick College's graduates.
• Plans, organizes and runs Advisory Board Committee Meetings.
• Manages all administrative responsibilities of the Career Development Center including creating and maintaining reports using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and internal CRM system.
• Awarded Eastwick College Employee of the Year 2018
- Career Services Advisor at EASTWICK COLLEGE
- National Account Manager - Midwest Region at BRITE MEDIA GROUP
- East Coast Account Director at LEGACY.com
- Digital Account Manager at AARP MEDIA
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Professional Communication Arts
Identify the level of job search assistance for each student ensuring successful outcome of employment
• Provides positive outlooks for students and peers ensuring triumphs over adversities faced with current job market trends and quality of daily services.
• Assist student with making marketable resumes ensuring higher success rate of extension of interviews.
• Assess interviewing skills by preforming practice interview to ensure proper promotion of student's personal branding to an employer
• Perform webinars on how to have a successful career search in the Criminal Justice field
• Coaches students through job searching hurdles by thinking outside the box and embracing solutions for positive outcome.
• Selected by management team to lead criminal justice plot programs ensuring successful evaluations of how to escalate higher level of services provided
• Voted "Career Services MVP" by peers for demonstrating high levels coaching and success rate.
- Career Services Advisor at American InterContinental University
- Account Executive at Marketing FX
- Senior Server at City Club
- Shift Manager at LaVazza Coffee
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Sound Engineering
• Increased graduate job placement 48% by building business partnerships and hosting quarterly industry-focused job fairs.
• Used advanced marketing strategies to increase employer attendance to in house job fairs by 40%
• Screened and prepared qualified graduates referring them to hiring managers for interviewing.
• Lead resume and professional development workshops improving graduate career readiness.
• Organized and outsourced current marketing trends used to advise students for resume preparation, coursework alignment in major relating to aspiring professional opportunities and career advancement.
• Implemented two multicultural and diversity inclusion events per semester promoting student organization collaboration between alumni and current students highlighting student success, student success programs, and student career development.
• Directed relationships with partnering employers with the institution to educate representatives on curriculum and related skills sets for targeted student demographic in order to track, report and document management including reputable campus recruiting of over 500 students per fiscal year.
• Oversaw career services advising sector with a database of over 4,000 students in campus-vue and career center.
- Career Services Advisor at Dream Center Education Holdings, LLC
- Digital Marketing Manager at Astound Magazine
- STUDENT SUPPORT ADVISOR DEVRY UNIVERSITY at DeVry University
- Financial Advisor at Apollo Education Group and University of Phoenix
11 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - BUSINESS MARKETING
Develop and maintain relationships with employers for the purposes of externship and job placement of graduates.
• Develop job orders from employers, send graduates' resumes, assist in scheduling interviews, and follow up with employers and graduates.
• Meet with students one-on-one to determine job interests and complete required graduation paperwork.
• Utilize database to document student and graduate records. Graduate job information and waiver/exemption information must be documented and verified.
• Proxy for SLE Tests as needed and other projects as assigned.
• Software: CampusVue, WPONET (Internal software), MS Office.
- Career Services Advisor at KAPLAN CAREER INSTITUTE
- Staffing Manager at AJILON PROFESSIONAL STAFFING
- Service Manager at LEDGENT
- Talent Management Coordinator at AJILON PROFESSIONAL STAFFING
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- A.A. - Liberal Arts