• Entered vouchers and payments into Tennessee State online software program.
• Entered Accounts Payable
• Performed data entry of participant files for myself and three other Career Specialist.
• Managed County Career Center. Provided numerous services to Adults and Dislocated Workers which included but were not limited to:
• Job search and placement assistance.
• Assisted individuals filing for unemployment.
• Referred and coordinated with other government agencies to assist clients. Provided numerous services to employers including:
• Hosting Job Fairs
• On-the -Job and Incumbent Worker Training Programs Career Specialist / Tennessee College of Applied Technology 2017-2018
- Career Specialist at Tennessee College of Applied Technology
- Assistant to Fiscal Coordinator at Workforce Solutions
- Owner at Bookhaven Café
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Administrative Office Technology
Career Specialist Main objectives include: Customer retention, Accounts receivable, Payroll, and Job placement. Everyday duties include, but are not limited to: Data Entry, recruitment calls, customer service calls, phone interviews, face to face interviews, drug testing, background checks, placing employment ads on Indeed, Client facility tours, and matching applicants to open job orders. Profit and loss reports ran weekly to measure and compare current to yearly productivity
- Career Specialist at Accuforce Staffing
- Children's Theatre Director at Hickory Community Theatre
- Office Assistant at Burke County Chamber of Commerce
- Visitor Services Associate at Burke County Travel and Tourism
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Education
- Bachelor's Fine Arts - Acting & Directing
Helped Clients file for unemployment, RESEA Specialist, SNAO E&T, conducted OJT intakes, WIOA intakes, responsible for YouthCAN program including community outreach with employers and Chamber of Commerce, maintained government required VOS input, managed caseloads of 100+, administered NCRC, kept accurate reporting of monthly performance figures, assisted with performance of all duties related to the responsibilities of a Career Specialist.
- Career Specialist at Tennessee College of Applied Technology/MCHRA
- Curriculum Development Manager at Tennessee Fire and Codes Academy
- METS Advisor at Middle Tennessee State University
- at Cannon County Board of Education
11 months at this Job
- M. A. - Instructional Leadership
- B.S. - Business Administration
is a non for profit organization which works with the disabled community; these individuals have various disabilities ranging from physical, mental, psychological and behavioral. As a Career Specialist, I provide resources within various agencies the information for individuals to become successful in the working community. I also provide services such as transportation training; resume building, self-advocacy training, job readiness, mock interviews and various other skills necessary for their success. I also, provide community skills training by taking up to three individuals at a time into the community and work with them on various skills such as; social appropriateness, paying for items, counting money, and gaining their independence in a community environment. I also, provide socialization and incorporate fun activities along with love, patience, and friendship.
- Career Specialist at LARC
- Teacher at LARC
- Drug and Alcohol Counselor at Counseling
- at Retail Management- OfficeMax
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS degree
- AS degree
- Master's Degree - Clinical Counseling
• Conduct work readiness and relapse prevention courses
• Contact public and private employers in order to develop direct job placement sites for clients
• Develop and implement individual employment plans
• Identify appropriate job placement/training opportunities for clients
• Ensure client conformance with program rules and regulations, department policies, and employment plans
• Tutor and assist clients in GED prep courses
- Career Specialist at GRACE CENTERS OF HOPE CAREER AND EDUCATION CENTER
- Housing Intake and Outreach Specialist at SOUTH OAKLAND SHELTER
- Social Work Intern at
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Social Work - Social Work
• Plan, develop and implement Career Launch curriculum for members in all Club sites.
• Work with local/regional businesses to develop partnerships that will bring guest speakers, career activities, career mentors, mock interview guests, internships and employment opportunities.
• Develop individual career pathways for teens based on aptitudes, skills and goals.
• Organize College Fairs, including special guests to speak on financial aid and scholarship opportunities..
• Create and implement Summer Teen Leadership curriculum, including "Career Day" at various local/regional businesses/partners, community service opportunities, and college/university tours/visits.
- Career Specialist at Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County
- Child care Counselor at Bonnie Brae
- Supervisor at Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County
- Program Coordinator at Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Psychology - Psychology
• Received over 100 hours of training on career and major exploration skills and techniques to assist students in their job search.
• Shadowed and performed self-assessments for decided or undecided college students, also assisting with resume and cover letter review and editing, career/major exploration, and interviewing preparation.
• Actively participated in special projects in order to keep the Career Center's resources and informational handouts up to date.
- Career Specialist in Training at MU Career Center
- Sales Associate at Footlocker
- Footaction at Footlocker
- Assistant Manager at Footaction
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
• Positively impact at-risk students by developing career and technical programs to provide on-the-job training, industry relevant certifications and job skills to ensure graduation, career readiness and higher wage/higher skill employment success
• Collaborate with business partners in creating innovative training, internships and apprenticeships to give students hands-on, real-world experiences and to build a proven workforce pipeline for employers in: water/wastewater utilities operations, environmental sciences, mosquito control, manufacturing technologies, culinary arts and food services
• Coordinate and implement all aspects of the career and technical programs including: curriculum writing, preparing training materials, creating project/problem-based learning activities, student competitions, events planning, marketing materials, website development, media releases, grant writing and administration, mentoring instructors Florida Department of Environmental Protection Ponte Vedra Beach, FL Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve COASTAL TRAINING PROGRAM COORDINATOR/ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATOR
• Designed and facilitated environmental training programs to local and regional coastal decision makers to ensure they obtain the knowledge, tools and resources to address critical coastal resource management issues, in accordance with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Palmer Catholic Academy Ponte Vedra Beach, FL ART, SCIENCE AND COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER
• Created and instructed Art curriculum for students in grades K through 8
• Additional classes taught throughout tenure included: Middle School Science, Life Skills, Industrial Arts, Art History and Computer Science Intermedia Communications, Inc. Jacksonville, FL SENIOR SALES ENGINEER
• Designed and managed the installations of voice and data networks to business accounts
• Developed and facilitated training programs for the sales force in: technical product training, qualifying leads, proposal development, presentation skills and closing sales BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc. Miami, FL SYSTEMS DESIGNER/ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
• Designed and developed voice and data networks for major accounts in South Florida
• Project managed complex implementations of networks and organized staff to establish efficient installations and ensure customer satisfaction B.F.Goodrich Chemical Group Cleveland, OH MARKETING PRODUCT ENGINEER, PRODUCTION PLANNER
• Developed and implemented marketing plans, pricing strategies and new product development for rigid Polyvinyl Chloride resin and compound markets
- CAREER SPECIALIST at St. Johns Technical High School
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Post Graduate Studies
• Assist in building career skills for UVU students
• Specialize in resume building and editing for students looking for jobs during school and post graduation
- Career Specialist at Utah Valley University- Career Development Center
- Project Coordinator at Blue Raven Solar
- Project Manager at Ion Solar
- Sales Representative at Blue Raven Solar
7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Digital Marketing
• Provide DHS clients and OIT students effective job search skills through individual and group lessons
• Develop creative and interactive presentations and lessons on job search, interviewing and resume building skills
• Design and implement marketing and presentation materials for both the JOBS program and Career Services
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with local business owners and hiring managers
• Track client intake, participation and confidential data via state databases within HIPAA and FERPA regulations
- Career Specialist at Oregon Tech
- Artistic Director at Little Linkville, Linkville Players
- Social Media Strategist, Freelance at
- Programming & Sponsorship Chair at Arts on the Flyway
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- None - Library and Information Science
- Bachelor's - Communication Studies and Marketing