Responsible for ensuring the reduction or elimination of significant barriers to employment through proper agency referrals and assisting clients with soft skills and personal presentations to increase employment opportunities.
• Serves as Skills and Development Lead Career Specialist (CS) with over three years of experience managing Re-Employment Services program for assigned location.
• Serves of operator of mobile American Job Center (AJC) 4-ton vehicle to deliver workforce connections in remote areas and local job fairs for Shelby, Fayette, and Lauderdale TN counties.
• Develops employment plans and provides case management for unemployment claimants and other AJC customers using skills assessments, training opportunities, and employer networking.
• Partners with area training and education programs; as well as, human services initiatives to reduce significant barriers to employment for clients and fulfill WIOA guidance and requirements.
• Creates resumes capitalizing on the clients' skills and work experiences.
• Creates job developments by networking with area employers to qualify clients for job openings.
• Remains knowledgeable of local, state, and national programs to assist with individual client needs and development.
• Facilitates monthly classroom training sessions for resume writing, how to interview, and how to network for employment.
• Performs client and employer recruitment by attending job fairs.
- Career Specialist at TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Treasurer/Secretary at Cornerstone Homeowner's Association Board of Directors
- Secretary at TN Department of Human Services
- Assistant Store Manager at Cornerstone Homeowner's Association Board of Directors
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business/Integrated Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Associate of Arts - Business
- Counseling assistance in the areas of: Job Maintenance, Job Search, Job Placement, Career Decision Making, or other identified employment needs - Assist customers with resume and cover letter composition, as well as interviewing preparation and follow up procedures
- Career Specialist at CAREER SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT INC
- Senior Employment Counselor at CAREER SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT INC
- Office Manager at Dr. Monika Kudla
- Office Manager at Dr. Satish K. Mongia
1 year at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Academic Education and Career Specialist
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
OBJECTIVE: Seeking new challenges in a University setting of Academic Advising so I may capitalize on my 10+ years of experience in Communications and Training as a Special Staff Officer and Education and Career Advisor for the United States Marine Corps.
Attributes, Skills, and Experiences:
• A self-starter with ability to multi-task and work independently
• A problem solver with ability to conduct independent research and find solutions
• Seasoned and time tested judgment and decision making abilities
• 30+ years of combined military experience as an Education and Career Specialist for the Marine Corps Community Service and the United States Marine Corps, Intelligence Analyst, Defense Contractor, Family Readiness Officer, Human Resource Manager Extensive experience in hosting and working with General /Flag Officers and Government and Foreign Dignitaries
• Knowledge and familiarity with Asia Pacific region from years of living aboard in Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Southeast Asia and Hawaii
• Security Clearance held: Top Secret/SCI Current Position Assists the Education Service Officer with planning, administration and implementation of the Education and Career Program, and counsels Commanding Officers and their military members, family members, retirees and Department of Defense (DoD) civilian members on issues including but not limited to: Academic Advising, career and transition assistance, financial planning to support development and successful execution of individual roadmaps for military career planning, providing vocational and financial counseling to individuals and organizations to promote academic, career, personal and social development. Other responsibilities includes providing college counseling, counseling on utilizing the Tuition Assistance and Montgomery GI Bill and Post 9/11 Bills. Assists Marines and families in identifying and evaluating abilities, interests, talents and personalities to develop realistic academic and career goals that are supported by appropriate financial plans to achieve success. Evaluates and interprets data to identify and clarify issues and concerns, and appropriate course of action to positively affect work/life relationships, mission readiness and recruitment and retention. Advise students accordingly about DANTES Subject Standardized Tests, individual Classification andLanguage Examinations, College Level Examination Program and aptitude assessment tests were . Operates career information centers and provides expertise and assistance in career and education programs by assisting Marines and families in addressing problems and concerns with academics and special needs. Advises Marines and families on subjects such as: college majors, college admission requirements, entrance exams, financial aid, trade or technical school opportunities and apprenticeship programs. Have been certified to assume the role as a Test Examiner. Assists Marines and their families in developing job search skills such as resume writing and interviewing techniques. Assists Veteran Marines and activeduty/reserve members in developing college career plans and acquiring good job hunting techniques to pursue successful careers. Using an outreach approach links Marines, eligible family members and patrons to a variety of support services and resources at the command when work/life problems interfere with a positive environment for self-reliance and successful career development. Attends professional meetings, education conferences and training workshops as required to maintain and improve professional competence. Assesses needs for assistance in rehabilitation, financial aid or additional/remedial training. Compiles and studies occupational, education and economic information to support latest changes or advancement in Education and Career Counseling services. Reviews transcripts and ensures students meet graduation or college entrance requirements. Writes letters of recommendation. Records counseling metrics. Identifies barriers to employment. Establishes and supervises peer counseling and peer tutoring programs. Refers qualified counselees to employers or employmentservices for job placement. Sponsors extracurricular activities such as networking fairs and events or job fairs. Certificate in Career and Education Advising from the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning Awards at Indiana University.
- Education and Career Specialist at Marine Corps Community Service
- Family Readiness Officer at Marine Corps Infantry Battalion
- Executive Assistant at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Acquisitions Program Assistant at Department of Veterans Affairs
at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Technology and Management
- AA - Japanese
- AA - Communications
• Completed 100 hours of training at the Career Center related to interpreting assessments, resume writing and communication skills with customers
• Audited cash receipts to ensure the balance of $25 was correct and transferred money appropriately
• Participated in proctoring assessments and interpreting their results to have students better understand themselves
- Career Specialist at MU Career Center
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Marketing
- Bachelor of Journalism in Strategic Communication - Public Relations and Account Management
Assist the employment specialist with any clerical functions that are needed.
• Provide customer service to individuals to assist them with their job searches. Multi-task using PC for different applications for input or data research.
• Prepare weekly job listings for current market employment also completes all necessary paperwork for the initial intake into the career center and refers client to applicable programs.
• Assist with job fairs for recruitment.
- Clerical Assistant to Career Specialist at Three Rivers Management /Goodwill Career Center
- Customer Service Honey Baked Ham at
- Cashier/Sales at Wal-Mart
- Remote Customer Service Associate Convergys at
7 months at this Job
• Received over 100 hours of training on career and major exploration skills and techniques to assist students in their job search.
• Shadowed and performed self-assessments for decided or undecided college students, also assisting with resume and cover letter review and editing, career/major exploration, and interviewing preparation.
• Actively participated in special projects in order to keep the Career Center's resources and informational handouts up to date.
- Career Specialist in Training at MU Career Center
- Sales Associate at Footlocker
- Footaction at Footlocker
- Sales Clerk at Footlocker
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
-Instruct week-long career exploration course to weekly student inputs -Key player in implementing new Career Exploration curriculum: MyPACE -Work alongside Career Development Services System Director to create new academic program proposal
- Career Specialist at Fred G Acosta Job Corps Center
- Office Manager at Doggy Stylez Pet Salon
- Behavioral Health Care Coordinator at Casa De Los Ninos
- A.V.I.D Tutor at Sunnyside Unified School District
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Arts in Psychology - Course Work
Provides advising, resources, events and programs for all areas of career development, including career and major exploration and decision making, college school planning and application preparation, full-time job searches, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and networking.
- Career Specialist at St. Michael's Learning Academy
- Engineering Program Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Program Manager at Navy Personnel Command
- Chief Administrative Officer at Navy Operational Support Center
1 year at this Job
- - Material Management & Financial Specialist
- MS, Information Technology - Management
- BS - Computer Science
* Facilitate an environment where students can openly discuss their academic and career goals * Proctor personality assessments including the Focus 2 and Self-Directed Search (SDS) * Present students with resources to further their academic and professional development
- Career Specialist at Kansas State University
- Collateral Analyst at Midland Loan Services, PNC Bank
- Sales Associate at Menards
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting, Finance
- Associate Degree - Liberal Arts
• Identifies, recruits, and instructs students deemed to have a high degree of difficulty of being promoted into the next grade level, achieving graduation, and/or making a successful transition from school to a career with advancement opportunities.
• Provides appropriate curriculum and ensures students achieve specific JAG competencies through classroom instruction; teaches through a variety of methods including lecture, hands-on activities, and team teaching; tailors the program and teaching methods for the needs of each specific student.
• Builds appreciation for teamwork, sense of belonging, and commitment to community service among JAG-K students by organizing and serving as advisor to a JAG-K Career Association; creates training opportunities through hands-on activities, film presentations, guest speakers, and workshops; assists with civic and social opportunities.
• Complies with all documentation requirements in a timely fashion including contacts and activities involving students, employers, and other groups; develops and maintains a well- organized filing system.
- Career Specialist at WORK EXPERIECE
- Recreation Advisor at Flint Hills Job Corps
- Special Education Paraprofessional at Geary County USD475
- Human Resources Supervisor at United States Army
5 months at this Job
- BS in Social Science - Social Science
- Associates in General Studies - General Studies