Category Analyst/Transitional Business Manager- Walmart HQ · Supply/Sales/Markdown Analysis & Projections for Clients (Merchant Team and/or Suppliers) · Build & roll out Excel, Access, & Tableau/Power BI tools for Clients, Office, & Field teams · Prepare Suppliers for Buyer Line Review Meetings · Set up New Clients in Acosta & Walmart systems · Guide Suppliers through Modular Process, including Data Sync/Supplier Center & Initial Set · Engage in Service Sales with Clients as relevant issues provide openings
Category Analyst/Transitional Business Manager- Walmart HQ
· Supply/Sales/Markdown Analysis & Projections for Clients (Merchant Team and/or Suppliers)
· Build & roll out Excel, Access, & Tableau/Power BI tools for Clients, Office, & Field teams
· Prepare Suppliers for Buyer Line Review Meetings
· Set up New Clients in Acosta & Walmart systems
· Guide Suppliers through Modular Process, including Data Sync/Supplier Center & Initial Set
· Engage in Service Sales with Clients as relevant issues provide openings
- Category Analyst; Transitional Business Manager at Acosta, Inc
- Category Space Specialist (Electronics & Office) at Sam's Club Home Office
- Merchandise Planner (Toys - Board Games/Puzzles/Youth Electronics) at Wal-Mart Home Office
- Warranty Coordinator at J.B. Hunt Transport Terminal
3 years, 8 months at this Job
♦ Provide assistance to Category Managers in developing category management strategies in company wide perspective. ♦ Create business presentations and sales proposals as needed. ♦ Analyze Point of Sale data for use in understanding business trends and help develop plans of attack. ♦ Track and measure activity impacting business results, such as promotions, advertising, store resets, and new item launches.
♦ Provide assistance to Category Managers in developing category management strategies in company wide perspective.
♦ Create business presentations and sales proposals as needed.
♦ Analyze Point of Sale data for use in understanding business trends and help develop plans of attack.
♦ Track and measure activity impacting business results, such as promotions, advertising, store resets, and new item launches.
- Category Analyst at Trico
- Partner Process Coordinator at Altair
- Application Development Intern at Faurecia
2 months at this Job
- B.A. in English - English
• Tracking category performances through data mining; interpret results and communicate key findings with merchandising team.
• Create and maintain category reporting structure utilizing company’s business data warehouse. Key stake holder of category data.
• Publish weekly and monthly category reports.
• Monitor sales impact of pricing changes and other strategic category adjustment.
• Research to identify potential new product opportunity and communicate with merchandising team for development and execution plan.
• Perform required data analysis on marketplace trend; monitor competition movement.
• Provide support in category review and supplier review process.
- Category Analyst at 1A Auto
- Merchandising Analyst at Wayfair at Wayfair
- Assistant Manager/Buyer at Thom Brown of Boston
- Production Assistant Intern at VBH Luxury
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Fashion and Retail Merchandising
departments to ensure that best practices are in place
• Collaborated with Pricing, Private Label, Category Management, and Customer Loyalty
• Created video content/script and hosted promotional videos for independent retailers
• Effectively managed bi-weekly markdown pricing process for all categories and products
departments to ensure that best practices are in place
- Category Analyst at Spartan Nash
- Category/Space Analyst at Anheuser Busch
- Category Analyst-Non Foods at Gordon Food Service
- Category Analyst at Gordon Food Service Canada
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Marketing
Provide assistance to Category Manager in strategies in company wide perspective. Assist in sales and profitability through analysis of performance data. Assist in planning promotional activities and sales events. Analyze business and market trends to recommend new strategies for increased sales. Assist in developing advertising and promotional strategies for business growth. User of Market6, Nielsen, RDW, BiCeps, DSA, Tradepoint.
- Category Analyst at Roundy's Corporation
- Administrative Assistant at Roundy's Corporation
- Assistant Deli Manager at Roundy's Corporation
- Kitchen Manager at Elmbrook Schools Food and Nutrition
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Management
Actively engaged with senior leaders and purchasing team members to improve category analyses and streamline productivity. Conducted historical research for specific items and gathered data on cost, margins, and other product items. Remained committed to improving the review process and ensuring accuracy of all recorded information. Managed database systems and handled SKU assortment efforts. Key Contributions: * Successfully reviewed and responded to reports from retail centers regarding service levels, inventory turns, and days of supply available. * Personally led the resolution of potential supply problems and developed systems to report statistical details in sales trends. * Executed strategic projects and conducted strategic professional forecasts. * Achieved $300K generation from vendors following one-year of bill back invoices.
- Category Analyst at Cardenas Markets LLC
- Senior Financial Analyst at Universal Surveillance System
- Financial Analyst, Information Systems Administrator at Nestlé Waters North America
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business and Managerial Economics
• Negotiate pricing, promotions, and shipments with key vendors in prep deli
• Plan promotional activity for 729 stores across 4 banners
• Lead a ten person home team and 100+ field team on execution
• Execute key contracts for purchasing and redemptions
• Building profitable programs for prep deli, 2019 +10.8% (2016 Flat)
• Create intentional collaborations with vendors and other departments to "cross the aisle"
• Evaluating statistical data and market trends to determine category gaps
• Analytical ability to read market trends, market share, emerging trend, and comp sales data
- Category Analyst at GIANT/MARTIN'S
- Retail Demand Forecast Analyst at Ahold USA
- Shipping Manager at Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
- CHEP Analyst at Ryder
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Supply Chain Management
• Work on site with a major retail partner to maintain company relations, assist in retailer category management, and achieve desired sales/operational expectations
• Responsible for category insights, analysis, and support to the retailer with an emphasis on Food/Beverage/DSD products
• Interface between company/employer, retailer, and distributor network to develop/maintain/enhance current and future business and revenue sources
• Build and maintain ongoing rapport with key retailer/network distributor contacts
• Organize and develop recurring analysis such as quarterly reports, weekly sales reports, product rationalization analysis
• Interface with buyers/customer service support team and coordinate retailer, distributor, and consumer issues and resolutions
• Assist retail partner in everyday operational tasks, including but not limited to, Planogram creation, ad hoc reports, phone surveys, field support
• Created monthly monitor scorecards for 35 vendors
• Attend monthly meetings with top 9 vendors to review scorecards
• Created weekly Zone Vice President sales reports and additional ad hoc reports by district or area.
• Enrolled in CPCC, completed a Power BI and Tableau data visualization class
- Category Analyst at dSd Partners
- Accounts Receivable/Credit Representative at Joerns Healthcare
- Forecast Analyst Sales and Operations Planning at Charlotte Pipe and Foundry
- at Charlotte Pipe and Foundry
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Management - Organizational Management
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration - Business Administration
Provide business, customer insights and competitor intelligence to support the development of category
strategies, forecast and performance reporting
• Provide analytical and quantitative secondary research support to the business by accessing, verifying and organizing market trend, competitive intelligence and sales data
• Work with vendors to identify category opportunities & track performance against category business plans
• Tracks results at end of each promotion in terms of sales, profit and share growth or contribution.
• Maintain weekly, quarterly and yearly scorecards to track sales, and gross profit
• Coordinate promotional plans (ads and displays)
- Category Analyst at Save A Lot
- Part-time Sales Advisor at Warby Parker
- Inventory Analyst at Treehouse Foods
- Customer Account Analyst at Energizer
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Business
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership - Management and Leadership
Veg and Package Convenience)
• Daily responsibilities include assisting in negotiations with vendors, balancing and optimizing product selection, auditing inventory systems and distribution policies, and helping minimize cost
• Design and draw planograms according to the retailer's expectations and requirements
• Analyze category consumer trends and market demographics to make recommendations for future marketing campaigns
• Perform studies for forecasting, pre/post-promotional analysis and product selection or discontinuation
• Analyze and communicate inventory flow plans for product distribution and seasonal inventory requirements to store level on a daily or weekly basis
• Work closely with financial department to calculate and estimate division unit sales, as well as revenue, cost and gross margins for the period Promotional Analyst
• Worked with 5 different categories and conducted several training for new hire groups on their brand categories
• Collaborated with category and advertising team on weekly pricing and promotional advertisement
• Ensured accuracy, timely completion and alignment of category strategy to promotional activity
• Cross functionally worked with the store level to ensure no pricing conflicts, errors
• Managed and executed the divisional differences, changes and requirements in the Ad
- Category Analyst II - Produce at Stop & Shop Corp
- Merchandising Assistant at Kharteng Carpet Udyog
- Intern (Product Analyst) at Kate Spade
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Management - Fashion Merchandising
- Associate Degree in Fashion Merchandising - Fashion Merchandising
- AA - graduate for Fashion Merchandising