Category Analyst that partners with merchandisers, vendors, sales managers, and customers to provide insight with opportunities/ successes within wholesale of specific categories. Executes promotional marketing and pricing to increase sales for SuperValu and to drive business for our customer's that SuperValu services. Executes reports to identify opportunities within the business and provides insight and recommendations to management. Partners with vendors to find the best products with the greatest profit to increase overall sales.
- Category Analyst at SuperValu Inc.
- Merchandising, Marketing, and Promotional Analyst at Safeway
- Meat and Seafood Department Specialist at Safeway
- Learning and Leadership Representative at Safeway
4 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Pre-bachelors of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
Category Analyst assisted in the execution of Procurement Channel strategies for the US and Canada regions to improve business processes in order to drive efficiency and automation. Provided support to Category Managers for RFX, negotiations, and contract administrator duties in order to manage strategic suppliers. Implemented analytical tools, programs, systems and templates designed to uncover rogue spend.
• Supported implementation of proactive procurement philosophies, strategies, policies, procedures and systems (i.e. desktop procedures, stakeholder training, etc.).
• Consolidated annual PO transaction volume from 4200 purchase orders issued by 3 previous buyers to 2800 purchase orders for one buyer, and reduced cycle time from 3 - 5 business day turnaround to 24 - 48 hours.
• Identified low dollar, low value transactions for touchless automation (i.e. Procurement catalog per supplier)
• Utilized Tableau dashboard to run reports in order to make recommendations to improve the management of spend transactions that increased overall effectiveness.
• Influenced cross-functional organizations such as Legal, Marketing, IT, improving stakeholder relationships of business units to meet business requirements and drive cost objectives.
• Advised internal customers on best practices and value-add approaches to improve supplier engagements and streamlined the procure to pay (P2P) process.
• Provided operational support, buying and ad hoc requests as needed, including PR to PO creation and PO management in partnership with business owners, and the onboarding of new suppliers.
• Collaborated with Accounts Payable to provide support in reducing invoices on hold and facilitated timely payment to suppliers according to assigned payment terms.
- Category Analyst (Contract) at Cadence Design Systems
- Buyer (Contract) at Velodyne LiDAR
- Procurement Specialist at Cisco Systems
- Buyer at Cisco Systems
1 month at this Job
- - Business Administration
- - Liberal Arts
• Designed and maintained category & supplier scorecards using Sysco data in Shell Eggs and Milk & Fluid categories.
• Assist Category Manager and Category Director in oversight of category, not limited to but including: category business planning, supplier business reviews, conversion & compliance tracking, and other special projects.
- Category Analyst at
- Program Analyst at Daxwell
- Merchandising Analyst at Independent Marketing Alliance
- Server, Headwaiter, Bartender, and Assistant Floor Supervisor at Pappas Restaurants
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics - Finance
Provide business, customer insights and competitor intelligence to support the development of category strategies, forecasts and performance reporting
● Provide analytical and quantitative secondary research support to the business by accessing, verifying and organizing market trend, competitive intelligence and sales data
● Track results at end of each promotion in terms of sales, profit and share growth or contribution
● Maintain weekly, quarterly and yearly scorecards to track sales, gross profit dollars and share of each category
- Category Analyst at Save A Lot Corporate Office
- Client Administrator at Express Scripts
- Accounts Payable Associate at Medical Transportation Management
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Actuarial Science and Statistics
- Associate of Arts degree - Liberal Arts
Provide on-going support critical to effectively manage the total portfolio of brands in the beer category, providing analytical support for Kroger; Utilize multiple data sources including syndicated data (IRI) and retailer POS data to develop and maintain monthly reports; Specialize in Customer Insights analyzing demographics and shopping trends, glean deeper category insights, and develop and co-deliver fact-based category presentations to support our customer selling strategies; Provide the Category and Sales Team with post promotional analysis in support of display, feature and price point compliance, and forecasting to improve future event effectiveness.
- Category Analyst at Anheuser-Busch, Inc
- Pricing Coordinator at Anheuser-Busch, Inc
- Assist Staff at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America
- QA/PE Administrative Assistant at Pacific Manufacturing Ohio
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BA - Microbiology
• Collect, analyze, manipulate and format cost, price, margin, and other related product item data for the Category Manager.
• Review and analyze information such as item movement, SKU assortment, sell-through, etc. As well as spearheaded a $500,000.00 reduction in excess inventory company wide.
• Collaborate with pricing department as needed to ensure cost, price and other item information is correct within the various automated and data base systems and was part of a coupon discrepancy project which led to the discovery of thousands of dollars in lost revenue.
• Compare trends within the category to the category's defined plan and goals while working with vendors and gathering data from Nielsen.
- Category Analyst at A&P Tea Company
- Procurement Analyst at Pezrow/Advantage Sales/Marketing
- Territory Manager at Acosta Retail/Marketing
- Assistant Manager at Walgreens Belleville
4 years at this Job
- - Visual Communications
• Partnered with Sam’s Club Merchants, Fresh Operations, & Vine Direct leadership to drive club business & ultimately help the member win.
• Provided insights for a $2.3B fresh category to influence item decisions, space changes, profit recovery, & growth.
• Developed reporting dashboards and presentations to communicate key information to clients.
• Served on Acosta Culture Committee.
- Category Analyst at Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Marketing & Special Events at Ozark Guidance
- Regional Manager of Marketing and Communications at Mercy
- Director of Marketing & Public Relations at Ozark Guidance
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
- Certification - Retail Analysis
* Analyze Dietz & Watson's categories and review performance to decide promotional and advertising spend * Review customer shopper insights analytics utilizing IRI's Unify database to determine how to effectively reach target consumers * Prepare category review decks in Power Point and present results and findings to Buyers, Account Managers, and team * Compare year over year numbers and set quarterly promotional programs with each budget plan * Develop reports to review UPC and Brand Ranking, SKU rationalization, and Trend Reports * Analyze Opportunity Gaps to determine potential incremental dollars for the Mid-West territory
- Category Analyst at Dietz & Watson, Inc
- Retail Client Solutions Analyst at Information Resources, Inc
- Purchasing Coordinator, Health and Wellness at Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator, Human Resource Shared Services at Walgreens Corporate
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Advertising and Public Relations - Advertising and Public Relations
- - LEADERSHIP
Capital assets and Equipment and maintenance short contract) Procurement
● Responsible for the sourcing of non-catalogue requisitions following them through to purchase orders,
● Procuring Capital Assist, IT, and General goods for KAUST using established policies, procedures & systems
● Identifying new suppliers and assisting them in their vender registration, and establishing supplier relationships.
● Develop competitive bid documentation to support the objectives of the proponent organization;
● Analyze bids and log bids received onto bid summary forms;
● Manage the bidding and evaluation process for purchases;
● Provide to the Category Specialist written explanations regarding the choice of a supplier or market, maintaining summaries and selection indices for future reference;
● Coordinates with client on technical and commercial requirements and outcomes prior to placement of recommendation;
● Initiates and maintains correspondence with suppliers and internal clients regarding requisitions;
● Following up delivery of the goods to the related customer and expediting payment to the vendor
● Buy maintenance short contract to KAUST assets and equipment.
● Identifies recurring or anticipated problem areas within scope of responsibility, recommending adjustments to the Category Specialist which may involve changes to procedures or policies;
● Maintains supplier performance information, providing this information to the Category Specialist to support management of the supplier;
- Category Analyst at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Chemical Import Compliance Officer (Chemist), Supply Chain, Procurement Services at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Client Service Manager at Litman Law Offices Ltd
- Internship at George Mason University
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- M.S. - Biotechnology
- B.S. - Biochemistry
AWG is the nation's largest cooperative food wholesaler to independently owned supermarkets, serving over 3,500 locations in 35 states. AWG provides wholesale operations, real estate and supermarket services, retail accounting and marketing services.
Category Analyst/Account Manager - Center Store Sales
Category Analysts and sole account manager to our largest member in the company.
• Manage company's private label business of $33 MM and increased profits by 30% annually.
• Implemented sales strategy in coffee category which increased annual revenue of $800K through sku rationalization and extending coffee product line.
• Coodinated with buying team analyzing best opportunity purchases.
• Develop reports, pivot tables and charts that detail store sales by total sales, items, margins etc
• Manage all Apollo space software projects, oversee planogram and merchandising programs.
• Coordinates with suppliers on planogram strategies, new item opportunities and rollout.
• Acting liaison for shipping purchase orders and tracking their distribution to all 90 stores.
• Assembles daily AC Nielsen (AOD) reports looking for best item opportunities in our market area.
- Category Analyst/Account Manager - Center Store Sales at Associated Wholesale Grocers
- CATEGORY MANAGER at CY TOP Ltd
- OWNER at POP Display Company
- SALES EXECUTIVE at Englander dZignpak
4 years at this Job
- - Marketing