•Category Analyst II responsible for overall management of several Dairy categories within Ahold-Delhaize retail companies in the US Northeast (Stop & Shop, Giant Foods), using in-depth business and financial analysis.
•Position mandates strong background in marketing, negotiation experience, finance, and business-trend analysis.
•Works directly with Dairy Category Manager and VP to handle all business issues within categories; some of the largest sales producing categories in the company.
•Work directly with nationally/globally recognized brands to negotiate company-wide business deals related to everyday pricing, costs, promotions, marketing, and new product innovation.
•Extensive use of Excel/Microsoft Office, Reporting Software (Microstrategy, Nielsen, IRI, SKUBA), Financial Planning Software (Periscope, DemandTec/IBM), Advertising Publication Layouts (RACE).
•Responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to be shared with total company; reports providing marketing and sales insight re the success/failure of promotions, pricing adjustments, extraneous events directly impacting finances, insight into new strategies/opportunities, etc.
•Organizing and creating marketing opportunities across desks with various brands to promote additional products/negotiate free product giveaway incentives.
•Writing and organizing all advertisements and promotional price points for all items within categories.
•Responsible for market research regarding up & coming trends within categories.
- Category Analyst at Ahold Delhaize
- Global Public Relations + Analytics / Marketing at Kinetic Worldwide
- Social Marketing + Video Production internship at Skillman Video Group, LLC
- Production Assistant at Miscellaneous Film/Television Production Companies
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
Responsible for P&L, pricing & inventory, planning & new vendor partnerships within category. Achieved sales goal of $50M.
• Led department item maintenance process for SKU supply chain issues, recapturing $13M in lost revenue.
• Increased profitability in 4th quarter peak season by 350+ bps.
• Onboarded over 40 new vendors including Crimson Trace, Bear Archery, & GI Sportz.
• Owned relationship with Vista Outdoor, Sports South, & Sportsman Supply Inc.
• Advised on division-wide new hire training curriculum for 100+ new category specialists. Created training materials for supply chain and site analytics training sessions.
• Developed and implemented site wide marketing strategies to capitalize on seasonality and key product groups. Increased traffic by 250K+ visits through SEM and affiliate channels. Category Analyst - Specialty & International Foods (pre-acquisition by Walmart.com)
• Grew category by 60% through new vendor onboarding and launch of 5 specialty and international food shops.
• Launched strategic partnership with Yamibuy.com, largest Asian snacks website in USA.
• Added more than 20 top international grocery brands including Goya, JFC International, & Colavita.
• Created process for SKU triage and trained entire Grocery team. Realized 30% increase in item availability across entire category.
• Worked closely with multiple product managers across several internal tools to relay business needs for tech developments during immediate post-acquisition period.
- Senior Category Analyst - Sports & Hunting at Walmart US Ecommerce / Jet.com
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
Drug Division (Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens)
• Established and maintained a partnership with business managers and clients in the development of strategic plans for category management within the customer team.
• Created weekly and monthly insights to both clients and customer for their category.
• Researched marketing trends through Nielsen and Point-of-Sale Data.
• Resolved several categorical declines via providing solutions to business declines.
• Researched, created SWOT analysis on low performing brands, and identified issues concerning low performance.
• Coordinated efforts with the Center of Shared Business Intelligence (CSBI) category analysts to manage the completion of all base presentations in order to meet the time frames and needs of the customer team.
• Assisted in Line Reviews and revamped the current Vitamin and Sports POG's to include 80 new SKU's - amounting to $5 million in forecast sales.
• Created custom scorecards and post promotional analysis reports to better assist clients with identifying strengths and weaknesses for everyday and seasonality promotions for individual SKU's and Brands.
• Utilized shopper insights data to build presentations regarding customer shopper behaviors, trends, and basket purchases per brand -- enhancing cross purchasing and cross promotional strategic plans.
- Category Analyst at Acosta Sales
- Business Manager Assistant at Rite Aid - Drug Division
- Assistant Manager at Raclé
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration
- Associates - Specialized Business
Provide on-going support critical to effectively manage the total portfolio of brands in the beer category, providing analytical support for Kroger; Utilize multiple data sources including syndicated data (IRI) and retailer POS data to develop and maintain monthly reports; Specialize in Customer Insights analyzing demographics and shopping trends, glean deeper category insights, and develop and co-deliver fact-based category presentations to support our customer selling strategies; Provide the Category and Sales Team with post promotional analysis in support of display, feature and price point compliance, and forecasting to improve future event effectiveness.
- Category Analyst at Anheuser-Busch, Inc
- Pricing Coordinator at Anheuser-Busch, Inc
- Assist Staff at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America
- QA/PE Administrative Assistant at Pacific Manufacturing Ohio
2 years at this Job
- BA - Microbiology
• Assist with achieving the Division's same-store sales target of $890 million and the Division's Same Store Merchandise Margin of $257,000
• Select vendors, negotiate costs and terms for products and develop schematics by applying category management principles in accordance with the department's strategic objectives
• Successfully lead all aspects of the wine category to achieve sales and margin target including but not limited to: Vendor Relations, Pricing, Item Selection, Product placements, discontinued Item Exit Strategies, promotions and period reporting
• Conduct post promotional analysis, new item selection, evaluating schematics and executing retails with Pricebook
• Assist in the planning of the promotional calendar based upon key products, national opportunities and global marketing themes
• Increase sales revenues by developing promotional concepts, overlay programs and category plans
• Implement in store marketing events and point of purchase promotion materials
• Maintain effective communication between, national brewers, local distributors and C-Store management
• Implement competitive retail pricing by managing frontline cost changes from vendors and analyzing the market
• Review, evaluate and assess category retail sales, gross profit and gross profit % regularly versus plan
• Provide support to field management and operations teams, with point of purchase and legal obligation concerns
• Define strategies for managing relationships with key suppliers of assigned categories
• Work with international brokers to source wine from Italy
- CATEGORY ANALYST CIRCLE K at Circle K
- CATEGORY SPECIALIST at SUNOCO LP
- MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT at JCPENNEY
- COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST at AEGIS COMMUNICATIONS
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Business Administration
• Responsible for analytical and sales support to multiple clients and customers
• Liaison between Business Managers and Clients in the development of strategic plans for Category growth and goal attainment
• Maintained new item entry, pricing and client/customer data in SHARP, Event Scheduler and SharePoint
• Managed weekly analysis on sales and inventory using proprietary retailer data to identify over/under days of supply with recommendations to close service level gaps and ensure no interruption in sales trends
• Managed forecasts and trade funds
• New item submission and tracking performance to optimize sales on new item launches
- Category Analyst at Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Retail Business Manager at Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Retail Category Analyst at Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Administrative Assistant at Marketing Specialists
15 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts in Business
• Documented weekly inventory reconciliations and managed category shrink
• Processed and resolved customer credit requests and quality issues coordinating with warehouse, vendor, and sales
• Monitored stock levels of regular stock and demand items
• Processed purchase order confirmations and corrected discrepancies
- Category Analyst - Proteins at Sysco Foods Inc
- Purchaser at MacDonald Meat Company
- Shipping/Receiving/Assembly Supervisor at MacDonald Meat Company
10 months at this Job
- Four Quarters toward AA degree - Accounting
• Assisted in category management for the Floral category through reporting and vendor management
• Used 1WorldSync to introduce new products to the division with 100% accuracy
• Successfully used pricing software to meet pricing margins and goals for the division
• Created daily reports using Excel, Power Bi and internal CRM to gauge sales, case sell through, and shape decisions for future projects.
• Communicated effectively to operations, stores and vendors to meet sales goals with minimal disruption.
- Floral Category Analyst at Mayflower Distribution/Albertsons
- Pricing Analyst at FleetPride
- Marketing Analyst at Core-Mark
- Category Analyst at Circle K
3 months at this Job
- BBA - Marketing
Develop processes and systems to define, measure, analyze and correct sales metrics at a programmatic level, while still balancing the need to rapidly prioritize and address immediate anomalies. Proactively monitor product sets to ensure competitiveness, optimal structures, and profitability Develop and manage strategic sales snapshots to include key metrics on the business with national sales team Perform analyses and develop reports/dashboards utilizing scan data, consumer insights and trends Promote communication and collaboration with key stakeholders across business units Provide continual focus on process improvement
- Category Analyst at Advantage Sales
- Merchandising Service at Ahold Company
- Transportation Coordinator at Ames True Temper
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
• Develop, maintain, and enhance reporting / scorecards created in Excel & Tableau for Shell Eggs & Milk categories.
• Help identify category insights and propose business solutions based on thorough analysis derived from large data sets
• Develop and execute analyses related to supplier, brand, item level, customer, distribution center, and market performance. Identify and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) including growth, compliance, and relative strategic value.
• Utilize tools such as NPD, Technomic, and SNAP to provide additional insight into market opportunities.
• Assist Category Manager and Category Director in oversight of category, not limited to but including: category business planning, supplier business reviews, conversion & compliance tracking, and other special projects.
- Category Analyst at i2i Foodservice (division of Key Impact Sales & Systems)
- Program Analyst at Daxwell
- Merchandising Analyst at Independent Marketing Alliance
- Server, Headwaiter, Bartender, and Assistant Floor Supervisor at Pappas Restaurants
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Math (option in Mathematical Finance)