• Began as a part-time U.S. Customs Officer while I was a teacher. In 2003 title was changed to CBP Officer. In 2005 graduated from F.L.E.T.C (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) became Full-Time officer. 9
- CBP Officer at Department of Homeland Security
- Principal at Detroit Board of Education
- Assistant Principal at Detroit Board of Education
- Mathematics Teacher at Detroit Board of Education
28 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - EDUCATION
- Bachelor's - Math Education
2800 N Terminal Rd Houston, TX 77032 United States 11/2014 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 1895 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 12 CBP Officer Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Currently assigned to the Air Cargo Office at Houston Intercontinental Airport. Duties include: all aspects of the processing of inbound and outbound air, sea and/or land cargo. This includes, but is not limited to, commercial cargo examination, inspection of cargo at bonded warehouses, inbound cargo flight crew processing, trade and Radseeker exams. Participated in Operation Audible, Super Fake 3, Safety Net and Safety Net II trade teams during FY 2017 and 2018. These operations involved in the seizure of millions of dollars worth of counterfeit and illicit goods entering the United States from abroad. Experienced in all aspects of identification, appraisal and seizure of counterfeit and illicit merchandise. Enforce laws and regulations as they apply to the commercial cargo environment. Daily use of TECS, ATS, ACS, Modernized SEACATS and ACE Cargo. Supervisor: Karl Fischer (281-230-4871) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- CBP Officer at U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- CBP Officer at GS Grade
- Customs Inspector at Bureau of Customs and Border Protection
- Police Officer at Texas A&M University Police Department
4 years, 4 months at this Job
Enforce federal laws of the US government pertaining to immigration and customs. 6am-2pm Monday through Friday.
- CBP Officer at US Customs and Border Protection
- Patrolman at Okawville Police Department
- Cashier at Kroger Stores
- Correctional Officer at State of Illinois
10 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Criminal Justice
Detecting and preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States Enforcing customs, immigration, and agricultural laws and regulations at U.S. ports of entry and preclearance locations worldwide. Preventing the illegal trafficking of people, narcotics, and contraband into the United States Performing inspections, intelligence analysis, examination, and law enforcement activities including apprehension, detention and arrest relative to arrival and departure of persons, conveyances and merchandise at pots of entry Conducting developmental level officer duties to protect the U.S homeland, enforce federal laws, and efficiently facilitate legitimate trade and travel.
- CBP Officer at U.S Customs and Border Protection
- Visual Security Officer/ Detective at Macy's
- United States Marine at United States Armed Forces
- President at Platinum Boss Inc
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Justice Administration
- Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- High School Diploma
• Evaluate travelers at the Northern land borders for signs of illegal activity.
• Scan bags and persons and vehicles for contraband.
• Detain suspects and conducted individual searches.
• Collect unauthorized objects and materials.
• Discuss potential problems with colleagues and make informed decisions.
• Observed behaviors of incoming visitors and selected individuals for interview.
• Questioned visitors regarding visas and plans to ascertain intent.
• Followed all department and legal regulations for examinations.
• Analyzed provided documents to assess validity of visas.
• Examined vehicles and cargo for signs of improper use and unauthorized materials.
• Detected and apprehended illegal aliens.
• Enforced border security laws and followed agency regulations. Experience
- CBP OFFICER at US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION
- Head coach of Speed Steel shooting team at Team Gotta
- FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR at TOPSHOT SHOOTING ACADEMY
- SECURITY POLICE OFFICER at US AIR FORCE
21 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Air force
- - US Customs Basic Training FLETC
-welcome passengers into the country - direct passengers to correct CBP officer - sends passengers through maze -Answer passengers questions regarding las vegas
- Ambassador at
- Cashier at
- Customer service rep at Walmart
- Sales associate at
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Conducting interviews and inspections of travelers
• Writing reports based on inspection findings
• Assisting travelers with the filing of various forms and applications
• Answering telephone calls, assisting callers with inquiries, and directing calls using a multi-line phone system.
• Passenger processing at satellite ferry ports without direct supervision to process travelers and their belongings
• Interviewing NEXUS and Global Entry applicants to determine eligibility of the programs; brief applicants regarding the rules of the program; approve, deny, or revoke membership for the programs as appropriate.
• Commercial processing to include: primary and secondary inspections, reviewing invoices, inspecting cargo/merchandise, exporting vehicles Current Supervisor: Supervisor CBP Officer Anthony Cozza (810) 989-8812
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection Officer at Department of Homeland Security
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal at Law Offices of David A. Kotwicki, P.L.C
- Assistant to District Manager at Aero Industrial Products
- Legal Secretary at Law Offices of Paul Zebrowski & Associates
10 years at this Job
- Associate in Applied Arts and Science in Legal Administration - Applied Arts and Science
Classify massive ocean shipments daily (QISDA, YOGI HOUSE, ARKO FOOD, over half of my accounts are FDA related)
● Process local and remote entries, ACE entries, 7512s, MDR, PEA's, etc.
● Review documents and ensure accuracy
● Review ABI/ACE codes & correct errors as necessary for proper electronic transmission
● Issue checks for ocean freight and surrender OBLs for freight releases
● Issue invoices and obtain PODs upon file completion
● Respond to client requests on a timely basis
● Proactive in identifying issues and problem-solving
● Contact CBP Officer / OGA if needed
● Provide extensive customer service
- Custom Entry Writer at Continental Agency Inc
- Custom Entry Writer at Vandegrift Forwarding
- at Direct Service Inc
- Purchasing Assistant at Pacific Auto Company
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Finance
CBP Canine Enforcement Officer Trained six canines - human and narcotics detection (active and passive response) Hundreds of career seizures - marijuana, cocaine, and heroin in cars, trucks, intermodal containers, cargo, and warehouses All canines were highly successful and recognized as top dogs Frequent interagency assists for local law enforcement and border patrol call-outs Participated in K9 demonstrations for outreach events to represent the agency CBP Officer Duties include all aspects of CBP land border law enforcement activities Determinations of non-immigrant status, including immigration admissibility Enforced trade regulations and processed commercial entries Ensured compliance with Federal/State Laws and Tariffs Trained and certified on x-ray equipment and radiation detection devices Knowledgeable and competent on CBP electronic databases, Treasury Enforcement Communications System (TECS), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NLETS)
- Office of Field Operations at Department of Homeland Security
- Sales representative for Clark Medical Supply at Pharmaceutical Sales
15 years, 10 months at this Job
- - biology
January 2018 - Present
• Provide real time analysis and accurate responses via phone and email correspondence for U.S. CBP Admissibility and Passenger Programs (Electronic System for Travel Authorization - ESTA, Electronic Visa Update System - EVUS, Arrival and Departure Information Systems - ADIS, and Trusted Traveler Programs - TTP) to travelers around the world.
• Collect and analyze U.S. bound traveler information to make the correct referral determination for U.S. CBP Officer adjudication.
• Create and prepare individual incident reports within the Traveler Communication Center (TCC) Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software, identifying application errors, visa renewal issues, U.S. re-entry guidance, along with other immigration and travel authorization related issues.
• Utilize Oracle RightNow, ServiceNow, and Salesforce CRM software to conduct knowledge management of admissibility security and immigration policy across the TCC.
• Train and develop entry level Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) on U.S. CBP policies and procedures, public interaction etiquette, and effective active listening to improve performance.
• Conduct research within U.S. CBP internal security systems: TECS, ESTA Internal, EVUS Internal, TTP Internal.
• Review, investigate, and assign traveler inquires to the appropriate U.S. CBP program management offices in coordination with the CBP Information Center.
- Customer Support Representative at Traveler Communication Center
- Administration Inventory Control Unit Clerk at Toyota Financial Services
- Communication Solutions - Retail Sales Consultant at AT&T Inc
- Admissions - Administrative Assistant at Montessori Kids Universe
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Cybersecurity Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Office Administration and Technology