• Assist nurses with care for patients in the intensive care and coronary care units of the hospital.
• Help team perform CPR and BLS on patients.
• Watch cardiac monitors and notify nurse of any significant changes in patients heart rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen levels.
• Create heart rhythm strips to file into patient charts after being signed by nurse.
• Call consults in so that patients can be seen and assessed for the needs listed in chart.
• Check and chart all patient vitals and glucose levels as frequent as needed.
• Care for and bathe ventilated patients.
• Prepare patients for end of life, which includes contacting the chaplain, preparing room for family, cleaning patient after ventilator is removed before family comes into room to be with patient until time of death.
• Clean, tag, remove lines and tubes, and properly bag the body of expired patients.
• Transport patients to their next destination in the hospital.
• Collect blood and other bodily fluids from patients for testing.
• Keep patients room clean and in order.
• Unit secretarial needs, such as, contacting environmental services, materials management, house manager, doctors, EKG, EEG, X-RAY, security, etc.
• Sit with suicidal patients and patients who could be of harm to themselves and/or others.
• Help security restrain violent patients.
• Properly dispose of trash and linen after each shift.
- ICU and CCU Nurse Aide Tech/Cardiac Monitor Tech at Baptist Health Kentucky
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant at Accurate Healthcare Professionals
- Clerk/Phlebotomist at Baptist Health Kentucky
- Collections Technician II at The American Red Cross, River Valley Region
4 months at this Job
- None - Nursing
- Phlebotomy Certificate of Completion
CCU Nurse aide, BLS certified.
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant at Pikeville medical center
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant at Parkview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant at Mountain View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
ICU/CCU nurse. Also would recover patients during off hours
- Registered Nurse at Chestnut Hill Hospital
4 years at this Job
- None - RN Refresher Class
- Associate - Nursing
Charge Nurse duties, total patient care, medication administration, pt. and family teaching. Active member of Mercy Hospitals Fall committee.
- RN Staff Nurse ICU/CCU at Mercy Hospital
- Dialysis Rn, Affiliated Dialysis at Glen Elynn, IL
- Acute Dialysis RN at Advocate Christ Hospital
- Acute Dialysis RN at Little Company
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- Associate - Applied Science of Nursing
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: * Assists other nursing personnel in the delivery of total nursing care and acts as a team leader of each shift and function accordingly. * Takes follow - up regarding special assignment, register maintenance and patient care from shift staff. * Makes care decisions based on the condition of the patient and prioritizing according to individual needs. * Communicates clearly and regularly appropriate information to staffs, patient, family, physician and supervisor for the care of patients. * Organizes and directs shift in such a way that total nursing care is rendered to all patients. * Seeks out resources and works collaboratively with shift team members. * Provides leadership in each shift and lead change by seeking creative solutions to improve quality and efficacy in the delivery of patient care. * Ensures that an action is made for any significant issues or occurrences in the unit, endorsed to incoming shift and head nurse is kept aware of the incident. * Acts as a team leader during cardiac emergencies in the absence of the head nurse before the clinician arrive to the scene. * Ensures that nursing documentation is completed following an intervention related to patient care before endorsing to the next shift. * Functions as a head nurse when necessary. * Assumes other responsibilities and any other assignments when operational needs arise as directed by the head nurse or nursing supervisor.
- CCU Nursing Shift Leader at Almana General Hospital
- CCU Staff Nurse at Almana General Hospital
- ICU Staff Nurse at Almana General Hospital
- Unit Performance Improvement Nurse Facilitator at Almana General Hospital
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
• Met the clinical staffing needs of a wide variety of hospitals with varying degrees of needs.
• Provided staff relief from daily and/or 13-week contractual agreements.
• Staffing of emergency departments, ICU, CCU, telemetry, medical-surgical, orthopaedics, and recovery.
• Work with all age groups with varying degrees of disease processes to promote and to help improve on patient outcomes.
- Staff RN ICU/CCU/ED/Med Surg at Integrated Healthcare Staffing, LLC
- RN Charge at Baylor Scott & White Health
- Clinic staff nurse for multiple doctors at UT Southwestern Hem/Onc Clinic
- Nurse at Criti Care
1 month at this Job
- Associate - Nursing
Travel Nurse on temporary assignment.
- PACU Registered Nurse at Health Providers Choice
- PACU Nurse at Lompoc Valley Medical Center
- Agency Nurse at Aya Healthcare
- ASC Manager at Eye Associates Northwest, PC
2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
Works as Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse in Medical Surgical/Emergency Department for Morrill County Community Hospital & Kimball Health Services. Both facilities are Acute Access Hopitals. Also volunteers for Morrill County Advance Cardiac Life Support Services.
- Charge Nurse, RN at Morril County Community Hosiptal & Kimball Health Services
- Clinical Instructor at Brokenshire College
- Trauma, ICU/CCU Nurse at Davao Private Duty Nurses Association
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Work as member of healthcare team providing Critical Care Nursing interventions for patients, while maintaining hemodynamic stability and titration of medications, drips, and use of CV assistive devices. Manage SICU as Day/Night Charge Nurse. Performed Core Measures Chart Audits, and educated staff on policy/procedures and regulatory laws. Provided Nursing, and Post-Operative, Care for Cardiovascular / Thoracic ~ Trauma ~ Neuro ~ Dialysis patients.
- SICU Staff/ Charge Nurse at Baylor Scott & White
- ICU/CCU Staff Nurse (PRN) at Parallon
- Texas Office of Inspector General (OIG) at Parallon
- Quality Nurse Specialist Director at Parallon
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Nursing - Bachelors of Science Nursing
Laser Nurse, pre-op and post-op care of patients receiving laser surgery. Worked with Yag, Pascal and SLT lasers. Assist surgeons as needed, . Assured cleanliness of the laser and equipment, Apply patient's eye patches as needed. Patient education on the procedures and after care. Gave patient eye drops and other medications as needed then assessed for dilation of the eye and any adverse effects the medications might cause. I also checked records of all regular eye surgery patients to see that all testing was completed and all paper work was complete in preparation for their eye surgery. Made the surgery schedules. Call patients tell them of time of their surgeries and their pre-op instructions. In October of 2015 I went to the post op position. I did post-op assessments on all patients. Changed eye patch as needed. Monitored diabetic patients for hypoglycemia and treated accordingly. Gave special medications ordered by surgeon. I then discontinued their IV. At this point I saw they had all there post-op paperwork and discharged at the appropriate time.
- Registered Nurse at Ridgelake Surgery Center
- Registered Nurse (RN) at NHC Somerville in Somerville TN
- Registered Nurse at NHC Home Care
- Registered Nurse at Baptist Memorial Hospital
2 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Nursing Science - Nursing Science