•Helped drivers who have graduated from a CDL school develop the skills they need to become first-seat drivers and take to the road on their own.
•Made sure that new drivers have a good grasp of basic safe driving practices such as proper speed, right of way, parking procedures, how to handle fatigue, federal safety regulations, and pre-trip inspections.
•Important vehicle operation such as shifting, operating a tractor trailer, including maintenance, coupling and uncoupling, trip planning, Qualcomm usage, and hours of service.
•Fill out paperwork, including a weekly evaluation of the student driver being mentored plus a final evaluation before students can become first seat drivers.
•Instills a sense of the importance of a clean, professional appearance and courtesy on and off the road.
- CDL Class A Driver OTR Trainer/Mentor at CR England Global
- Stocker at Office Depot OfficeMax
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - G.E.
- - General Education
- CDL-A Truck Driver at NSC Technologies, INC
- CDL-A Truck Driver at Old Dominion Freight Lines
- CDL-A Truck Driver at CEVA Logistics
- CDL-A Truck Driver/Soda Sales at Pepsi Cola
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Diploma - Automotive Mechanics