As a cell site technician I am responsible for maintaining 84 cell sites in remote areas, unsupervised. I am very knowledgeable with power AC and DC, power distribution units, various testing equipment to include Anritsu 5800, CellMaster, etc. I path align microwaves, provision Cisco 8605's, 8611's. In addition, I work outside of my scope of practice regularly for various projects to include but not limited to; fiber, construction, and maintenance on the network core. I'm Comtrain tower climber certified.
- Union Telephone Company Cell Site Technician at Cell Site Technician
- Franks International Dispatcher / Field Hand at
- United States Army at Radio and Communications Security Repairer United States Army
- Radio and Communications Security Repairer at Illinois Army National Guard
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Security and COMSEC Repairer 94E
- High school or equivalent
Cell site civil work, installation of upgrades and equipment both in indoor shelters and outdoor sites, running wire, upgrading power plants as well as other equipment such as raycap, DUS, SUP, XMU etc..
- Cell Site Technician at Carman Industries LLC
- Installer/Helper at Sunpro
- Maintenance Technician at Al Copeland Investments
- Maintenance Worker at Diversified Foods and Seasonigs
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- GED - General
- OSHA 10, OSHA and GHS hazardous communication, OSHA blood borne pathogen - Safety
Responsible for maintaining cell site premises across the state of Arkansas for Verizon wireless included mowing, weed eating and treating w/herbicide, install commercial AC power relays and alarm w/category 5 punch down on 66 alarm block, install smoke detectors and alarm, install GFCI receptacles, install light ballast and T8/T10 bulbs, install AC data lightning surge arrestors and alarm, install Jr gages and alarm for low fuel on LP tanks for stationary/backup generators, add fuel to backup generators, log fuel level, oil psi, run time hrs, AC voltage, battery voltage, deploy backup generators to cell sites that didn't have stationary generators during power outages, repair roofs to shelters that housed equipment such as rectifiers, routers, etc. Repair floors, seal cracks and holes, paint exterior of shelter, install exterior light fixtures, log job duties performed accordingly in cell site log books as well as for own records, log into cell sites via Verizon state switch, call each cell tech to inform him/her of job duties performed at his/her cell site.
- Cell Site Technician at Greer Electric LLC
- Cabinet Maker/Installer at J & S custom cabinets
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• 5G MIMO Integrations for Sprint
• 4G Airscale 800,1900 and 2.5 trouble shoot and Integrations.
• Upgrade Asia cards in Nokia Airscale using BTS Manager for Verizon Wireless.
• Built Nokia Airscale BBU's for Verizon Wireless and Sprint
• Commission and Integrate Sprint 2.5 LTE cell sites.
• Integrated LTE 4th carrier 700DE and 2300WCS frequencies for AT&T Wireless.
• Dual banded 700 LTE and AWS for Verizon Wireless NYC.
• Upgraded CSM-CSMv2 router card and Eccmu-Eccm2 control card for Verizon Wireless, Sprint and AT&T wireless NYC.
• In charge of building LTE, AWS and Remote Radio Head cell sites for Verizon Wireless.
• Add capacity to 1900 and 850 frequency UMTS node-b cell sites for AT&T wireless.
• Trouble shoot diversity imbalance and hardware issues for ATT wireless and Sprint.
• Coordinate with engineers, contractors and project management on the readiness of a cell site that needs to be built, tested and integrated
• Worked on building various aspects of a Verizon Wireless switch.
• Keep detailed record of each cell site that is to be accepted by the customer.
• In charge of build team for UMTS and EVDO technology.
• Configured cell sites for Sprint EVDO, which is high-speed data transfer.
• Add and remove carrier-frequencies for Sprint Mod cells.
- Cell Site Technician at ALCATEL-LUCENT/ NOKIA
20 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Management Science - Management Science
-Performed on-site integration and activation of new service that includes macro , small cells, distributed antenna systems and network facilities deployed in market. -performed all drive testing activities required to support the network build program of new cells. - EVDO, CDMA and LTE carrier additions etc. including data collection activity and post processing of the data to establish acceptable service levels -Analyzed sites on a sector cell site level using network tools to determine if any PIM / interference is present. Takes the initial steps with the use of PIM test equipment / Spectrum analyzer to support on-site testing of the antenna system and over the air interference analysis to identify the source -Utilized OTDR, OLTS, and related test equipment to troubleshoot and test fiber. Work with multiple internal and external groups to manage and coordinate work. Engage with vendors system administrators, and network personnel to resolve issues - Read, understand, and executed methods of procedures (MOPs) and ensure technical standards are adhered to and no adverse effects will be caused in the network - Performed both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary - Understand call processing (originations handoffs, and terminations) and data networking (switching/routing, TCP/IP). - Knowledge in antenna design, propagation, and azimuth - Worked with multiple internal and external groups to manage and coordinate work. Engaged with vendors, system administrators, and network personnel to resolve issues. - Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: Lucent, Nokia, Nortel. - Telecom experience including: Ethernet backhaul, fiber optic testing / configuration. -Computer support experience including: PC hardware, software and configuration. Experience in DC power systems including: Galaxy and Lorain
- Cell Site Technician at Verizon Wireless
17 years at this Job
- None - none
My job duties included the building, maintaining and decommissioning of all of their cell phone sites. I also was in charge of the drive/network testing to help find what areas lacked in signal. This aided in the planning of future sites and also helped in troubleshooting of customer problems.
- Cell Site Technician at Blue Wireless
3 years at this Job
- Regents diploma
Knowledge experience with AT&T MDAT and NFSD Web Portal Repaired and PM maintained HVAC units throughout the state of Alabama for AT&T cell tower sites. Participated In an on call rotation for hi temp repairs of 930 plus locations from Montgomery to the Tennessee state line. Responsible for 313 sites on a monthly PM completion every 6 months. Listed Units to repair and maintain: Marvair DC and AC units Sun Bard DC and AC units Eubanks Some split units in the Birmingham area Participated in Generator Deployment
- HVAC Cell Site Technician AT&T at General Telecom Inc. GTIC
- Maintenance Supervisor at Trinitas Ventures LLC
- Maintenance Supervisor at Trinitas Ventures LLC
- Lead Maintenance Technician at Arium Inverness-Carroll Management
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- - HVAC
•Experience in ALU SA-8 and 7705 routers; including maintenance, repair, and upgrades.
•Integral participant establishing the framework in a CRAN network using ALU 1830 VWM gear.
•Trained in the usage of the Viavi 5800 testing unit, including OTDR testing.
•Microwave path equipment maintenance and software upgrades.
•Highly qualified in telephony standards and testing telecom circuits at various bandwidths.
•Responsible for the maintenance and compliance of over 60 cell sites.
•AC/DC power basics, as well as the installation and repair of alarm module units, i.e., Site Boss.
•Project management and vendor interaction to complete carrier additions and new turn ups.
- ENGINEER III SPECIALIZED NETWORK / CELL SITE TECHNICIAN at VERIZON
- SYSTEM TECHNICIAN at VERIZON WIRELESS
- TELECOM ENGINEER at VERIZON WIRELESS
- SWITCH TECHNICIAN at VERIZON WIRELESS
4 years at this Job
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Associates - General Studies
Built and maintained cell antennas on highline power structures and poles
- Tower Climber/Cell site technician at Highline communications
- Machine Operator at SIG SAUER, Inc.
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school diploma
Responsible for installing and commissioning Airscale 4G/LTE units. Experience in advanced trouble shooting and diagnostics, on both FSM4-1 and ALU BBU. Was invlolved in the second and third carrier adds. Recently obtained the Nokia certification for 5G installs and commissioning; in addition to having experience troubleshooting 5G sites.
- Cell Site Technician at Lemcon Americas
- Cellsite Technician at LKR
- Site Supervisor/ Contractor at RPR Enterprises
- Cable Technician at RG communications
1 year at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - General Education
- - general studies