Spectra Services Inc. Sub-Contractor to Alcatell-Lucent/Nokia working on central office equipment upgrade project for Century Link at multiple central offices throughout the Phoenix area. My duties include working on the Century Link COSMIC Distribution Frame removing DIPS old cross connects from old OE and running of new cross connects from new OE terminals to customer feed cable pairs
- Central Office Technician at Spectra Services Inc
- Service Technician (Voice & Data) at Wachter Inc
- Telecommunications Technician at M&M Systems
- Telecommunications Technician at AMI Telecom & Electrical
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Diploma in Telecommunications Technology - Telecommunications Technology
• Program and maintain Central Office Meta switch.
• Perform all aspects of Hosted/VOIP systems including but not limited to Grandstream, Freepbx, Sangoma.
• Proficient in the installation, maintenance, and testing of voice and data circuits from the Central Office to the customer premise using various test procedures and equipment.
• Proficient with Telco and Network testing equipment such as; JDSU 3000, TTC T-BERD 950, DIGI, TIMS, and general digital and analog voltmeters.
• Proficient in using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Central Office Technician at New Paris Telephone
- Data Technician at CENTURYLINK, Inc
- Data Technician at CENTURYLINK, Inc
- Business Service Technician at CENTURYLINK, Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
70,000 CenturyLink Communication, 1485 B ST. Colorado Springs, C0 80906 Responsible for the provisioning and maintenance of all Central Office inner-office facilities including but not limited to digital and optical equipment and subscriber loop carrier systems.. Installs, provisions, and performs routine maintenance using optical test equipment such as TBERD 310/2310, JDSU 5800 test set OTDR, Laptop, Power Meter, Light Meter, Fluke Meter, Medtronic's battery analyzer, Optical fiber Identifier, Fiber Fault locator, Optical scope, etc. Updates work and maintenance logs through WFA and TIRKS databases. Plans jobs and determines materials and resources needed to complete tasks. Reviews and interprets work orders, wiring lists, wiring diagrams, and equipment drawings and follows standard practices in the performance of job duties. Runs diagnostic test programs, analyzes defects and/or tests various types of digital and optical muxes (Titan 5500, DAC IV, Cisco-15454, mTera Universal Transport Platform, Ciena 6500, Fuji 4500/4100/4010, FLM 50/150 FLM 2400, Alcatel, 7100N/DWDM Sys. EtherSAM Ethernet Methodology service testing
- Central Office Technician at B ST
- Communications Manager, SFC at US Army
- Communications Chief, SFC at US Army
- Communications Chief, SSG at US Army
20 years at this Job
- - Communications, Communications
As a c.o. technician we are responsible for scanning computer for incoming orders/ repairs. We would then load the ticket to ourself. Then work ticket. That could include wiring up new telephone service/ dsl service, etc. I would run wire inside the c.o. this job included running in wires/ circuits. Testing wires/circuits. Climbing ladders. Responsible for updating word documents and filing said work documents. Responsible for keeping building clean. Work space organized. Taking calls, working with testers on phone. Able to test diagnose and repair troubles. Worked unsupervised. Traveled in company from building to building to perform work duties.
- Central office technician at Verizon
- Dispatch at New york telephone/ verizon
- Telephone operator at New york telephone
- Directory Assistance Operator at New york Telephone/ At&T
9 years, 6 months at this Job
I started as a Clerk, answering call from customers having problems with their phones, later as a clerk for the second level typing letters for the second level, , taking care of time sheets for 25 employees sending report to payroll. later promoted to Frame attendant, wire pots lines for new customers to give them service, later promoted to central office technician doing backups on computers , collecting information from computers and storing it on tape. for safe keeping, in case of computer crash. answering phones from customers who had problems with computers, responsible for giving new customers service.
- Central office Technician at Verizon Telephone Company
- Assembler at Laundry at Gallagher Laundry
36 years, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate in typing 45wpm - Typing
- None - Typing
- High school - Math, Science, History, Health, Biology,
• Support Field technicians in equipment maintenance and repair.
• Provided consistent service by performing routine office maintenance and repairs on circuits, cables and equipment.
• Performed installations of telecommunications equipment
• Installed and configured new devices and system components.
• Handle all landline switching and service changes through C15 soft switch
• Handle all DSL service changes through ADTRAN total access 5000 systems
• Handle conversion of land lines From gr303, LCE, over to SIP
• Perform troubleshooting of various office equipment, circuits, and customer services calls
- Central Office Technician at Nucla Naturita Telephone Company
- Field Technician at Nucla Naturita Telephone Company
4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Training - C15 Operations, Maintenance, And Fault Management C15 soft switch training course
6/30/1986 - 4-24-2014 During my 28 tenure with the phone company, I held many positions. Operator Services: Directory assistance. Required speed and accuracy with direct customer contact to provide phone number and address information. Engineering Records: Initial Position. This was a highly complex and detailed position requiring the drawing and positing of estimates to Mylar cable plates. Engineering Planning: Demands of this position required the maintaining of all cable facilities in Maine, NH, and VT. Required both the use of PC software and proprietary softwares. General Manger Northern States Staff: Responsible for the development of presentations for the general manager to be utilized in high level corporate meetings as well as PUC hearings. Line Assignment: Responsible for resolving cable facility assignment troubles. Involved direct customer contact with our largest Enterprise Customers as well as outside techs. Due to impending service due dates, all work was done under severe time constraints. Central Office Tech: Test, turn-up, and troubleshooting of high capacity data, analog, and 911 circuits. Dealt directly with largest Enterprise Customers, 911, government, wholesale, and resale customers. Since most of the services were critical in nature, resolution was of utmost importance. All above positions required use of various PC and proprietary softwares.
- Central Office Technician at FaIrpoint Communications f.k.a.NEW ENGLAND TEL., NYNEX, BELL ATLANTIC, VERIZON
27 years, 10 months at this Job
- BA - English, Secondary Education, Educational Theatre
Perform daily operation that supports the overall Central Office Operations. Task include 10/100M/GigE/10 GigE circuits installation and test, DS3 and T-1 DSX cabling, maintenance support for 5ess/DMS Switch's, and Acatel / Titan Dacs hardware swaps as directed by SMR, s. Continuous maintenance and upgrades of several Collocations devices in the Phoenix area. Support test and turn up services to existing Cisco Network Units, Ciena 4200 DWM, LE-311v Service Delivery Switch, Adtran Total Access 5000 Series and MRV Fiber driver conversion Units. Additional duties include the monitor and reports of two Central Office Facilities equipment's.
- Central Office Technician II at XO Communications
- Network Field Technician III at XO/Allegiance Telecom
- Network Field Engineer at Advanced Radio Telecom
- Communications Technician at ICG Telecomm Group
6 years, 2 months at this Job
Central office telecom technician for Bullard, Lake Palestine East, Troup & Overton Tx. Responsible for all fiber optic muxes, digital remote carriers, ADSL and special circuits for cell towers, commercial businesses and individual customers. On call duties as well as nightwork within the maintenance window. Repair & return of defective cards, routine maintenance, goods receiving and generating all purchase orders for the district.
- Central Office Technician at CenturyLink
- Remote Material Handler at Communication Link
- Project Manager at Texas for Sprint LTD
- at Stage Stores Inc
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Electronics
- High School Diploma
Maintains and upkeeps the secondary power facilities for Verizon's infrastructure and it's customers. This includes keeping equipment clean, doing periodic diesel engine and battery stress tests as well as swapping out system components if there is a failure. Thorough and detailed record keeping about the condition of components and power sources is also a requirement.
- Central Office Technician at Verizon
- Administrative assistant at Verizon Communications
20 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent