Certified Home Health Aide
RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary purpose of this job position is to provide routine care in accordance with a given care plan, our policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the RN Supervisor, to assure that the highest degree of quality client care is provided at all times.
1. Report on an off duty
2. Perform all assigned duties in accordance with our established policies and procedures and safety rules and regulations.
3. Perform all assigned duties.
4. Assist client with meals, including feeding, cooking and serving food as needed.
5. Assist client with dental and mouth care.
6. Assist client with hair grooming, shampoo, shaving, and filing and cleaning fingernails.
7. Assist client with elimination needs (on and off bedpan, commode and toilet, and diaper change if client is incontinent.
8. Check and report bowel movements and voiding, character of stool and urine as directed.
9. Assist client with baths (in bed, tub or shower)
10. Assist client with transfers (move from and to chair, wheelchair) and with ambulating.
11. Take and record client’s temperature, pulse, and respiration rate when needed or advised.
12. Assist client with dressing.
13. Observe and report the presence of pressure areas to prevent decubitus.
14. Provide light housekeeping duties assigned in the care plan.
15. Shopping for client if necessary.
16. Making and changing client’s bed.
17. Washing client’s personal clothes and linen if necessary.
18. Follow the schedule set by the Case Manager/Therapist and in accordance with client’s needs
19. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment while on duty.
20. Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent clients’ care information to assure client’s rights are protected.
21. Listing supplies needed to perform care.
22. Report all complaints to supervisor
23. Maintain proper documentation and records of care given.
24. Report all accidents/incidents, regardless of how minor, to Supervisor as soon as possible.
25. Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the Supervisor
26. Follow infection control procedures as established by this agency.
EDUCATION: Completed a New Jersey State Board of Nursing approved Certified Homemaker Home Health Aide course who remains in good standing, holding a current certificate in New Jersey.
WORK EXPERIENCE: None is needed
Consistent with the above philosophy, A Rest Assured Home Health Care, Inc. provides the highest quality physical care. High standards are expected from all employees. Our standards are supplemented by our pre-service, in-home or hospital evaluation of every patient by a qualified Registered Nurse. This insures the most appropriate care for that client by our provider of service. It also allows for the best possible matching of provider of service with client.