-Fordham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Bronx NY
-Morningside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Bronx NY
- Citadel Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Kingsbridge, Bronx NY Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
• Servicing short-term and long-term individuals in a skilled nursing facility with diverse diagnoses, which include musculoskeletal impairments, cardiopulmonary & respiratory disabilities, and various degenerative diseases.
• Worked under the supervision of an OTR providing therapy to help patients develop and improve daily living skills.
• Followed individual treatment plans and monitored patient activities to ensure correct performance
• Instructed patients in the proper method of performing functional transfers.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at The Plaza
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Good News Personnel
- COTA, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Certification Date at Occupational Therapy, Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- A.A.S - Occupational Therapy Assistant
Maintain client's independence in BADL's and IADL's, evaluate and adapt the environment to minimize cognitive, sensory and visual deficits for improved safety. Provided mental health support and family education of disease process. 09/2011 - Present Lawrence Memorial Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA/L) on a geriatric acute-care and medical psychiatric unit. Worked directly with OTR in evaluating and implementing treatment plans, facilitated milieu and group therapy, provided 1:1 OT psychiatric treatment, provided patient and family mental health education, competent in group and individual dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Completed patient documentation, participated in treatment planning with interdisciplinary team. Fieldwork Experience
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Private Homecare for Alzheimer's Dementia
- organizer, conference presenter and keynote speaker at Private Homecare for Alzheimer's Dementia
- Certified Occupational Therapist at Private Homecare for Alzheimer's Dementia
- Newburyport MA & Butler Hospital at Private Homecare for Alzheimer's Dementia
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- M.A. - Occupational Therapy
- A.S. - Occupational Therapy
• Observed and recorded patients' progress, attitudes, behavior, and maintained this information in clients records
• Evaluated the daily living skills and capacities of physically, developmentally or emotionally disabled clients
• Instructed, and assisted in instructing, patients and families in home programs, basic living skills, and the care and use of adaptive equipment
• Selected and altered treatments to obtain the desired results to help clients function independently Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interim Healthcare Defiance, OH 2011-to-present Technician
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Encore Rehabilitation Services
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at HealthPRO Heritage
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Occupational Therapy Assistant
Certified occupational therapy assistant providing functional interventions to increase independence, restore or enhance function, and quality of life for patients in a sub acute setting. Skilled in documentation, group therapy treatments, communication and education between patient, family, and care team, adaptive equipment, and developing a therapeutic relationship with each patient on my caseload.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Hillhaven Rehab
- Activities and Care Manager at Team Risk Management Strategies
- Level II Fieldwork at Mary Cariola Children's Center
- Certified yoga instructor at Max Effort Fitness
2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Occupational Therapy Assistant
• Treats patients as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
• Records treatments given in medical record.
• Participates in Daily and Weekly Clinical Case Management Meetings as indicated.
• Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
• Participates in facility in-service training programs.
• Records daily treatments and labor according to corporate procedure.
• Instructs families and staff in maintenance programs as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
• Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and department.
• Completes weekly progress notes for caseload
• Maintains Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) Supervision Log per state Licensure & Practice Act Guidelines
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Daybreak Venture, LLC
8 months at this Job
- Associate - Occupational Therapy Assistant
West Springfield, MA, September 2013 to present
• Developed IEP goals and objectives and monitored student progress for up to 35 students aged 4-21
• Designed and implemented educational programming in the areas of fine motor, activities of daily living, handwriting, prevocational, vocational, and home management skills
• Conducted staff trainings to ensure effective implementation of occupational therapy programming
• Supervised Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Supervised Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at May School
- at Melmark New England
- at Springfield College
- Level II Fieldwork at Dr. Solomon Carter Fuller Mental Health Center
5 years, 6 months at this Job
Collingswood, NJ - 2016 - Present
Symbia is the single source for the broadest spectrum of clinically integrated solutions for post-acute care providers. Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
• Develop treatment plans for clients that need rehabilitation due to physical, mental, developmental, or emotional difficulties.
• Collaborate with Occupational Therapist and Doctors on client needs and progress
• Document and report all activities and treatment plans
• Consult with clients and client families to establish realistic and achievable goals
• Teach mobility-enhancing exercises and individualized plans for clients to dress, bathe, and feed themselves when they return home
• Follow legal regulations pertaining to client care and comply with professional policies, standards and local state and federal rules
• Operate and maintain equipment required for treatment/movement of clients OTHER EXPERIENCE
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at SYMBRIA at COLLINGSWOOD UNITED METHODISTS COMMUNITY
- at GENESIS HEALTHCARE
- Passionate Occupational Therapy Assistant at
- Occupational Therapy Assistant at Fox Rehabilitation HEALTHCARE
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Occupational Therapy Assistant
Communicate with patients constantly to create an encouraging environment and positive attitude towards treatment
• Followed individual treatment plans and monitored patient activities to ensure correct performance.
• ADL retraining and IADL skill development
• Integrated aquatic therapy, manual therapy, and gym-based exercises to facilitate improved pain levels and function in patients with a variety of orthopedic and neurological conditions.
• Formulated individualized home exercise programs for pediatric through geriatric patients.
• Participated in weekly rounds with rehab team and coordinated patient discharge with other therapy disciplines.
• Documented patient's progress and reported to the occupational therapist
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Holistic Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Tara Therapy (Douglassville Nursing and Rehab)
- Temporary Nanny at TLC for Kids
- Substitute Teacher at St. Louis Public Schools
1 year at this Job
- AAS - Occupational Therapy Assistant
Being a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant since 1998, brings a wide range of experience. Having been a Rehabilitation Director in skilled nursing facilities in the area, since 2006, add other aspects to the experience. I have experience with Orthopedic, Neurological and General Debility Patients, as well as Part B Programming, RUGs, Budgeting, Staffing, PPS, MDS, Human Resources, Payroll, Billing, Labor Management, Invoicing, General Supervisory and operational tasks for therapy. I have experience in lower and upper rehabilitation management, inpatient rehabilitation settings, outpatient rehabilitation, home health, skilled nursing facilities and in business; I feel that I have an eclectic perspective that I can bring to your organization. I believe that I can learn within, as well as add something to your amazing team. When faced with the most difficult customers, my understanding of behavioral approaches and problem solving skills has proven worthy and most beneficial to the overall task and its progress toward the planned destination. I would like to bring my experience and knowledge to your organization and staff, as well as learn from your organization and staff members. Skills
• Experience and understanding of Multiple Payor Sources
• Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care
• Experience with Supervising and Managing Staff
• Experience with Scheduling and staffing with a budget
• Experience with Devising, Implementing, Auditing Procedures
• Experience in establishing Short Term and Long Term Goals
• Experience with Customer Service
• Experience with Medical Billing/Coding
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records
• Experience with Program Development
• Previous experience with multiple health care settings
• Excellent Interpersonal Relationship Development Skills
• Excellent Intrapersonal Relationship Development Skills
• Public Speaking skills
• Experience with ultrasound, and electrical stimulation, Fluidotherapy
• Credentialed in Physical Agent Modalities
• Wide knowledge base in the treatment of the neurological patient
• Wide knowledge base in the treatment of the Orthopedic patient
• Wide knowledge base in the treatment of Cardiopulmonary Rehab
• Wide knowledge base in the treatment of Debility
• Positive Attitude
• Willingness and eagerness to learn something new
• Experience with Constraint Induced Movement Therapy
• Excellent Problem Solving Skills Availability Flexible References Please see attached References 1. Jamie Herrmann, LPTA, NHA, Co-Owner and Pres. of Therapy Plus Inc. Address 1102 29th Street Portsmouth, Ohio 45662 Cell Phone 740 464 4953 2. Joe Isaac, PT, Owner Tri State Rehab Telephone (740) 550 0353 3. Marianne Barte, COTA/L, Holzer Clinic Address 608 Swisher Hill Road Cheshire Ohio 45620 Telephone 740 367 7899, Cell 740 645 6796 3. Mathew Romanello, LPTA, Advantage 360 Address 102 Judy Lane Lucasville, Ohio 45648 Telephone 740 858 4039, Cell 740 464 8342 4. Amy Frazie, SLP, Scioto County Schools Address 475 Wheelers Mill Road Wheelersburg, Ohio 45694 5. Carrie Williams, MOTR/L, Bellefonte Outpatient Services Cell Phone 740 352 9319 6. Mike Lusk, DPT, King's Daughters Medical Center Address 2010 Man of War Drive Raceland, Kentucky 41169 Cell Phone 606 571 6207 7. Staci Harr, PT, Home Health Home Phone 740 259 0722, Cell Phone 740 285 4277 8. Penny Martin-Srofe, MOTR/L, Occupational Therapist Cell Phone 740 250 5121
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Being
21 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates degree in Applied Science in Occupational Therapy in June - Occupational Therapy
HENDRICK HEALTH SYSTEMS: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, (Acute Rehab Services). Treatment of varied acute diagnosis': ADL & IADL re-training, Head Trauma, Wound care, CVA, ORIF (hip replacement), SCI, Cardio-Rehab, Hand Therapy, and Splinting; extensive family and staff medical care training programs per say the patients' discharge plans. Supervision of rehabilitation technicians and participated in multi-disciplinary rehabilitation teams. Rural Rehabilitation Director: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Responsible for starting up Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy services in four Skilled Nursing Facilities, located in southwest Kansas. Same rehabilitation duties of varied diagnosis as mentioned above with additional responsibilities of budgeting, scheduling of patients and staffing. Special achievements: Took OT department from $0.00 revenue base to approximately $250,000 in annual revenues in a community with a population of less than thousand individuals. Focus Rehabilitation: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Sub-Acute care services for two Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) in Arkansas City, Kansas. Provided skilled rehabilitation services for senior citizens in the (SNF) setting and the general public in the out-patient department. Provided training and the development of restorative care home programs upon discharge. Quality Rehabilitation Services and Sundance Rehabilitation Services: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) in the Ottawa, Kansas City, Kansas region. Also Provided skilled rehabilitation services for the general population, Skilled qualifications and duties as mentioned above including daily training of complex medical procedures for Medical and Family Personal upon discharge of the client's. Continental Medical Systems and Beverly Enterprises Inc.: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, provided skilled rehabilitation services for several Skilled Nursing Faculties (SNF) in the Lawrence, Kansas region. Full-time Construction Foreman: Residential and commercial construction: Electrical wiring, mechanical plumbing installation, dry-walling, framing, flooring, brick laying, concrete work, carpentry, and roofing. Appropriate use of the MSDS and PPE requirements'. U.S. Navy: Gunners Mate Technician, Mechanical/Electrical maintenance & repairs on the Mark 16 ASROCK launching system. Use of toxic chemicals/MSDS/PPE, Member of the Personnel Reliability Team, Top Secret Clearance, Sprinkler system maintenance & repairs. Armed Petty Officer of the watch. Honorable Discharged.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant at Reliant Rehabilitation
at this Job
- Bachelor Degree of Science - Management, Industrial Hygiene
- Associate Degree in Applied Science - Certified occupational therapy assistant