• I'm a certified ophthalmic assistant.
• 6 years experience in the field of ophthalmology.
• knowledgeable in anatomy and diseases of the eye.
• remarkable ability in history taking, evaluate patient problems and provide complete documentation of patient records.
• skills in performing the following instruments: IOL master, A Scan, OCT, Visual field test,lensometer,goldmann tonometer, tono pen, pachymeter, autorefractor and other ophthalmic test.
• assist in minor surgery and lasers.
• knowledgeable in patient care.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Dr. Jeffery M. Sage DO inc
- Optometrist at Chong Hua Hospital Eye Institute
- Executive at Optical
- Staff Optometrist at LLanillo Romero Optical
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Diploma - COA
Responsibilities Preliminary ocular testing, scheduling, answering phones, purchasing agent, perform various ocular testing, sterilize instruments, cross trained in some office duties, compliant with HIPPA regulations, one on one with patients, able to keep up with patient flow,and comply with deadlines in a timely manner. Accomplishments Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, role model, supportive to other employees, gave 100 % of my abilities, dependable ,self disciplined, role model, always worked at doing best, took care of my patients as if they were my family. Skills Used common sense, 18 years of experience on ocular training, typing, phone etiquette, the use of a copier, agility, filing, scheduling, patient etiquette, versibilty.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at JONES EYE CENTER
21 years, 2 months at this Job
• Certified ophthalmic assistant and ophthalmic scribe certified by JCHAPO
• assist in training and developing employees
• trained in all diagnostic testing to assist in a variety of clinic specialties
• able to scribe in a variety of ophthalmic sub specialties
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Grand Rapids Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmic Technician/ Scribe at Verdier Eye Center
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- Medical Administrative Assistant certificate - Medical administrative assisting
- High school - General
In my position of Certified Ophthalmic Assistant I am responsible for conducting accurate ocular testing including visual acuity, refraction, SLT lamp examination,applanation, visual fields and Oct's. In addition, I also assisted at the reception desk when needed greeting patients, registering new patients for their appointment and verifying insurance.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Center for Sight
- Customer Service Representative at Progressive Insurance
- Customer Service- Teller at Fifth Third Bank
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
15 Lowell Street Portland, ME 04102 Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Senior Ophthalmic Technician/Supervisor/Lead Technician
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Senior Ophthalmic Technician/Supervisor/Lead Technician at Maine Eye Center
- Office Manager/Medical Secretary at Eyecare Today
- Owner/Operator of a home childcare business at A Joyful Noise Childcare
- Dental Hygienist at Michael Frost, DMD
8 years at this Job
- AS - Dental Hygiene
Duties include all ophthalmic technician responsibilities which includes: IOP checks, OCT, Topography, keratometry, fundus photography, IOL master, dilation, and more. Proficient in EHR with Intergy. Other job duties include all building maintenance for 6 offices; maintaining vehicle fleet; front desk administrative duties as needed; patient transport for cataract surgery. Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - 2017
- Operations Manager/ Certified ophthalmic assistant at The Eye Clinic
- Opthalmic Assistant at Kokopelli Eye Institute
- Tire installer at Costco Wholesale
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Human Development
Clinical Ophthalmic Exam's Refractions Diagnostic testing Scribe Calling in prescription medications Computer medical records Surgical procedures and counseling Refractive surgery laser certified
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Maine Eye Center
- Ophthalmic Assistant at The Eye Center of Central Maine
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Biology - Biology
- Associate - Biological health sciences
• Explored the opportunity to work in a small ophthalmic/optometric office which collaborates with a optometry office in New Jersey, allowing the chance to learn a new realm of the ophthalmology world and how it coordinates with optometry. The opportunity to learn and see hands on how different diagnoses appear in the eye with the help and guidance of the ophthalmologist along with being able to refine my ability to refract manually. Learning daily about laser surgery, the process of surgeries, along with performing the other duties of an ophthalmic assistant .
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Newtown Laser and Eye Institute
- JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Tri-County Eye Physicians and Surgeons, PC
- Student Worker/Librarian at Cabrini College
- Support Staff at Wehrung's Lumber and Home Center
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
34691 727-934-5705 Obtain histories of patients to include their chief complaint, present/past illness and history, allergies, and medications Perform visual acuity testing on patients using snellen eye chart. Perform tests including ocular motility, color vision, titmus, amsler grid, shirmer tear, and pharmacological pupil test, Potential Acuity Meter, glare, and obtaining the Intraocular pressure using a hand held tonometer, slit lamp tonometer, or the tonopen. Measure the corneal curvature of a patient with a keratometer, and the performing a manifest refraction establishing a current prescription on a phoropter. Establishing the corneal thickness of a patient with a pachymeter. Measuring and determining the prescription and optical power of a patients current lenses using a lensometer. Examination of the eye and surrounding tissues using slit lamp and refraction equipment. Measuring a patients peripheral vision using a Humphrey Visual Field. Assist physician in the clinic in performing intricate examination and treatment procedures of the eye and surrounding tissues. Scheduling and triage of patients, with provision of health promotion advice, patient education and care management, and also insurance verification. Cleaning, organizing, and ordering ophthalmic equipment and medications in exam rooms. Perform ophthalmologic testing independently and superiorly, following standard testing procedures, with the ability to teach proper technique. Perform with superior understanding and diagnostic decision making, A-Scans, B-Scans, IOL Master, and Topography to determine the proper IOL used in cataract surgery. Keeping up the surgeon factor and updating surgical results in the Holladay program for cataract surgery. Performance and superior understanding Optical Coherence Tomography testing and Heidelberg Retinal Tomography. Perform quality control procedures on equipment and products and maintain records for quality control. Dictation of letters to other physicians. Sterilized and set up instruments for ophthalmic surgical procedures, and surgical scrub assistant for cataract surgery and other minor procedures, in a sterile environment.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Lazenby Eye Center
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Westchase Ophthalmology
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Eye Site of Pasco
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Rowan Eye Center
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- MA - Advertising Design
- Associates - Business
Responsibilities Main title Scribe/COA for Pediatric/Adult strabismus specialist. Answer/solve patient questions/concerns. Assist with Scheduling, send reports to patients primary care doctors. Send test results to patients. Assist co-workers with questions. Accomplishments I began working as an ophthalmic assistant in 2008 after completing Medical Assistant and phlebotomy certification programs. To expand my knowledge and excel my experience in OphthamoIogy I bought books, took courses and studied to pass the certification exam in 2011. Skills Used: Excellent customer service skills. Pediatric/Adult history and vision screening, Patient work-ups to include Visual Acuity, Stereopsis, Color vision, Confrontation Visual Fileds, pupil assessment, refraction in +cylinder, APCT testing to assess any Esotropia or Exotropia (I do not assess prism measurement's), Icare tonometry, patient and family medical and ocular history. Assist doctor with ROP exams and adjustable sutures for post operative strabismus surgery patients. Medication renewals, Call center and scheduling, Instruct New contact lens wearers proper insertion and removal of lenses and care. I also have experience with (Topography, OCT scan, HVF, Immersion Ascan, Lenstar and Optos) but have not been using those skills for several years as I have been working solely with the pediatric and adult strabismus specialist. I'm sure a brief refresher on any of the above machines would be all I would need to meet your needs. Experience with LMR and currently using Epic electronic medical records.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant at Microsurgical Eye Consultants
- price verification specialist/among others at Johnny Foodmaster
- Server at IHOP
- team leader at Fidelity Investments
10 years, 7 months at this Job
- certificate - phlebotomy
- certificate - medical assistant