Clear Lake, TX (Feb-June 2014):Global Industrial, Quality Control Analyst, El Dorado, Ark (Nov. 2014-July 2015):Certified Welding Inspector for Wyatt Field Services (Sept. 2015 - Nov. 2015):Quality Control for Inserv (January 2016 - February 2016):QC for KBR in Enid, Ok (April 2016 - May 2016):Quality Control for Inserv (August 2016 - September 2016):Altair Strickland (October 2017 - November 2017:Performance contractors (August 2018-Oct 2018)
- Certified Welding Inspector at Cajun Contractors
8 months at this Job
- High school
* Lead Operations Manager over various groups of Construction * Instructor of Blue Print reading in a classroom setting * Reviewed and taught Procedures/closed out work packages * Weld Test Shop Supervisor and Instructor * Document Control for welders and control of Filler Material * Instructor of Weld Travelers Technical Experience: * Certified Welding Inspector (07070811) * QC Level II in VT, MT and PT for weld inspections * NCCER Certified Welding Instructor * NCCER Core Curricula Instructor Developed, implemented and taught classes for welders and welding supervisors Mentor for Personnel vetting quality and efficiency I have been badged at numerous Nuclear Power Plants in the US and overseas I have a current Passport Work Experience: * 5 years with Shaw/CBI/Fluor Construction - Three years as Lead site Welding Superintendent for night shift for VC Summer Nuclear Units 2&3. Developed classes and consistently updated training for welders and welding supervisors. My responsibilities included inspecting and documenting welds, analyzing Work Packages and Filler Material according to the Weld Data Sheets. Trouble-shooting, correcting and closing Documentation for final analysis. * Applied Technical Services - Working for weld Tech Services Corp. as Lead Quality Control Inspector. Tested welders on site. Made changes and updated work in progress nightly for management meetings. * Allied Technical Services for Duke-Energy - Weld Tech Support for Oconee Major Projects working with welding codes, weld symbols for drawings, field planners and inspections for craft to create working traveler/work orders. Made weld inspections before RT in the field for outage work. Weld Tech's main point of contact for the work going on in the Keowee Project and the Borated Water Storage Tanks. * Fluor Corp. - Senior Weld Tech Support and Weld Test Shop Supervisor working directly under Plant Nuclear Weld Engineer, update welders qualification, teaching craft about WPS's weld travelers and control of weld filler material, changing documentation on non-essential variables and creating an in-depth course for incoming welders utilizing Fluor's Project Nuclear Welding Manual. * I have worked in nuclear plants as a welder and in supervision. This welding consisted of SMAW, GTAW, FCAW and automatic welding with Dimetric and ARC machines, manual and video welding for PCI-Westinghouse, General Electric Welding Services, Inc. and Anchor Darling Valve Co. This included training welders on the machines and teaching manual welding techniques in welding booths. I have worked with high density poly ethylene piping in a nuclear environment for Duke- Energy. Excellent References upon Request
- Certified Welding Inspector at Fluor
9 years, 10 months at this Job
- Some college
In my current position, I am the on-site certified welding inspector. I comply with customer’s tests and codes for our welders, and properly ensure all welders are tested per code and up to date on their certifications. I properly examine the blueprints and evaluate with each welder to make sure they understand the blueprints given. After ensuring that they understand what is expected, I make certain that they have the proper materials, tools, and supplies necessary to complete the job. I inspect all parts and measurements of pieces being built to comply with blueprints before being shipped as well as weld deficiencies in product. I also ensure that all welds are the correct size, the placement of the weld is correct, and the proper procedures are being followed per customer. Furthermore, I perform audits on components and record data into an inspection log. In addition to my duties as an certified Welding Inspector, I oversee the weld shop as well as the saw shop. In the saw shop, I inspect the material and check to make sure it is being cut the right length and the proper material is being used.
- Certified Welding Inspector at Precision Components and Machining
- API Pipe Welder at Beitzel Corporation
- Pipefitter at 360 Fire Protection
- Millwright/Welder at HF Rubber Machinery, Inc.
6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Summit Midstream - Bakken Oil Shale 10" Oil pipeline (Divide-Stampede & Little Muddy Creek
• Caliber Midstream - Bakken Oil Shale 8" Gathering System
• Performance Contractors Inc. - CF Industries 2014 Shut Down
• FGT - Live Oak Meter Station, 6" Tap and Interconnect (Diversified Field Services)
• FP&L - Riviera Beach Electrical Commission 45th Street Compressor Station (Wilcrest Field Services)
• FP&L - Phase I & II 24" pipeline construction (Wilcrest Field Services)
• FGT - 18" & 20" Hydrotesting (Diversified Field Services)
• DCP Midstream - Haynesville Shale well connects, gathering systems, and compressor stations (DCP Midstream)
• Regency Gas - Eagleford Shale 10" & 12" gathering systems (Directional Project Support)
• Spectra Energy - 16" Hot Springs Lateral (MBF Inspections Services)
• Centerpoint Energy - Haynesville Shale well connects and compressor stations (STS Consulting Services)
• TransCanada - 30" Keystone Pipeline Project spreads 2A and 3B (Universal Pegasus)
• FGT - 18" St. Pete Lateral PIP (Diversified Field Services)
• El Paso Natural Gas - ANR Interconnect Line 30149 (Onshore QCS)
• Aspen Natural Gas - Whitewater Mesa 8" gathering system (ForeRunner Corporation)
• El Paso Natural Gas - Roswell, NM 30" PIP (Onshore QCS)
• Williams Natural Gas - 30" Parachute Lateral (Quality Integrated Services)
• Enterprise Natural Gas - 12" Meeker Lateral (MBF Field Services) Duties as an AWS Certified Welding Inspector include: - perform inspection services for all phases of pipeline and compressor station construction including fabrication, mainline, lowering in, tie-in, and structural welding to ensure conformance with AWS/API 1104, AWS/D1.1, and gas company specifications and standards - coordinate and monitor NDT crews to ensure conformance with ANST and gas company standards of non-destructive testing for RT, UT, PT, and MT - provide welder testing by visual and destructive testing standards IAW gas company and AWS specifications - monitor hydrostatic pressure testing and recording - provide utility inspections services as needed for ROW clearing, excavation, weld coating, holiday detection, padding, backfill, clean-up, safety, environmental, and concrete - maintain records for inventory, material tracking control, as-built data, red-line drawings, and job completion books - provide daily inspection reports for gas company review and records 1|Page
- Certified Welding Inspector at AWS
- Installation Electrician for Saturation Diving Systems at AC+ Marine
- NDT Technician / AWS Certified Weld Inspector at Universal Studios Florida
- Dive Tech/Shop Assistant at Erosion Specialist Inc
12 years at this Job
- CWI - AWS - Certified Weld Inspector
- Universal Refrigerant Handler License - HVAC
- - US Navy Nuclear Power
1281 Fulton Industrial Blvd. NW
Atlanta, GA. 30336
• Quality Control and Certified Welding Inspector at Electric Generating Power Plant Bowen, Euharlee, Georgia.
• Visually inspect welded connections on Carbon Piping, and Stainless-Steel Piping.
• Visually inspected various types of Pipe Hangers and Pipe Supports.
• Performed Dimensional Checks and visual weld inspections.
• Monitored and verified proper stud and bolt torque on pipe flanges.
• Tested 3/4" and 7/8" A325 fastener assemblies with direct tension indicator washers (squirter type), calibrate air compressors and air impact guns using Skidmore-Wilhelm calibration device.
- Quality Control and Certified Welding Inspector at Cleveland Mechanical Services
- Quality Control Inspector at WECTEC / Westinghouse Electric Co
- Quality Control and Certified Welding Inspector at Dunlop NDT
- Quality Control and Certified Welding Inspector at Cleveland Mechanical Services
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Spokane, WA Dec'11 - Present
Quality Manager (AWS Certified Welding Inspector)
• Quality assurance of manufactured products through use of variable testing/measuring methods.
• Monitor all work orders to ensure quality standards are being met and/or exceeded throughout the entire production process
• Work in partnership with the all the other departments to enforce quality assurance procedures
• Examination of individual parts, assembled products, in-process welding inspections, process improvements, perform inspections and maintenance of quality records
• Provide input associated with department personnel's annual assessment reviews
• Develop, update, and maintain all department personnel training records
• Analyze and monitor facility and equipment operations for improvement considerations
• In charge of the resolution of the customer complaints
- Quality Manager (AWS Certified Welding Inspector) at SCAFCO Corporation
- Quality Assurance Inspector/ Punch Press Department Supervisor at Accra - Fab, Inc
- U. S. Questionnaire Assistant at Department of Commerce, U. S. Census Bureau
- Server at Azteca Southwest Grill/Restaurant
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Engineering Mechanics
C.W.I.) #18090881 with 38 years of experience in the construction industry. Certified Welder (C.W.) from 1979 to present with multiple certifications. Ethical team member with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Professional experienced in heavy industrial and commercial projects, rigging, fitting, and fabrication. Journeyman pipefitter leveraging background in specialized pipefitting and welding practices to deliver pristine job execution within stringent deadlines. Driven leader adept in achieving safety and quality standards through excellence in code compliance.
- CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTOR at AMERICAN WELDING SOCIETY
- at SELECT JOB PLACEMENTS
- at Kieweit Construction
- at AMS Mechanical
40 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Safety & Health Administration
Certified Welding Inspector to work at STI Group in fabrication and construction of Las Vegas, NV Raiders Stadium - Check welding procedure specification and welder approval. - Validate certificate of calibration (welding equipment & inspection instrument). - Check material and consumable certification. - Check welding equipment and all related ancillaries (cable, regulator, oven, etc). - Correct preparation (Relevant bevel angles, root face, root gap, root radius, land etc.) - Pre-heat values (Heating method, location and control method). - In-process distortion control (Sequence or balanced welding). - Consumable control (Specification, size, condition, and any special treatments) - Welding process and all related variable parameter (Voltage, ampere, travel speed, etc). - Periodically observe in progress welding (Type, pressure/flow and control method). - Welding conditions for root run / hot pass and all subsequent run, and inter-run cleaning. - Minimum and/or maximum inter-pass temperatures. - Check Compliance with all other variables stated on the approved welding procedure. - Carry out visual inspection of the welded joint. - Observe and/or monitor any/or all NDT. - Identify repairs from assessment of visual or NDT reports. - Re-inspect with NDT/NDE. - Repair procedure (approval of re-welding procedures and welder approval). - Execution of approved re-welding procedure. - Re-inspect the repair area with visual inspection and/or approved NDT method. - Create daily report of days activities and findings. - Create picture log of ongoing work. - Maintain daily updated weld log for inspection and contracting companies.
- Certified Welding Inspector at West Coast Inspection Services
- Contract Welder at JL Specialty Welders
- Welder at STI Group
- Welder/Leadman at Kiewit Offshore Services
1 month at this Job
- Certification - Welding Inspection
- Commercial Drivers License
- High school or equivalent
Quality Control Coordinator, Freeport LNG-PTF
• Manage and coordinate all PWHT activities
• Review PWHT charts and Hardness reports
• Review Hydro/Pneumatic test packages before testing
• Expedited any NDE needed for the testing group
• Oversee Quality control documents such VT reports, Bolt up and cleanliness reports.
• Report to the site Quality manager daily on Production or any issues going on. Quality Control Inspector, Freeport LNG-LQF
• Visual inspections on various sizes of Pipe
• Inspected Structural welds
• Bolt ups
• Wrote Quality Surveillance Reports
• Ensured Craft was welding within the parameters of WPS
• Submitted all reports in a timely manner
• Walk down packages with the client
• Create punch list items for hydro/pneumatic testing
• Weld mapping Level II NDE Technician
• Level II RT - Film & CR
• Level II MT & PT
• Piping and Pressure Vessels
• Above ground storage tanks
• Plant work
- Certified Welding Inspector at Versa Integrity Group
- Lead Field Technician at Mistras Group Lab
- at Material Inspection Technology
- Courier at Custom Couriers
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Conducted in-process and final verifications of welding activities performed by pipe fitters and pipe welders.
• Established hold points for fit-ups, root passes and final weld completion
• Conducted receiving inspections of pipe modules and loose piping material consisting of 304 stainless steel and carbon steel piping components.
• Ensured compliance of materials and weldments according to WPS, ASME B31.3 code jurisdiction and Project Specifications.
• Generated and controlled all documentation including surveillance reports, initial inspections, in-process inspections and final installation inspections.
• Ensured all turn over package requirements for each sub system were met.
• Maintained rod control for welding material and loose piping material on site including Material Test Reports.
• Performed Welder Qualification Testing for new hires arriving on site. Proctor & Gamble required a skills test of all welders arriving on site, which was verified by a 3rd party inspector.
• Recorded weld mapping and NDE Acceptance log.
• Attended and participated in Company and Contractor Quality meetings.
- Certified Welding Inspector at Southern Industrial Constructors
- Certified Welding Inspector at Bilfinger Industrial Services
- Certified Welding Inspector at Titan Contracting and Leasing
- Certified Welding Inspector at Fluor Enterprises
1 year, 10 months at this Job