This position is a chemical dependency counselor position in which I perform the duties of a counselor in a residential treatment facility. I perform assessments, intakes, conduct group therapy individual therapy administrative duties referrals Etc. This position gives me the opportunity to work with clients in a residential capacity to help them through the OASAS overseen program of chemical dependency counseling to obtain sobriety.
- CASAC T Chemical Dependency Counselor at Insight House Chemical Dependency Services
- Safe Schools IRT Specialist at Safe Schools Mohawk Valley
- Talent Manager and Music Promotions at Red Letter Management
- Owner/CEO/President at Red Letter Events
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - Chemical Dependency Practicioner
- Certificate - Program/ Accelerated
- A.A. - Liberal Arts/English
- AAS - Liberal Arts
- Certificate - Real Estate
- - English and Fashion
- - Criminal Justice/Social Sciences
I currently work for Mission Hospital Laguna Beach as a behavioral health and chemical dependency counselor
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Mission Hospital Laguna Beach
- Associate Mental Health and Wellness Clinician at Mission Hospital
- Behavioral Health Social Work Intern at Mission Hospital Laguna Beach
- at Pet Partners
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
My objective is to obtain a rewarding position and a long-term opportunity where my work experience and services will be of maximum benefit to my employer and to the clients that I serve. 2013- 2019 Santa Maria Hostel, Inc. Houston, TX Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Recently worked in The Supportive Residential Program called the Women Helping Ourselves- (WHO). Duties are Individual Counseling, Treatment Planning, Group Counseling, Case Management and Referrals in the community. Caseload consists of Harris County Clients that are pregnant and have violated probation and provide reports to probation officer on site at the facility. Accompany Residents to court as needed, assist with setting medical appointments and assist them in contacting family members when they arrive to the Program. Anger Resolution Therapist, able to offer our clients Anger Management Certificates upon completion of the Program. In partnership and collaboration with the treatment team provided Notary services for clients as needed. Work closely with the Program Director and the other Staff as a member of the Team ensuring that our Residents receive the services they need.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Santa Maria Hostel, Inc
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Turning Point Inc
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Volunteers of America
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Aids Foundation Houston
6 years at this Job
- Associates of Arts in Health Administration Degree - Health Administration
• Provides individual and group counseling.
• Leads group education classes such as; Chemical Dependency Education, Anger Management, and Life Skills.
• Prepares and maintains clinical records according to policies and procedures of TCADA and the Center.
• Responsible for case management, referrals and service coordination.
• Maintain professional, ethical relationships with staff, clients, and others.
• Conducts assessments and develops treatment plans.
• Develops discharge plans and conducts discharge assessments for clients.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor-Intern at Chemical Dependency Education, Anger Management, and Life Skills
- Substance Abuse Technician at Recovery Center
- Continuum of Care Intern at North Texas Homelesss Coalition
at this Job
- Bachelors of Social Work - Social Work
Directing chemical dependency counselor for a caseload of up to 16 Alaska Native and American Indian clients with active substance use and co-occurring mental health diagnoses.
● Conducts substance use assessments, utilizing client interviews, outside collateral and relevant legal documentation to diagnose substance use disorders and provide clinical treatment recommendations.
● Engages clients in therapeutic individual and group counseling sessions to address substance use disorders and maladaptive behaviors.
● Completes documentation, treatment plans, group/individual DAP progress notes, reviews, discharges and all required paperwork on time to adhere to Medicaid 72-hour documentation standards.
● Provides case management and care coordination for clients as needed to connect to necessary community resources.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor II at Southcentral Foundation
- Behavioral Health Technician II at Southcentral Foundation
- REsidential support staff at CHOICES, Inc. & Soteria-Alaska
- Chemical dependency counselor at Volunteers of America
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in sociology - sociology
- Associate of Arts - Alaska Commission for Behavioral Health Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor II
Job Duties: Serves as the case manager and substance abuse counselor for residents/clients of a halfway house. Facilitates Thinking for a Change, Chemical Dependency Education programs, and other pro-social activities. Any other duties as needed.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Community Transition Center
- Laborer at ANCHOR HOCKING GLASS
- Correctional Assistant at Community Transition Center
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Substance Abuse Counseling
In my working with ABHS I have gained the experience and knowledge in Counselor offenders with chemical dependency addiction. Assessments 1x1 session DSAM Monthly reports ASAM criteria Discharge treatment plans Group session Education material on drug addiction. IOP treatment Discharge completion treatment paper work Learning signs and symptoms in addiction Behavirol patters in clients
- Chemical dependency counselor at American Behaviroal Health System
- Case Manager at America Behavioral Health
- Social Worker at Chehalis tribal Reservation
- Social Worker at Children & Family Services, Office of
3 months at this Job
- Master's - Social work
- Bachelors Degree - Criminal Justice
- - Chemical Dependency Training
- Master's - Social work
I have five years experience working in residential treatment, and I’ve been a licensed chemical dependency counselor for four years. I have experience working in therapeutic community models, criminal justice agencies, private pay facilities, as well as outpatient clinics.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Kemah Palms Recovery
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Adapt Programs
- Scaffold builder at northwinds abatement
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern at Bay Area recovery
2 years, 1 month at this Job
As a Chemical Dependency Counselor on the Inpatient Unit at CARC, I was assigned up to 20 clients weekly as the Primary Clinician Coordinator (PCC). My daily duties included assessments, treatment planning and discharge planning. I facilitated a therapy group weekly, a big book study and classes on relapse prevention and other recovery related topics as needed. I completed authorizations for care with MCO's (Managed Care Organizations), maintained client files on our AVATAR system and completed daily documentation.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor II at Centerstone Addiction Recovery Center
- Senior Case Manager; Centerstone, KY at Center One South
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Volunteers of America KY. Inc
- Statistical Clerk at United States Census Bureau
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work - Social Work
- Associate of Applied Sciences in Human Services - Applied Sciences
I am responsible and accountable for providing substance abuse counseling and chemical dependency education to all age groups and populations mostly to veterans, first responders, incarcerated, and civilian men and women (insured and self pay) clients. I work with a treatment team helping clients reduce the effects of trauma and addiction with trauma informed care, CBT, DBT and MBRP. I guide clients in addiction education, trauma informed care, relapse prevention, and skills development.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Refuge Trauma and Counseling Center
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Better Path Family Cousneling
- Uber and Lyft Driver at Uber Partner Drivers
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor at Memorial Hermann Prevention and Recovery Center
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Behavioral Science
- Associates in Applied Science - Human Services/Behavioral Science