My duties as a Chemical Dependency Counselor reflected as group and individual counseling sessions, Developing care plans for clients, conducting drug screening, educating clients about the effects of alcohol and other drugs, developing schedules for clients, and providing health care appointment scheduling.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at The Counseling Center
- Bartender at The Royal Lounge
- Clerk/Cashier at Collins Country Market
- Clerk/Cashier at Ron's IGA
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High school - Advanced/ Honors General Classes
• Chemical Dependency Counselor (per diem), The Turning Point, Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital, Westchester Medical Center (Poughkeepsie): Case Management, Lectures, Groups, Vocational support, Recreation. QHP status.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor (per diem) at The Turning Point, Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital, Westchester Medical Center
- Mentor at NYU Center, NYC and human services sites in Putnam country NY
- Author and Public Relations specialist at NYU School of Continuing Education, Office of Public Affairs & Student Services; while pursuing career as freelance writer
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- MA - Health Studies
- BA - American Studies
As a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor- Intern I was responsible for the safety and welfare of each patient while they were in treatment. I conducted individual based sessions breaking down problems and offering positive resolutions to issues that patients were undergoing. I conducted group therapy sessions oriented around the development of skills associated with recovery from drug and alcohol abuse. I orchestrated and directed non-violent crisis interventions to clients when in distress and assisted them with clarity and understanding of general expectations and needs. I assisted in offering clinical advice and therapy to families in hopes to reconcile matters with their loved ones. I was responsible for maintaining a healthy and consistent caseload including documentation, filing, and organization of a daily work flow. I offered overall satisfaction of treatment to clients in an effort to help re-establish their lives in positive and encouraging ways with full optimism and support.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern at LCDC-I
- Patient Care Aide at Valley Hope of Grapevine
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Substance Abuse Counseling
Runs individual, family, and group counseling for patients in chemical dependency programs. Acts as mediator between patients, relatives, medical staff, and outside agencies if needed. Tracks patient progress and dispensation of treatment services. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at First Step Recovery Center
- Operations Director at CCA
- customer service at Infocision Inc
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
Auburn, NY October 2011-May 2012
Senior Chemical Dependency Counselor, Grace House Supportive Living Facility
• Provided support for recovering alcoholics and addicts transitioning from community residences.
• Managed a caseload of up to 19 residents; communicating with DSS, DHS, parole, probation and treatment courts from various counties, as well as volunteer sites and community agencies in the Auburn area.
• Created personalized treatment plans and aided clients in achieving objectives which will prepare them for discharge.
• Engaged in and documented 1:1 counseling sessions and maintain charts according to OASAS regulations.
• Screened potential clients and performed intake, admission and discharge processes.
- Senior Chemical Dependency Counselor, Grace House Supportive Living Facility at Unity House of Cayuga County, Inc
- Senior Psychiatric Technician, Child and Adolescent Inpatient Services at University of Rochester Medical Center
- Forensic Psychologist at Dr. Santo Bentivegna
- Nanny at Dr. David & Rev. Dahn Gandell
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
* Managed client caseloads up to 25 clients, and provided individual, group, and family sessions. * Provided diagnostic assessments under clinical supervision and met productivity and quality requirements set by the Agency. Complied with all new and current policies and procedures of Fully Circle to Completion Rehabilitation Centre. * Provided for and obtained the following therapeutic services as determined by the Treatment Team and specified in the client's Individual Treatment Plan: individual counseling, family counseling, group counseling, community activities, Facility visits, vocational training, and follow-up care. * Worked with administrative/team managers in order to improve the quality of services through on-going studies of existing services, and needs assessment for improvement and revisions. * Directed knowledge of substance abuse, corrected documentation procedures by using EHR(Electronic Health Records), and current therapeutic methods. * Advocated to courts, probation and other legal agencies. Women's Recovery Center, Xenia, OH Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant/Residential Treatment Specialist * Led group chemical dependency counseling sessions. * Trained and supported clients in skills of independent and responsible living. * Provided treatment for alcohol and substance abusers and their families. * Ensured a high-quality customer service by directing clients to appropriate location in facility. The Hope Spot, Xenia and Families of Addicts in Dayton, OH Volunteer * Opened and close facility for meetings and assisted individuals in obtaining information about safe/sober living environments and performed community outreach. * Provided information to individuals about 12 step programs.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor/Case Manager at Full Circle
10 months at this Job
- General Equivalency Degree - Mental Health Technology
Assessment Counselor/Individual and family counseling/case management
• Group Facilitator: educational, therapeutic
• Family Counseling
• Follow clients rights of Confidentiality and release of information
• Proficient and precise documentation
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Thrive Counseling
- Outpatient Therapist at Discovery House
- Outpatient Counselor at Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Niles
- Eligibility Referral Specialist II at Trumbull County Job and Family Services
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Social Work
• Managing a case load within The Addiction Crisis Center for Addiction counseling and Mental Health referrals for after care.
• Given responsibilities such as conducting Assessments, Bio/psycho/socials, and Comprehensive treatment plans, Referrals, Discharge Planning, and Data entry. * Facilitate evidence based educational group counseling (i.e. CBT, REBT, Co Dependency, and Relapse Prevention). * Conduct individual therapy sessions. * Collaborate with various legal supervision agencies (i.e. Probation, Parole, Drug Court, Family Court and etc ).
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Addiction Crisis Center
- Resident Assistant at YWCA Mohawk Valley
- Server/Hostess at Carmella's Café
- Customer Service Representative in Processing at Affiliated Computer Services
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Masters in Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelors - Community and Human Services
- Associates - Psychology, Chemical
Demonstrated evidenced based clinical judgement and confidentiality while collaborating with a multi-faceted team.
• Drafted assessments, progress notes and discharge summaries
• Served as the primary contact for patients as Counselor of the Day
• Worked with diverse populations while providing group sessions
• Explained agency policies and procedures
- Chemical Dependency Counselor Trainee at Evergreen Treatment Services
- Special Projects Coordinator at A+ Services
- Correspondence Analyst at Office of Governor Gary Locke
- at Thurston County
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - English
• Manages caseload of up to 16 clients.
• Meets with clients for individual sessions
• Document client progress according to DHS standards
• Able to complete progress notes, treatment plans, comprehensive assessments and summaries, individual/case management notes, discharge summaries, DAANES
• Works with the harm reduction model
• Facilitates groups daily.
• Provides chemical heath services in correctional setting
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Create, Inc.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor at Restoration Counseling & Community Services
- Addiction Counselor ADC-T at Dakota Treatment Center
- Addiction Counselor Intern at Park Avenue Center
1 month at this Job
- Associates of Science - Addiction Counseling
- - Psychology