• Designed and performed experiments using different chemicals to increase the recovered lithium efficiency by 23%
• Analyzed experimental data to identify the best alternative process to reduce the battery discharge time by 40%
• Developed Standard Operating Procedures(SOP) for operation and maintenance of unit operations
• Researched cost-effective methods to remove copper from nickel electrolyte solution proficiently
- Chemical Engineer Co-op, Battery Resources at Chemical Engineer Co-op, Battery Resources
- Environmental Engineering Intern at AquaChem Enviro Engineers Pvt. Ltd
- Production Engineering Intern at Aarti Industries Ltd
7 months at this Job
- MS in Energy System - Electrochemical Energy Storage
- BE in Chemical Engineering - Energy System Design
Determined feasible alternative wood species for Eastman's Perennial Wood (TM) business. - Provided process support in the Perennial Wood (TM) pilot plant including procedure writing, troubleshooting and technical report writing. - Developed correlations between key performance indicators of the process and wood characteristics. Coordinated the implementation of the alarm management software Plant State Suite in the pilot plant. - Created weekly reports to identify nuisance alarms throughout the pilot plant. - Provided trouble shooting support and directed focused alarm management initiatives. Led processing efforts in the pilot plant to support a research team's project to produce a new chemical for the semiconductor industry. - Coordinated a study to research contamination of the solvent. - Developed a method to purify the solvent and to prevent water absorption. Performed azeotropic distillations to obtain vapor-liquid equilibrium data for process development. Isolated process impurities via extraction, rotary evaporation and distillation for saturated vapor pressure measurements.
- Chemical Engineer at Eastman Chemical Company
- Engineering Intern at FMC Corporation
- Process Improvement Intern at Eastman Chemical Company
- Research Intern at Functional Materials REU, University of Colorado
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
promoted to Staff Chemical Engineer in 2017 Heterogeneous catalyst and process development: -Utilized and constructed high-throughput-experimentation infrastructure to identify and optimize catalyst formulations for numerous industrial processes with the goal of adding value and efficiency to our carbon economy v Conceptualized, designed and championed next generation oxidative reactor system, which exceeded company milestone -Performed technoeconomic analyses to identify novel processes and potential inefficiencies and consequent growth areas within the existing petrochemical cascade. -Became company-wide Safety Committee member, 2017 and lead the process safety management program in our San Francisco R&D location.
- Staff Chemical Engineer at Siluria Technologies
- Graduate Student Researcher at University of California
- Undergraduate Student Researcher at Princeton University
4 years at this Job
- Ph. D. - Chemistry
- B. A. - Chemistry
Lead engineer and chemical engineer involved in all engineering related aspects for Reward Minerals Ltd, a potash explorer currently working towards the design and
production of their first SOP Potash Mine at Lake Disappointment in Western Australia.
Summary of Responsibilities & Achievements
• Process development and assessment of viable process options
• Producing Mass balances for in-house process evaluation and for contractors to produce costing studies. This has been produced in Microsoft Excel (using my own VBA coding) as well as SysCAD simulation software
• Interpretation of laboratory test work
• Design and management of piloting equipment to test process concepts
• OPEX and CAPEX development and assessment
• Management and co-ordination of engineering contractors producing studies for Reward Minerals. This includes; small scoping studies, plant wide Pre-feasibility study and concept studies
• Evaluation of contractor produced studies with regards to process and all other engineering aspects of the study
• Research and development into new concepts and process methods for the extraction and production of potash to improve process efficiency and returns
- Lead & Chemical Engineer at Reward Minerals Ltd
- Process Engineer at Fluor Australia Pty Ltd
- Process Engineer at Fluor Australia Pty Ltd
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.Eng - Chemical
- First Class Honours - Design
• Led Siluria ETL (ethylene to liquid fuels) catalyst development, including bench scale formulation and tests, forming and internal scale up and transfer to vendors for commercial scale catalyst production.
• Demonstrated that the catalysts we developed have much improved target product yield, long lifetime, good cyclability and excellent mechanical performance as well.
• Coordinated with other teams for catalyst scaling and testing in pilot scale.
• Worked closely with vendors for technical transfer of our ETL catalyst to commercial scale.
• Led Siluria material development project for OCM product separation with focuses on MOF and zeolite materials.
• Supervised Ph.D. chemical engineer and technicians.
- Principle Chemical Engineer at Siluria Technologies
- at Siluria Technologies
- Senior Chemical Engineer at Siluria Technologies
- Senior Scientist / Project Manager at GRT, Inc
3 years at this Job
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
- M.S. in Physical Chemistry - Physical Chemistry
- B.S. in Chemistry - Chemistry
Chemical Engineer/Subject Matter Expert, WMD intelligence analyst, and on-site Lead. Duties includes managing team leads, direct reports, as well as interfacing between our government oversite and the CACI program manager. Additional responsibilities include responding to various technical questions and concerns, addressing personnel questions and issues, as well as providing in-depth analysis to a variety of decision and policy makers, all while supporting the US defense and intelligence communities.
- Chemical Engineer - SME / On-Site Team Lead at CACI
- Chemical Engineer - SME / Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Chemical Engineer - SME / Lead WMD Weapons Effects Analyst at Engility
- Research Assistant at NC A&T State University
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
August 2015 - present UT Honors Process Controls Consulting with Eastman Chemical to optimize an existing process Dyersburg, TN Hexpol Compounding Co-op; June 2013 - May 2014 Tested incoming raw materials, performed quality checks on new products, assisted in the development of new recipes RELEVANT CLASSWORK Material and energy balances General chemistry I & II Engineering Science Fundamentals of molecular bioengineering Analytical chemistry Fluid flow and heat transfer Organic chemistry Chemical reactor fundamentals Advanced analytical chemistry Mass transfer and separation processes Process dynamics and control Equipment design and economic methods Application of chemical engineering thermodynamics Application of statistical and numerical techniques
- Chemical Engineer at Hankook Tires
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemical Engineering
● Led a team of chemical engineering students in my senior course to design a CO2 supply system for a 4000-acre algae farm and submitted proposal to the supervisors at the end of each quarter
● Worked with the company consultant to minimize the energy waste and achieve the desired algae production rate within company budget demands
● Designed high-pressure pipes and vessels with ASME code and conducted DOW F&E, HAZOP analyses for hazard mitigation
● Designed and modeled the piping, depressurization and vaporization process using Aspen Plus
● Estimated costs of installation, material and operation and optimized the long-term (30 years) profitability of the plant
● Generated and read BFD, PFD and P&ID diagrams
● Communicated between supervisors and team members by writing technical memos, emails, and meeting updates, and performed video and poster presentations to supervisors
- Chemical Engineer at Global Algae Innovations, Inc (unpaid)
- Chemical Engineer at University of California, San Diego (Chemical Engineering Process Lab)
- Chemical Engineer at University of California, San Diego
- Propulsion Engineer, Hydrogen Fuel Cell Team at University of California, San Diego (AIChE ChemE Car Program)
5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering
Lead Process Engineer at Salem Harbor Station in Boston
o Construction, startup and commissioning
o Responsible for water chemistry for entire plant
o Sample panel commissioning
o Commissioning of all chemical systems and analyzers
o Instrumentation troubleshooting
o Isometric walkdowns and pipe support evaluation
o Construction packages and support
o RFI evaluation and response
o Relief valve, control valve, and PRV troubleshooting and repair
o Pump sizing and NPSH calculations
• Design of natural gas burner replacement for co-firing coal units o NFPA 85 venting calculations and requirements
• Design and procurement of: o Water/Wastewater Treatment Equipment, reverse osmosis and ultrafiltration o Sample analysis panel for combined cycle HRSG o Chemical feed systems
• Piping design experience with P&IDs, isometrics, and SmartPlant
• Creating overall plant water mass balances and process flow diagrams, water chemistry
• Contract negotiation and management, writing specifications for equipment procurement
• Assisting senior design engineers in creation of proposals for major utilities
• Estimating scope, schedule, and budget for plant capital and maintenance projects
• Design experience with ASME B31.1
- Assistant Chemical Engineer at Burns & McDonnell
- Research Assistant at Chemical and Biological Engineering Department
- Leidos - Engineering Intern at Energy Consulting
2 years, 5 months at this Job
Responsible for compiling and analyzing test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency and to diagnose malfunctions. Work very closely with chemical sales and management teams to provide proactive, daily support to Production and Quality control departments in respect to optimum, efficient and safe operation of chemical processes in the plant. Provide input and advice as required for all chemical process start-ups. Provide process and laboratory training for new employees. Responsible for testing and analysis of all finish coatings used within the corporation.
● Developed and implemented quality control process and standards for all aluminized marine products sold by Emerson worldwide.
● Developed a sequenced corrosion test that is used throughout the corporation to determine coating life on compressors.
● Launched new paint process at Rushville, IN plant that has improved the finish protection of the compressor and generated new sales (50,000 units per year).
● Designed and implemented new laboratory procedures for the Materials Engineering department.
- Chemical Engineer at Emerson Climate Technologies, Materials Engineering Laboratory
21 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Advanced Technology
- Associates of Science - Laboratory Biology