• Handle different chemical samples and analytical instruments daily to perform various tests for record on site; 12hr shifts
• Perform daily duties, such as, measurements, dilutions, distillations, and different techniques specific to the work site
• Operate different analytical instruments that test the products sampled
• Monitor various chemical levels in the process waters of the plant and the water that was out sourced into a pond in the area
• Individually run and operate the specified lab and conduct daily duties and critical upkeep of lab, materials and machines
• Display proper PPE in the work place, as well as, daily PPE operation checks and evaluations of continued production
- Chemical Lab Technician at SI Group Inc.
- Remote Field Worker/ Intern at Department of Energy- SRS
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree - Biology
- Associate Degree
My primary responsibilities are testing samples from the chemical baths on the plating machines to ensure they have the correct composition and make adjustments if necessary. I also treat chemical waste and waste water to ensure they are safe to send back to the city and assist the lab manager run experiments to improve our process. When hiring new technicians, I teach them our analysis procedures and their general duties. Additionally, I keep track of chemical inventory and make purchase orders as needed, and make PPAP paperwork for some of the parts we plate.
- Chemical Lab Technician at Cadillac Plating Corporation
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at Eastern Michigan University
- Archery Instructor at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam, I
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science degree - General Chemistry
Performed chemical analyses of process baths, documented lab results and issued add slips to production personnel to optimize chemical makeup of baths. Made up chemical reagents for lab use.
• Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
• Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative or quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, or gaseous materials.
• Develop new chemical engineering processes or production techniques.
• Maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
• Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
• Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes, following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
• Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams and by conducting laboratory or plant safety audits.
• Train new employees on topics such as the proper operation of laboratory equipment.
- Chemical Lab Technician II at TTM Technologies Inc
- Electronics Test Engineer at Defense Electronic Systems Inc
23 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Associate Degree - Electronics Technology
• Install, operate and maintain analytical laboratory equipment used to identify chemical tracers
• Work independently to complete routine analytical activities. Provide interpretation of results
• Regularly handle extremely toxic high pressure gases and cryogenic materials for analysis
• Assist technicians with troubleshooting equipment including software and hardware issues
• Apply expertise to identify and evaluate technical solutions to customer issues
• Provide creative and effective resolutions regarding products and analysis issues
• Implement Lean Six Sigma initiatives regarding Quality Lab layout and operations
- Chemical Lab technician at Praxair, Inc
- Senior Engineering technician at PDS IG Equipment
- Senior Engineering technician at Leeson Electric Corporation
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associates Degree of Applied Science - Electrical Engineering Technology
• Analyze chemical bath samples to ensure optimal ranges
• Conduct routine chemical bath changes
• Ensure lab chemical inventory is serviceable
• Respond to any chemical issues in the Plating area
- Chemical Lab Technician at TTM Technologies
- Packer at Belmont Confections
- Substitute Teacher at Valley Christian School
- Forensic Science Intern at Mahoning County Coroner's Office
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science - Forensic Science
- Associate in Applied Science - Bioenvironmental Engineering Technology
Maintenance of plating and preparatory solutions. Analysis and recording of chemical solutions.
- Chemical Lab Technician at Tulsa Metal Finishing
- Machine Operator at Coveris High Performance Packaging
- Assembler at Viking Packing Specialist
- Chemical operator at Advance Research Chemicals
9 months at this Job
- AA - Art
- AS - Biology
75149 - Test chemicals for different chemical plants - Executive Office Assistant - Product stocking - Quality Control - Product Filing - Inventory - Guest Services
- Chemical Lab Technician at Fritz Industries
- Customer Service Representative Lead at Traver Connect
- Lab Technician at Fritz Industries
- Tile Contractor at Expanko Inc
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Applied Science - Communication and Business Marketing
- High School Diploma
- Routine and high-end testing of products, materials and additives to trace levels - Measure unknowns, conduct trace-level chemical analysis, identify quality problems and root-cause quality issues, screen raw materials, characterize trace impurities, and contamination
- Chemical Lab Technician at Reliable Analysis Inc
- Assistant Teacher at The Goddard School
- Crafthouse Specialist (East Camp) at American Youth Foundation-Camp Miniwanca
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at University of Louisiana Biology Department
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
· Performed additions of concentrated acids and strong caustics to process tanks. · Assisted with chemical analysis of component concentrations of metal finishing baths to determine the required additions necessary to keep concentrations within control limits. Analytical methods include titrations and pH measurements. ·Troubleshot production bath problems.
- Chemical Lab Technician at Surtronics, Inc
- Manager at United Skates of America
- Manager at Galaxy Fun Park
- Ride Attendant at Frankie's Fun Park
2 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Biopharmaceutical Technologies
• Responsible for quality testing of production samples and incoming raw materials for production operations
• Oversaw equipment maintenance and calibration protocol for the liquids blending plant
• Have been cross-trained in the testing of powdered and liquid drilling fluid viscosity modifiers and additives
• Active contributor to ongoing research and development projects, as well as training new lab technicians
- Oilfield Chemical Lab Technician at Chemjet International Inc
- Inventory Associate; Overnight Keyholder at Best Buy
- Inventory Associate at Best Buy
- Merchandiser at Pepsi Bottling Group
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Forensic Chemistry - Forensic Chemistry