Chief Compliance Officer, Secretary, and member of the Senior Operating Committee, for The Mutual
Fund Store, a nationwide system of registered investment advisers which included more than 15 SEC
RIAs that were company-owned and -operated, and more than 40 SEC or state franchise-owned and -
operated RIAs, all that conducted business as The Mutual Fund Store. The Mutual Fund Store was
purchased by Financial Engines, Inc., in February 2016. Subsequently, I led and completed a roll-up of those RIAs, into one RIA named Financial Engines Advisor Center, LLC, which managed more than $10
billion for 38,000+ clients, as of November 2016.
As Secretary of TMFS, I was responsible for board meeting minutes, organizational documents,
resolutions, and necessary filings with each Secretary of State's office. The CCO responsibilities
included both regulatory compliance and risk management. Significant responsibilities noted below:
• Management of Compliance team members
• Annual reviews required by Rule 206(4)-7 of the Investment Advisers Act
• Directed and guided the CCOs in the 40+ franchise RIAs
• Disclosures and updates to the Form ADVs, including Parts I, 2A, and 2B
• Regulatory filings with SEC - 13f and 13h - and via IARD for Forms ADV, U-4, and U-5
• Directed annual and on-site inspection programs for 100+ offices
• Led and managed Company's Code of Ethics program
• Advertising reviews, e.g., radio, internet pop-ups, Google, sales literature
• Customer complaint management, including client and regulatory responses
• Records management and retention, including proxy tracking and voting Risk Management
• Management of the Company's insurance protection, including E&O, D&O, EPL, P&C, and Workers Compensation coverage
• Oversight of the trading functions at an affiliated sub-adviser
• Management of the annual Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) update and filings with the FTC and applicable state regulators
• Directed the physical inspections and the annual reviews of franchise RIA operations, financials, tax filings, and organizational records to confirm compliance with the FDD
- Chief Compliance Officer at The Mutual Fund Store
- Director, Regulatory Compliance at American Century Investments
- Supervisor of Examiners at FINRA
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.A. - Business Administration
New York, NY April 2015 - Present
(SEC registered carrying broker-dealer (B/D), providing comprehensive employee plan administration
services to listed and non-listed corporate clients for their equity-based compensation plans, subsidiary of Switzerland based Equatex AG).
Chief Compliance Officer
• Oversee the entire U.S. risk & compliance program.
• Led the FINRA New Membership Application and Continuous Membership Application processes for the carrying B/D.
• Organized the compliance department and customized written supervisory procedures and internal controls.
• Assisted the CEO in the establishment of the new B/D, ensuring a smooth implementation of systems and processes as well as, transferring of assets from UBS NY to the new entity.
• Supervise registered representatives in the US and Europe.
• Lead the corporate governance of the firm and liaise with consultants and external legal counselors, both domestically and internationally.
• Implemented a fully electronic archiving of Books & Records, pursuant to SAE 17a-3 & 17a-4.
• Collaborate with FinOp for the FOCUS and SEC 17-h filings.
• Coordinate with external auditors for the completion and SEC filing of the annual audited financial statements and internal controls.
• Led 3 consecutive FINRA exams.
• FATCA Responsible Officer (RO) for the group.
- Chief Compliance Officer at EQUATEX US INC
- Member of Solo Capital Partners at TELESTO FINANCIAL MARKETS LLC
- Chief Compliance Officer (position based in Jersey City, NJ) at CITCO SECURITIES INC
- Chief Executive Officer at ALPHA FINANCE U.S. CORPORATION, INC
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- MS Economics - Economics
- M.S. - International Finance through a combined
- BS - Economics
Morganville, New Jersey 2011- Present Providing cost effective advice and collaborating with financial organizations as outsourced Chief Compliance Officer or Financial Operations, advising organizations insight relating to firm registrations, written supervisory procedures, annual compliance meeting presentations, web site review guidance for regulatory requirements, Anti-Money Laundering Audits and Annual Compliance Inspections. State Registrations, Web CRD, Mock Compliance Examinations, Private Placements and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Chief Compliance Officer or Financial Operations at Spotlight Compliance Solutions
- Branch Manager-Compliance Officer at Trillium Trading, LLC
- Managing Director at Electronic Specialist, LLC
- Senior Compliance Examiner at NASD
8 years at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration / Accounting
Troy, MI A boutique wealth management firm, which also provides financial planning services. Joined firm as their compliance administrator and held that position for two years, before assuming the role of Chief Compliance Officer in 2016. CCO: Create, update, test, and train employees on policies and procedures which comply with SEC regulations; conduct annual reviews; manage annual custody audit; monitor email and social media accounts; conduct client account reviews; maintain required books and records; review and approve advertising requests, prepare ADV updates and other regulatory filings; work with outside compliance consultants, vendors and legal counsel; create and manage compliance budget; engage in ongoing training to maintain IACCP® certification.
- Chief Compliance Officer since 2016 at MKD Wealth Coaches, LLC
- Owner/Managing Attorney at Your Legal Resource, PLLC
- Business Development Director at Special Counsel
- Attorney/President at Lori T. Williams, PC
5 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Arts
2003 to December 31, 2017 Experienced litigation attorney and the firm's Chief Compliance Officer responsible for management and oversight of firm's compliance with all federal and state laws, specifically including the FDCPA, FCRA, SCRA, TCPA, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, the Bankruptcy Code and other consumer protection statutes; drafted and revised firm's policies and procedures to avoid potential claims; revised form correspondence and pleadings; responsible for defense of any claims asserted against the firm; responded to complaints submitted to the CFPB and other regulatory agencies; chaired Compliance Committee meetings reviewing internal audit results and proactive efforts; litigation practice focused on pursuing creditors' claims and defending consumer actions; attorney solely responsible for commercial litigation, bankruptcy and creditors' rights caseload, from initial client communications and case assessment through pleadings, discovery and trial or other resolution; significant experience representing construction supply companies and contractors in payment disputes, filing and enforcement of mechanics' liens; represent banks in enforcing promissory notes, seeking collection and foreclosing mortgages; represent creditors in defense of bankruptcy adversary proceedings seeking to recover preferential transfers.
- Partner and Chief Compliance Officer at Lloyd & McDaniel, PLC
- Partner in single-client multi-state collections firm at Taylor Law, PLLC
- Project Manager at Edison Schools, Inc
- Litigation Attorney at Baker & Daniels
14 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - History
• Assists with the marketing of bond and note issues, which includes the preparation of Official Statements, a comprehensive review of compliance with SEC Rule 15c2-12, financial Due Diligence review, application for CUSIPs, finalization of bid proposals and delivery of proceeds.
• Conducts Sales of Bonds and Notes.
• Assists clients with cash flow financings, bond refundings, energy performance contracts, sewer exclusions, and the issuance of bonds through the Dormitory Authority.
• Assists the Continuing Disclosure Department which provides the dissemination of necessary documents on behalf of the firm's clients in order to satisfy the requirements implemented by the Securities and Exchange Commission Rule 15c2-12 in relation to Continuing Secondary Market Disclosure Filings.
• Attends meetings and discusses all facets of developing financing plans and municipal debt issuance.
• Coordinates and attends meetings with Rating Agencies, along with preparing presentation materials. CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER:
• Maintains and reviews policies and procedures reasonably designed to ensure the firm’s compliance with applicable FINRA rules, MSRB rules and federal securities laws and regulations.
• Develops, reviews, tests and modifies the company's written compliance policies and procedures and incorporates updates as new rules are implemented.
• Develops tracking mechanisms and Produces reports to provide the company a review of its compliance processes and supervisory procedures in order to assess their effectiveness in meeting regulatory requirements of the SEC and MSRB, and to identify any deficiencies and/or future improvements that could be made to enhance its compliance processes.
• Maintains Books and Records to ensure proper documentation is keep in accordance with applicable regulatory rules.
• Provides guidance on potential areas of compliance risk and general compliance matters.
• Reviews and approves Marketing and Advertising materials to meet regulatory requirements.
• Develops and maintains the firm’s Continuing Education Program to ensure municipal advisors are well-versed in the industry's regulatory rules and regulations, and are at the forefront of providing innovative and creative financing scenarios and options for clients.
• Leads internal training sessions on applicable regulatory rules and regulations and fiduciary duty owed to municipal clients.
• Conducts training in the firm’s Written Supervisory Procedures Manual.
• Provide service as a Subject Matter Expert for Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board’s eLearning initiative.
• Proficient with the SEC EDGAR, MSRB, and EMMA websites.
• Reviews and approves client contracts.
- Client Administrator & Chief Compliance Officer at Fiscal Advisors & Marketing, Inc.
- Food Service Associate at Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes
- Unpaid Internship at Syracuse Symphony Orchestra
- Customer Service Associate & Cashier at Fayetteville Dry Cleaners
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics. Minors: Business Administration, Mathematics
- High school
Provided administrative support to Chief Compliance Officer, Operational Risk Manager and Team
• Coordinated internal/external meetings; managed calendar to ensure appropriate meeting/conference scheduling
• Performed general administrative support, including incoming and outgoing mail, incoming and outgoing e-mails; prepared correspondence, compliance certifications, registration renewals, expense reports, materials for team meetings, client presentations and other documents; maintained filing system
• Handled registration to offsite conferences, coordinated domestic travel arrangements, and generated detailed itineraries
• Worked extensively with the Code of Ethics team to ensure compliance throughout the firm
• Assisted with scheduling of compliance training sessions
• Maintained working knowledge of relevant Wellington policies and procedures
• Performed other administrative duties or projects as assigned
- Administrative Assistant to Chief Compliance Officer at WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLP
- Legal Assistant to Senior Partner/Co-Chair of Corporate Group at ECKERT SEAMANS CHERIN & MELLOTT, LLC
- Legal Secretary, Corporate Department at PEABODY & ARNOLD LLP
- Legal Secretary, Bankruptcy at WIDETT, SLATER & GOLDMAN
2 years at this Job
- - Economics
- AAS - General Studies
Effectively serve as the only Chief Compliance Officer of Sentinel Offender Services generating an average of $90K
to $120K in monthly revenue
• Ensure up to 450 clients are abiding by the rules and regulations that were court ordered for each client
• Provide effective management oversight of 9-employees, ensuring position responsibilities are being performed in accordance with company standards, policies, and procedures
• Serve as liaison for Sentinel Offender Services and the Home Incarceration Program working hand-in-hand with Greenville county Detention Center
• Case manage 50 to 70 clients; audit all case files to ensure proper documentation has been collected and filed
• Serve as Branch Manager in the absence of the Branch Manager
• Prepare court documentation such as: Status Reports, Terminations, Interview Reports, Non-Compliance Reports, Completions, Victim Zones, and Absconds for all clients
• Monitor all schedules over 10 hours for every client and determine if they need the extensive schedule
• Developed and implemented an Excel spreadsheet to update all lost equipment for this office along with a spreadsheet for tracking all outstanding closed cases
• Certified to administer drug testing through US Diagnostics
• Instrumental in collecting over $13K in outstanding fees for 2017
• Attend and complete company-sponsored Leadership/Management training on a continuous basis
- Chief Compliance Officer at SENTINEL OFFENDER SERVICES, LLC
- Branch Manager/Case Manager at Harrison County Sheriff's Dept
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
- Associate in Liberal Arts - included
• Responsible for the management and execution of the compliance management system in concert with the Chief Compliance Officer.
• Developed and created a robust and extensive compliance management system for the entire company, which established the 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
• Building out and implementing compliance monitoring processes, which reduces residual risk by 98%.
• Creating and developing a complete regulatory compliance policy program to aid in creating 1st line of defense system and procedural controls.
• Complete oversight for the state examination processes including remediation efforts, while ensuring elimination of repeat findings.
• Oversight of regulatory testing while reducing regulatory risk by 55%
• Oversight of licensing function for the entire company
• Providing daily guidance on compliance related matters both proactively as well as when emergent situations arise.
• Developed and created an Compliance audit program for consumer financial protection laws including, but not limited to: BSA/AML, Reg Z/TRID, Reg B, ECOA/Fair Lending, UDAAP, RESPA, FDCPA, FCRA, FTC, GLB, TCPA
- Assistant Chief Compliance Officer & Director at Gateway Mortgage Group, LLC
- Director of Regulatory Compliance at Gateway Mortgage Group, LLC
- Compliance Operations Manager at Supreme Lending
- Compliance Manager at Weststar Mortgage Corporation
3 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science degree - Human Resources Management
Highlands Ranch, CO
Chief Compliance Officer-Registered Principal
• Overall completion of all supervisory processes and the effective management of all escalations.
• Ensured supervisory oversight was discharged by the branch office managers as stated in the compliance manual and written supervisory procedures.
• Day-to-day contact with financial advisors providing answers to their questions or guiding them to the applicable associate.
• Utilizing surveillance systems to conduct various activity and account-based reviews.
• Timely review of surveillance items and suitability determinations for all alternative investments, private equity, mutual fund replacements, variable annuity purchases, equity-indexed annuities, variable universal life insurance and 1035 exchange/replacements, and other products, services and activities conducted by persons under my direct supervision.
• Approved branch office manager responses to surveillance by reviewing client information, account activity, documentation and client disclosure letters.
• Ensured the branch office managers and internal auditors were assisted with noting, responding and correcting branch office audit deficiencies.
• Ensured that the business transacted by the branch office managers was being appropriately supervised through the daily review and approval of electronic trade blotters, and electronically certifying branch office managers' client account forms.
• Ensured that a daily supervisory review of the branch office managers' incoming and outgoing email activity is adequately conducted and that the branch office managers are appropriately reviewing the email activity of the persons he/she supervises on a timely basis.
• Ensured that initial practice management visits were being performed for all new financial advisors in new branch offices to help the financial advisors set up their offices, provide them with a general overview of branch office requirements, and conduct the initial training for the various systems the financial advisor will be using.
• Ensured that the distribution, timely collection and proper completion of checklists that the branch office managers were required to complete on an annual basis were done (the checklists required the branch office managers to make an annual visit to each branch office he/she supervises and document his/her supervisory review).
• Ensured that letters and phone calls to clients regarding the activity in their accounts are completed and appropriately documented.
• Ensured that the review of branch office managers' personal and family-related brokerage accounts is being appropriately conducted.
• Ensuring that the review of branch office managers' personal and family-related brokerage accounts is being appropriately conducted
• Ensuring that the review of discretionary account client statements and P&Ls is done appropriately. Key Achievements
• Successfully navigated a smooth transition to new firm ownership in April 2016.
• Implemented and rolled out a new technology platform designed to ensure compliance with Department of Labor regulations as of June 9, 2017.
• Negotiated contract between Liberty Partners and Simplicity Marketing Group, one of the nation's largest insurance marketing organizations, opening a new revenue stream for the firm and ensuring profitability.
• While conducting the responsibilities of CCO and Registered Principal, also produced $200K in GDC through Retirement Income Planning and the sale of investment products.
- Chief Compliance Officer-Registered Principal at Liberty Partners Capital Management, LLC / Liberty Partners Financial Services, LLC
- CEO/President/Branch Manager/Principal at Pineman Capital, Inc /Liberty Partners Financial Services, LLC
- Licensed Insurance Sales Agent at Select Quote Senior
- Tax Preparation Specialist at Pulliam & Patel Financial Services
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology