Nasdaq: "PMBC"), Costa Mesa, CA Lead, direct, and manage a subsidiary as President and adeptly deal with all enterprise-wide lending, credit, capital deployment, and risk functions. Subsidiary President, EVP, Chief Credit Officer & Chief Risk Officer (2016 to Present) Render expertise as Chairman of the committee disbursing $1.4B in capital to 2,000, business, high net worth and consumer clients in Commercial, C&I, ABL, Commercial Real Estate (CRE) and niche specialty finance loans. Report directly to Board of Directors and CEO and led successful transformation & turnaround at this publicly traded bank. Key Contributions: ♦ Accomplished record-breaking profits and attained "Best Place to Work" status by successfully executing a turnaround and initiating corporate-wide culture changes. ♦ Developed and employed a collaborative and rewarding working environment that valued employees, clients, and shareholders that significantly improved operational efficiency and profitability. ♦ Devised and executed "Actionable Intelligence" data mining risk program and leveraged fintechs, to improve profitability, achieving national best-in-class performance of 0.07% NPLs, a 92% improvement in 2 years.
- Subsidiary President, EVP, Chief Credit Officer & Chief Risk Officer at Pacific Mercantile Bancorp and Bank
- EVP/Chief Collateral Risk Officer at BB&T and Susquehanna Bancshares
- CEO at Sentinel
- Chairman & CEO at Pinnacle Peak Advisors, LLC
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Executive Leadership Program
- MBA degree
- B.S. degree - Organizational Leadership
• Serve as a member of the executive team to develop and ensure execution of the business strategy.
• Ensure that the governance, risk, compliance and control frameworks of the Bank are operating effectively. Proactively work with the outsourced ERM provider to effectively monitor the Bank's overall risk position.
• Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving a strong, forward-compatible risk management culture and control/compliance environment across the Bank.
• Monitor the credit quality and the performance of all credit portfolios; Identify key risks and ensure these are remediated in a timely manner; ensure appropriate stress testing of the loan portfolio; proactively identify emerging risks and develop and implement mitigation actions as appropriate. Serve as the relationship manager for the outsourced loan review provider and the outsourced SBA SOP reviewer.
• Manage all aspect of lending activities and ensure the proper documentation and compliance with credit policies and procedures.
• Oversee regulatory examinations and internal audits. Coordinate response to internal audits and regulatory examinations and ensure corrective actions are taken on a timely basis.
- EVP & Chief Credit Officer at Noah Bank
- SVP & SBA Director at Indus American Bank
- SVP & CLO at New Millennium Bank
- SVP, SBA Loan Note & Credit Administration at Noah Bank
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. in Biochemical Pharmacology - Biochemical Pharmacology
Responsible for developing and managing the overall credit strategy and loan production for a growth oriented community bank. Maintained high quality borrowing strategies and implemented risk-mitigation strategies. Responsibilities include:
• Directly managed four (4) commercial Relationship Managers and two (2) Business Development Officers, along with the organization's credit administration, analysis, and loan operations staff.
• Grew the bank's loan portfolio by 26% since joining the organization.
• Successfully assisted with a $7.2M capital raise in 1Q2018.
• Assisted with efforts to raise additional capital.
• Interfaced directly with federal bank regulators (FDIC & State of Oregon).
• Presented directly to the organization's Board of Directors; chaired Loan Committee. Key Achievements: Assisted with efforts to raise additional capital. Developed a Relationship Manager and Credit Analyst training program to attract and retain talent. Maintained positive working environment after the departure of a key bank executive.
- Chief Credit Officer at WILLAMETTE COMMUNITY BANK
- Receivership Assistance Contractor Team Leader at SOLOMON EDWARDS GROUP
- Chief Credit Officer at WEST VALLEY NATIONAL BANK
- Chief Executive Officer at SPECIAL ASSETS ADVISORS, LLC
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
Senior Risk Officer and former Chief Credit Officer with extensive banking experience to ensure sound risk management practices are in place to support the company's strategic vision and practices while providing credit policy oversight and development, loss mitigation and lending management services. Solutions-focused leader with documented success spearheading key initiatives, supporting risk objectives, and ensuring soundness, profitability and growth through forging dynamic relationships with lines of business, with senior leadership, and throughout several market segments. Talent for transforming business processes, pioneering process improvement, and spearheading change management. Also has exhibited superior sales leadership in many roles. CORE COMPETENCIES Commercial Banking Specialty Credit Policy Risk Analysis Sales Leadership Strategy Design and Implementation Risk Mitigation Reporting Team Development Client Relationships Strategic Planning Team Development Hiring & Training Best Practices Market Expansion Business Development Concentration Matrix Exception Tracking ALLL Methodology Subject Matter Expert PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SVP, Senior Risk Officer, Commercial TIAA Bank Charlotte, NC 7/17 to Present
• Manage the second line of defense for $11 Billion in Commercial loans with four areas of oversight: Commercial Real Estate, Vendor Equipment Finance, Specialty Lender & Finance and Mortgage Warehouse Finance. Rebuilt the Commercial Loan Review team with Subject Matter Experts from each line of business and staffed the business to OCC concurrence. Maintain and enhance board approved risk framework for identifying, assessing, and managing all risk types for the Commercial portfolio. Establish and maintain a process for embedding risk awareness throughout the Company
- Senior Risk Officer and former Chief Credit Officer at Commercial TIAA Bank
- Chief Credit Officer TIAA at CREF Trust Company, FSB
- Senior Vice President and Manager at Commercial Real Estate Citizens Bank
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Oversaw the credit function of lease underwriting and structuring.
• Approved lease contracts up to $150,000.
• Underwrote and prepared presentations for all lease customers with exposure over $250,000.
• Worked closely with sale representatives.
• Corresponded with customers with underwriting questions.
• Managed past due lease contracts, worked collections, and consulted with lawyers.
• Monitored the credit policy and recommended revisions as needed.
• Worked with the accounting department as needed on issues related to lease contracts.
- Chief Credit Officer at Commercial Industrial Finance
- VP Senior Credit Analyst at First National Bank of Waterloo
- Business Lending Credit Manager at Altra FCU
- SVP - Lending Officer at Prosperity Bank
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
* Responsibilities include maintaining changes in the credit policies and procedures for effective implementation. * Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training new employees. Oversees three departments including Credit Analysis, Credit Administration, and Loan Operations, with a total of eight employees, assigns, directs and reviews daily work. * Responsible for reviewing the bank's methodology for calculating reserves and maintaining the ALLL in compliance with FAS 5 and FAS 114. * Responsible for the transition to the Current Credit Loss Standard (CECL); committee Director. * Reviews and sometimes prepares Credit Analysis Reports for new loans, including but not limited to Residential Real Estate loans with an emphasis on Foreign Nationals, Securities Collateralized loans, and Trade Finance Facilities. * Individual Lending Authority up to $500M for residentials loans, $2,000M for Securities Collateralized loans, and $1,000M for Trade deals secured by Private Insurance and $3,000M for Trade deals with EXIM-Bank guarantee. * Responsible for maintaining an adequate loan portfolio classification and allowance for loans and leases to absorb any potential losses associated to the loan portfolio. * Responsible for monitoring loan portfolio concentration as it relates to capital. * Responsible for implementing stress testing of the loan portfolio, including model assumptions and methodology. * Assisted Loan Officers in matters pertaining to renewals and/or structuring new deals, including visiting clients.
- S.V.P. Chief Credit Officer at Brickell Bank
- Senior Vice President/Chief Credit Officer at Eastern National Bank
- Senior Vice President /Chief Credit Officer at Floridian Community Bank
- Vice President / Credit Manager at JGB BANK
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Business - Business Finance
- Bachelor's - Economics
Accountable for credit qualification and monitoring of $900 million loan portfolio across all lending segments for internet
bank with $1.8 billion in assets
• Managed clean loan portfolio consisting primarily of real estate loans, both residential and commercial
• No losses sustained in the commercial real estate loan portfolio throughout tenure
• Responsible for writing policy, procedures, and program guidelines to ensure safety and soundness, as well as compliance with law and regulations
• Integral part of team brought in to the institution to navigate through and beyond Formal Agreement issued by primary regulator
• Re-wrote policy, procedures and program guidelines to promote healthy loan growth in adherence with Board risk appetite as well as regulatory guidance
• Interfaced and communicated directly with the Officer of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) regularly to ensure compliance as well as work through examinations
• Coordinated third party engagements for portfolio stress testing, independent loan review, and legal review
• Provided final review and approval of new credit applications not requiring Loan and Credit Committee approval
• Developed loan portfolio reporting to Board of Directors and various committees
• Oversaw vendor management of third party servicing relationships
- Senior Vice President, Chief Credit Officer at Colorado Federal Savings Bank (affiliate of Provident Funding)
- Correspondent Operations Department Manager at Provident Funding Associates, LP
- Special Projects at Provident Funding Associates, LP
- Broker Direct Department Manager/Regional Branch Lead at Provident Funding Associates, LP
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance and International Business
Developed and implemented in collaboration with the Bank's Board of Directors lending policies to achieve long term business objectives, providing the company with sustainable loan growth, profitability, and assurance of credit quality. Developed productive and valuable business relationships to enhance revenue year over year. Supported and supervised team of loan officers, mortgage lenders and loan support staff. Developed programs to identify and promote new managers from within in order to strengthen the bank's leadership structure.
- President and Chief Credit Officer at Putnam 1st Mercantile Bank
- Staff Accountant at Jones & Sherrod, CPAs
- President at Regions Bank
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administation
- Bachelor of Science - Commerce & Business
Joined the bank to cure credit related deficiencies identified within an OCC formal written agreement.
• Returned all credit related Articles to "in compliance" within one year. Areas addressed included credit policy and underwriting, credit risk assessment, ALLL, and OREO.
• Earned OCC approval of ALLL methodology and modeled Q-factors to be directionally consistent in reserves for loan loss. Cured regulatory MRA and reduced NPAs.
• Directed all credit and bankruptcy-related litigation, problem loan cleanup & recovery and OREO liquidation. Forensic accounting efforts identified borrower fraud.
• Received praise from regulators, auditors, loan review examiners and the Board for improved underwriting, credit administration and lending staff morale.
• To meet regulatory capital demands, bank sold to a non-bank investor.
- Chief Credit Officer, EVP at Canyon Community Bank
- Contract Loan Review at RSM McGladrey
- Credit Administrator, SVP at Nevada State Bank
- Chief Credit Officer, EVP at First Asian Bank
4 years at this Job
- Diploma - library
- Diploma - bank management, economics, and bank performance analysis
- Diploma - Banking
- BS - Business Administration
I was initially brought on to oversee the credit department in the capacity of Credit Manager. This entailed duties which are similar to the last two positions held at Firstbank Florida and BankUnited, and was subsequently appointed to SVP/CCO in December 2017 which also included running the Loan Operations and Special Assets Department. During my four year tenor, I was an important piece in turning around a failing institution with numerous regulatory issues and years of accumulated losses. My team assisted in doubling the size of the loan portfolio. Loans underwritten consisted of CRE, C&I, Corporate and Residential loans. As the CCO, I supervised and implemented a new Credit Policy along with procedures manual. I worked closely with all departments with respect to internal and external audits, process changes, regulatory examinations and loan growth, which were an integral part of making the bank, the healthy profitable institution it is now.
- VP /Credit Manager - SVP/ Chief Credit Officer at International Finance Bank
- VP / Credit Manager at Firstbank Florida
- VP / Credit Manager at BankUnited
- Senior Underwriting Officer at Dresdner Bank Lateinamerika
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Economics - Economics