• Provide administrative support to the Chief Credit Officer, Credit Managers and Credit Analysts
• Write procedures for the Credit Department, post loan packets for Executives to approve, create Executive Committee Minutes, manage confidential information and support needs of various initiatives, work groups and special projects
- Administrative Assistant to the Chief Credit Officer at Equity Bank
- Owner / Designer / Sales (online business) at Twisted Angel LLC
- Accounting Assistant / Revenue Specialist at Genesis Health Clubs
- Accounting Assistant / Membership and Chapter Manager at Society of Decorative Painters
11 months at this Job
Port Angeles, Washington
Executive Vice President - Chief Credit Officer April 2013-Present
• Established a strong, conservative credit culture in an institution that had five CCO's in previous three years
• Part of the Management team that successfully took the company public in January, 2015
• Approved and recommended loan approvals in excess of $15MM growing the portfolio by 85%
• Established an indirect lending line as well as a classic car financing portfolio
• Supervised the 156% and 267% increases in the commercial and construction portfolios while maintaining stellar credit quality/asset quality reviews
- Executive Vice President - Chief Credit Officer at FIRST FEDERAL SAVINGS AND LOAN OF PORT ANGELES
- Vice President - Senior Special Assets Officer at BANK OF NEVADA
- Senior Vice President - Credit Administrator at BANK OF GEORGE
- Executive Vice President - Chief Credit Officer/Chief Lending Officer at SOUTHWESTUSA BANK a Private Bank
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
-Scottsdale, AZ 2009-October 2015
Reported directly to both the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Credit Officer of Marquette Financial
Companies, the holding company for Meridian Bank, a 36 year-old community bank with $350MM in loan
assets at sale to UMB Financial Corporation.
• Retained in August 2009 for a "turnaround" of the bank and exit of a June 2009 Formal Agreement with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
• Exited the Formal Agreement June 2012 through a realignment of credit assets and credit administration while simultaneously growing new loan outstandings and financial products
• Compounded annual growth in loan assets of 38% for three fiscal years ending in 2014, comprised of diversified asset pools of commercial and industrial, commercial real estate and consumer loans
• Leader/key sponsor in development of all commercial and consumer loan products/services
• Superior asset quality metrics, criticized/classified loans of .20% of total loans as of May 2015
• Strong regulator relations and reputation
• Persistent focus on efficiency, quality asset growth and overhead efficiency contributed to 18 consistent months of profitability until the banks sale to UMB Financial in May 2015
• Secured adoption of Meridian Bank NA Underwriting Guidelines by UMB Financial as their corporate loan guidelines in September 2015 Greg Stava [email protected] Professional Experience (continued):
- Chief Executive Officer and Chief Credit Officer of Marquette Financial at Meridian Bank NA
- Executive Vice President-Commercial and Specialty Banking at Bank of Arizona
- Regional Team Leader-Arizona Regional Commercial Banking Office at Wells Fargo Bank
- Professional and Executive Banking, Commercial Lending and Special Assets at Chase Bank of Arizona
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Took early retirement from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency to oversee credit for bank that was under a Formal Agreement with serious asset quality issues. Bank was released from Formal Agreement in 2012. All asset quality metrics improved significantly with past due loans under 1% and classified assets less than 6% of capital. OREO less than 1% of total assets. As Chief Credit Officer, I was responsible for managing credit risk, as well as developing and implementing credit policies and procedures that support strong credit quality and improve risk management. I worked closely with the CEO, lending staff, loan review, and others to help define and implement tactical plans that supported strategic goals and priorities. The position required an experienced professional with strong analytical, financial, and management skills. The position also required me to work collaboratively with the Senior Lending Officer. Other duties included overseeing the analysis of the adequacy of the Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss Reserve and making recommendations to executive management and the Board of Directors for monthly allocations to the Loan Loss Reserve. I also oversaw the bank's credit review department, the appraisal department, and the credit risk function. This included oversight of the concentration of credit risk; which was critical as the bank had significant exposure to commercial real estate lending.
- EVP, Chief Credit Officer at Inter National Bank
- Comptroller of the Currency at National Bank Examiner
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- BBA - Finance
Responsible for Credit Policy, Credit Administration, Loan Administration, Loan Review, and commercial underwriting. Manage a staff of 11 including two team leaders. Chairman of Credit Committee. Drafted the new Credit Policy for the bank. Liaison between the Bank and External Loan Review. Work with outside counsel for loan documentation. Review all title policies, loan documents, and perform all post-closing reviews.
- Chief Credit Officer at Harford Bank
- SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT at PNC WEALTH MANAGEMENT, Greater Washington DC Area
- CHIEF LENDING OFFICER/ACTING CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER at NATIONAL CAPITAL BANK of Washington
- REGIONAL PRESIDENT at MUTUAL OF OMAHA BANK
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics and Political Science
- Juris Doctor
Leads the banks credit administration function and responsible for the underwriting and loan review analysis process for the bank. Responsible for all functions providing
lending decisions, support, direction, credit information, loan policies & procedures and processes to ensure the overall quality of the Bank's lending portfolio meets expectations.
• Manage the Bank's overall loan portfolio to ensure strong credit quality and disciplined credit monitoring.
• Leads Credit and Loan Review Dept to maintain proper credit and operational standards to avoid unnecessary risks and undue exposure.
• Execute loan decision on all loans above $250k and provide credit guidance to staff on complex transactions.
- Chief Credit Officer at Gibsland Bank & Trust
- Market Executive - District Mgr, Branch Distribution at Capital One Bank
- District Manager - Director at JPM Chase Bank
- Branch Manager - First VP at JPM Chase Bank
1 year at this Job
- BBA - Management
Lead all credit-related departments including underwriting, loan workout and credit administration functions. Ensure adherence to policies and procedures of all lending functions and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies. Build and utilize portfolio analytics reports to assess credit risk and help estimate ALLL. Present results to Board monthly. Chair the Credit Committee and serve as an ALCO member. Extensive experience liaising with federal and state regulators and auditors.
• Strengthened credit culture and credit risk management by improving underwriting standards, resulting in a 25% + increase in higher credit quality CRE loans and faster approval and closing times. Loan growth comprises CRE (e.g., multifamily, mixed use, office, retail, industrial, special purpose, etc.), C&I (wide range of industries & purposes), and SBA.
• Improved credit administration practices that led to sound loan policy and compliance, prudent and disciplined underwriting, faster closings, enhanced loan review, and more effective loan workout and portfolio management.
• Authored loan policies and procedures that improved credit quality and met regulatory safety and soundness standards.
• Developed a robust risk rating model and stress testing analytics at the transaction and portfolio levels that improved portfolio management, and which regulators and auditors deemed more accurate at measuring and managing risk.
• Reduced non-performing/underperforming CRE loans by over 20% and consistently maintained acceptable levels.
• Took corrective action and resolved the vast majority of examiner/auditor-defined problems and findings.
- Chief Credit Officer at PROGRESSIVE CREDIT UNION
- Chief Lending Officer at ABACUS FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK
- at ANCONA CONSULTING
- Vice President of Commercial Lending and Business Services at SUFFOLK FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investments
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management
Job duties include, managing/approving the lending & credit process from origination to close. Maintain and revise loan policies, oversee and manage credit underwriting process, coordinate with compliance officer to assure compliance with lending regulations, review all credit analysis, $500,000 approval authority, internal and board loan committee, and provide an atmosphere to create growth. Approve all external appraisals along with internal evaluations. Maintain and manage ALLL reports and funding. Duties also included preparing with recommendations the following reports: Liquidity, Credit and Funding exposure, Maturity Report, Provided Investment portfolio due-diligence, and Interest Rate Risk. Heavily involved with all safety and soundness exams.
- Chief Credit Officer at King Southern Bank
- Chief Risk Officer at River Valley Financial Bank
- at Bluegrass Community Bank
- Managing Member/Organizer and Bank Consulting at Premier Capital Management Group
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance/Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Management
Manage all credit risk activities for the Bank including approval and underwriting functions, policy, statistical analysis and reporting, concentration thresholds, ALLL, CRE appraisal department, and special assets.
• Manage a team that consists of 4 Senior Credit Officers, Credit Administration Lead, SAG Manager, and CRE Support Services Lead.
• Chair of Executive Loan Committee, individual signing authority up to maximum in house limit of $20MM (~4.5% of Bank capital).
• Maintained levels below benchmarks for adverse, OAEM, and substandard loans, as well as gross/net charge offs by making sound credit decisions.
• Interface with internal loan review to ensure compliance with underwriting, documentation, policy, and risk tolerance standards.
• Bank lead for annual Federal Reserve safety and soundness exam, with zero loans being downgraded during last review.
• Directed internal process improvement initiative during 2017. Completely overhauled approval and underwriting job functions, authority levels, and deal routing.
• Led the review process for purchase of ABL portfolio. Helped develop specific credit policy, approval methodology, and monthly oversight parameters.
• Credit integration lead during on-going merger. Liaison for all credit functions; working to efficiently combine culture, procedures, and systems.
- Chief Credit Officer, Executive VP at COBIZ FINANCIAL, INC
- Regional Credit Officer, Senior VP at C&I
- Senior Corporate Banking Officer, Senior VP at WESTERN ALLIANCE BANK
- Middle Market Manager, Senior VP at COMERICA BANK
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), Finance
Responsible for the direction and overall quality of the Bank's loan portfolio. Provide day-to-day oversight and administration of the Bank's loans. Cast the deciding vote (per policy) for the Management Loan Committee. Present and explain the strengths and weaknesses of each loan to the voting members of the Directors' Loan Committee. Create and establish written policies, procedures, and internal loan controls and obtain Board approval when appropriate. Pro-actively direct the credit culture and practices of the Bank for enforcement and oversight of asset quality and all credit policies. Directly responsible for the Credit Administration, Credit Analysis, Appraisal Services, Loan Operations, Collections, and Special Assets Departments. Direct workout activity for the classified loan portfolio (oversee loan workouts, debt restructure and asset recovery efforts). Supervise and direct the Workout Officers. Responsible, through the Special Assets Department Manager, for collection and management of all collection efforts, including bankruptcy management, OREO management, foreclosures and repossessions. Ensure uniformity of appraisal engagements and reviews. Additional duties include calculating the Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss Reserve (ALLL) and computing monthly allocations to the Loan Loss Reserve. Assist the Finance Department on credit related accounting, Call Reports and Loan Loss issues and work closely with the CFO on the status on problem loans. Possess knowledge of accounting concepts dealing with impairment and troubled assets i.e. Qualitative Factors (formerly FAS 5), Impaired Loans (formerly FAS 114) and FAS 115. Responsible for the administration of the Criticized Asset Report (Watch List) and ALLL coordination and ALLL documentation. Ensure that the Impaired Loans/Specific Reserve section of the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses accurately reflects loan impairments resulting from the loan risk rating process. Provide analysis of external or overall portfolio trends for the Qualitative Factors section of the ALLL analysis. Responsible for completing the quarterly ALLL Narrative report for the Bank. Monitor the lending portfolio exceptions to ensure that staff and lenders operate in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as the Bank policies and procedures as approved by the Board of Directors. Periodically review and reevaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of established policies and procedures. Communicate and interpret lending policies. Comprehensive knowledge of banking regulations (OCC, FDIC), commercial, real estate and consumer lending. Responsible for accurately reporting to the Board and Loan Committees on the asset quality of the loan portfolio, including delinquencies, nonaccruals, OREO and loan concentrations. Set concentration tolerances. Prepare appropriate monthly/quarterly/annual Board of Directors reports. Conduct stress testing within the CRE portfolio. Responsible for coordinating for the examiners all "credit related" examination data, document requests and information that is needed. Respond to all "credit related" questions. Ensure credit related issues identified from formal audits, independent loan reviews, and regulatory examinations are adequately and timely addressed. Oversee the implementation and management of the Loan Risk Rating System. Interpret risk rating definitions and provide annual training to lending and credit personnel on risk ratings and other crucial policies. In depth knowledge of financial analysis, loan structuring, problem credit resolution, banking laws and regulations with an emphasis on credit administration. Provide advice and guidance to lending management. Consult with lending personnel as to risk on complex or unusual loan requests. Perform direct supervisory duties of department staff, including formal annual performance reviews and coordinate staff for coverage in all related areas of the departments. Member of the Management Merger Committee during the acquisition of Citizens National Bank. Integrated the policies of both banks and trained former CNB lenders. Serve on the following management committees: Management Loan Committee Directors' Loan Committee Credit Policy Committee Problem Loan Strategy Committee (PLSC) Committee Chair: Problem Loan Strategy Committee, Credit Policy Committee, Nonaccrual Committee.
- Chief Credit Officer, Exec. Vice President at Old Point National Bank
- Senior Loan Review Officer at Old Point National Bank
- Marketing Director at PSC Technology, Inc
- Regional Loan Review Manager, Vice President at Central Fidelity National Bank
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Banking
- - Banking
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance