Chief Credit Officer as of Jan 2010
• Responsible for the credit administration of the bank
• Participate in the asset/liability management of the bank
• Completed a new loan policy
• Provided significant training to lenders and loan processors
• Enhanced underwriting and financial statement analysis
• Eliminated significant loan documentation errors
• Reduced delinquencies and classified assets to a satisfactory level
• Instrumental in the termination of the Cease and Desist order
• Ongoing responsibilities related to safety & soundness, profitability, and compliance
Chief Credit Officer as of Jan 2010
- Chief Credit Officer at Nevada Bank & Trust
- Branch Manager at Banner Bank
- Commercial Loan Center Manager at Banner Bank
- Branch Manager at Banner Bank
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- - education
Chief Credit Officer at $3000MM savings thrift
• Responsible for loan policy
• Implement appropriate credit policies for bank transitioning to more traditional commercial lending
• Assure that loan loss reserves are maintained at appropriate levels
• Implement appropriate credit risk management techniques
• Serve as primary liaison with bank regulators
Chief Credit Officer at $3000MM savings thrift
- Chief Credit Officer at TC Federal Bank
- Regional Credit Officer at AMERIS BANK
- Chief Credit Officer at THE COASTAL BANK
- Chief Credit Officer at CAPITAL CITY BANK
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- BBA - Accounting
Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the Bank's credit operations in a safe and sound
manner for the Bank with total asset size of over $300 million, complying with applicable laws and regulations but also loan policies and guidelines. Have proven record of successful credit
administration working closely with regulatory agencies and examiners by taking actions to meet all
the requirements of Directive of the Regulators to restore all aspects of the Bank to a safe and sound condition as Chief Credit Officer of the Bank.
• Oversee the Bank's commercial credit and collection policies, procedures, and processes ensuring appropriate mitigation of the risk inherent in the Bank's loan portfolio.
• Prepare reports regularly to the Board of Directors on credit activity, credit risk status, CRE concentration level, and remedial & monitoring efforts for criticized loans.
• Oversee and administer all the credit activities by monitoring and controlling loan production including but not limited to establishing adequate credit risk tolerance to minimize inherent credit risk associated with commercial loans.
• Successfully maintain the Bank's loan portfolio with a total net balance of over $200 million with very low level of criticized and non-performing loans and assets over the years by actively reviewing and performing loan impairment analysis and loan grading.
• Responsible for the credit quality of the loan portfolio through the approval of credit and ongoing monitoring of the file through various exception reports.
• Assist in determining the adequacy of the allowance for loan and lease losses.
• Work very closely with regulatory examiners including FDIC, WA State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), SBA, and USDA Business & Industry, and have been able to successfully comply with their regulations and procedures by exceeding their expectations in terms of monitoring and maintaining the Bank's loan portfolio in a sound and prudent manner.
• Successfully assist all internal and external credit/loan examination reviewers on an annual basis and perform direct supervisory duties of credit department staff, and coordinate staff for in all related areas of the department as well as train and manage personnel engaged in commercial lending activity.
• Successfully manage and administer the SBA loan portfolio with over $144 million by being able to maintain Preferred Lending Program (PLP) status since the inception of the Bank.
- EVP & CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER at
- FVP & INTERIM CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER at
- VP & SBA ADMINISTRATION MANAGER at
- CREDIT UNDERWRITER/OFFICER at PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL BANK
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MARKETING
• Recruited as Chief Credit Officer for de novo community bank.
• Developed credit policy, underwriting guidelines, and loan products for the bank.
• Approved commercial credits which were booked with correspondent banks, pending the opening of the bank.
• Partnered with compliance officer to develop required regulatory policies and procedures.
• Cooperated with vendors and consultants to implement the bank's core operating system and document production and imaging systems.
• Worked with investment team to prospect and to develop capital investors.
- Senior Vice President / Chief Credit Officer at Community Bank of the Carolinas (Proposed)
- Private/Business Loan Underwriter at Wells Fargo Bank
- Senior Vice President / Consumer Risk Executive at CommunityOne Bank, N.A
- Vice President / Central Lending Manager at Central Carolina Bank and Trust Company
7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business
- - history education
McFarland State Bank Senior Vice President / Chief Credit Officer January 2011 - January 2019 Created and led a team providing all lending services. These services included: *Mitigation of concentration risk including CRE to allow lending activities in support of the bank's strategic plan. *Underwriting of commercial and industrial, commercial real estate, residential, agricultural and oversight of retail loan underwriting. *Loan collection and workout. *Document preparation. *Loan Review. *Maintenance and updating of loan policies and procedures. *Loan servicing activities. *Partnered with CFO in analyzing and recommending ALLL levels. *Provided commercial lending staff with loan structuring guidance. *Appraisal Management. We resolved the bank's post-recession loan portfolio and in multiple years achieved seven figure recovery, interest and expense recapture. We formalized our risk rating system and rewrote the bank's loan policy. We have had multiple years of clean loan exams from both the FDIC and DFI. Provided guidance and encouragement to lenders for loan structure and with the introduction of new lines of business.
McFarland State Bank
Senior Vice President / Chief Credit Officer
January 2011 - January 2019
Created and led a team providing all lending services. These services included:
*Mitigation of concentration risk including CRE to allow lending activities in support of the bank's strategic plan.
*Underwriting of commercial and industrial, commercial real estate, residential, agricultural and oversight of retail loan underwriting.
*Loan collection and workout.
*Maintenance and updating of loan policies and procedures.
*Loan servicing activities.
*Partnered with CFO in analyzing and recommending ALLL levels.
*Provided commercial lending staff with loan structuring guidance.
We resolved the bank's post-recession loan portfolio and in multiple years achieved seven figure recovery, interest and expense recapture. We formalized our risk rating system and rewrote the bank's loan policy. We have had multiple years of clean loan exams from both the FDIC and DFI. Provided guidance and encouragement to lenders for loan structure and with the introduction of new lines of business.
- Senior Vice President / Chief Credit Officer at McFarland State Bank
- Executive Vice President - Chief Credit Officer / Senior Lender at Evergreen State Bank
- Senior Asset Manager at FDIC
- Executive Vice President / Chief Credit & Compliance Officer at Baytree Bank Corp
8 years at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Arts / Banking
• Recruited by Chief Lender and President of this $250 million bank to oversee Credit Administration, Loan Operations, and Credit Underwriting.
• Eight direct reports and coached and underwrote for nine Loan Officers.
- CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER at LEGACY BANK AND TRUST
- CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER at WILHOIT PROPERTIES/ZIMMERMAN PROPERTIES
- REGIONAL COMMERCIAL EXECUTIVE at BEAR STATE BANK
- COMMUNITY BANK PRESIDENT at SOUTHERN BANK
8 months at this Job
- BA - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Executive Snapshot: Recruited specifically as strategic CFO and quickly tapped to shoulder additional responsibility managing credit function with $1.3 billion in loans. Manage liability and credit responsibilities for $1.3 billion in loans and $100 million in investments and 32 division employees. Oversee accounting and reporting, and set strategies deposit pricing, asset liability management, budgeting / performance to budgets, credit approval, loan portfolio management, distressed debt and collections, SBA lending, and secondary market sales. Report to board of directors, present budgets, and outline strategic plans; also act as primary regulatory agency contact. * Designed and implemented cross functional asset generation, product development and pricing, and operational efficiency improvements that have grown Net Income at a 19.7% CAGR and created an ROA run-rate of 1.16%. * Stream-lined credit underwriting and approval process that grew loan portfolio at a 15.9% CAGR, improved portfolio risk rating profile, and generated a more favorable portfolio mix. * Executed a review of enterprise staffing, significant vendor relationships (initiated mid-term negotiations), and effective technology utilization that contributed to reducing the efficiency ratio run-rate at an -8.6% CAGR. * Lead internal process efficiency review that reduced the process step count and "days to close" for C & I Loan, HELOC, Residential First Mortgage loan products by over 50%. * Tapped as Lead to develop a cogent, practical multi-channel delivery program that includes transitions the organization to an open "core as service", API centric data environment that includes an out-sourced predictive analytics and marketing component. * Brought to life a predictive funding sources model and comprehensive liquidity management program that enables cost-conscious deposit gathering, superior deposit and loan pricing decisions, and relieved existing regulatory concerns. * Boosted consumer loan auto decision rates from 14% to 57%, improved average credit score by 17 points, and widened credit spread 41 bps; created best-in-class, efficient internal decision-making processes for consumer and auto loan products to improve profitability. * Mid-year course-corrected poor operating performance that turned a projected $983,000 budget shortfall into exceeding budget by $478,000 budget in 2017. * Acted as change agent who transformed board reporting from 60-65 pages presented in 10 minutes to 15-20-pages of critical "dashboards" which provoke 20-minute, informed conversations with Board; developed easily-understood flash report that clearly identified key business drivers.
- Chief Financial Officer / Chief Credit Officer at Columbia Credit Union
- Senior Advisor at Blackhall Cottage LLC
- Director of Strategic Risk Initiatives at Iberiabank
- Chief Financial Officer at Georgia Commerce Bank
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Responsible for developing and managing commercial relationships within a 50MM portfolio.
• Responsible for structuring and monitoring workout strategies for commercial and residential loans (TDR's) including impairment analysis.
• Responsible for the ongoing monitoring and valuation of troubled asset portfolio with appropriate changes to the ALLL.
• Doubled size of commercial portfolio in 5 years.
• Top 5 sales person for bank products and services.
• Conducted training sessions for bank personnel on compliance and regulatory issues as well as emerging technology.
• Developed and implemented procedures for monitoring risk and concentrations in the existing portfolio.
• Conducted seminars for the public, chamber of commerce and at local high schools on internet banking, credit scores and commercial real estate investing.
- Chief Credit Officer at McHenry Savings Bank
- Vice President at McHenry Savings Bank
- Vice President at Richmond Bank
- Vice President & Compliance Officer at First Colonial Bank of Crystal Lake
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Education
- Bachelor of Education
Operated as member of executive management team, with primary responsibility for credit/risk
management, managed assets, and loan operations departments, including budgeting, board reporting,
staff training and development, Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses, credit policy maintenance and compliance, establishing lending objectives, and portfolio oversight. Served as chair of Credit Committee and voting member of Asset Liability, Enterprise Risk Management, and Benefits Committees. Performed
note acquisitions and non-performing note/judgement dispositions. Managed teams, applying leadership,
talent acquisition, mentoring, coaching, development, and empowerment.
● Functioned as primary contact for regulatory and third-party auditor loan reviews with consistently strong results in appropriate risk measurement.
● Managed downsizing effort resulting in profitable institution.
● Successfully emerged from regulatory consent order primarily due to severity of losses attributed to acquired failed bank loan portfolio.
● Maximized recoveries and minimized losses of distressed loans, utilizing wide variety of strategies and negotiation tactics.
- Chief Credit Officer at URBAN PARTNERSHIP BANK
- Director, Credit at Policy and Risk Management
- Chief Underwriter at COHEN FINANCIAL, CAPITAL MARKETS UNIT
- Vice President, Credit/Risk at MERRILL LYNCH CAPITAL, REAL ESTATE FINANCE GROUP
3 years at this Job
- B.S. - Economics
• EVP & CCO in October 2016.
• Loan Compliance Officer in February 2016.
• Portfolio and commercial loan manager at Kirkwood Bank of Nevada.
• Analyze and make recommendations on Allowance for Loans and Lease Losses, Credit Stress Testing and Asset/Liability management.
• Increased loan portfolio by 150%.
• Enhanced board reporting, CRA compliance, concentration monitoring and risk assessment.
• Developed and maintained new policies and practices in credit administration that reduced Texas Ratio down to 0%.
- Executive Vice President/Chief Credit Officer at Kirkwood Bank of Nevada August
- Vice President / Bank at Bank of Nevada
- Vice President Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer at A&D loans, construction loans, bridge loans, mini-perm loans
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's degree - General education and business classes