Supporting the mission of the San Bernardino City Unified City School District, I manage all elements of fundraising for the organization. Chief Development Officer
• Plan, execute, and direct all fundraising activities and events.
• Prospect, Cultivate, and Steward donors for small and large-scale gifts.
• Represent the organization in the community and increase visibility
• Provide talking points and direction to the Board of Directors for all events.
• Write and submit grants and complete all required reporting documents.
• Manage the fundraising and events budget.
Supporting the mission of the San Bernardino City Unified City School District, I manage all elements of fundraising for the organization.
Chief Development Officer
- Chief Development Officer at Making Hope Happen Foundation
- Senior Director at Hope Through Housing
- Regional Director of Services at Hope Through Housing
- Director at Hope Through Housing
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- MA - Kinesiology
- BA - Communication Studies
Delve, Inc is a privately held manufacturer and developer of "best in class" factory built modular homes that are
manufactured in Southern California and installed throughout the Western United States.
• Joined Dvele, Inc as Chief Development Officer to lead all acquisition, development and joint venture activities for the Company, focused initially in California, and any other relevant expansion markets
• Initial investment focus on Southern California, specifically the Ventura and Los Angeles County areas impacted by the Thomas and Woolsey fires, rapid expansion to Northern California to include areas impacted by Tubbs Fire
• Responsibilities include: acquisition sourcing, financing, strategic initiatives, asset underwriting, construction/renovation design, entitlements, permitting, contract management, real estate broker relations, marketing, capital raising, investor relations and reporting.
• Activities from inception include the purchase, entitlement and permitting of multiple development sites in Southern and Northern California with projected sales value in excess of $20MM, and estimated equity returns of 40% plus to investment partners.
• Current land acquisition and development pipeline in excess of $55MM
- Chief Development Officer/Principal at DVELE, INC
- Managing Member/Founder at LANDMARK REALTY PARTNERS, LLC
- Regional Director at WAYPOINT HOMES
- Market Officer/Regional Operating Partner at STEELWAVE formerly Legacy Partners Commercial
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Responsible for establishing and launching a new charitable Foundation (supporting organization) within a
60-year-old organization. Developed and implemented all aspects of the Foundation including writing
bylaws, preparing IRS 501(c)3 application, developing board structure, and creating Foundation identity, mission and vision statements, fundraising communication strategies and plans, and staffing plan.
Implemented new donor software with gift processing protocols and procedures. Member of senior
leadership team and Executive Committee.
• Launched the Immanuel Foundation within 13 months of hire.
• Recruited and established a new Board of Directors focusing on creating a diverse group with varying backgrounds, expertise, and community connections.
• Created 3-year Foundation fundraising plan and strategy working within the broader organizational strategic plan. Established measurable financial, donor acquisition, and donor engagement goals.
• Developed and implemented multi-level, multi-channel communication and awareness plan.
• Developed Foundation identity including logo, messaging, website content and site navigation, and collateral and promotional materials.
• As Chief Development Officer established annual fund, direct mail, major gifts, and planned giving programs, secured and prepared charitable gift annuities, established monthly giving program, and produced annual report. Implemented Grants program securing funding for 5 of 8 initial grant requests.
- Foundation Director/Chief Development Officer at Immanuel Lutheran Communities
- Director of Advancement at MOFI
- Director of Development at Montana Wilderness Association
- Director of Development at Project Wildlife
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Executive Management Program
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Washington DC 2017 - Present
Top-rated national afterschool program for middle school students in underserved communities
Chief Development Officer
• Oversee $11.5 million budget and direct development, communications and marketing functions of the national office and affiliate network. Develop five-year financial sustainability business strategy. Yielded operational efficiency, bolstered volunteer engagement, and increased revenue by 10% within first year of implementation. Personally manage a portfolio of high-level individual and institutional donors.
• Restructured department to align with workflow. Develop talent and culture via: career path development, coaching, and evaluations for five direct and 12 indirect staff. Lead biannual Fundraising Summit providing professional development and team building. Foster relationships and work across the organization to mobilize people and drive results.
• Lead the Fund Development Committee of the national board. Strengthen board orientation and nurture board participation in fundraising activities. Achieved 100% board giving.
• Set the messaging strategy and create communications materials that make a compelling connection with donors. Share impact and data through stories to capture the hearts and minds of stakeholders. Supervise the organization's digital presence including social media and website. Expand online fundraising and doubled revenue from mass individual donors.
• Design organization's first data strategy and system. Lead gift processing, acknowledgements, prospect research and grant reporting functions. Conduct analysis informing data-driven decisions and plans. Report on metrics/revenue to rest of executive team and board.
- Chief Development Officer at HIGHER ACHIEVEMENT, National Headquarters
- Chief Strategist and Group Leader at SOCIAL CAPITAL PARTNERSHIPS, Washington DC Office
- Executive Director, Corporate and Foundation Programs at AMERICAN RED CROSS, National Headquarters
- Senior Officer, Corporate Partnerships and Cause Marketing at AMERICAN RED CROSS, National Headquarters
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Marketing/Management
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Journalism
As the Director of Development & Chief Development Officer for Isles, I focus on identifying and deepening relationships with donors throughout New Jersey and the Northeast Region of the US, while also overseeing our Resource Development unit and managing fund & donor development operations. Through implementing fundraising, donor and corporate engagement; strong supervisory skills and department administration, my role is to make our donor development efforts successful and continue to grow Isles reach throughout our community and beyond.
- CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER at ISLES, INC
- FOUNDER & CEO at Alta Impact, LLC
- CORPORATE RELATIONS OFFICER at New York Cares
- DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE & Foundation Relations at Habitat for Humanity of Orange County
10 months at this Job
- MASTER'S DEGREE - EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - POLITICAL SCIENCE
Serving as a member of the leadership team alongside the CEO, CFO, CPO and COO - advising
on the framework, phasing of the strategic direction of the organization.
• Fostering organization-wide culture of philanthropy and ensures that all fundraising activities reflect the values of the organization and the highest levels of integrity.
• Advises the CEO, board members, and staff of current resources, trends, obstacles, and developments in revenue generation and donor relations.
• Creating and executing short and long-range resource development strategies, goals objectives, and strategic planning in conjunction with the CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Working closely with the Chief Program Officer to ensure that program has the resources to meet short and long- range goals and objectives.
• Developing in tandem with the fund development team, CFO and CEO, the organization's budget and monitoring team performance to ensure best practice in outreach and engagement.
• Defining metrics and measurements that quantify performance against goals and institutionalizing a system for obtaining and reporting those metrics and measurements to the leadership team and Board of Directors.
• Proactively ensures that the organization develops strong long-term relationships with largescale individual, foundation and corporate donors/funders. Personally, builds and maintains key relationships to ensure fund development strategy is achieved.
• Oversees grants department and manages full time Director, Foundation and Government Relation. Responsible for grant strategy and review of all submissions including local, state, and federal grants.
• Oversees organization's annual Fall Fest event to maximize revenue potential and creating marketing avenues for cultivating existing and new supporters.
• Designing a robust corporate engagement program that allows for participation from local businesses.
• Responsible for the development of all donor appeal, stewardship, cultivation and collateral materials.
• Developed innovative recognition opportunities and materials and events for continuity and donor stewardship. 1
- Chief Development Officer at Woodcraft Rangers
- Executive Director at Lynwood Partners Educational Foundation
- Chief Development Officer at Liberty Hill Foundation
- Director of Development at Los Angeles Urban League
9 months at this Job
Served as a member of the senior management team setting direction and ensuring the fiscal health of the organization. Translated broad goals into achievable steps. Designed and managed a fund development plan that overarched with the organization's strategic goals and philanthropic needs.
• Embedded, educated and celebrated a revised mission statement for the organization
• Moved the organization from a fundraising to a fund development model
• Positioned board members, chief executives, other fundraising volunteers and staff to identify, cultivate and solicit charitable gifts
• Key contributor to culture change regarding philanthropy
• Initiated an annual fund drive that garnered $250,000 in the first year
• Managed staff and volunteers to net $106,000 from a charitable golf classic
• Created an employee emergency assistance fund that generated $45,000 in contributions and assisted 25 employees in year one.
• Initiated a donor prospect and moves management system using NXT mobile application within the Raisers' Edge donor software
• Managed communications and development message through integrated collateral including social media, newsletters, annual giving calendar and annual report
- Chief Development Officer at The Wesley Communities
- President at Ohio Masonic Home Foundation
- Assistant Executive Director at JRC Outreach Services
2 years at this Job
- - English Journalism
• In-person and virtual executive support
• Department initiative white papers
• Extensive international travel coordination:
• Global Field Development corporate global travel visas, itineraries, PowerPoints, agendas, events calendar in-country VIP meetings.
• Chief Development Officer's personal global
• Timely and efficient expense reporting and travel calendar reconciliation.
• International webinars, conference calls, off-site meeting coordination.
- Executive Assistant to Chief Development Officer at Jeunesse Global
- Executive Assistant to Vice President of Education/CEO at Fast Forward Academy, LLC
- Administrative Assistant to Academic Dean at Keiser University
- Human Resources Assistant at Sun Technologies Inc
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Science - B.A.S
Reporting to the President/CEO responsible for annual revenue analysis, budget preparation, actual variance analysis, senior budget planning and expense controls, contract management, purchase order processing, direct management of 11 executives throughout the state to exceed gross revenues, sales, of $2 million from individual gifts, grants, special events and corporate giving. Responsible for the hiring and strategy of the statewide development campaign along with an Endowment Campaign.
- Chief Development Officer at Easterseals Florida
- Field Director at Boy Scouts of America - Nonprofit
- Director of Finance (Comparable to CFO/Controller) at Boy Scouts of America
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Accounting - B.S., Business Administration and Political Science
- M.B.A. - Business Administration
A local nonprofit that provides free music education to students through school day, after school, and summer camp programs - Increasing opportunities to generate revenue through grant submissions and cultivating relationships with current and prospective funding partners - Engaging with board members and Engagement Committee members to expand and enhance development efforts - Managing planning and execution of annual fundraiser - Participating in strategic planning process and ensuring alignment between organizational efforts and long-term goals - Quantifying and analyzing programmatic outcomes to ensure achievement of organizational goals and adherence to funder expectations - Managing donor records in Donorview CRM and maintaining data integrity
A local nonprofit that provides free music education to students through school day, after school, and summer camp programs
- Increasing opportunities to generate revenue through grant submissions and cultivating relationships with current and prospective funding partners
- Engaging with board members and Engagement Committee members to expand and enhance development efforts
- Managing planning and execution of annual fundraiser
- Participating in strategic planning process and ensuring alignment between organizational efforts and long-term goals
- Quantifying and analyzing programmatic outcomes to ensure achievement of organizational goals and adherence to funder expectations
- Managing donor records in Donorview CRM and maintaining data integrity
- Chief Development Officer at Rock to the Future
- Mentor Program Coordinator at U.S. Dream Academy Philadelphia
- Operations Manager at Dress for Success Philadelphia
- Development & Communications Manager at Bebashi - Transition to Hope
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Organizational Development & Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts - History & Public Policy/Social & Cultural History