BOYS & GIRLS HAVEN - Louisville, KY
Chief Development Officer, 2018 - Present As the Chief Development Officer at Boys & Girls Haven I lead resource generation, strategy development, prospecting and stewardship of individuals and corporate partners, marketing and public relations. I am currently working with my team to increase fundraising from $1.275 million to $2.2 million, including $200,000 for capital improvements.
• Execute ambitious but achievable annual and long-term plans for revenue generation and partnership creation.
• Lead strategy development for revenue generation and the identification of major partners to support growth. Collaborate with President & CEO and Board to refine the organization's economic model and sustainability strategies.
• Strategize with development team on approaches to building important and sustained cross sector partnerships that include individuals, foundations and corporations.
• Provide strategic direction to department. Serve as business partner to CEO to help provide financial guidance recommendations and strategy.
• Lead the development department: ◦ Provide oversight of departmental goals and objectives ◦ Actively seek and write grant opportunities ◦ Coordinate fundraising events ◦ Prospect, solicit and steward individual corporate donors ◦ Build community branding and develop Marketing and Public Relations plan ◦ Provide oversight and approval of the annual development budget
• Serve as business partner to executive leadership team including; Chief Operating Officer Chief Financial Officer and other Executive Officers.
- Chief Development Officer at Boys & Girls Haven
- Community Giving Operations Director at METRO UNITED WAY
- Professional Trainer/Facilitator at ANDAR 360 DATABASE
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Business Administration
SKyPAC serves a ten county area in South Central Kentucky of 300,000 people. Housing a 1,700 seat Main Hall, studio theatre, and two galleries, SKyPAC presents Broadway tours,
major concerts, dance, and comedy, and local and regional arts and entertainment. SKyPAC also provides more than 15,000 arts education experiences annually.
Chief Development Officer
● Generated highest annual cash flow since 2014
● Obtained first documented legacy gift in organization's history
● Produced net income growth of 110% in major annual fundraising event
● Decreased annual development expenses $20,000 below historic average
● Achieved lowest amount of lapsed donor dollars in organization history in year one
● Completed various marketing/advertising roles following departure of Marketing Director, including decreasing projected program printing costs by more than 10%
- Chief Development Officer at Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center
- Financial Advisor at Capital Financial Group
- Director of Annual Giving at Western Kentucky University
- Assistant Director - Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving at Western Kentucky University
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Music
Ft. Worth, TX 2010 - Present
A high investment preschool franchisor in the $40 billlon child care industry with a $4.2 million average project size. Chief Development Officer
• Generated $90 million in royalties and franchise fees in eight-year period
• Grew top line company revenue 190% from 2010-2018
• Created new market expansion and territory management processes to maximize DMAs
• Designed detailed franchise sales process which led to 90% Discovery Day closure rate
• Produced comprehensive development marketing plan and budget resulting in improved cost-per-sale
• Led effort which overhauled FDD, franchise agreement, annual audit; upgraded and managed legal counsel
• Devised and led design / construction / national architect team resulting in streamlined branding, cost control and improved communication
• As active member of corporate leadership team formed franchise advisory council which led to improved collaboration and communication between franchisor and franchisee
• Instituted broker contracts, franchisee anonymous surveys, referral programs that increased sales 14%
• Designed and wrote franchise website and CRM tool which increased franchise leads 300%
• Created complete opening / onboarding process which increased franchisee satisfaction, reduced store development time and decreased legal exposure
- Chief Development Officer at CHILDREN'S LIGHTHOUSE FRANCHISE COMPANY
- Pro Bono Volunteer at WOHELO ENTERPRISES LLC
- Regional Sales Manager Mid-Market, Western U.S at AUTHORIA
- Director of Franchise Development, U.S at GOLD'S GYM FRANCHISING
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Business Marketing
Boston, MA 2016 - 2018
Fast casual restaurant, bakery, and café chain with over 300 locations across U.S., India, and Thailand.
Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer
Recruited to company on short-term assignment to assist in preparing organization for sale; maintained
productive relationships with landlords to ensure smooth transition post-sale. Maintained oversight of existing assets while supporting growth via licensing partners.
• Navigated challenges associated with heavy exposure to urban market conditions and balancing minimal operational spend while preparing company for acquisition.
• Coordinated efforts of 23 franchisee and licensing partners across multiple channels including hospitals, universities, military installations, and transportation hubs.
- Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer at Au Bon Pain
- Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer at Ignite Restaurant Group
- Operator of two full service restaurant brands at Ignite Restaurant Group
- Senior Vice President, Development at Ignite Restaurant Group
2 years at this Job
- - Executive Leadership Program
* Provides direct support to the Chief Development Officer demonstrating a high level of administrative competence for internal and external matters that include sensitive and confidential information. * Cultivates a close work relationship with the Chair of the Board of Directors, Board members, the President and other high level executives at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. * Collaborates with the Chief of Staff to prepare and assemble meeting materials for multiple Board meetings. * Initiates, organizes, and implements systems and procedures to efficiently manage the administrative processes. * Facilitates meetings and coordinates related domestic and international travel arrangements for the Chief Development Officer, Senior Executive Director of Principal Gifts and Executive Director of Major Gifts. * Works together with hospital leaders in hosting several international Chinese Delegations at the medical center to cultivate great working relationships with high-level officials from Nanjing and Shanghai. * Responds promptly to inquiries from top-tier donors, patients, board members and hospital staff. * Acknowledges donations made by major gift prospects utilizing Raiser's Edge donor software. * Arranges onsite conference rooms, catering and technical support and prepares materials as necessary for internal and external meetings and events. * Performs other tasks, as assigned, such as engineering work orders, tracking of parking, staff expense reimbursements and office supply ordering.
- Executive Assistant to the Chief Development Officer at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- On-Call Supervisor at HomeInstead Senior Care
- Colon & Rectal Surgery Administrative Assistant II & III at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management - Hospitality Management
A $3M 501(c)3 nonprofit in Houston, Texas with the mission of transporting saved animals
Chief Development Officer
• Formulated short and long-term goals concerning the fundraising efforts of the organization.
• Developed actionable strategies for meeting those goals through grants, sponsorships, gifts, donations, and fundraising events. Raised 4.5x annual salary in first ten months.
• Raised awareness of the organization and its primary goals through outreach efforts, regular events in the community, publications, and media relations.
• Discovered new lucrative revenue streams for expansion of the organization’s fundraising efforts.
• Tracked revenue and fundraising trends, then utilized the information to predict future opportunities for expansion efforts and avoid any downtrends in individual, corporate or foundation gifts.
• Planned and oversaw first time fundraising events to make sure all needs were met, and fundraising goals are achieved, specifically the Golf Tournament and Fur Ball as well as smaller events throughout the year.
• Served as primary contact for all fundraising events, coordinating vendors and volunteers. Created schedules for each.
• Solicited donations from large corporate donors in the form of sponsorships and grants.
• Published regular updates on major events and success of the organization.
• Cultivated and maintained relationships with major donors by responding to their inquiries, keeping them apprised of recent events with the organization and showing them progress where their donations have made possible.
• Created and cultured marketing partners with The Houston SaberCats, Houston Astros, and acquired world champion Lance McCullers Jr as a spokesman for RPM.
- Chief Development Officer at Rescued Pets Movement Inc
- Board Consultant at Pup Squad Animal Rescue
- Executive Director and Founder at The Houston Zombie Walk and the Too Ghoul for School Education Fund
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Geographic Information Systems
Raised more than $2 Million from grants, special events, major gift and corporate sponsorship to support clinical and psychology programs and clinical education programs. Developed relationship with Atlanta based foundations and community funders to include JF&CS as part of a network of mental health providers to receive large scale funding to treat mental health in the state of Georgia. Identified and developed $750,000 in proposals under consideration from new prospects to support outpatient psychosocial programs for families, young adults and children and clinical staff training programs. Report to the board of trustees on development outcomes and metrics. Collaborated with the board to identify potential funding opportunities from philanthropic partners. Establish close relationship with the marketing and program chief officers to develop and communicate top funding priorities to our principal donors and grant funders. Supervised a team of six development professionals to establish and implement annual goals and metrics as part of larger agency level strategic plan. Oversee and manage the annual development budget and program funds flow.
- Chief Development Officer at Jewish Family & Career Services
- Director of Development II Clinical Programs at Emory University
- Associate Director of Development at New York University Medical Center
- Assistant Director of Development at Yeshiva University Cardozo Law School
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
- - Philosophy and Art History
Serve as a member of the senior management team helping to set direction and ensure the health of the organization. Translate broad goals into achievable steps. Design and manage a fund development plan that overarches with the organization's strategic goals and philanthropic needs.
• Embedded, educated and celebrated a revised mission statement for the organization
• Moved the organization from a fundraising to a fund development model
• Positioned board members, chief executives, other fundraising volunteers and staff to identify, cultivate and solicit charitable gifts
• Key contributor to culture change regarding philanthropy
• Initiated an annual fund drive that garnered $250,000 in the first year
• Managed staff and volunteers to net $106,000 from a charitable golf classic
• Created an employee emergency assistance fund that generated $45,000 in contributions and assisted 25 employees in year one.
• Implemented a major gift program
• Initiated a donor prospect and moves management system using NXT mobile application within the Raisers' Edge donor software
• Gained 400 new donors on average annually
• Regained 30 lost donors on average annually
• Managed communications and development message through integrated collateral including social media, newsletters, annual giving calendar and annual report
- CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER at THE WESLEY COMMUNITIES
- PRESIDENT at OHIO MASONIC HOME FOUNDATION
- ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR at JRC OUTREACH SERVICES
- at NORTHWESTERN LOCAL SCHOOLS
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - ENGLISH JOURNALISM
Provide strategic thought leadership and direction for the company as a member of the Chief Executive Officer's Executive Committee. Direct all bricks and mortar development-related activities. Lead company activities in development of management service relationships with health systems including development services, operational and clinical management services, and physician staffing services. Oversee all business to business, business to consumer, and corporate communications activities. Lead development of corporate strategy including management of Center for Innovation.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer at ADEPTUS HEALTH
- at ADEPTUS HEALTH
- Chief Development Officer at ADEPTUS HEALTH
- Senior Vice President & Development Partner at MAYS & COMPANY
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- B.A. in Economics - Economics
• Project Manager for all fundraising and development including special events, Ladies Night Out, Gala, Golf Tournament, Celebration Luncheon and Multiple 3rd Party fundraisers
• Managed Development Staff and created efficient systems for project and donation management
• Lead $5M Youth Shelter Capital Campaign; Public Speaker for organization
• Reestablished Volunteer Program for Corporate and Event Volunteers
• Certified in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge ReNXT, Managed Database
• Skilled in Greater Giving Event Software
• Excellent Communication and Writing Skills, Professional Demaeanor,
• Donor-Centered Development of Marketing Collateral, Website and Social Media Marketing Plan
• Reestablished Targeted Annual Giving Program
• Excellent Rapport with Board, Donors, Volunteers and Staff
- Chief Development Officer at YES to YOUTH-Montgomery County Youth Services
- Donor Development Manager at YES to YOUTH Montgomery County Youth Services
- Director of Development, Crisis Assistance Center at YOUTH Montgomery County Youth Services
- Substitute Teacher, Deretchin Elementary and The Woodlands High School at Conroe Independent School District
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Marketing
- Minor in English, Secondary Education Certification-Business, English, Language Arts, Dance, Kinesiology - Education
- - Business/Education/Dance