Duties same as Chief Estimator below
- Chief Estimator at MICHILLI CONSTRUCTION
- Chief Estimator at OC DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
- Chief Estimator at ONE70 GROUP
- Chief Estimator (Consultant) at LIBERTY BLUE GROUP
5 months at this Job
- Master - Program for Construction Management
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Finance
Chief estimator responsible for conceptual bidding, plan review, final bidding and client negotiation. Liaison between owner and general contractor, and co-ordinate and direct subcontractors. Expertly advise owners during the bid process to ensure every avenue of cost savings are explored to provide optimal value engineering.
- Chief Estimator at Salco Construction Company
- Chief Estimator at Flat Line Concrete
- Owner, Private Estimating Consultancy at Paul's Estimating Service
- Chief Estimator, Manager Small Commercial Division at MBD Construction, Inc
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelors - General Studies
Family owned and operated, has provided contracting services to the industrial and commercial markets in the southeast since 1983 and is known for maintaining close professional relationships with our clients. Web site: www.jherrelectric.com
➢ Responsibilities Include:
➢ Confer with Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Owner Representatives and other Sub-Contractors in order to determine the scope of work required.
➢ Perform project management: specializing in supply house and incidental cost negotiation, technical submittals, close out documents, change orders.
➢ Maintain up to date profit and loss statements, ensuring negotiated pricing is adhered too.
➢ Software: EBM, procore, building connected, salesforce.
➢ $1.1 million in total sales - $12 millions in proposals 2017-2018 YTD
➢ $2.9 million in total sales - $38 millions in proposals 2018-2019 YTD
➢ Awarded 12 total contracts $5.7 million 2019-2020
➢ First Female Chief Estimator in company history
Family owned and operated, has provided contracting services to the industrial and commercial markets in the southeast since 1983 and is known for maintaining close professional relationships with our clients.
Web site: www.jherrelectric.com
- Chief Estimator at Herr Electric
- Estimator/Project Manager at Janus International Group, LLC
- First Female Estimator in company history at Corporate IT Recrutier, Chase Professionals
- Multi-Unit Manager/District Recruiter at Claires
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Organizational Management - Organizational Management
- Associates of Fine Arts - Fine Arts
Chief Estimator for commercial/healthcare and retail painting projects. Responsible for computerized estimates and generating sales.
- Chief Estimator at Brien A Miller Painting Co Inc
- Self Employed at Self Employed
- President at Ducas Painting Co. Inc
- Director of Opperations at Hudson Shatz Mid-Atlantic Painting Co. Inc
3 years, 3 months at this Job
Client: Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport
Project Description: Fixed and PTZ cameras for CCTV system. The cameras are
planned to be located at upper and lower roadway levels in Terminals B, C, and E.
Role: Senior Estimator - Developed concept estimates.
Project Actual or expected completion date: 2019
Client/Reference: Aamir Butts ATL Next Program
Client: Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport, (Atlanta, GA)
Project Description: Estimate development and schedule reviews in association with the validation of the various capital improvement program (CIP) valuations
relative to lease agreements to support airport senior management in updating
budget and reconciling matters with Airport Liaison
Team (ALT) and Airline Committee. $250M North Terminal Extension, $B+
Concourse G Development, $300M Plane Train Turnback (Phases 1 & 2), $B+
6th Runway, $900M North and South Parking Decks, $400M Concourse D
Renewal/Replacement, and several program/project elements.
Role: Lead Aviation Estimator - Walked the project with Planning team and then
lead the development of cost estimates.
Project Actual or expected completion date: 2022
Client/Reference: Upon request. [email protected] (727) 623-3027
Abbreviated Project List 2019 Estimated Cost of Construction at Award (ECCA)
• Frisco Library Public Library Renovations/ Additions (Frisco, Tx.) $56M
• Imagine Clearwater Waterfront Improvements (Clearwater, Fl.) $45M
• Lawton Regional Airport Terminal Renovation (Lawton, Ok.) $12M
• Philadelphia Airport Capital Improvements Program (Philadelphia, Pa.) +$1B
• TXDOT Multiple Capital Improvement Projects (Texas) $+40M
• TPA Gateway Development Area (Tampa, Fl.) $66M
• DFW Airport Master Plan Projects (Dallas, Tx.) +$500M
• Social Security Administration SSAHQ (Woodlawn, MD.) +$100M
• New North Concourse Regan National Airport (Washington D.C.) $220M [email protected] (727) 623-3027
- Senior Estimator at CCTV Cameras
7 months at this Job
CHIEF ESTIMATOR (public & private project value up to 11 million): Director of all Bidding, Procurement and Preconstruction services working directly under ownership. Heading two person team preparing competitive HVAC proposals for multiple projects in response to RFPs & ITBs from general contractors, owners and reality companies.
• Manage all incoming RFPs & ITBs, strategically decide which projects to bid and determine the best approach for each bid.
• Delegate the following tasks: Document management, Project folder setup, Printing, Creation of job specific vendor / subcontractor list and Creation of job specific STB letter.
• Interpret plans & specs to generate scope, manufacturers’ rep list, STB letter, RFIs and bid strategy.
• Obtain subcontractor / vendor pricing for all trades by using a job specific contact list, job specific STB letter and established subcontractor relationships.
• Create QTOs for: Piping, Ductwork, Insulation, Controls and Testing & Balancing, using “On-Screen Take-Off”, for cost estimates and subcontractor comparisons.
• Prepare Cost Estimates for: Piping, Ductwork, Insulation, Controls and Testing & Balancing to be incorporated into overall bid for “self-perform” option.
• Develop project contingency to cover: Project schedule, Project location and Project complexity.
• Prepare Overall HVAC bid using custom “Bid Spreadsheet” including: Labor costs for equipment installation, Job specific equipment with accessories, Job specific trades with estimates, Vendor / subcontractor pricing with leveling, Strategically selected subcontractor pricing / trade estimates and Contingency / OH / Profit calculations.
• Prepare written formal proposals including scope of work, bid document description, bid value, alternates, exclusions and qualifications.
• Develop value engineering options as requested.
• Develop preliminary budgets for design / build projects with various engineering, design and value options.
• Manage, Maintain and further develop relationships with existing client base and expand with outreach to new clients.
• Prepare company introduction / reference letters and prequalification for new client outreach.
• Manage, Maintain and further develop relationships with existing vendor following and expand with outreach to new vendors.
• Perform closeout of awarded projects including obtaining / reviewing contracts and negotiating final buy numbers / scopes and with clients.
• Provide budgets for awarded projects, showing schedule of values, final contract value, overhead, profit, general conditions’ breakdown and available man-days, to Accounting and Project Management.
• Perform negotiations with vendors / subs and procurement of all equipment and trades.
• Negotiate change order values and implementation with clients.
• Meet with project management to discuss execution of awarded projects including schedules, submittal approvals, shop drawings, budgeted manpower, subcontractors, vendors, equipment ship dates and project budgets.
• Prepare Change Orders based on changes to contract documents, additional work orders from project management, design changes and / or value engineering solutions.
• Prepare Purchase Orders and subcontractor agreements.
• Obtain, manage and review submittals and shop drawings from vendors / subcontractors for awarded projects.
• Provided training for three Estimating Assistants.
• Developed and implemented the following estimating procedures, means, methods and company standards for the Estimating department:
• Developed “Bid Log Spreadsheet” using Excel to: Manage projects bid, assign project number, list client, date ITB received, bid date, bid amount, alternates, labor requirements, bid status, follow-up responses, last follow-up date and show projects awarded / lost.
• Developed “Submittal Log Spreadsheet” using Excel to: Manage procured equipment, list date received, date submitted, revisions, approval date, release date, anticipated ship date, lead time and shipping requirements.
• Developed “Change Order Log Spreadsheet” using Excel to: Manage change orders generated, list date submitted, date approved, client contact, revisions, approval date, value, percentage paid, percentage of work completed and show POs generated for each change order.
- Chief Estimator / Procurer at MW Mechanical, Inc.
- Chief Estimator at Renu Contracting & Restoration, Inc.
- Chief Mechanical Estimator / Procurer at J. Kokolakis Contracting, Inc
- Estimating Manager at Ornstein Leyton Company
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Architecture
-Port Charlotte, FL
• Chief Estimator for all Claims
• Xactimate Mastery Proficiency
• Clerical duties I.E. ( Data entry, basic office and filing)
• Provide Excellent customer service to cliebts, insurance companies, mortgage companies and vendors.
-Port Charlotte, FL
- Chief Estimator/Project Manager at Pro Restoration and Construction
- Insurance Claims Adjuster at Allstate
- Property Manager at Friday Properties
- Master at Arms at US Navy
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Chief Estimator at Livers Bronze Company
- Estimator at Livers Bronze Company
- Training/ Operations Supervisor at United Parcel Service
- Package Handler at United Parcel Service
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
2M+ Projects Bid & Awarded Took over an estimating department wanting a transition from a paper based system to digital takeoffs. I implemented Bluebeam Revu, successfully trained a Jr. Estimator while winning several projects totaling over 2 million at a crucial time for the company. I trained operations staff on Schedule of Values use, proper Construction Management, Change Order procedures, Payment Tracking, Slack, digital takeoffs, project management, digital plan rooms, bid lists, outreaches.
- Chief Estimator at DOMESTIC INSULATION
- REALTOR at
- Implementation Specialist / Project Manager at OMNICELL, INC
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Construction Management
- High School Diploma
David Cox LLC DAVID COX JOINS AS OWNER DAVID COX LLC, LOS ANGELES CA - David Cox is the owner and principle of David Cox LLC. In his new position Mr. Cox will continue to advise his firms clients in airport, school and hospital construction drawing on his nationally recognized expertise in Project Management, cost control and public private partnerships. Mr. Cox will continue to be based in the Los Angeles area. Mr. Cox has enjoyed a 28-year career during which he has held executive positions in both private and public sectors. Most recently he was helping lead the cost control team for the new LAX International Airport ($1.6B Dollar Project). Prior to that position he served at LAUSD the second largest school district in the nation in cost control project manager with a bond budget of ($19B Dollars). Metro Orange Line LAX WORLD AIRPORTS, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. COST ESTIMATOR /MANAGER PROJECT CONTROLS at LAX Mr. Cox served as estimator and project controls manager to LAX World Airports. In this role he was helping lead the cost control team for the new $1.6 billion LAX World Airports program. He worked with over 55 contractors processing over 10,000 change orders. He participated in subcontractor scoping sessions, the review of trade contractor bids and incorporation of bids into construction manager at risk guaranteed maximum price documents. He also served as senior estimator and negotiator for more than $15 million a month in change orders. He supervised the change management process and developed tracking tools to categorize and document change request rationale. He used the Prolog management system to track and process RFIs, change orders, RFPs. Mr. Cox interpreted contract drawings and specifications, preparing cost estimates, participating in estimate reviews and reconciling estimates to scope for assigned projects. He was responsible for creating and reviewing estimates and follow-up with field managers for new airport construction including the new 1.6 M square feet international terminal. The new terminal was built while the old terminal remained active. Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), Los Angeles, California. Project Controls, Field Engineer, and Consultant. Mr. Cox served as chief of cost controls for project development at more than 800 school facilities at LAUSD the second largest school district in the nation with a Construction Bond budget of ($19 billion).As the project controls team member and project manager, he prepared conceptual and all independent controls and as project manager for construction projects and MEP systems (including site power, central plant, structural elements, and civil pipelines and infrastructure. He was also responsible for change order estimates to establish negotiating position, and as project manager to follow-up on construction on owner's behalf; prepared claim analysis and estimates; prepared detailed estimates of construction cost based on drawings, specifications and sketches; and reviewed contractor's claims and proposals for merit and accountability. Mr. Cox was also responsible for the design of hundreds of projects as project manager which included planning, scope, estimating and hiring the A/E Firms then following the project to completion. Some of the projects were: major HVAC replacements in 55 schools, the addition of 85 science labs located in 60 schools, and the major remodel of seven stadiums in the district. The largest project was the remodel of over 100 schools to allow for ADA path of travel. Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles. Chief Regional Cost Estimator. Mr. Cox served as chief estimator and project manager responsible for creating all hospital estimates for new Kaiser Permanente capital projects in the Los Angeles area. The program budget he was responsible for was $500 million, from this he developed project package to meet yearly budgetary constraints. He also created the engineer's and construction estimates for construction of a Los Angeles hospital and infrastructure projects, including data projects fire life safety and MEP construction projects. He managed cost estimating databases including labor wages, equipment rates, NECA, RS Means, and Saylor (medical facilities). Hospital Projects, San Francisco Bay Area - Project Manager and Project Controls. As the owner of Cox Construction & Development Inc., he worked in myriad hospital projects directly for a hospital or as a sub-contractor to the master general contractor. He was responsible for planning and design; coordinating project management; all estimating; reporting on deliverables and change order management. He led engineering teams to create structural designs for existing and new structures. He also assisted in the planning of hospital facilities' infrastructure upgrades and MEP systems. Representative projects include: * Two (2) Los Angeles Hospital teams OSHPD * One (1) Northern California Medical Center * 25 Health Clinics OSHPD * 35 hospital imaging projects OSHPD * HVAC, Electrical & Security Systems * ADA Restroom Facility, including MEP and civil infrastructure * Hospital Emergency Generators * Clean Room Facility * Hospital Labs OSHPD Aviation Construction Projects, San Francisco Bay Area - General Contractor, Project Manager, and Estimator. Mr. Cox was the owner of Cox Construction & Development Inc. and was responsible for managing large teams to plan and design; develop estimates, shop drawings, R&D, design-build, hard bid; and sourcing and purchasing. He developed CPM project schedules for large scale projects for schools, department stores, banks, and airports. Representative projects include Division of State Architect (DSA) and California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) construction. For team development/ building he instituted Employee 360 Review and Goal Program for his staff in seven states. To manage information he set up standards, templates and library database for construction drawings, specification and documents. As estimator, he was responsible for creating ground up estimates of construction including annual escalation for bids and worked on RFI change orders. He worked with field engineers; prepared bid, price, and cost analysis for negotiations ranging from facility construction and city civil infrastructure to airports; and maintained labor, equipment, and material databases with Timberline software (Primavera Integration). He was involved in all aspects of his company's projects from inception to close out. He represented his company at project meetings and other field matters relating to project construction. He monitored each project, recorded observations and reported to the airports project administrator on all observations related to completion status, quality of workmanship and compliance with the contract documents.
- Chief Estimator/Project Manager at Cox LLC, Airports, Schools and Hospitals
- Chief Estimator/Project Manager at
at this Job
- B.S. in Finance & Planning - Finance & Planning