• Managed and oversaw 14 operational units: HR Business Operations, Payroll, Employee and Labor Relations, Organizational Development and Learning, Wellness, Worker's Compensation, ADA and EEO/AA, Industrial and Environmental Services, Talent Management, Substance Abuse Program, and Operator Training, with a staff of over 170.
➢ Restructured HR and nontraditional HR units into a multifaceted team, thereby achieving higher productivity while improving service to internal and external customers.
➢ Designed and conducted management training programs concerning supervisory responsibilities, AA/EEO issues including harassment and discrimination prevention and issues concerning diversity, internal investigations, progressive discipline and workplace violence prevention. New Employee Orientation program,
➢ Implemented systems and electronic work processes in multiple units, such as PeopleSoft and PeopleSoft pay, timekeeping, labor negotiations, hiring,
➢ Introduced and implemented a multi-award winning first ever agency wide wellness program.
➢ Managed and tabled multiple labor negotiation. Improved labor relations. Chief negotiator.
➢ Leader in Agency's culture change program and introduced and managed new unit, Organizational Development and Training to lead and maintain the agency wide culture change initiative.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at Human Resources and Payroll
- Human Resources Manager at AC TRANSIT DISTRICT
- Director HR & Operations (Acting) at AQ Drumm Inc
- Self Employed HR Professional at DEE Human Resource Consulting Services
8 years at this Job
- Master in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts
Boston, MA 2017-Present
A leading global provider of investment software solutions.
Senior Managing Director, Chief Human Resources Officer
Recruited to lead the restructuring of the Human Resources function and align to the strategic direction of this Private Equity owned Software company. Report to Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Executive Committee with responsibility for all Human Resources functions for this 1,100 employee business with five US and six international locations, including India, EMEA and APAC.
• Established talent strategy to identify and invest in top talent while identifying emerging leaders. Built out competency model to align with Eze Values and integrate into core people processes.
• Built a multiyear benefits strategy to reduce cost while maintaining a top quartile benefit offering. Overall savings of year one of 10%, focusing on medical plan design, increased employee premiums, RX benefits and broker transition.
• Built out a compensation function including the addition of a Director, with a focus on market pricing our positions, establishing compensation bands and career levels and driving discipline into our compensation approach. With redesign, delivered on budget outcome in first year.
• Led the restructuring of the Research and Development function from five locations to two, leveraging our growth in India. Overall reduction of $3M run rate while expanding teams in India and Boston.
- Senior Managing Director, Chief Human Resources Officer at Eze Software
- Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer at The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer at The BISYS Group Inc
- at The BISYS Group Inc
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Executive Education Program
- MS - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science - Physical Education
Yuma, Arizona / January 2016 - July 2019
Yuma Regional Medical Center is a community-based not-for-profit health system comprised of one 406-bed hospital, a stand-alone cancer treatment center and a growing collection of outpatient clinics. It is the only hospital of significant size within a 180-mile radius and it enjoys one of the busiest Emergency Departments in Arizona. Yuma Regional Medical Center has been the proud recipient of many awards, including "Best Employer" from Forbes Magazine. Chief Human Resources Officer / Administrative Director
Directed a team of up to 35 staff providing the full spectrum of HR functions and housing services to approximately 2,500 employees.
• Developed effective sourcing and branding strategies and tactics to recruit passive candidates and professional hires to a notoriously challenging destination.
• Managed a $2-million recruitment and relocation budget.
• Launched a phased multi-year campaign to redefine the organization's compensation philosophy and redesign the structure accordingly.
• Led the design and implementation of a new self-funded health plan, provider network and TPA, The plan changes yielded a demonstrable improvement in employee engagement survey scores.
• Led the ongoing conversion and implementation of the HR components of a new ERP.
• Oversaw the operation and management of an 84-unit apartment complex, wholly-owned by the hospital, for recruitment and seasonal staffing purposes.
• Conducted workplace investigations, drafted investigative reports and facilitated disciplinary actions in compliance with state and federal law, and consistent with company policy.
• Adopted Lean quality models for different projects at different times.
• Revised and developed new policies in collaboration with organizational leaders.
• Developed and instructed management training classes.
• Facilitated compliance with DNV-GL hospital accreditation standards.
- Chief Human Resources Officer / Administrative Director at Yuma Regional Medical Center
- Director of Human Resources at Cave Creek Unified School District
- Director of Human Resources at John C. Lincoln Health Network
- Consultant / Project Leader at WageWatch.com
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Personnel Management (Human Resources)
One of the nation's largest, best in class provider of senior living options. Five Star Senior Living currently owns/operates over 280 senior living communities with a presence in 32 states and employs approximately 30,000 people.
Chief Human Resources Officer
• Lead all Human Resources functions, providing strategic direction and counsel.
• Continually assess the efficacy of all human resources programs, processes and practices against business plans especially with regard to compensation programs and executive compensation.
• Forecast talent needs and determine appropriate staffing strategies.
• Engage in a continuous effort to find best practices throughout the HR function and in relation to all people management decision making and processes.
• Serve as coach/counsel to senior leadership and other business leaders with regard to complex employee relations matters as well as individual talent development issues.
• Champion change.
• Present proposed HR initiatives, as well as report on results of all HR initiatives before the Board
• Accomplishments to date: -designed and implemented a flexible work schedule in our corporate office (a first in Five Star history) which has led to a decrease in turnover and an uptick in morale. -reorganized the Talent Acquisition function and implemented an up to date Applicant Tracking System (Kenexa) resulting in decreased time to fill and improved talent tracking. -created and implemented the ED Peer Mentoring Program for new Executive Directors which allows them to ramp up faster, thereby adding value to the business sooner. -created and implemented the Rising Star Program for internal, talented, high potential CNAs or others to train to become Executive Directors. -solicited feedback from employees through focus groups to understand their biggest concerns, as a result, changed our health insurance plan and found a way to pay for the improvements. -implemented a new, up to date Performance Management System (Cornerstone). -currently leading the Change Management initiative as Five Star Senior Living implements new HR and Financial Systems, i.e., Workday.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at Five Star Senior Living
- Chief Human Resources Officer/Chief Operating Officer at Quvium, Inc
- Vice President Human Resources at The TJX Companies, Inc
- AVP Human Resources at The TJX Companies, Inc
4 years, 9 months at this Job
Report to the Massachusetts Secretary of Transportation workforce management, compensation and benefits, HR information systems, talent acquisition and learning, employee relations, payroll and processing HR policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees within the Massachusetts Department of Transportation policy/procedure development and union relationship and activities acquisition, and data analytics enhancements and succession planning Key Accomplishments o Transformed HR to a consultative organization by upgrading talent and offering value-added services and programs intended to align closely to business strategy o Implemented succession planning and rotational assignment program o Introduced Service Level Agreements for all HR functions o Improved quality of core HR activities and established a consultative HR service relationship o Implemented HR business partnership model to include center of expertise and operational service center which includes having Human Resource Business Partners embedded within businesses to provide strategic human resource consulting o Implemented recruiting model and talent pipeline approach that decreased position time to fill by 20 days 1 o Implemented enhanced Internship program o Contributed to $4 million savings in highway overtime reduction through workforce utilization and restructuring o Optimized RMV staffing in preparation for the upcoming transition to a new processing software o Re-designed employee relations and termination processes resulting in zero lawsuits In progress: o Branding and MassDOT Value Proposition Initiative o Development of: § HR application for employees and Managers § HR Metrics dashboards § Centralized functional and core competencies to be implemented on an enterprise-wide scale
• Manage HR staff of 57, as well as 3,200 employees
• Responsible for strategic HR business partnerships and execution of HR programs in a heavily unionized transportation
• Maintain executive responsibility for the strategic and operational leadership of HR including HR Business Partners, leave
• Responsible for the development of Human Resources objectives, philosophy, and strategic planning, as well as firm-wide
• Provide coaching to Senior Executives, focusing on talent management, leadership development, and conflict management
• Keep abreast of, and ensure compliance with, applicable laws/regulations and management theories, including
• Develop strategies for the business groups that includes workforce planning, succession planning, talent management, talent
• Lead special projects and workforce initiatives such as employer branding, talent acquisition, workforce planning, process
• Oversee the development, implementation, and coordination of all HR policies and procedures
• Oversee government, legal, and regulatory requirements and/or compliance
Report to the Massachusetts Secretary of Transportation
management, compensation and benefits, HR information systems, talent acquisition and learning, employee relations,
payroll and processing
HR policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees within the Massachusetts Department of Transportation
policy/procedure development and union relationship and activities
acquisition, and data analytics
enhancements and succession planning
o Transformed HR to a consultative organization by upgrading talent and offering value-added services and programs
intended to align closely to business strategy
o Implemented succession planning and rotational assignment program
o Introduced Service Level Agreements for all HR functions
o Improved quality of core HR activities and established a consultative HR service relationship
o Implemented HR business partnership model to include center of expertise and operational service center which includes having Human Resource Business Partners embedded within businesses to provide strategic human
o Implemented recruiting model and talent pipeline approach that decreased position time to fill by 20 days
o Implemented enhanced Internship program
o Contributed to $4 million savings in highway overtime reduction through workforce utilization and restructuring
o Optimized RMV staffing in preparation for the upcoming transition to a new processing software
o Re-designed employee relations and termination processes resulting in zero lawsuits
o Branding and MassDOT Value Proposition Initiative
o Development of:
§ HR application for employees and Managers
§ HR Metrics dashboards
§ Centralized functional and core competencies to be implemented on an enterprise-wide scale
- Chief Human Resources Officer at MassDOT
- Senior Director of Human Resources and Global Project Management at Haemonetics Corporation
- Director of Human Resources at Boston University - Medical Campus
- Assistant Director - Riverside Career Services at Riverside Community Services
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Responsibilities Managing Human Resources Department, training/supervising HR Team and support staff, and orchestrating programs for 450 regular and student employees in a higher-education context. Streamlining/coordinating the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process and administering employee benefit programs. Serving as the Title IX Coordinator, training team members on safety procedures and protocols, assuring federal regulatory compliance, and mitigating sexual harassment incidents and complaints. Consulting with senior leaders and mediating/resolving employee relations conflicts and issues. Leading diversity initiatives, implementing inclusion programs, and cultivating campus-wide appreciation for diversity. Developing performance management programs, processes, and procedures, communicating organization-wide HR strategy, and assuring performance management quality and consistency. Creating a positive work culture, promoting a collaborative team environment, and improving staff morale and retention.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at Luther Seminary
- Director of Human Resources at MVNA
- Interim HR Director at MVNA
- Director of Human Resources at SUMMIT ACADEMY, OIC
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Doctor of Education - Educational Administration and Leadership
- Master's - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's - Liberal Arts
PA to Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and Chief Pensions Officer (CPO) (Temp)
• Diary management/administration
• Diary management and time scheduling:
• Ability to resolve timing conflicts with awareness and understanding of relative seniority and importance of meetings
• Maintaining an overview of the daily schedule and managing travel and timekeeping; confidence to interrupt meetings where necessary to ensure schedule is kept
• Pro-actively review forward meetings agendas with the CFO, CHRO CPO as and when required
• Ensure documents for meetings are printed out in advance (if appropriate)
• Liaising with conference organisers for engagements for the CFO, CHRO and CPO attends
• Organise meetings and events, as/when required, including: Away Days Social events (internal and external) for Finance and Pensions departments
• Dealing efficiently and confidentially with internal and external correspondence, emails and telephone calls, incoming and outgoing. Filtering and prioritising appropriate
• Tracking response times on correspondence that has been delegated for action, working with the communications team to set corporate SLA's for responses, and to ensure compliance
• Creation and maintenance of filing systems for electronic and paper correspondence
• Checking the email inbox as agreed with each client
• Creating, drafting, editing and formatting of letters, reports and presentations in Word and or/Powerpoint
• Spreadsheet preparation
• Responsibility for review of committee agendas and ensuring staff in CFO, CHRO and CPO teams are alerted to, and chased for, committee papers due from then
• Liaising closely with the Company Secretarial team on commit paper documentation as required
• Ensuring effective scheduling of regular catch-ups with Direct Reports of CFO, CHRO and CPO
• Management and scheduling of appraisal processes for direct reports - CFO, CHRO and CPO
• Organise travel for the CFO, CHRO and CPO including accommodation, visa's, currency and itineraries. Assist and/or advise others in Finance, HR and Pension teams where capacity
• Provide accurate and timely Barclaycard reconciliation and out of pocket submissions for CFO, CHRO and CPO as well as ad hoc requirements for finance and service delivery teams
• Support procurements team in PO review and other ad hoc work
- PA to Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Human Resources Officer at USS
- PA/Exec Assistant to MD (Temp) at Stateside Foods
- PA to Ops Director at Sodexo
- Office Manager at MWH
3 months at this Job
- Diploma - English
- GCSE's - Maths and Science
VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES Senior HR oversight for a equity-owned, multi-site site technical service and manufacturing
operation. Following acquisitions, developed consistent policies, procedures, and practices for the HR function throughout the company. Focus on creating and growing value.
• Member of the executive team, responsible for developing the strategic direction of the company
• Established HR strategies which supported organizational strategies, including succession planning, total compensation, forecasting staffing, and establishing performance metrics which supported staffing models
• Implementation of a new payroll system which allowed us to consolidate payroll processing for ten sites, reducing costs and increasing access to information
• Annual review of all health and welfare plans to manage ongoing costs and provide plans which support the needs of the employees
• Developed a consolidated employee handbook, including a Compliance Program, based on the company's core vision and values
• Implemented an Employee Self Service online access system, which eliminated the printing and distribution of direct deposit slips (took the entire company to direct deposit only) and provided them with access to PTO, benefits, and other employee information; implemented online training tracking and compliant reporting
• Planned and implemented several RIF's as cost saving measures following the acquisitions
• Updated the hiring/onboarding process; implemented hiring in a highly secure environment, including background checking and drug screening; support ongoing customer audits which ensure compliance to agreed upon hiring standards
• Implemented an Affirmative Action Plan
• Created a Corporate Safety Committee, which further developed a Corporate Safety Manual, to ensure the health and safety of our employees
• Improved employee communications, including both paper (company newsletter) and electronic (SharePoint site) communications; developed a webcast Town Hall process which allowed us to broadcast town halls across the organization; implemented the CEO Monthly Minute, a video broadcast which supports continuous corporate communications
- CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER at REVSPRING, INC
- VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES at CAYMAN CHEMICAL
- Consultant at RESOURCE DEVELOPMENTS, INC
- Corporate Director of Human Resources at ORCHID ORTHOPEDIC SOLUTIONS
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.S. - Human Resources
- B.S. - Labor and Industrial Relations
• Executive team member that demonstrates advanced knowledge of leading and proven human resources/human capital management principles and practices including those pertaining to talent management, benefits administration, diversity and inclusion, performance management, employee engagement and organizational development/change with demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
• Evaluate and revised training plans across the Center to include cost savings of over $10,000.
• Devised staffing and human resources practices that allowed Edgewater to achieve an average of 7% revenue growth since 2014 with 14% less employees, yielding improved revenues.
• Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
• Integral part of evaluation and analysis involving performance, personnel and financial impact across all programs during major re-organization of Center in efforts to increase productivity, client relations in aligning company vision and goals.
• Reduced recruiting cost by over 75%.
• Acted as project manager of various revisions and implantation in efforts to reduce cost, improve processes, increase efficient and better customer service experience for employees.
• Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
• Create program budgets and manages day to day financial planning.
• Improved employee workforce proactivity by 12% by creating an effective recruitment strategy.
- CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER at Edgewater Health
- HR MANAGER at Majestic Star Casino and Hotel
- RECRUITMENT MANAGER at Majestic Star Casino and Hotel
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Coralville, Iowa 2015 to 2018 A start-up company with multiple health care related business units. Chief Human Resources Officer Full responsibility for all human resources functions. Responsibilities included benefit and compensation program design, acquisitions (4), divestures, facility closures, staffing, WARN Act administration, etc.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at UNIVERSITY OF IOWA HEALTH VENTURES
- Director of Compensation at UNIVERSITY OF IOWA HEALTH CARE
- Director of Compensation at UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI HEALTH CARE
- Compensation Consultant at NEWPAGE CORPORATION
3 years at this Job
- MBA - Personnel and Industrial Relations
- BA - Personnel Administration