New York City, New York OrionGroup provides HR executives to organizations for medium and long-term assignments. Defining and executing enterprise-wide performance standards and talent management processes that drive alignment with short- and long-term strategic corporate goals and initiatives. CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (OrionGroup Contract) Teachers Retirement System of New York (2017 - 2019)
- CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER at OrionGroup LLP
- Director at HRIS, Commonwealth of Massachusetts PERAC
- TALENT & CHANGE MANAGEMENT PRACTICE LEADER at PA Consulting
- VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES at Right Management, a Manpower Group
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts - Post-Graduate Work
Pensacola, Florida 2014-Present
Local Government serving roughly 56,000 residents, 700+ employees, Annual Budget of roughly $700,000
Chief Human Resources Officer Responsible for all operations within the Human Resources Office to include a staff of ten (10) employees
Working in functional areas to include benefits, recruiting, training, classification, compensation, budget, wellness, the City Clinic (2 RNs) pay roll, records/retention destruction, public records, employee relations, labor relations as well as any other facet deemed to be housed in our Office. Hired to serve as a change manager while also helping to create and implement effective and efficient long and short term human capital management strategies. I shaped the Human Resources Office and related staff into being reliable and proactive business partners for our various departments/offices. I identified needs and services that our office should be providing in support of the Administration and as a resource to our management team. I undertook a number of projects and tasks as well as looking to revise, eliminate, and develop policies and procedures for the betterment of the City some of which include:
• Implemented a new performance management system with intent to tie to a pay for performance compensation strategy.
• Implemented a new formal job evaluation system and methodology.
• Implemented a new electronic application and on-boarding system.
• Executed collective bargaining agreements and nearly eliminated the number of grievances filed between the City and its' five (5) collective bargaining units.
• Completed audit and classification studies for the multiple City Departments including the Airport, Port, and Pensacola Energy (the City's natural gas company).
• Redesigned the Employee Recognition Program and New Employee Orientation.
• Developed and implemented training programs for our employees.
• Reduced and eliminated unnecessary steps in the hiring practices our of Public Safety employees.
• Conducted recruitment efforts for several executive level positions as well as reaching out into the community to identify alternative options for succession planning.
• Established excellent business relationships with local staffing agencies as needed to meet staffing needs in short and sometimes no prior notice circumstances.
• Established business relationships with local schools and universities for purposes of recruitment.
• Redesigned the delivery and availability of vendors and providers during multiple benefit enrollment cycles.
• Ensured City compliance with changing FLSA standards and ACA requirements.
• Successfully removed individuals from our organizations that did not add value (at all levels).
• Identified more cost efficient, and in some case no cost, options to source applicants for positions at all level in the organization (City Attorney, Airport Director, CIO, etc.).
• Partnered with Technology Resources to create a computer lab for City Hall.
• Identified problems with the City's background check processes/provider and implemented a solution to meet our and enrolled the City to be an active participant with E-Verify.
• Worked with Technology Resources to update the Human Resources internal and external websites.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at City of Pensacola
- Chief Human Resource Analyst at Hillsborough County
- Operations Analyst at City of Jacksonville
- Senior Benefits Analyst at City of Jacksonville
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
Dubai, UAE Leading international master-planning, infrastructure, building design and project management firm headquartered in the Middle East. Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) 2016 - 2019 Reporting to the CEO, lead a team of HR professionals internationally (UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Morocco, South Africa, UK) supporting major change initiatives across the business, including a restructuring of the core delivery model as well as building the HR infrastructure to a world class level. Serve as strategic advisor to the Board on Executive Compensation and as a Member of the Nomination, Remuneration and Governance Committee. Key Accomplishments: ✓ Executive Succession - developed a Succession Plan for the Board and led the seamless transition to a new CEO and leadership team. Developed new Partnership Equity program and Partnership Assessment process. ✓ Talent Acquisition - created a new Talent Acquisition function - focused on pipelining candidates, use of online tools and social media and improving the employee experience - team recently nominated for Middle East Award (Linkedin) - no use of agencies since team launched - 200 plus hires in the last 9 months. ✓ Talent Management - created a new Talent Management function - developed a new Performance Management process - automated the objectives cascade, training needs analysis and competency assessment processes - developed KPIs that have been integrated into a company Balanced Scorecard. ✓ HR Information System (HRIS) - implemented new HRIS system - Payroll/Core Data/Performance Management modules - a new Applicant Tracking System to be implemented by the end of the year. ✓ Compensation and Benefits - implemented a new job evaluation system, company salary bands and bonus structure, company compensation policy and professional position profiles - with the first ever structured salary review process targeted for April 2019. ✓ Employee Engagement - championed and led the rollout of an Employee Engagement survey and action planning process - participation increased from 37% to 73% and the company engagement score increased by 20% - from 60% to 71% positive.
- Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) at SSH INTERNATIONAL
- President at AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL CONSULTING
- Vice President, Human Resources, UK and Ireland, London at ALSTOM GROUP
- Group Vice President, Compensation at
3 years at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- MPA - credits remaining
Chief human resources officer for a public university with 23,000 students employing over 4000 staff and faculty. Primary focus on strategic design of people processes and systems to include talent acquisition, compensation, training, organization development, human resources information systems, employee safety and staff/faculty/labor relations.
• Developed and facilitated a realignment of the department structure from a traditional administrative focus to more consultative and strategic partnering.
• Implemented work climate survey process to assess faculty and staff opinions that affect employee engagement.
• Coordinated the development and establishment of key HR metrics to help facilitate decision-making.
• Facilitated the recruiting and selection process for key executive positions including Provost/Executive VP. CFO and General Counsel
• Manage a staff of 30 FT employees (8 direct reports)
- Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer at Towson University
- Adjunct Instructor at Towson University
- Director of Human Resources at City of Raleigh NC
- Director at Human Resources and Safety, Chandler Concrete, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Role Description & Achievements: * Initially hired as the Human Resources Director for the organization and promoted within six (6) months to Chief Human Resources Officer (VP Level Executive). * As the Chief Human Resources Officer, was responsible for oversight and supervision of the Human Resources Department. * Further, simultaneously, as the CIO (3/2011-3/2015); and Quality and Safety Assurance Director (12/2011-10/2012) managed the IT Services and Quality Safety and Assurance Departments. * In addition, was also a member of the Senior Executive Senior Team (Senior Executive VP-Level), who developed strategic plans and implemented change management processes based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other objective metrics that supported and strengthened the organization’s overall mission, vision and goals. * Work closely with the Board of Directors Personnel Policy Committee and CEO. * Areas of particular emphasis included Employee Relations (Conflict Resolution, Mediation, Labor Laws, and Personnel Policies & Procedures); Recruitment (HRIS, On-Boarding, Training, Retention); Benefits & Compensation (Salary Surveys, Regulatory Compliance, etc.). * Increased recruitment & retention of employees by 27% by better utilization of the Internet, HRIS automated systems, and multi-tier training that includes sustainment & (fast-track) career ladder development training. * Rewrote all of the Employee Personnel Policies and Procedures and facilitated training to all management and line-staff that resulted in a 95% reduction in EEOC complaints and only three (3) unemployment insurance claims and appeals for a seven (7) year period (2010-2017). * Spearheaded HIPAA Security Rule project team, which included technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect electronic health information (ePHI). Also developed materials and schedules for facilitating the training throughout the organization for all levels of management and line employees. * Developed an effective multi-tier training program utilizing remote instructional design and curriculum development tools for all employees for the last employers that encompassed 28 sites in seven counties in the State of New Mexico through the Internet, Intranet, Extranet, webinars, video conferencing, (internal) share-point & social media. This resulted in the improvement of succession and remedial training, as well as a reduction in the employee turnover rate by 35%. * Developed and Implemented a Spanish Interpreter/Translator Program, which included creating bilingual materials for training and certifying employees as Patient Interpreters and Translators. * Negotiated a 13% reduction in a comprehensive, competitive and cost effective employee compensation & benefit plans (i.e., medical, dental and vision) with Carriers, as a result of reducing employee utilization by 25%. * Reduced the Workers Comp Modifier from 1.23 to .75 at a cost savings of $50,000 per year in premiums. * Conducted annual compensation and salary surveys & set pay matrices, as well as advised management regarding compensation laws & regulations.
- Chief Human Resources Officer at El Centro Family Health
- University Instructor at University of Phoenix
- Administrator at New Mexico Secretary of State's Office
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Master's - Human Resources Management
- Bachelor's Degree - (BA & AA) - Psychology & Spanish
- Bachelor's Degree - (BA & BA) - Theology & Biblical Counseling
• Manage, control and direct all Human Resource functions and services for University resources and Departments and Divisions including Academic, Research, and Operational entities.
• Collaborate with University leadership to understand priorities and concerns with existing Human Relations processes and methods.
• Re-align existing Human Resources staff functions and responsibilities to improve processes, integration, direction and philosophy with all University units and departments.
• Review, develop and direct training needs for executive, middle management and staff to support strategic growth initiatives.
• Advice University leadership on Human Resources policy, procedures, operations, employee relations, recruitment and employment, wage and hour, salary, record keeping, training, benefits, regulatory compliance, and any other relevant employee centered issues and concerns.
• Effective and proactive liaison with all departments including Executive Leadership, legal, Compliance, Audit, Academic, Student and operations.
• Active participation in development of University Strategic Plan, Accreditation, and growth strategies.
• As Senior Employee Relations Specialist & Title IX Coordinator and transitioning to Interim Chief Human resources Officer revised HR policies and procedures to be in compliance with State and federal regulations and Laws; developed and implemented CDU website compliance with title IX and other regulatory programs; led initiatives to enhance title IV and ADA compliance; and developed and provided comprehensive PowerPoint Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Training Program.
- Interim Chief Human resources Officer at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
- Senior Employee Relations Specialist & Title IX Coordinator at State and Federal
- EEO Compliance Officer/Hearing Officer at NATIONAL RAILROAD PASSENGER CORPORATION
- Litigation Paralegal at HOLLAND & KNIGHT LLP
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor of Science of Law & Law Review - Law & Law
- B.A. - Rhetoric
Group Chief Human Resources Officer (Regional), for a leading family owned conglomerate, in Saudi Arabia, reporting directly to the Group Executive Vice Chairman and responsible for developing and executing the Group's human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The HR transformation includes the roll out of strategic plans in the areas of OE & Change Management, Talent & Workforce Management, Performance Management & Reward, Succession Planning, Compensation & Benefits, and Learning & Development. Geographic scope includes: KSA, UAE, Qatar, Oman, UK; ~50,000ee's. (4/17 - Present)
• Spearheaded an Organization Effectiveness Review that led to a cost reduction of SAR ~100M (KSA & UAE) and included the development of a new target operating model to empower the project organization with functional matrix support along with clear functional statements, JDs, KPIs, delegation of authority, and governance.
• Developed Group HR Strategic Objectives across multiple lines of businesses with a new HR Operating Model, Calendar, Functional Plan, and Policy & Procedure manual with refreshed Company Employee Value Proposition and desired market position on Pay & Benefits followed by the direct engagement with staff across the sites to explain the rationale and underlying philosophy on the transformational changes planned.
• Designed, implemented, and rolled-out a robust performance review process that ensures performance differentiation, peer-to-peer calibration, and budget adherence with integrated action planning relative to performance either through progression pull through for high performers and performance improvement planning for underperformers.
• Embedded Talent Management philosophy & process to drive early identification and development of future leaders, succession planning, core technical competency development, and local capability building to facilitate the Saudization strategy in support of Vision 2030.
• Completed a Pay & Job Evaluation Review and developed a competitive pay & benefits scale to attract/retain talent while addressing Pay Compression via a merit multiplier.
• Introduced Employee Engagement philosophy and regular survey to proactively measure the engagement index and developed action plans to enhance employee relations across the Kingdom.
• Implemented a number of ERP (Oracle Fusion) HR modules to drive digitization and paperless HR functionality (i.e., HCM, Payroll, Performance Mgn't, Goal Setting, Taleo, Learning, Talent, T&A).
- Group Chief Human Resources Officer at KSA & UAE
- CHRO at EL SEIF INVESTMENTS
- HR VP Talent & Development at
- at SHELL
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Organizational Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Oversees daily HR operations for 52 Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy and Civilian HR professionals. Direct HR Services that impact more than 72,000 civilian and military service members on a global scale. Lead operations oversight for six departments that oversee essential personnel services, strength management, casualty operations and joint personnel information systems, and senior leader development.
* Manage and direct incentive pay, special pay programs, requisitions and core HR responsibilities across the entire enterprise.
* Discussed directly with executive leadership in overall operations and support for Human Resources initiatives.
• Handpicked by the HR Director to serve as the Chief Human Resources Officer over more senior candidates due to extensive knowledge and expertise of joint HR operations.
• Turnaround of an inefficient program by partnering with program leadership that delivered an increase in efficiency from 7% to 99%.
• Key contributor in deployment and integration of the Defense Ready System, a premier enterprise-grade HR management system.
- Personnel Division Chief Human Resources Officer at Manpower
- Human Resources Director at United States Army
- Senior Human Resources Manager at United States Army
- Senior Human Resources Manager at United States Army
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.S. - Business
Oak Park, IL 2013 - Present Consulting firm offering services in training design and delivery, technical assistance, recruitment and placement, evaluation, executive coaching, and travel logistics. Chief Human Resources Officer Reporting to the CEO, established a full-service HR function. Developed and implemented innovative HR policies, practices and strategy for all functions, including executive and non-executive compensation, benefits, talent management, management succession planning and employee development.
- Chief Human Resources Officer VP Human Resources at CHP International
- HR Consultant at RRW & Associates
- Corporate Vice President, Human Resources at Trustmark Insurance Company
- Corporate Vice President, Human Resources at Quill Corporation
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.B.A. - Marketing
- B.S. - Personnel Management
Recruited to this New Mountain Capital healthcare company (~$850M) as a key executive to provide disciplined leadership and actionable insights to guide several crucial HR functions to optimize company culture, alignment, growth, and valuation. Specifically positioned to architect company turnaround by building human capital capability - aligning structure, developing talent and systems/processes to drive results, and continuous improvement. ✓ Trusted advisor and partner to CEO / C-suite with significant Board-level interface and exposure to company governance protocols and executive-level compensation practices. ✓ Successfully led HR diligence and integration efforts for three acquisitions adding $210M in topline revenue, whereby increasing company valuation by > 45%. ✓ Improved human capital capability across >18 nationwide distribution centers to enable accelerated growth objectives. ✓ Negotiated temporary labor cost reductions of $750K (30%) and reduced enterprise turnover by 20%, safety-related "days lost" by 67%, and recordable events by 59%. ✓ Direct involvement in the planning and implementation of business development and expansion strategies to include strategic acquisitions - ensured synergy attainment by proactively managing the integration of resources and workforces. ✓ Designed and introduced talent assessment and leadership development programs utilized at the Board of Directors level and throughout the organization to unlock individual/team potential to a competitive advantage. ✓ Strategic business partner to executive team by taking an active role in shaping the company's long-range vision and strategy - and aligning the people and organization to create long-term shareholder value. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONT.)
- Chief Human Resources Officer at Medical Specialties Distributors
- Director, Organizational Development at Cardinal Health
- HR Business Partner at Nationwide Insurance
- Corporate HR Generalist at BISYS
2 years at this Job
- M.A. - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- B.A. - Management & Labor Relations