Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Humanscale - Transforming technology from cost center to business enabler As the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Humanscale, the premier designer, and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work, I lead the way in defining the IT strategy and upgrading the technology infrastructure to support the business. In my role as CIO, I see myself as the organization’s “Chief Change Agent,” responsible for identifying and deploying solutions that meet the strategic, long-term goals of the organization.
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Humanscale
- Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer (SVP/CIO) at Extensis Group
- Chief IT Strategist at Ulticom, Inc
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Marvel Entertainment, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Cyber Security Certificate
- - Executive Management Program
Supervisory IT Specialist (Chief Information Officer), GS-15 Responsible for providing direction, management, and solving operational and strategic problems for the U.S. Parole Commission Information Technology equipment, infrastructure, and personnel. Additional responsibilities include analysis, operational management, IT project management, programs, operational plans, schedules, and work plans, budgets, preparing reports for higher headquarters and for presentation to congressional offices, coordinating with partner agencies, and customer advocacy. *Managed and supervised developers, technicians, and administrative personnel *Planned, designed, and implemented a new paperless office automation strategy *Planned, established, and implemented program goals and strategies *Planned, designed, and implemented a full service, secure, collaboration extranet portal. *Collaborates with partner agencies to advocate and implement data sharing strategies *Updated, implemented, and conducted training plans for all USPC staff on policies, procedures, equipment and software standardization for the program and operational goals. *Managed organization wide, and inter-organizational projects *Developed and maintained the Cyber Security plan for all USPC IT systems.
- Chief Information Officer at U.S. Parole Commission
- National VMS Program Manager, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration at National Marine Fisheries Service, Office for Law Enforcement
- Director at Networking and Telecommunications, Tennessee State University
- Telecommunications Analyst at Vanderbilt University
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy in Organization and Management - Information Technology
- Master of Science - Organizational and Human Resource Development
- Bachelor of Science - Occupational Technology
- Associate in Applied Science - Logistics Management
- Associate in Applied Science - Electronic Systems Technology
• 2012 to 2018 (A $100 million nonprofit, faith-based organization with 500 staff, 9 individual campuses, providing educational institutions, radio/TV production, houses of worship, pastoral training centers, and international outreach programs) Chief Information Officer - Scope of duties consist of leading infrastructure, network, security, application, management, and budgeting objectives. Additionally, served in partnership with senior-level leaders to align, deliver, and achieve business mission and wide-spread organizational objectives. Designed within a 3 month period a highly available low-latency multicast network to live stream church services across 8 campuses in the greater Chicago area to 15,000+ individuals every weekend to ensure uninterrupted services that were delivered 2+ years with no downtime.
- Chief Information Officer at Harvest Bible Chapel
- HP, Aruba, Cisco, Watchguard at Multi-Protocol Data and Storage Networks
- Sr. System Architect, Network and Information Security at Marketing Innovators International, Inc
- at Marketing Innovators International, Inc
6 years at this Job
St. Louis, Missouri 2014 - Manufacturer and distributor of sewing machines, vacuum cleaners, ceiling fans, and commercial floor care equipment.
Chief Information Officer
Responsible for the strategic planning and tactical execution of all facets of the IT Organization. Functions include hardware infrastructure planning and support, desktop support, network support, ERP development, testing and support, database upgrades and support, and telecommunications with a staff of 25 employees and contractors. Total budget at $5.2 M.
• Lead company through an extensive ERP/MRP installation (Epicor ERP 10.1)
• Established an internal Web Development Team to support and refresh 50+ web sites
• Lead the retooling effort of the entire organization from a Unidata to a .Net architecture
• Architected and implemented an enterprise-wide Business Intelligence solution consisting of Microsoft Power BI.
- Chief Information Officer at Tacony Corporation
- at Pretium Packaging
- Vice President - Information Technologies at Pretium Packaging
- Senior Director at Service Bureau Operations of IP and Emerging Services
5 years at this Job
- Master of Information Management - Telecommunications and Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Application Development
The Chief Information Officer serves as the lead figure in assuring shared information services are provided to a three college
consortium. This position oversees a shared data center and staff, while providing leadership and strategic direction to several
functional teams and college administration.
• Ramped up cyber security improvement efforts to include specific training (e.g., SANS), participation in professional associations (e.g., ISSA), and involvement in federal and state programs.
• Successfully renegotiated a long-standing Oracle PeopleSoft (ERP) contract (in place since 1998), yielding a cost reduction and no cost escalation over a 5-year period. Also secured a 3-year help desk renewal with only CPI adjustments.
• Working closely with an overseas vendor and college IT directors, took control and brought closure to a long overdue Single Sign-On project.
• Gained the trust and respect of the presidents, board, and teams by leading the organization through a process that provides for continuous improvement and a shared strategic direction.
- Chief Information Officer at WILM CONSORTIUM
- Adjunct Faculty at WILM CONSORTIUM
- Information Technology Operations Director at WILM CONSORTIUM
- Vice President - Information Technology at EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT ASSOCIATION
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.B.A - Management Information Systems
Richardson, TX) 04/2012-10/2018
A 1.5 Billion Credit Union with 13 branches, 38 ATM's and over 260 employees.
Chief Information Officer
Part of the team recruited to turnaround Texans Credit Union and restore it to its members after being taken into Conservatorship in 2011. "Working in collaboration with NCUA and Texas Credit Union
Department, Texans new management team saved their credit union from certain failure." (NCUA 06/17/16). Played a vital role in achieving Net Income record highs 2012-16 and Net Worth growth in top 1%, exceeding a 1.50% ROA, while maintaining Net Operating expenses well below it's piers.
Provided the overall strategic and tactical direction for Texans Credit Union's Information Technology;
Systems, Network, Information Security, Business Continuity, Service Desk, Operations, Business Analysts, and Enterprise Project Management functions. Oversight and analysis of new technologies in efforts leading to new and improved systems, products, software, operations and efficiencies. Executive management team-member developing and implementing long-range strategic credit union objectives.
Lead and mentor a team of professionals who are accountable for the delivery of information technology services and support.
• Realigned and revitalized a technology staff of over 20 team members after the credit union was taken into conservatorship.
• Created the highest ranked service delivery team in the credit union focused on the member, product development, efficiencies and the end user experience.
• Led the credit unions Request for Proposal and Due Diligence process to review existing and new systems to align with the long term strategic plans of the credit union.
• Established the Project Management office to lead the credit union through multi-year projects designed to increase income, efficiencies, and member service across all delivery channels.
• Initiated formal Change Control process and external 3rd party IT Audit functions; managed Network Security Assessment, IT General Controls, ACET, and Security Risk Assessments.
• Responsible for IT NCUA examinations resulting in year over year results with zero significant findings. Established and Chaired the IT Steering Committee.
• Managed key strategic vendor relationships, negotiating large discounts to contracts and constantly re- evaluating existing relationships to optimize service and ROI.
• Forged strong partnerships with each business unit within the organization facilitating the collaboration needed to support the strategic plan, meeting both regulatory needs and long-range plans for growth.
• Oversaw the updating of key strategic infrastructure needed to assure security, stability and redundancy.
• Key contributor in the development and implementation of the credit unions strategic plan and led Team Day development and planning
- Chief Information Officer at Texans Credit Union
- Director at Finastra, D&H
- Partner at Community Banking Solutions, LLC
- Vice President/Information Technology and Operations at BB&T
6 years, 6 months at this Job
PUA is one of the largest pediatric urology groups in the US. PPM Solutions specializes in Medical Billing, Software Implementation and Physician / Office Management services. Chief Information Officer Plan and direct projects for the integration of technology to increase the efficacy of the business. Obtain data, analyze, propose solutions and implement processes to enhance or correct key issues found. Use information form analysis to create plans for business growth. Approve purchases for all hardware and software, plan the implementation of these systems and work with key vendors to get them implemented. Cultivate and maintain partnerships with various vendors and companies which further enhance the efficacy of the company. Key accomplishments: → Overhauled and designed entire network to enhance communication time between all offices as well as third party vendors, while tightening security. Increased the speed of information returned over the network and decreased the amount of downtime by placing key failsafe points within the network → Increase revenue by analyzing data and trends to identify deficits, proposing solutions and implementing them across all offices. → Increased efficiency in the offices by adding new technology that streamlined job functionality, which in turn decreased manual labor while increasing the amount of correct data collected and enhancing the client experience. Director of Project Management Plan and direct projects for this joint venture, including custom software design / upgrades / implementations (specs to development to QA), HW/SW integrations, conversions, and client acquisition processes (i.e. server and software installations, user training, troubleshooting, process development). Develop front, middle, and back office processes to increase efficiency. Wear many hats: create client proposals, internal processes, and business plans; recruit, hire and manage staff. Key accomplishments: → Expanded business by 50% and brought company to the next level - spearheaded creation of 2 new departments and increased functional capabilities. − Persuaded senior management of the ability to leverage personal software mastery to accommodate diverse client base. − Created innovative proposal accepted by a large hospital group for services not previously offered. → Designed and developed organizational website and wrote marketing communications to attract and secure new clients.
- Chief Information Officer at PEDIATRIC UROLOGY ASSOCIATES
- Senior Project Manager / Business Analyst at ROSS COMPUTER SYSTEMS
- Senior Project Manager at COMPLEX CORPORATION
10 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Graphic Design
Weston, FL /Newark, NJ 2008 to Present
Information Technology firm offering Security & Strategic management services to Startup, SMB & Fortune 1000 clients.
Chief Information Officer
Producing as CIO providing Security, Strategic and Project/Product management leadership to organizations.
• Leadership in driving new customer impacting initiatives across multiple business functions/brands
• Successfully executed complex global business systems inclusive of change management by partnering with other business leaders.
• To allow executives to make better-informed data driven business decisions, Implemented Business Intelligence program. This led to actionable data driving project portfolio management of capital expenditures.
• To ensure delivery of product to our clients, built out the Program Management Office through strategic vendor partnerships, scalable process creation and FTE talent acquisition.
• To meet client requirements for scalable and highly available infrastructure, rolled out our Dev, QA, UAT and production environments on Microsoft Azure cloud platform, including Dev-Ops automation and Highly Available Geo-Redundancy.
• To enhance security and reduce risk to organization, built and led Information Security team, consisting of Manager and Security Analyst. This allowed organization to become HIPAA and PCI compliant while reducing overall enterprise risk.
• To go through digital transformation, created technology roadmap; Digital Marketing, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan for organization. This allowed organization to be leader in its competitive market.
• To increase Casino's competitive advantage, Completed Aristocrat to Bally's Gaming software platform migration for over 1200 slot machines. Lead to increased promotion capabilities and reporting.
• To enhance the patient experience and better capture revenue, Managed migration of Electronic Health Records system to new platform. This led to increase of $40K/monthly revenue and better patient care.
• Looking to optimize costs and maximize value to the business, led Successful implementation of Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure that led to 15% cost savings and efficiencies.
• To enhance productivity, implemented Cloud strategy enterprise wide including Exchange to Office365 migration, Azure and SharePoint online. This led to enhanced employee productivity and capabilities while reducing costs.
• To maximize resources and reduce dependency on vendors, Completed an Organizational Redesign including cross training. This led to significant cost savings of 40% on budget.
• Delivered CRM Program, utilizing Oracle Siebel, that was a key enabler for Horizon's healthcare reform strategy by integrating sales, marketing and service processes to deliver a consumer centric differentiated experience across all segments of the enterprise.
• To reduce organizations' software license audit risk, implemented a software license management system, reconciled data and improved processes. This decreased liability from $16MM to $1.2 MM.
- Chief Information Officer at JLS Technology USA
- Sr Director, IT Service Delivery at IncentOne Inc
- Sr. IT Project Manager at Iron Mountain Inc
- Project Manager/Systems Engineer at MDC Services
11 years at this Job
- Masters Certificate - Executive Leadership
- MBA - Project Management
- B.S. - Information Technology-Information Security
Washington, District of Columbia October 2018 - Present
Mary's Center is a $60 million non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center providing outpatient services in Washington, D.C. and Maryland. Patient services consist of primary care, integrated behavioral health, dental services and women, infants and children nutritional programs, home health care, a mobile dental unit, and a Charter School. Most recent innovative practices have been added to include telehealth medicine, and sonography clinic. The primary care network has five (5) existing clinics that also include elder care communities. Mary's Center currently employs over 650 staff members.
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Collaborate with the senior leadership team, working to achieve Mary's Center financial goals, improving customer service quality, training staff, and implementing the latest technologies.
• Develop and manage a $3.8M budget and staff located across 6 sites in Washington DC and Maryland.
• Work closely with the senior leadership team on multiple expansion projects in building the IT infrastructure for new sites and integrate it with existing network.
• Develop a disaster recovery, and network redundancy plans to ensure high availability up time.
• Contract with new vendors for enhancing the network monitoring and security, offering Network Operating Center (NOC), and Security Operating Center (SOC).
• Continue working on the cloud migration strategy to reduce cost by minimizing hardware footprint, while improving efficiency.
• Collaborate with other department heads on developing a new website, and implementing an emergency communications system.
• Develop a detailed work plan to upgrade the EMR system to the cloud version and integrate it with new tools to reduce cost and improve the daily operational workflows. These tools include Kiosk for patient check in, and Healow for scheduling appointments online.
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Mary's Center
- Director of Information Technology at Mary's Center
- Change Delivery Lead, Department of Technology Services (DTS) at Arlington County Government
- Business Analyst/Project Manager, PMO of Information Technology Services (ITS) at AARP
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Information Systems Technology - Information Systems Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Information Systems
Tulsa OK Provider-owned health plan with multiple lines of business, including Commercial and Medicare Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President (2018 - current)
- Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President at CommunityCare
- Chief Information Officer at
- Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President at Noridian Mutual Insurance Company
- Chief Architect at Highmark Health Solutions
1 year at this Job