I am the Chief Investment Officer at Dynasty Financial Partners, a provider of outsourced research, tech- nology, and practice management solutions to RIAs and brokers making the move to independence. Dy-
nasty currently serves ~45-50 firms advising on ~$25-$30 billion in assets.
• As the head of the Dynasty Investment Committee, I am a Co-Portfolio Manager for ~$700-$800 mil- lion in "OCIO" managed model portfolios - asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selec- tion, and ongoing portfolio management.
• I act as the Chief Investment Strategist for Dynasty, producing monthly, quarterly, and periodic macro- economic and investment outlooks.
• I sit on the Investment Committees of >15 firms within the Dynasty network of advisors.
• Significant support role in all business development and relationship management activities with ex- isting and prospective clients.
• I act as a "public voice and face" for the Dynasty Investment Research offering through frequent pub- lic speaking, publishing, and media interactions.
- CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER at DYNASTY FINANCIAL PARTNERS
- CO-FOUNDER, EVP, & CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER at FORTIGENT, LLC
- at FORTIGENT, LLC
- Senior Managing Director of Investment Research & Strategy at Wealth Management, I
4 years at this Job
- M.B.A. - Finance
- B.S. - Mathematics
- Conducted research on global disruptors and volatility indicators - Compiled notes on daily debriefings regarding shifting investment patterns - Presented findings to the Chief Investment Officer to include in his personal database
- Chief Investment Officer's Office at Emirates NBD
- Research Assistant at EmiratesNBD
- staff in Modern Academy at Headed School Mentoring Team
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics
- - Physics, Chemistry
Dallas, TX 2009 to Present
Real estate investment and advisory firm whose clients and partners include investment firms, high net-worth individuals and family trusts. Target sectors: core, core-plus and value-add industrial, retail and office buildings located in Texas.
Chief Investment Officer / COO
Founder of an eight (8) employee organization whose responsibilities included the leadership of acquisitions/dispositions and investment management functions. Services include all phases of the acquisition life cycle including identification, underwriting, negotiating, due diligence and closing. Clients and partners include Westmount Capital, Dunhill Partners, Granite Properties, The Retail Connection and Hudson Realty Capital. Selected accomplishments include:
• Operating general partner responsible for the management, leasing and exit strategies for 15 shopping centers totaling approximately 1M square feet, 10 industrial properties totaling over 3M square feet and 4 office buildings totaling over 300,000 square feet located in Texas.
• Oversight of a leasing team that sourced, negotiated and executed over 130 leases representing over 750K square feet of industrial, retail, and office space.
• Oversight of a sales team responsible for closing 25 sale transactions valued at approximately $275M of owned assets providing an average of 20+% return to the investors.
• Joint venture partnership with Marcus & Millichap's Ft Worth office to lead a four (4) member investment sales team focused on private client industrial properties in Texas. Used a hands-on approach by integrating relationships, market knowledge, and market information to close over $50M of industrial properties.
- Chief Investment Officer / COO at Baker Equity Holdings, LLC
- Senior Vice President at The Retail Connection, Inc
- Vice President, Acquisitions at American Industrial Properties REIT
- Vice President, Acquisitions / Asset Management at Patriot American Advisors Corporation
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Real Estate Finance - Real Estate Finance
- - Industrial
March 2014 - December 31,2018 Chief Investment Officer / Chief Operating Officer / Director of Secondary Marketing / Trade Desk ◦ Financial Management ◦ Leadership ◦ Business Acumen ◦ Project Management ◦ Problem Solving / Analysis ◦ Presentation Skills ◦ Ethical Conduct ◦ Collaboration ◦ Personal Effectiveness / Credibility ◦ Strategic Thinking ◦ Communication Proficiency ◦ Technical Capacity
• Responsible for day-to-day administration of operation of business through all departments of the Company.
• Provide Interest Rate Risk Management / Hedge Advisory / Hedge and Trade Execution across a diverse client base for the company
• Responsible for daily trading and managing of the Company's mortgage portfolio of whole loans, treasury futures and options positions, and all forward and mandatory contracts.
• Responsible for and exercises Daily Market Analysis to provide Best Execution on all transactions on behalf of the Company.
• Manage all TPO/Correspondent accounts regarding Secondary operations, flow of business and execution of relationships.
• Responsible for and performs daily audits for ensure pricing integrity of all loans.
• Negotiates daily MBS TBA trades with broker-dealers and oversees the allocating and the pooling of closed loan volume into AOT/Direct Trade Execution and Mandatory Loan Delivery.
• Presents to the President/CEO pipeline position reports, fallout analysis, loan profitability, warehouse line updates, general economic and market analysis and trends.
• Presents to Executive Management and Secondary Marketing Committee pipeline position reporting, mark-to-market positions, pooled loan profitability.
• Forecast Deliveries, Marketing gains and monitor risk limits for the conforming positions.
• Supervise calculation of the Company's Best Execution model and decide among Best Execution delivery methods while providing risk management philosophies.
• Daily evaluates and summarizes characteristics of Duration/Maturity analysis, total return analysis, product allocation and benchmark comparison for all company models.
March 2014 - December 31,2018
Chief Investment Officer / Chief Operating Officer / Director of Secondary Marketing / Trade Desk
◦ Financial Management
◦ Business Acumen
◦ Project Management
◦ Problem Solving / Analysis
◦ Presentation Skills
◦ Ethical Conduct
◦ Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
◦ Strategic Thinking
◦ Communication Proficiency
◦ Technical Capacity
- Chief Investment Officer / Chief Operating Officer / Director of Secondary Marketing at Acceptance Capital Structured Products Group, LLC
- Director of Trade Desk / Secondary Marketing at Bank Trust Financial
- Director of Secondary Marketing at Kirkston Mortgage Lending, LLC
- Secondary Marketing (Consultant) at Kirkston Mortgage Lending, LLC
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Create investment strategies using DCF, COMPS, and quantitative valuation methods
• Execute trades and manage risk through hedging by company or industry
• Research and pitch stocks weekly; creating reports for the stocks and updating them bi-weekly to help manage the $205k portfolio
- Investment Analyst & Incoming Chief Investment Officer at Trinity College Investment Club
- Incoming Summer Associate at Signature Bank
- at Trinity College Investment Stock Competition
- Financial Advisor Intern at American Capital Partners
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics
Private Equity Real Estate: Managed investment team for a European consortium's office, retail, hospitality and residential portfolios
• Responsibilities: Deal sourcing, underwriting & execution of commercial real estate/residential investments in largest US metro-areas. Established relationships with leading developers, institutional investors and lenders. Negotiated $140M JV equity investments, $300M construction loans & $80M mezzanine/pref. equity financing
• Deals: Tahoe Beach Club, a $400M residential/hospitality JV with Sabin Holdings, financed by Mosaic/RWN Management (Phase 1), ACORE (Phase 2); $130M Manhattan project developed/financed by Cape Advisors/Bank of Ozarks and; $100M Brooklyn project by SL Development/Madison Capital
• Asset Management: As CFO/board nominee, oversaw budgeting/cost management, architects and design process, obtaining entitlements, closing GMP's with general contractors, program management of/financial targets for sales & marketing team and analyzing data from client relationship/social media consultants, fiscal reporting
• Administration: Incorporated all legal entities, opened Houston office, hired acquisition team. Travelled extensively to establish national origination network of brokers/consultants/landowners. Formulated portfolio strategy, prepared cash flow models & IC recommendations, ensured consistent management/variance reports, adopted ARGUS, GAAP/IFRS audits & regulatory compliance
• Other Initiatives: Oil & gas investment successfully exited 2016; pre-agreements for $350M CRE special situations platform and $150M multifamily platform. Unrealized Corporate development initiatives included senior living/MOB, industrial/logistics/value-added multifamily strategies & global VC-innovation initiative (Shanghai, China)
- CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER / CFO at Astra-Sistema Investments
- Retained tax advisors, valuation specialists, auditors and legal counsel at retail developers for mixed-use, hospitality, office & retail developments in Moscow
- MANAGING DIRECTOR / CFO at CIPC Dragoman Development
- MANAGING DIRECTOR / PORTFOLIO MANAGER at Kilcullen Kapital Partners
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Legal Studies
- BA - Economics & English Literature
Responsible for managing Chi-Rho's suite of alternative investment strategies ($600+ million AUM), leading all asset
allocation and portfolio construction decisions for multiple hedge fund strategies across the firm
• Primary decision maker for our internally managed fund, Dunwoody Partners, L.P. - a diversified fund of funds with over 40 underlying managers and investments o Since its inception in 2000, Dunwoody ranks in the top 1% of all funds in the HFR Fund of Fund's database by annualized returns and has outperformed the Barclay Fund of Funds Index in 16 out of 18 years o Over the same time period, Dunwoody has an annualized Sharpe Ratio of 1.51 versus 0.59 for the Barclay Fund of Funds Index and 0.76 for the S&P 500
• Manage bespoke hedge fund portfolios and outsourced investment functions for underlying 3(c)(7) investor base - including family offices, high-net worth individuals, foundations, and other wealth managers
• Predominantly invest in traditional hedge fund structures, but also transact in drawdown vehicles, SMAs (separately managed accounts), hybrid structures, co-investments, DIP and bridge financings, Private REITs, PIPEs (private investment in public equity), and fund seeding and acceleration growth capital
• Expertise in analyzing various hedge fund strategies including equity long/short, structured credit, distressed credit, private
- Co-Chief Investment Officer at Chi-Rho Financial, LLC
- Director of Research at
- Hedge Fund Analyst at
- Private Wealth Management Intern at Wells Fargo Advisors
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics
• Refined and improved core investment model platform for startup RIA, consisting of active/passive mutual funds & ETFs, performing fund research, asset allocation, performance measurement
• Authored economic and market commentary for firm's clients, and assisted in building out key marketing material discussing investment process
• Platforms used: Fidelity Wealthscape, Advent Black Diamond, YCharts, Fi360, eMoney, Redtail CRM
- Chief Investment Officer at Correct Capital Wealth Management
- Sr. Vice President & Sr. Equity Portfolio Manager at Wells Fargo Investment Institute
- President/Owner at Premier Investment Research, LLC
- President & Chief Investment Officer at Western Asset Management, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Masters Degree in Finance - Finance
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering - Engineering
Minneapolis, MN 2015 - April 2019
Corporate Development & Investment Professional
A non-profit guarantor, mission and education-focused investment group of entities providing national federal student loan
bankruptcy servicing and federal student loan program administration services. As part of a three (3) person, entrepreneurial-focused investment team, helped launch the corporate parents institutional
investment management program alongside the Chief Investment Officer ("CIO") for over $1 billion in assets, pioneered the corporate venture impact investing practice within the education sector, and led traditional corporate development merger and
acquisition ("M&A") activity across the for-profit and non-profit operating subsidiaries.
• Launched the $100 million+ corporate venture impact investing practice within higher education industry to serve strategic initiatives of the non-profit corporate entity.
• Formed limited partner relationships with education-focused venture funds; attended annual investor meetings and conferences for direct investment deal flow serving the nonprofit education-related mission.
• Led the firm's nearly 10 direct education-venture related financings; oversaw the direct investment portfolio of six education-related portfolio companies; performed due diligence, competitive analyses, and financial modeling on related companies; interacted regularly with select management teams, board members and investor base to enhance strategic relationships.
• Performed independent due diligence for potential acquisition targets across operating subsidiaries; met with management teams and industry consultants and attended industry conference for networking and enhanced deal flow.
• Provided important input regarding portfolio construction; authored documents and presented investment ideas and updates; summarized observations of market, industry, and macro-economic trends for CIO and Investment Committee.
• Established the firm's private capital strategy and deployed over $200 million of capital across private equity.
• Launched co-investment practice within real estate-focused private equity asset class to align portfolio allocation and return targets.
- investment management program alongside the Chief Investment Officer ("CIO") at ECMC Group
- Investment Banking Senior Analyst at Lazard Middle Market Mergers and Acquisitions
- Investment Banking Analyst at Prestwick Partners
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
Actively managed $1+ billion portfolio comprised of fixed income assets, including MBS and CLOs, which entailed
strategic trading to increase portfolio returns and overseeing two PMs for this privately held family office.
• Led liquidations of mortgage-related CDO assets and monitored real-estate assets with focus on evolving market conditions, overall economy, and interest rates.
• Developed/recommended/directed and implemented investment policies, goals and both short-term/long- term investment strategies that astutely addressed anticipated issues, contingent risks and delivered high- impact results in management of investment portfolios.
• Employed sophisticated approach in maximizing opportunities present in volatile markets while ensuring consistent compliance with internal/regulatory investment policies and procedures.
• Established and leveraged Street relationships (traders/analysts/sales) to drive liquidity and best execution.
• Generated an average 20+% ROI for 8 consecutive years.
- Chief Investment Officer at The Chotin Group
- Chair of Investment Committee at
- CEO • Fund Manager at Winston Capital
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Laws - Laws