- Conducted research on global disruptors and volatility indicators - Compiled notes on daily debriefings regarding shifting investment patterns - Presented findings to the Chief Investment Officer to include in his personal database
- Chief Investment Officer's Office at Emirates NBD
- Research Assistant at EmiratesNBD
- staff in Modern Academy at Headed School Mentoring Team
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics
- - Physics, Chemistry
The Centaurus Global Event Fund and its investment team moved into the Fortress Investment Group in April 2014
• Chief investment officer of the Fortress Centaurus Global Fund, a global event driven and long/short fund. The Fund focused on wide range of event-driven investment strategies, including: restructurings, recapitalizations, capital structure arbitrage, equity long/short, risk arbitrage and activist strategies
• Fully involved in client marketing and investor relations
• A director of Drawbridge (UK) LLP (Fortress' London legal entity)
• FSA registered and the responsible officer for the Hong Kong office (Exams 1 and 6)
- Chief Investment Officer - Fortress Centaurus Strategies at FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP
- Co-founder, CEO and Chief Investment Officer at CENTAURUS CAPITAL
- Co-head of Risk Arbitrage Division at BANQUE PARIBAS
- Associate, Private Wealth Management at GOLDMAN SACHS & CO
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- MBA - International Business and Finance
- BBA - Finance and Accounting
Mechanicsburg, PA 2016 - PRESENT President and Chief Investment Officer Financial Advisory Responsible for development, maintenance and oversight of the strategic financial Investment Strategies investments program to ensure that assets are well diversified to optimize returns, Mutual Funds while controlling risk. Portfolio Management Coordinate overall investment strategy and portfolio construction in alignment with the Financial Risk organization's strategic objectives, risk appetite, and capital objectives. Alternative Investments Take proactive measures to manage risks in the portfolio and adjusting asset allocations Business Development as appropriate. Strategic and Financial
- President and Chief Investment Officer at Luminary Capital, LLC
- Planning Expert at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Associate Director, Personal Investment Advisor (PIA), Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch
- November 2001 and served as an Associate Director at Merrill Lynch Assessment Center
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Macroeconomics, and Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor's - Finance and Financial Management Services
• Directly support the Chief Executive Officer/Chief Investment Officer
• Manage professional and personal calendar, including meeting coordination and travel plans for all domestic and international travel.
• Compiling presentation documents using Excel and Power-Point for travel related meetings or presentations
• Provide "gatekeeper" role to create win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's /CIO's time and office
• Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO/CIO with High Level Executives, Investors, Branch Offices, and Fund Companies on matters related to CEO/CIO programmatic initiatives
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
• Provide a bridge for communication between the CEO/CIO and internal departments
• Demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
• Work closely with Human Resources on issues in the workplace to keep CEO/CIO updated
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate CEO/CIO to effectively lead the company
• Create and maintain budget spreadsheets, expense reports, and year-end tax calculations
• Compile and submit monthly expense reports in Concur
• Compose and prepare confidential correspondence to 4,000+ clients
- Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer at The Legend Group
- Executive Assistant at Investment Capital Management
- Executive Assistant/HR Systems Manager at McCarter & English, LLP
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
NY, NY January 2013-February 2019
• Earned a promotion from the operations group to the investment team after 1.5 years at the company
• Directly assisted the Chief Investment Officer in the hedge portfolio (short side of the book)
• Focused on the residential mortgage bond market
• Helped to build and maintain short term bridge loans (fix and flip, buy to rent, etc.) to $125 million
• Prepared periodical and ad hoc marketing presentations for current and prospective investors
• Worked closely with risk and analytics team to improve our reporting including P&L attribution, net long calculation, and portfolio statistics (i.e. yield and duration)
- Directly assisted the Chief Investment Officer at LibreMax Capital, LLC
- Trading Assistant at Morgan Stanley
- at MKP Capital Management, LLC
- Operations Associate at MKP Capital Management, LLC
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Business
Co-founded investment firm focused on creating value through investment strategies that drive growth
• Investing over $350 million globally in structured credit, growth capital, and private equity
• Generating gross annualized returns in excess of 16% on investment horizons of 5 to over 7 years
• Raising capital for private equity fund investing in compelling, long-term growth prospects
• Advising early-stage companies in several sectors, including Technology, Life Sciences, and FinTech
- Chief Investment Officer at STRATEGIC GROWTH INVESTMENTS
- General Partner, Head of Transactions and Analytics at VINE ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS GROUP
- Vice President, Global Technology Mergers and Acquisitions at DRESDNER KLEINWORT WASSERSTEIN
- Equity Research Associate at ARDOUR CAPITAL PARTNERS
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration degree in Finance - Finance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology - Biology
• Conceived and executed unique investment strategy to profit from conditional put feature embedded in certain types of retail fixed income securities.
• Following validation of strategy with own capital and capital provided by a family office, launched hedge fund Eden Arc Capital Partners in May 2011.
• Strongly outperformed relevant fixed income indices with minimal correlation and substantially less risk
• Fund substantially wound down due to less favorable market and operating environment.
- Founder & Chief Investment Officer at EDEN ARC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Managing Director, Co-head of US Energy M&A at CITIGROUP MARKETS & BANKING
- Managing Director, Natural Resources M&A at LEHMAN BROTHERS
- Investment Banking Associate at WEISSER JOHNSON
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration, With Distinction
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Inspired and directed support staff building a positive work environment to foster efficiency and ensure accurate one-time completion of tasks.
• Unified clerical staff, administrative staff, and management creating a cohesive and productive team within a deadline-oriented environment.
• Coordinated fundraising events that raised $15 million - $250 million.
• Reconstructed on-site documentation procedures significantly improving circulation and decreasing loss prevention.
• Accelerated access to critical information by creating a highly effective archiving system including, quick indexing and offsite records storage. Work Duties
• Resolved client and employee conflicts.
• Hired and terminated investment analyst, clerical staff, and administrative Staff.
• Completed paperwork for new, resigning, and retiring employees.
• Maintained employee personnel records to ensure legal compliance.
• Authorized payroll using, “Kronos Workforce Dimensions D5 Platform”, explained and administered compensation benefits in adherence to labor union contract terms and conditions.
• Supervised and trained clerical staff and administrative staff in Yale University’s shipping application, “eShip Global Ship”, Yale University’s reimbursement software, “Oracle Expense Reports Application”, and Yale University’s policies and procedures.
• Managed Accounts Payable utilizing Yale University’s financial management application, “Oracle Peoplesoft General Ledger Application”.
• Prepared expense reports using, “Oracle Expense Reports Application” in accordance with “IRS Exempt Organizations: Compensation of Officers Policy”.
• Controlled hardcopy and electronic document management: cataloged in “Code Red, Inc. Research Management Workspace System”, on-site filing, and archiving documents to ensure they were stored in a confidential manner.
• Experienced with “Iron Mountain” for retrieval and storing of documents.
• Kept inventory records of office supplies and books to improve on-shelf availability.
• Handled Yale University’s confidential information in daily communications.
• Co-Authored and edited memos for Yale University’s Investment Committee meeting materials.
• Coordinated and executed major fundraising events: “Takahashi-Sharp Family Scholarship Fund” raised $250 million for Yale University’s financial aid; “Salovey Swensen Extravaganza” raised $15 million to support local community-based activities.
• Forged and sustained meaningful relationships with targeted high-level finance executives and donors.
• Planned book signings.
• Processed purchase orders, requisitions, invoices, and set up vendors using, “Oracle E-Business Suite Advanced Procurement”.
• Monitored and upgraded office equipment.
• Performed heavy outlook management for planning in-person meetings, teleconferences, video conferences, and monitoring emails.
• Fielded calls and greeted visitors.
• Made Travel arrangements and provided support for Yale University’s Chief Investment Officer.
- Executive Administrative Assistant to Chief Investment Officer at Yale University Investments Office
18 years at this Job
- High school - General High School Curriculum
Principal Of Ray Commisso's Investment Management
➢ Created and maintains the Carpathia Fund fixed income and equity investment pro forma portfolio.
➢ Designed portfolios based on economic outlook and desired risk profiles, performed statistical reporting and analytics, conducted security evaluation and made portfolio composition decisions.
➢ Implemented proprietary hedging programs to offset market price risks to securities portfolio using derivatives and other advanced financial engineering methods and instruments.
➢ Activities include security selection, hedge instrument selection, daily monitoring of price movements of portfolio and hedge securities, calculation of dynamic hedge ratios, and composition of monthly and quarterly cumulative pro forma performance documentation.
➢ Negotiated commercial relationships with vendors providing data, marketing, and electronic trading and portfolio management system services.
➢ The Carpathia Fund consistently achieves annual returns on a pro forma basis in the 20% area, with annual Sharpe Ratios above 1.0 and Volatility below 5%.
- Chief Investment Officer at Carpathia Fund
- Fixed Income Product/Project Manager at Carpathia Fund
- Independent Fixed Income Hedge Fund Manager at
- Chief Portfolio Strategist & Fixed Income Trader at First Empire Securities
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Chemistry / Economics
Orchestrates the investment strategy for the organization's $2.1 billion investment pool of endowment and long-term capital funds. Manages investments with 55 separate outside partners, across 75 different strategies. Strategies include 13 direct hedge funds, 32 private equity funds, and 10 real asset strategies, as well as portfolio-level futures hedges.
• Overhauled the investment approach to encourage discipline around long-term strategic allocations and to adopt an "endowment-model" approach by redesigning the asset allocation decision-making process, governance framework, and Investment Policy Statement.
• Initiated a complete realignment of the portfolio's asset allocation targets, leading to over $1.1B of new investments in over 45 different strategies.
• Grew investment portfolio to $2,100M from $1,560M while supporting $150M in withdrawals.
• Achieved top-quartile 1-year and 5-year annualized returns (as of 6/30/18 vs MSCI InvestorForce All E&F Universe) with changes implemented, up significantly from 88th percentile at time of arrival.
• Chartered organization's first comprehensive approach to mission-alignment and Environmental, Social, and Governance investing ("ESG").
• Conceptualized, drove approval, and implemented a pioneering $75 million sustainability-themed portfolio of private equity, real asset, and credit investments in market-rate, impact investments.
• Communicates strategy and results in transparent and clear manner to high-caliber Board and executive leadership, as well as other internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through written commentary and analysis.
• Develops and maintains relationships with industry experts, consultants, managers, and others to stay ahead of investment trends, prospective strategies, market developments, and regulatory issues.
• Advises CFO on balance sheet management and the structure of TNC's $350M debt and executes debt transactions, such as recent $100M refinancing of debt and related $67M swap conversion.
• Renegotiated custodial, standby liquidity, and consulting fees enough to pay for entire salary, annually.
- Chief Investment Officer at THE NATURE CONSERVANCY
- Portfolio Strategist at THE SALVATION ARMY
- Portfolio Manager at KEYSTONE FINANCIAL GROUP
- Analyst at BEAR, STEARNS & COMPANY
7 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - President Goizueta Growth Fund and Investment
- - European Union and International Business