Chief Medical Officer for a healthcare data collection company utilizing AI / proprietary
technology to optimize healthcare delivery and medical decision making.
• Roles include design / application of healthcare component of AI and establishing relationships for capital investments / fundraising. South Texas Clinical for Pain Management
- Chief Medical Officer, CMO at DataOne.Health
- Healthcare consultant at Lonestar State Medical LLC
- Attending Physician at South Texas Clinic for Pain Management
- Interventional Pain Management, Attending Physician at East Texas Medical Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Interventional Pain Management Fellowship
- Doctorate - Medicine
- Bachelor's - BA
Kabul, Afghanistan Chief Medical Officer for a remote clinic responsible for all aspects of routine and emergency medical care for the guards of the US Embassy. Supervised 2 physicians, 4 PAs, and 19 tactical paramedics. I served as Medical Incident Commander for 1 MASCAL event.
- Chief Medical Officer at Kabul Embassy Security Force, Aegis LLC
- Volunteer Physician at Bong County
- Medical Director at Baghdad Embassy Security Force Clinic
- Clinical Researcher at HMJ Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- - Preventive Medicine Residency
- - Military Tropical Medicine Course
- Doctor of Medicine - Medicine
- - Medical
- Master of Science in Anatomy - Anatomy
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
- - Russian Linguist Qualification
Mnemo is a healthcare population management app that focuses on diabetic patients. Using daily blood glucose data points, it is possible to identify the patients at a higher risk of developing future debilitating and costly complications. By identifying at risk patients and preventing these complications, we can save costs on treatment, disability, and productivity lost.
As Chief Medical Officer, I:
• Developed business model, financial forecasts, and pitch deck for a population management mobile application.
• Calculated data requirements to identify high risk individuals and establish proof of concept.
• Designed strategy and business model structure using healthcare economics.
- Chief Medical Officer at Mnemo, Health
- Global Innovation Fellow at UW DEPARTMENT OF GLOBAL HEALTH START
- Project Manager, Early Stage Company Evaluation and Risk Assessment at ANGELMD
- MBA Consultant, Applied Strategy Project at PROVIDENCE HEALTH SERVICES
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master of Science - Medical Science
- Bachelor's - Medical Degree
• Oversaw the Medical Management of Patient Care in 14 Medical Clinics caring for People Living with HIV (PLWHIV), Hepatitis C and Sexually Transmitted Disease and the Primary Care of these patients
• Introduced Chronic Care Management (CCM) for all Clinics to provide the tenants of Population Health to the Clinical Care Team, also enhancing revenue by 10% through CCM proper coding and billing oversight
• Recruited Physicians and oversaw all Contractual relationships with the Medical Providers, while working with Credentialing Department to obtain physician licensing as well as placement onto Provider Networks of the various Health Plans
• Created Peer Review Process for all Clinics, disciplining physicians when appropriate while providing guidance for Personal Improvement Plans (PIP) to enhance Physician performance as part of the Care Team. Brought concept of "morning "huddle" to clinics where physicians and nursing staff meet and outline care plans in advance of visits to expedite patient care
• Created and oversaw all Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Committees at all Clinics working with Medical Directors to enhance patient care
• Introduced Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey (CG-CAHPS) across all clinics providing data on patient experience and using data as feedback to the clinicians to optimize Clinic performance, including physician communication
• Provided Medical Support knowledge to Strategy and Business Development Team for new clinic development and service lines (ex. Expanding Hepatitis C Testing and Medical Treatment, increasing new Hep C business by 40%, as well as developing new PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) protocols among others) to drive new business to Clinics while collaborating with Marketing Director to identify new opportunities for growth and new referrals to clinics
• Worked with Chief Financial Officer in developing budgets for Clinics
• Oversaw Medical Research Team, hiring full time Pharm D as Research Director and MD as Associate Director. Participating in seven ongoing Phase 3 Clinical Trials for HIV medications
• Managed two Dental Office practices, including recruiting dentists, staff and oversight of Practice Administrators
• Managed Mental Health Division including two Psychiatrists, Psychiatry ARNP and nursing staff.
• Oversight of purchasing Medical Equipment used in Clinical Practice (example: purchasing, deployment and utilization protocols of two portable Echosens Liver Fibrosis Scanners)
• Developed Mobile Medical Unit with Telehealth and Digital Medical Examination equipment to expand outreach programs
• Successfully negotiated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital to develop an MOU signed agreement for continuity of care for patient referrals admitted to or discharged from Hospital
- CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER at CAN COMMUNITY HEALTH
- Vice President, Medical Affairs - Service Line Practices at SSM HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP
- Associate Director - Department of Medicine at CLAYTON MEDICAL CONSULTANTS, INC
- Chairman - Department of Gastroenterology at CLAYTON MEDICAL CONSULTANTS, INC
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- - Fellowship
- - Chief Medical Resident
- - Residency
- Doctor - Medical
• Coordinates and plans meeting schedules for Vice President, Medical Affairs & Chief Medical Officer.
• The Executive Assistant Medical Staff Services will anticipate conflicts and attempts to resolve independently. Ensures meeting calendars are kept current and accurate.
• Coordinates travel arrangements, including approvals, pre-payments, lodging and transportation for Vice President, Medical Affairs & Chief Medical Officer and other staff in the department as needed.
• Prepares routine reports, proofs, and presents for final approval before distribution.
• Order office supplies, ensures proper maintenance on office equipment. Collects and distributes mail and other correspondence for the department.
• Ensures time and attendance is complete and accurate for the department bi-weekly.
- Executive Assistant to VP Medical Affairs & Chief Medical Officer at Wayne UNC Health Care
- Administrative Coordinator - Performance Improvement Department at Wayne UNC Health Care
- Executive Assistant to General Manager at Smithfield Hog Production Division
- Production Operations Executive Assistant at Smithfield Hog Production Division
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Graphic Design
I ran the hospitalist program and administered 6 physicians and 7 mid-levels. I performed intubations, pacemakers, acute medical care, joint injections, and lumbar punctures.
- Chief Medical Officer at Centurion of Florida Reception and Medical Center
- Outpatient Primary Care Physician at SIMED
- at North Florida Regional Medical Center ✧ Senior Health Care Center
- CEO─Private Medical Practice and Urgent Care at Lindenwald Medical Associates
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Medicine - Medicine
- Bachelors of Arts in Philosophy - Philosophy
Geriatric Fellowship providing inpatient and outpatient care dedicated to the population of patients over 65 years old. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chief Medical Officer Corizon Health: January 2016-February 2018 In my role as Chief Medical Officer, I provide strategic and tactical guidance to the healthcare team and shape the delivery and measurement of clinical outcomes for 250,000 patients. As a member of the executive leadership team, I am responsible for guiding the delivery of effective, evidence based health care through pharmacy, hospital, emergency department, specialty care, and laboratory utilization and analysis. My role is to remove obstacles and work with team members to provide solutions in the delivery of health care. The ultimate goal is to facilitate the timely delivery of care by the remarkable people that work in this field through standardized processes that deliver consistent, quality patient care. I lead the Sentinel Events, Credentialing, Care Management and the Utilization Management functions and work with the Regional Medical Directors and our respective clients to ensure the delivery of timely medical care. I am a highly motivated and results driven board certified Family Medicine Physician with 22 years of experience. I am detail oriented, analytical and methodical with critical thinking to resolve work issues under stressful work conditions. I am sociable with altruistic disposition to deliver outstanding medical service and patient care.
- Chief Medical Officer Corizon Health at Geriatric Fellowship
- Chief Clinical Officer Corizon Health at
- VP of Medical Affairs Corizon Health at
- Senior Medical Director Corizon Health at
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - law
- - Family Medicine
- BS - Business Administration
AHIP is the national trade association representing the health insurance industry and has been recognized by Congress and the federal agencies for its credibility and effectiveness. Executive Vice President, Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer 2017 - 2018
• Led Clinical Affairs working closely with CMOs and clinical leadership of member plans
• Led the Center for Policy and Research by establishing a research agenda supporting the AHIP mission
• Responsible for the CMO Council, the CMO Leadership Council and the CMO Roundtable
• Responsible for collaborations with AMA, ACP, AAFP, ASCO and others on quality measures, administrative simplification and other consumer facing services
• Together with CMS, led the Core Quality Measures Collaborative, a multi-stakeholder alliance
• Responsible for directing AHIP's response to the opioid crisis in part by developing metrics of adherence to CDC prescribing guidelines
- Executive Vice President, Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer at America's Health Insurance Plans
- Chief Medical Officer at Premier Inc
- Vice President and Medical Director, Informatics at Healthcare Informatics Core Leadership Team
- at CareScience
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science in Applied Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Finance / General Management
- Bachelor's - Chemistry / Biology
Executive Assistant to the Chief medical officer, Vice President of Network & Delivery System & to the Vice President of Value-Based Programs
QualCare Inc., a Cigna Company 2015- present
• Oversee Executive's incoming emails and respond accordingly; resolve high-level priority inquiries from other Executives and Clients in a timely manner.
• Welcome new employees' upon their arrival and give them office tour.
• Work with the IT department to set up new hire LAN ID, office space, phone, building Id and work equipment.
• Liaison of communication among Senior Executives, Board Members, Middle Management and Administrative staff.
• Audit Member and Provider Community Care Network files in a quarterly basis.
• Send Attribution file and payments to the 8 Community Care Network Hospitals quarterly.
• Coordinate and maintain Executive's calendar; continuous modifications and prioritization of important events, resulting in better time management.
• Coordinate all travel, hotel and transportation for Executive business meetings and conferences.
• Coordinate and facilitate high-level conference calls, in-person Board and Management meeting and external special events for Executive level staff.
• Manage departmental Organizational Charts.
• Track, update and manage Medical Policies and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) on an as needed basis.
• Liaison to the Quality Management Committee (QMC), the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee (CQI) and Care Management Committee (CMC).
• Generate meeting agendas and meeting minutes for both the QMC and the CQI Committees.
• Coordinate catering for Committee meetings, Client meetings and all Special high-level meetings and conferences.
• Compile all meeting materials and generate meeting books via Director's Desk for Board Meetings.
• Itemize and reconcile monthly invoices and expense reports.
• Prepare and edit of all correspondence, reports, and presentations in both written and electronic format.
• Maintain all records, reports and files for the Chief Medical Officer and the Vice President of Value-Based Programs.
• Coordinate and plan monthly staff meetings.
• Create presentations of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Executive Assistant to the Chief medical officer, Vice President at QualCare Inc a Cigna Company
- Executive Assistant at Piscataway Board of Education
- Associate Human Resources and Investor Solution Benefit analyst at Buck Consultant / Affiliated Computer Services
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Support the Chief Medical Officer
* Executive Level Calendar Management
* Physician time sheet processing
* Monitor Physician Record Delinquency/Suspension
* Physician Contracts
* Meeting Organizer
* Monitor Physician Hotline
* CME (Continuing Medical Education) Coordinator
* Shadow Students
◦ Provide support for DNV Accreditation
◦ Liaison between GA Eye Bank and LifeLink and PHH for reporting
◦ Meeting Leader for Committees: QSS (Quality, Safety and Service), Utilization Management Committee, Department of Family Practice, Daily Safety Huddle
◦ Tableau Reporting
◦ Education Building Facilitator
◦ Classrooms Management
• Classroom Reservations
• User Agreements
• AV Equipment
• Moveable Wall
• Storage and Organization ◦ Serve as a resource to others for varied topics (meeting management, policies, etc.) * Manage hospital wide email groups * Manage catering
- Executive Services Associate to Chief Medical Officer at Piedmont Henry Hospital
- Quality/Patient Safety/Performance Improvement Assistant at Piedmont Henry Hospital
- Data Analysis Specialist at Piedmont Henry Hospital
- Information Coordinator at Piedmont Henry Hospital
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Administration
- Associate of Applied Science - Office Administration