5/2016-present Baldwin Park Medical Center is a 254bed acute care hospital with over 87,000 patient visits annually. Its physicians performed 3,407 in patient and 8,801 outpatient surgeries annually. The hospital has exceptional quality care designated a Leapfrog "A" medical center and certified by the JC in Advanced Hip and Knee, Stroke Care, Advanced Heart Failure and most recently JC Advanced Palliative Care. Most recently received 5 Stars for Overall HCAHPS rating. BPMC is also a Nursing Improving Care of Health Elders (NICHE) hospital. Chief Nurse Executive
• Responsible for overall patient care services including over 800 FTE's as well as Inpatient Quality Management across the continuum from acute care to home care.
• Improved patient perception scores from 70 to 80 in three months, currently at 5 STAR in Nurse Communication
• Leading a new Ambulatory Surgical Center to meet the needs of the community.
• Revised the huddle process to include elements of a Highly Reliable Organizational framework to improve transparency and safety. Recently noted as one of the top 250 Health grades hospitals for Clinical Excellence.
• Increased scholastic affiliations to foster professional growth with staff recruitment and retention
• Developed the Community Resilience Consortium to assist in maintaining standards across the care continuum CNE liaison to the: Regional SCAL Professional Development and Education Peer Group Regional Nursing Research Committee Academy of Nursing Research Care Experience Council-Care Transition specialty National Cross Regional Nurse Executive Committee-Evidence Based Subcommittee Chair
- Chief Nurse Executive at Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Medical Center
- Chief Nursing Officer at Tenet Twin Cities Community Hospital
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer and Quality Officer at Ascension Health Borgess Lee Memorial Hospital
- Vice President Patient Care Services/CNO at Day Kimball Healthcare
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Executive Leadership Program
- Certificate - Executive Leadership
- Certificate - Leadership program
- Master of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Chief Nurse Executive (CNE) for the outpatient, emergency department, inpatient unit, obstetrics, and central supply. The CNE works collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the senior management (executive staff) consisting of the Chief of Operations Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Director of Professional Services, and Quality Management.
• Member to the Hopi Health Care Center (HHCC) executive committee and Governing Board
• Full managerial responsibility and accountability for the planning, organization, and administration of Nursing Services
• Supervisory authority in the development, and integration, and evaluation of healthcare services
- Chief Nurse Executive, Indian Health Services at Hopi Health Care Center
- Program Management Officer at CDR - 06 Billet
- Supervisory Program Management Officer (LCDR - 05 Billet) at Federal Correctional Institution
- Clinical Supervisory Nurse (LCDR at Supai Health Clinics, subdivision or the Colorado River Service Unit
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- - NURSING SERVS
- - Disaster Emergency Management
- Burlingame CA 09/2018 - Current
241 bed Acute Care hospital with range of inpatient and outpatient services including innovative
mobile stroke care, the latest cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health, women's health and emergency care to the Bay Area.
Chief Nurse Executive - Consulting Interim
• Assessment and reorganization of staffing process establishing effective staffing patterns
• Assessment and recommendation regarding all nursing, clinical departments
• Assessment and recommendation of Nursing organizational chart
• Collaboration with regional academic organizations
• Developed nursing leadership established groundwork for future initiatives
- Chief Nurse Executive - Consulting Interim at Sutter Health Mills Peninsula Medical Center
- Marriage & Family Therapist at Historical
- Chief Nurse Executive - Consulting Interim at Dignity Health, St Rose deLima
- Chief Nursing Officer & Chief Clinical Officer Consult at St. Alexius Hospital
6 months at this Job
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice degree - Nursing
- Master's Degree - Human Ecology
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance, leadership
- Associate - Registered Professional Nursing
Highest ranking nurse manager within a Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation adult institution. Direct all nursing activity within the institution and ensure compassionate, safe, effective, timely, efficient and equitable patient-centered care in conjunction with other health care discipline managers(9.5 SRNII's, 35RN's, 45LVN's) and in coordination with custody; develop and maintain a competent nursing team to deliver evidence-based patient-centered care; develop and implement clear and realistic performance expectations, issue letters of instruction and counseling memoranda; effectively recommend formal disciplinary action to the institution Chief Executive Officer, and upon delegation from the Chief Executive Officer takes disciplinary action. Ensure the institution implements an effective system that certifies competence to perform nursing duties, including the performance of physical assessments and outpatient urgent/emergency protocols. Assist with policy review and revisions and ensures these policies are implemented throughout the institutional nursing staff, provide feedback to Regional Nurse Executive on all Nursing related issue and implementation barriers. Work closely with Chief Physician & Surgeon as well as Chief Medical Executive to ensure patient care policies and procedures are followed on a daily basis.
- Chief Nurse Executive at CCHCS CRC
- Supervising Registered Nurse III (Director of Nursing) at CCHCS CRC
- Director of Nurses at CCHCS CRC-Norco
- Supervising Registered Nurse III (Director of Nursing) at CCHCS CIM
2 years, 5 months at this Job
Responsible for all nurses on state campus. Ensuring delivery of quality patient care service and all work assignments are completed by clinical managers and supervisors. Responsible for nursing staff planning, implementing and evaluation on nursing care on a 24-hour basis. Clinical competencies used for decision making of appropriate care of the high acuity and co-morbidities of the ICF-IID population. Decisions also concern patient and employee safety, DOJ and regulatory body mandates. Plan and communicate with other disciplinary leaders to reach goals that are in the best interest of the patients. Well versed and competent in treatment teams, recovery plans and case management. Education experience by filling in as nurse educator. Experience in root cause analysis Department of Homeland Security Detention Center - Bay view, cases, prepared to educate, lead and evacuate during hurricane season annually. Reduced regulatory TAC, DOJ recommendations, improved processes and created/implemented nurse process strategies to enable change for the good of the organization. Shared executive on-call duties for campus including restraints, abuse and neglect and any concern or emergencies.
- Chief Nurse Executive at Rio Grande State Behavioral Health Hospital
- Contract RN at Detention Infirmary
- Director of Surgical Services (contracted) at Humboldt General Hospital
- Director of Surgical Services (contracted) at Whidbey General Hospital
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Health Service Management
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate of Science of Surgical Technology - Surgical Technology
102 East Lake Mead Parkway
Henderson, Nevada 89052 702-616-4319
November 2013- Present
Executive Coordinator to President/CEO/COO and Chief Nurse Executive BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide administrative support for the Hospital President, COO, and Chief Nurse Executive Maintain daily calendars, schedule appointments and calls, and make travel arrangements to Include scheduling for various system-wide or department-wide work groups, as directed by the Hospital President and Chief Nurse Executive
• Assemble agendas, necessary files and background materials for Executives scheduled meetings or calls.
• Process business expense reports and invoices
• Receive mail and Administration correspondence, receive visitors and telephone calls.
• Performs other clerical duties to include, but not be limited to, scanning documents, filing, ordering supplies, etc. ADDITIONAL DUTIES
• Complete Electronic Legal Services Contract reviews for hospital Administration
• Maintain Hospital License records and all correspondence relating to state license requirements
• Coordinate activities and meetings with a variety of internal and external people at all organizational levels.
• Compile Nurse License records for reporting to the Nevada State Board of Nursing Personnel Assist in coordination of Market wide meetings for Executives
• Maintain all reports for State Inspections, surveys, and responses in a timely manner
• Adhere to applicable Corporate and Hospital policies and procedures.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of Hospital Administration communications.
• Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive personal information that is received by managers about the corporation, its employees, medical staff and contractors
• Coordinates set up of Executive Facilities inspection rounds for regulatory agencies
• Attends Manager and Clinical Interdisciplinary meetings to organize, transcribe minutes and set up presentations.
• Receives patient calls and mail relating to complaints and track follow up and response per regulatory guidelines
• Manage Nurse Daisy awards.
• Coordinates events and meetings to include scheduling attendees, booking meeting rooms, ordering food, monitoring attendance, and operating audio/visual equipment.
• Maintains multiple calendars to accommodate changing priorities
• Processes Gatekeeper requests to facilitate the setup of new employees or changes to profiles.
• Maintains records, monitors account expenditures, processes expense accounts and purchase requisitions.
• Effectively handles both verbal and written communications of a highly sensitive and confidential nature and assures that information remains confidential.
• Maintains subject and confidential department files. St. Rose Dominican Hospitals-San Martin Campus 8280 West Warm Springs Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89113 702-492-8200
- Executive Coordinator to President/CEO/COO and Chief Nurse Executive at St. Rose Dominican Hospitals-Rose de Lima Campus
- Emergency Preparedness Planner at San Martin Campus
- Planning Member at FEMA Region IX
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- - design
- Bachelor of Science - Medicine
• Advisor to CEO, CFO, Chief of Medicine and other Executive Leaders
• Provides oversight of clinical nursing operations and PCMH (Family Health, Women’s Health, Pediatric and Mental Health). Awarded “Outstanding Teams”
• Art of the Possible / Green Belt Certification: led 26 process improvements /cost saving initiatives
• Directly supervises and manages Case Mgmt, Disease Mgmt, Special Needs, Utilization Mgmt, and Ed and Tng departments (multiple department awards). Assures certification and training
• Oversee all nursing clinical practices; 108 nurses/medical technicians and medical care to 17,000 and occupational medicine for 16,000 patients
• Oversaw patient safety initiatives; breast cancer performance plan uncovered 5 breast mass 1st month of implementation
• Implemented daily team huddles; improved care coordination and warm hand-off from 20% to 100% in 2 months
• Developed WHC programs, improved breast cancer screening by 7%. Chlamydia and cervical cancer screening ranked #1
• Implemented patient screening process; identified risk factors, reduced ED/UCC visits, re-captured care; improved preventative services and patient access to care
• PI / CQI guru; run and analyze reports and data, developed best practices, policies and procedures and oversees training for entire facility
• Change agent with streamlined and sustainable practices; ranked #1 in 12 of 17 HEDIS metric across the Air Force with proven best practices across the Dept of Defense
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orientation, professional development and competencies of nursing candidates for Air Force
• Oversees and directs Clinical Practice Guidance for Chief of Medicine and clinicians; recognized as “Best Practices”
• STI prevention and Medication Management programs benchmarked by 75 treatment facilities
• As a Patient Advocate, Developed “Every Women … Every Encounter” program across ancillary departments, raised education and screening
• Chairs and Co-Chairs Committee meetings
- Chief Nurse Executive and Chief Health Care Integrator at US Air Force - Military
- Chief Health Care Integrator at US Air Force - Military
- Deputy Chief Nurse and Chief Health Care Integrator at US Air Force - Military
- Deputy Chief Nurse, Chief Utilization Management and Director Medical Mgmt at US Air Force - Military
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Organizational Management
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- Associate - Liberal Arts
- Chief Nurse Executive at Sutter Davis Hospital
- at Hospital Best Places
- Nursing Director, Perioperative Services, Wound Care Clinic, and SPD at O'Connor Hospital
- Director of SBMC Perioperative Services at The Center for Business Innovation
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Nominated for Nursing Leadership
- Doctor of Health Administration - DHA
- Master of Arts - Management
- BA degree in Human Resource Development - Human Resource Development
Oversees nursing practices; patient care delivery; and human and fiscal resources of a Behavioral Health Hospital. The hospital consists of adult, child and adulterant services as well as a medically supervised inpatient detox and rehabilitation program. Ensures high quality and cost effective patient care within regulatory and professional standards while in concert with other hospital management to fulfill the institutions' mission. Mentors direct reports and establishes productive working relationships with the medical staff, support departments and the lay and professional community. Provides leadership and management expertise to set and maintain standards of clinical practice, ensuring the fulfillment of department goals.
- Chief Nurse Executive/ Associate Executive Director at SOUTH OAKS HOSPITAL
- Adjunct Professor at ADELPHI UNIVERSITY
- Associate Executive Director at LONG ISLAND JEWISH MEDICAL CENTER/ZUCKER HILLSIDE HOSPITAL
- Associate Executive Director, Hospital Operations at NORTH SHORE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- DOCTORATE - NURSING PRACTICE
- MASTER OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES - Human Relations /Industrial Counseling
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Behavioral Health/Community Mental Health
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE - Registered Nursing
Accountable for all fiscal, operational and HR aspects for nursing. Stabilized staffing; hiring bonus Re-developed staff/ nursing orientation with educator. Collaborated and implemented Corrective Action plans for CMS and JC.
- Chief Nurse Executive at Chicago Lakeshore Hospital
- Chief Nurse Executive at SUNHOUSTON
- BH Management Consultant at B E Smith
- Director Behavioral Heallth at Dimensions Healthcare
11 months at this Job
- MBA - Heathcare Administration
- MS - Nursing
- BSN - Nursing