Serve as Interim Chief Nursing Officer in addition to keeping current role and responsibilities as Associate Chief Nursing Officer ❖ Responsible for executive leadership for all inpatient, observation, emergency, and procedural areas of the hospital ❖ Fulfill role on executive hospital administration team
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer at Sacred Heart Hospital, Administration
- Associate Chief Nursing Officer at Sacred Heart Hospital, Administration
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer at Sacred Heart Hospital, Administration
- Director of Nursing at Sacred Heart Hospital, Administration
4 months at this Job
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Executive Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
Eads, CO February 2018-May 2018
A 25 bed , independent not for profit district hospital, located in eastern Colorado. Serving the community of Kiowa County by providing ER, Medical/Surgical Unit, long-term and short term swing bed, and primary care clinic.
Interim Chief Nursing Officer
• Provide regulatory consultation in preparation for their CMS survey
• Developed an organizational infection control program including policies and procedures, risk assessment and goals for 2018.
• Educated the nursing staff on performance improvement and infection control program.
• Collaboratively worked with physicians and nursing staff develop a competency program; 100% of the staff completed the COR-0, pharmacy/medication and rapid sequence intubation competencies.
• Assessed and mentored the nursing leadership for gaps in knowledge. Recommended to the CEO to continue with the search for a Chief Nursing Officer due to gaps in leadership experience and knowledge.
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer at Kiowa County District Hospital
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer at Blue Mountain Hospital
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer at SAINT THOMAS MORE HOSPITAL
- Chief Clinical Officer / Chief Operations Officer at VALLEY VIEW HOSPITAL
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Began as a charge nurse that oversaw three nursing units through daily patient care, assisted nurse manager in coordinating staffing, led the code team, and navigated patient placement per acuity. Then stepped into the Nurse Manager role for the hospital and now oversee 50 staff. The nurse manager role also encompassed employee health and infection control for the facility. Also attends meetings and strategizes for improvement and cost containment with C suite. Lead education sessions for staff. Now, as the Chief Nursing Officer, I oversee all aspects of nursing operations and assist in strategic planning for the facility.
- Chief Nursing Officer at Post Acute Medical Rehabilitation Hospital
- CHARGE NURSE STEP DOWN ICU/ ICU RN at HILLCREST HOSPTIAL SOUTH
- SURGERY DIRECTOR at HILLCREST HOSPITAL HENRYETTA
- REGISTERED NURSE at HILLCREST HOSPITAL HENRYETTA
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- A.A.S in Nursing - Nursing
Savannah, Georgia (612 beds) And Memorial Health Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children's Hospital of Savannah Associate Chief Nursing Officer Member of the executive senior management team, reporting to the CNO. Responsibilities include oversight of collaborative clinical and operational processes, and program integration of Memorial Health nursing practice into HCA culture and strategy after acquisition 02/1/2018. Responsible to advance evidence-based nursing practice; ensure high degree of clinical integration with respect to the delivery of care, education of staff and coordination of services within the South Atlantic Division. Clinical leadership and direction for all aspects of nursing practice and daily operations for Memorial Health Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children's Hospital of Savannah, Memorial Health University Medical Center critical care services, trauma critical care, cardiac care, intermediate care services, women's services, high risk pregnancy, and neonatal level III and Level II newborn care. Dotted line nursing oversight to surgical services, emergency services, cardiology and interventional cardiology, and case management.
- Associate Chief Nursing Officer at HCA Memorial Health University Medical Center
- Nurse Executive- Advanced Certification at NEA-BC
- Accreditation Leader at Certified for Professional Achievement in Perioperative Nursing Practice
- Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer at Children's Hospital, Critical Care Floor, Intermediate Care Floor
10 months at this Job
- - education
- - Nursing Services
- - nursing
- - nursing
Palmdale, California 2015-2018
Universal Health Services
184 beds for profit facility currently under master plan development to be 234 beds
Chief Nursing Officer
• Reporting to the CEO, while working with the facility's executive team in improvement of operational performances and quality.
• Reduction of RN turnover from 34% to 18%..
• Redesign and leadership change in the Quality Department resulting in currently the most successful new 2017 Joint Commission Survey of all UHS Hospitals.
• Development of 5-minute huddles, hourly rounding, and leader rounding resulting in significant patient satisfaction and Patient engagement improvement.
• Improved productivity serving as Chief Staffing Officer in all departments to 100%+ Hospital Wide.
• Assisting with development of a Master Plan for PRMC which includes a new 4 story tower.
• Currently in process of replacing two new Catheterization Labs.
• Leading Lean redesign of the Emergency Department to improve efficiency and through put. Time improvement for Emergency Severity Index (ESI) acuity 1-5 greater than 100% improvement of patient through put.
• Senior Sponsor applying for and receiving a grant from the Keck Foundation working with IMQ to improve Emergency Department throughput.
• Redesign of the Triage process to improve throughput including nursing, physician mid-level and EMT lab drawing. Currently meeting 5-minute door to Triage, less than 20-minute door to provider.
• Provided vision and set direction for quality evidence-based patient-centered care on nursing units and physician practice.
• Set forth in rebuilding the leadership team of the Quality Department, Pharmacy, and several Nursing Departments. This improved employee engagement, patient satisfaction and physician satisfaction.
• Reduced overall Pharmacy cost to the lowest of all UHS Hospitals, by development a new Formulary and providing a new Antibiotic Stewardship Program.
• Assisting the CEO in physician recruitment which includes City of Hope, Kaiser and USC physicians.
• Overall reduction of Agency usage by 90% over the last year saving the Organization $4 million annually.
• Interim Quality Director (2015-2016) with successful 2017 Joint Commission Survey, currently top hospital score for UHS in 2017.
- Chief Nursing Officer at Palmdale Regional Medical Center
- Chief Nursing Officer at Capella/Southwestern Medical Health System
- Interim Quality Director at Pharmacy Department
- Chief Nursing Officer at CHS/Woodward Regional Hospital
3 years at this Job
Associate Chief Nursing Officer
➢ Responsible for nursing department overall general business, financial and management of daily operations of a 80 bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
➢ Management of clinical, financial and organizational drivers and development of action plans as needed to respond to census while meeting customer and staff satisfaction.
➢ Proactive with current and potential customer focus, institutions important to our business, anticipating needs and strategically analyzing, collaborating and communicating in rapid changing multidiscipline approach.
➢ Talent Development: recruiting and retaining as well as recognizing staff strengths, developing needs and creating a work environment to capitalize on strength and provide development opportunities.
➢ Active participant Governing body, Quality Council, Med Exec , Infection Control , Education and Ethics Committees.
➢ Driver of meeting quality metrics in infection control, patient satisfaction, falls, medication scan and documentation results, TJC disease specific program requirements
➢ Utilizes staffing matrix that factors patient acuity and adjusts staffing to meet budgeted nursing hours per patient day.
- Chief Nursing Officer at HealthSouth
- Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health Unit at Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Care Manager Liaison Nurse for Clinically Integrated Network at Penn State Hershey Medical Group
- Nurse Manager and TMS Coordinator at SunPointe Health
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - Nursing
- License - Nursing
- License - Liberal Arts and Science
I was hired as Chief Nursing Officer for the new acute care California Rehabilitation Hospital in Century City / Beverly Hills, CA. Mid-August 2018, I have fully completed that assignment. Utilizing my significant experience in Federal and State licensing requirements along with my knowledge of Los Angeles City/County construction, health, and other regulatory statues, I’m very proud of my accomplishments in opening this new hospital.
- Chief Nursing Officer at California Rehabilitation Hospital Los Angeles, California
- Chief Nursing Officer at Citizens Medical Center
- Senior Vice President Patient Care / CNO at Knapp Medical Center
- Vice President of Nursing / CNO at Redlands Community Hospital
1 month at this Job
- BSN - Nursing
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- Master's - Nursing
• Answers all incoming calls in a congenial manner.
• Provides total calendar management in all detail to the Chief Nursing Officer
• Gatekeeper, eyes and ears for the Chief Nursing Office of the Nursing Department.
• Provides supports to the nursing staff who directly report to the Chief Nursing Officer.
• Handles all the procedures for routing mail and processing orders for supplies.
• Juggles multiple tasks simultaneously daily while maintaining business operations with a smooth flow.
• Implements and manages both electronical and manual filing systems for the office.
• Able to use all office equipment, such as copiers, printers, scanners and laminating equipment.
• Responsible for arranging maintenance and repair orders.
• Responsible for planning of events/meeting with outside vendors.
• Responsible for meeting set up including location of conference room, agenda and transcribing minutes.
• Drafts documents and correspondence for the office.
• Reviews and rewrites policies and procedures for the nursing department to remain Joint Commission Compliant.
• Adheres to extreme confidentiality.
- Executive Assistant to the Chief Nursing Officer at CNO
- Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Consulting Medical Director (CMO) at Norwegian American Hospital
- Office Manager/Administrative Assistant/Project Administrator at MCINDUSTRIAL
- Sr Administrative Assistant at HSBC
1 month at this Job
Chief Nursing Officer at an 18 bed Critical Access Hospital in North Texas. Responsible for all aspects of patient care within the hospital including acute care, skilled nursing care, outpatient services, endoscopies, emergency room, level IV trauma center and cardiac stress testing and rehabilitation.
- Chief Nursing Officer at Muenster Memorial
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Nursing Administration
• Provides administrative support to the Chief Nursing Officer and Director in Ambulatory Nursing. Supports a team of 20 RNs, MAs and administrative staff.
• Manages the CNO's calendar and meeting coordination, travel and expense reports, and professional correspondence on behalf of the CNO and the department. Provides support for education training sessions that the department nursing team offers monthly, quarterly and annually for ambulatory staff within the UCLA hospital medical centers and affiliated clinics.
• Attends meetings with the CNO and prepares agendas and minutes for distribution to the attendees, as well as meeting follow-up as needed.
• Sends monthly distributions and regular announcements as primary coordinator of a shared departmental inbox and responds to received inquiries via email and phone and triages as appropriate.
• Assists with preparation of PowerPoint presentations and graphs for conferences and high-visibility meetings with hospital leadership and external contacts.
• Operates as an office manager for the department, to include the following responsibilities: submits purchasing requests and processes invoices and travel reimbursements, manages inventory at two office locations, coordinates courier pick-up and delivery of materials for meetings and trainings.
• Facilitates conference room reservations and catering requests.
• Provides HR support through recruitment and department interviews, job descriptions, file reviews, onboarding, performance evaluations, annual competency tracking, time record keeping, leaves of absence, and off-boarding.
• Edits and proofs hospital policies and protocols prior to approval and posting.
- Executive Assistant to the Chief Nursing Officer at UCLA Health - Department of Ambulatory Nursing
- Administrative Specialist / Research Study Assistant at UCLA Health - Department of Surgery
- Executive Assistant to Chair and CAO at UCLA Health - Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Administrative Assistant III (per at UCLA Health - Department of Orthopedic Surgery
4 months at this Job
- - English / Creative Writing